• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Why tribulation?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by W2L, Sep 1, 2017.

1. thetruth0

thetruth0 Member

+9
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    No, im saying that the result of things we are experiencing is because they are consequences of what we sowed. I also find it amazing that people would call GOD the names like their shield and then when that shield fails them, they blame GOD. Saying "this is for my good that the GOD has done this, taken away my protection". Nonsense! The GOD who is ALL LOVING and ALL FORGIVING does not show partiality, nor does HE put you through tribulations.

This is why i said HE is the Most Righteous Judge. Do you think that the death of a loved one is GOD who took their life? or purposely lowered HIS protection, so the person will die? No! Why then do we say, GOD did that? Or blame GOD for the things which are happening in our lives? This is a misunderstanding of who the GOD is.

Which is why HE said: Whatsoever ye sow, ye shall reap.

Yes, the book of Job, which is an allegory which was not written well. And if you can see from the opening chapters, that the devil, satan is not worthy to be spoken to by the GOD, for only Prophets are the ones that hear from GOD. satan is not in that height, nor is he worthy.

Secondly, there is only one begotten son of GOD, and that is Adam H.E, the Son of GOD Luke 3:38

So, as they wrote sons of GOD, who are HIS sons? Angels and Cherubim and Serpahim are not made in HIS image or after HIS likeness. So how are they HIS sons?

2. derpytia

derpytia Compassion. Supporter

+1,154
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Again you have misquoted me. I never blamed God for my sufferings in my post, not once. Please check my original and previous postings. Saying God allowed something to happen is not the same as saying He did it Himself.

3. thetruth0

thetruth0 Member

+9
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Im not saying you have. I apologise for not being more clear. Im saying that we cannot attribute tribulations to the GOD. We are free moral Agents. If the GOD is protecting you, no weapon shall prosper, but if something happens, then people naturally say "God has allowed this".

So, what im saying is that it is the WORD of GOD which strengthens you, It fortifies you, gives you wisdom, shields you from the systems of babylon, all of our strength comes from the WORD of GOD.
    That is what im saying.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

4. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,869
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you for sharing. :) God is merciful

5. JD C.

JD C. New Member

+10
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    We go through tribulation as a test of our faith. We also go through tribulation because sometimes God will break us down in order to build us up in Christ. Read James chapter 1, it has some good info!

6. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,869
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you. I agree.

7. Wordkeeper

Wordkeeper Newbie

+460
    Christian
    Married
    Its called "drinking from the Rock".

God putting us in trouble, and then rescuing us, to show He is able, and He is willing.

Abraham finally learnt his lesson.

But it did not profit some, they never grew their faith, and God swore they would never enter His Rest.

8. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,869
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks for your thoughts.