Why the silence of the Holy Spirit on Sunday against Saturday?

What did God call Sabbath?

• The Sabbath is not the seventh local day of the week in Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sabbath is not the name of the seventh day of the week worldwide

• The Sabbath is not a day of the week in the whole world

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The Sabbath is an independent period to the week

• The Sabbath is a 24-hour shared period for all people together

• all of the above

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a four-seam fastball: Why would God dictate one commandment that makes another one on the same set of stone tables impossible to keep?
The gist of those defending "certain day" worship is the perhaps unintentional result of NOT worshiping God all seven days of the week.
They glory in their separation of a single day for the Lord and then go out without thought of Him again for six more days.
I'm not saying all SDA are like that, but to hold their belief based on OT Law is a rejection of the NT as a whole.
They go to church on Saturday...fine, but have they also quit telling lies and stealing?
Have they quit committing adultery and killing?
I pray they will tell the world when they are as adamant about the other nine commandments as well as the one.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If you wish to use that scripture to base an argument on, doesn't it apply to both of us? How can your POV be any more valid than mine?
Brother, the difference is that my point of view listens to Peter and your point of view has Paul opposing himself and Jesus’ message below. Paul tells us that He is not removing the law and that he expects us now more than before to fulfill the law, but against Peter’s forewarning you chose to ignore Paul’s clear message below, distorting his harder to understand words to have him appear to say the opposite.

Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law. (Romans 3:31 NLT)​

Jesus confirms Paul’s message above stating that until heaven and earth disappear, this has not happened, no part of the law will change and we are to teach these commands that Paul expects us to fulfill even more now under the new covenant than before the new covenant with the law internalized with the help of the Holy Spirit.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20 NIV)​

You chose to ignore this clear message above by using some of Paul’s words to say the opposite even though we have been forewarned that some of Paul’s words are distorted to remove the law.

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:13-18 NIV)​

You do not remove sin by removing the law that exposes sin, you remove sin by fulfilling the law with the help of the Holy Spirit who warned you through Peter that you distort Paul’s words to your own destruction.
Isn't the point of the Sabbath to focus on God without distraction?
The Sabbath has many points to make: it reminds us every week of our origin in Eden by Israel starting the Sabbath based on its distance to Eden. It also makes clear that Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, showing that the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath does not come from God.
Or something like that? If we can focus on God everyday, how is Saturday or Tuesday any different from one another?
Trust God to know better by doing what God asks and not inventing your own way thinking you understand God’s purpose by removing the law in contradiction to God’s message. The Sabbath has more to tell us than what our history has given the Sabbath credit for.
In my POV, He did the same thing with the Sabbath.
You have distorted many things forgetting that God does not change.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)​

What He wants now is what He always wanted: to remove sin and not the law from our hearts.
What couldn't be seen before is now plainly lived by the holy people of God. Our walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh is indicative of the lack of focus on anything besides God.
Then the law would not condemn you by exposing your sin in disobeying the law and the Holy Spirit would help you grow to fulfill and surpass the minimum requirements of the law.
Can you write that with about half as many words? It was so convoluted I couldn't understand it.
The true circumcision of the heart removes our sin and does not hide it with your distorted interpretation to remove the law to ignore the sin in your heart that would otherwise be removed with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Other that going to church on Saturday, how else do you "keep the Law"?
I “surpass” the minimum external acts mentioned in the ten commandments by including Jesus internal extensions to the commandments by putting the law in the heart through the Holy Spirit to not only convict on external acts but also convict on internal thoughts. So that the internal thought of looking at a woman lustfully is sin as much as the external act of having a hidden mistress. No human can look inside you to convince you of sin over things unseen within you but the Holy Spirit can convict you of these otherwise hidden sins reminding you of Jesus' message, assuming you have not distorted His word to your own destruction by the error of ending the law.
Frankly speaking, your "cycle" can be abbreviated to one REAL repentance from sin.
The Jews costly-repentance of an animal sacrifice was genuine compared to your non repentant removal of the law, yet the temple never seized its daily work of granting forgiveness of sins confessed. It was a growing process then to remove sin as much as it is a growing process now with Jesus as our High Priest. For example, listening to someone misuse the name of God in vain was catchy and I constantly asked God to forgive me for those thoughts resurfacing in my mind, now that I have grown from this cycle of forgiveness I ask for forgiveness when I hear it from others and the thought of it never resurfaces in my own mind.
Didn't He "fulfill" the Law?
Jesus fulfilled the law and we are to do the same as He:

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2:6 NIV)​

Just as Jesus fulfilled the law, we are to do the same, listen to Paul confirm it:

Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law. (Romans 3:31 NLT)​

“we”, not Jesus, truly fulfill the law when we do not forget the law but hold it even closer to our heart, thanks to the Holy Spirit reminding us of the message in the Scriptures of the law’s importance undiminished by the “error of the lawless” who want to eliminate the law from our hearts instead of sin to keep sin tolerable without the law to condemn it.
As the fulfillment of the Law has already been accomplished, thanks be to God, what is the point of all this argument?
The fulfillment of the law is not accomplished till “we”, and not Jesus, fulfill the law.

Jesus gives us more chances to do so but we still need to fulfill the law. It is through those multiple chances that “we” grow to truly fulfill the law.
I agree that God expects more of us now that we can walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. Thankfully, He has made it possible with all He has given us for that task.
Agreed, yet the law tells me you are still not fulfilling the minimum God demands, because you have distorted the Scriptures to your own destruction.
Among those things is the ability to observe the Sabbath everyday of the week.
Not possible! The reason you think that it is possible is because you do not understand the Sabbath.
The temple is gone, the priesthood is gone, atonements are gone,
You forget that Jesus is our High Priest in the true heavenly temple and not the shadow of it that was on the earth to learn about what actually goes on in the true temple in heaven.
feast keeping is gone,
Some of the feasts have been accomplished by Jesus first coming, but there are other feasts still to be accomplished in His return.
circumcision is gone,
What it represented is still true, the removal of sin and not the law from our hearts with the help of the Holy Spirit.
tithing is gone,
Tithing is still valid as Jesus affirms in the following passage:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. (Matthew 23:23 NIV)​

They were not to “neglect” to give a tenth, or tithing.
dietary laws are gone,
I do not eat pork as specified by name in the Scriptures as meat we are not to eat.
wearing blue thread in garments is gone.
It is part of the covenant for the nation of Israel to set them apart from other nations, God’s nation will not be restored till after Jesus returns.
Sabbaths are gone.
There were two types of Sabbaths in Israel: the monthly lunar Sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath. The weekly Sabbath was made before sin entered the human race and because it was made before sin it is not a shadow, the one we no longer keep is the monthly lunar Sabbaths.
None of those things made a man holy. They were all parts of the "shadow" of the coming Messiah and a new covenant. If they had been able to make a man holy, there would have been no need for a Savior.
These shadows help us to understand what is now happening in the heavenly temple with Jesus as our High Priest and the cycle of forgiveness that helps us grow to fulfill the law through constant practice.
Man wasn't made for the Sabbath, the Sabbath as made for man. (Mark 2:27)
Part of the original plan, before sin entered the human race. It was made before sin, when God rested from all that He had made in the week of creation, before Eve was tempted by Satan. The Sabbath is a separate covenant that lasts forever, that means without end, ever.

The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:16-17 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the difference is that my point of view listens to Peter and your point of view has Paul opposing himself and Jesus’ message below. Paul tells us that He is not removing the law and that he expects us now more than before to fulfill the law, but against Peter’s forewarning you chose to ignore Paul’s clear message below, distorting his harder to understand words to have him appear to say the opposite.

Jesus confirms Paul’s message above stating that until heaven and earth disappear, this has not happened, no part of the law will change and we are to teach these commands that Paul expects us to fulfill even more now under the new covenant than before the new covenant with the law internalized with the help of the Holy Spirit.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:17-20 NIV)​

You chose to ignore this clear message above by using some of Paul’s words to say the opposite even though we have been forewarned that some of Paul’s words are distorted to remove the law.

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:13-18 NIV)​

You do not remove sin by removing the law that exposes sin, you remove sin by fulfilling the law with the help of the Holy Spirit who warned you through Peter that you distort Paul’s words to your own destruction.

The Sabbath has many points to make: it reminds us every week of our origin in Eden by Israel starting the Sabbath based on its distance to Eden. It also makes clear that Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, showing that the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath does not come from God.

Trust God to know better by doing what God asks and not inventing your own way thinking you understand God’s purpose by removing the law in contradiction to God’s message. The Sabbath has more to tell us than what our history has given the Sabbath credit for.

You have distorted many things forgetting that God does not change.

What He wants now is what He always wanted: to remove sin and not the law from our hearts.

Then the law would not condemn you by exposing your sin in disobeying the law and the Holy Spirit would help you grow to fulfill and surpass the minimum requirements of the law.

The true circumcision of the heart removes our sin and does not hide it with your distorted interpretation to remove the law to ignore the sin in your heart that would otherwise be removed with the help of the Holy Spirit.

I “surpass” the minimum external acts mentioned in the ten commandments by including Jesus internal extensions to the commandments by putting the law in the heart through the Holy Spirit to not only convict on external acts but also convict on internal thoughts. So that the internal thought of looking at a woman lustfully is sin as much as the external act of having a hidden mistress. No human can look inside you to convince you of sin over things unseen within you but the Holy Spirit can convict you of these otherwise hidden sins reminding you of Jesus' message, assuming you have not distorted His word to your own destruction by the error of ending the law.

The Jews costly-repentance of an animal sacrifice was genuine compared to your non repentant removal of the law, yet the temple never seized its daily work of granting forgiveness of sins confessed. It was a growing process then to remove sin as much as it is a growing process now with Jesus as our High Priest. For example, listening to someone misuse the name of God in vain was catchy and I constantly asked God to forgive me for those thoughts resurfacing in my mind, now that I have grown from this cycle of forgiveness I ask for forgiveness when I hear it from others and the thought of it never resurfaces in my own mind.

Jesus fulfilled the law and we are to do the same as He:

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2:6 NIV)​

Just as Jesus fulfilled the law, we are to do the same, listen to Paul confirm it:

“we”, not Jesus, truly fulfill the law when we do not forget the law but hold it even closer to our heart, thanks to the Holy Spirit reminding us of the message in the Scriptures of the law’s importance undiminished by the “error of the lawless” who want to eliminate the law from our hearts instead of sin to keep sin tolerable without the law to condemn it.

The fulfillment of the law is not accomplished till “we”, and not Jesus, fulfill the law.

Jesus gives us more chances to do so but we still need to fulfill the law. It is through those multiple chances that “we” grow to truly fulfill the law.

Agreed, yet the law tells me you are still not fulfilling the minimum God demands, because you have distorted the Scriptures to your own destruction.

Not possible! The reason you think that it is possible is because you do not understand the Sabbath.

You forget that Jesus is our High Priest in the true heavenly temple and not the shadow of it that was on the earth to learn about what actually goes on in the true temple in heaven.

Some of the feasts have been accomplished by Jesus first coming, but there are other feasts still to be accomplished in His return.

What it represented is still true, the removal of sin and not the law from our hearts with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Tithing is still valid as Jesus affirms in the following passage:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. (Matthew 23:23 NIV)​

They were not to “neglect” to give a tenth, or tithing.

I do not eat pork as specified by name in the Scriptures as meat we are not to eat.

It is part of the covenant for the nation of Israel to set them apart from other nations, God’s nation will not be restored till after Jesus returns.

There were two types of Sabbaths in Israel: the monthly lunar Sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath. The weekly Sabbath was made before sin entered the human race and because it was made before sin it is not a shadow, the one we no longer keep is the monthly lunar Sabbaths.

These shadows help us to understand what is now happening in the heavenly temple with Jesus as our High Priest and the cycle of forgiveness that helps us grow to fulfill the law through constant practice.

Part of the original plan, before sin entered the human race. It was made before sin, when God rested from all that He had made in the week of creation, before Eve was tempted by Satan. The Sabbath is a separate covenant that lasts forever, that means without end, ever.

The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:16-17 NIV)​
It is written...
"For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:18-20)

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. " (Rom 14:4-6)
I regard every day as the Lord's day.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It is written...
Brother, happy Sabbath! The reason why the Holy Spirit does not push you harder is because it is more important for God that you learn to love Him than to fear Him, and that takes time. Pressing you because time is short is my task; it is better that you hate me than God. Killed were the prophets of old because people did not want to hear them.

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’” (Matthew 23:37-39 NIV)​

In your own words, if you want to use those passages to base an argument, does it not apply to both? How can we disagree if the same Spirit moves us who spoke in the past through the prophets?

What Jesus teaches today is what He has always taught in the past, that is how we test the spirits, He will not tell us anything different from what we have already heard in the Scriptures.

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. (1 John 4:1 NLT)​

The reason we disagree is because you decide a course of action as you go, using your own initiative and perceptions instead of a predetermined plan given in the Scriptures. Can you honestly say that you follow Jesus and not your own initiative when you jumped? From this:

I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” (Revelation 1:9-11 NIV)​

To this:
I regard every day as the Lord's day.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, happy Sabbath! The reason why the Holy Spirit does not push you harder is because it is more important for God that you learn to love Him than to fear Him, and that takes time. Pressing you because time is short is my task; it is better that you hate me than God. Killed were the prophets of old because people did not want to hear them.
What are you doing writing on the internet on "The Lord's Day?
Are not you to refrain from such worldly media?
What Jesus teaches today is what He has always taught in the past, that is how we test the spirits, He will not tell us anything different from what we have already heard in the Scriptures.
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. (1 John 4:1 NLT)​

If you are trying to prove holiness by setting aside one day, why are you castigating me for considering every day His?​

The reason we disagree is because you decide a course of action as you go, using your own initiative and perceptions instead of a predetermined plan given in the Scriptures. Can you honestly say that you follow Jesus and not your own initiative when you jumped? From this:

I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.” (Revelation 1:9-11 NIV)​
To this:
You can use this to try to refute Paul's Roman's 14 writings.

I am not a Jew: and even Jews have been freed from the Law of Moses.
I am dead to the Law. (Gal 2:18-20)

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
What are you doing writing on the internet on "The Lord's Day? Are not you to refrain from such worldly media?
Brother, if we made two lists about what we can do and what we can't do on the Sabbath: the list of things to do would be endless compared to the short list of what I can't do on the Sabbath.

He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus. (Matthew 12:11-14 NIV)​

Jesus corrects the errors about the correct way of keeping the Sabbath, He is not removing the fourth commandment written by God’s finger, remember that He said: until heaven and earth disappear, remove nothing from the law. He expects from us more obedience to the law than those that came before us.
If you are trying to prove holiness by setting aside one day, why are you castigating me for considering every day His?
It has certain properties that only work on the correct day and no other day. For example, the Sabbath reminds us where Eden was, because adjusted is the beginning of the Sabbath according to our distance to Eden. The truth about the Sabbath also discredits the lie about Sunday replacing the Sabbath because Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday and the Sunday invented-tradition is not from God. We need the Sabbath reminder that you remove by saying that every day is a Sabbath for you, another invented-tradition against the Sabbath.
You can use this to try to refute Paul's Roman's 14 writings.
Shows that, for John, “the lord’s day” is a specific day and not every day as you invented to remove remembering the Sabbath, to keep it holy.
I am not a Jew: and even Jews have been freed from the Law of Moses. I am dead to the Law. (Gal 2:18-20)
This is Paul speaking, and the reason Peter forewarned us that some of his words are hard to understand and used to distort the message of the Scriptures, to end the law when Paul clearly tells us that he is not saying that below.

Keep in mind that being dead to the law does not say that the law is dead, but that protected from the “condemnation” of the law are you under the ministry in heaven of our High Priest, Jesus. If it were possible to end the law, Jesus would not have to die; Jesus not only saved us, He also saved the law by being faithful to death instead of us as our creator and expects faithfulness to the law with the help of the Holy Spirit, who puts the law in our hearts, when you do not distort the scriptures to end the law to your own "destruction", forewarned you have been.

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. (John 14:15 ESV)​

Declared is this earlier statement by someone who does not change, what He asked the Jews in the ten commandments written by His own finger He still asks of us and more.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't mind seeing that as a quote from scripture rather than as opinion. Everyone is of course welcome to their opinion

I get complaints no matter how I respond. Ya know ya....Ya can't please everyone........

Hebrews 4:4–16
Mark 2:27
Hebrews 3:11
John 14:6
Hebrews 2:3

How is Jesus our Sabbath Rest? | GotQuestions.org

Jesus is our Sabbath Rest
What does it mean that Jesus is our Sabbath rest?
Our Sabbath Rest in Jesus - Spectrum Magazine
Jesus: Our Sabbath - Abiding Life Grace & Faith Church

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the sabbath now.

I wouldn't mind seeing that as a quote from scripture rather than as opinion. Everyone is of course welcome to their opinion

I get complaints no matter how I respond. Ya know ya....Ya can't please everyone........

Hebrews 4:4–16
Mark 2:27
Hebrews 3:11
John 14:6
Hebrews 2:3

Some of the best examples I have seen so far of texts that do not say "Jesus is the Sabbath now"

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. (John 14:15 ESV)​
And what are the commandment of Jesus Christ?
Love God above all else and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
No mention of the sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, feast keeping, tithing, clothing, or temple worship.
All shadows of the things Christ fulfilled.
Separation from the unGodly.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Paul says in Heb 8:6-11 they are the commandments Christ gave at Sinai.
Paul says in Eph 6:1-2 they are the ones where the 5th commandment is "the first commandment with a promise"
James says they are the ones that include "do not murder" and "do not commit adultery" James 2, where "to break one is to break them all"

True in Matt 22 Christ quotes the LAW of Moses as follows
Duet 6:5 "Love God with all your heart"
Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself"

Both Christ and the Jews agree in Matt 22 that all of scripture "the Law AND the prophets" are firmly established on that unshakable foundation.

No mention of the sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, feast keeping, tithing,

And no mention of "do not take God's name in vain"
or "Honor your father and mother" as seen in Eph 6.

When asked about what commandments to keep - in Matthew 19 just before chapter 22, Jesus quote from the TEN just as Paul does in Romans 13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul says in Eph 6:1-2 they are the ones where the 5th commandment is "the first commandment with a promise"
James says they are the ones that include "do not murder" and "do not commit adultery" James 2, where "to break one is to break them all"
All encapsulated by "Love God above all else and your neighbor as you love yourself".

Both Christ and the Jews agree in Matt 22 that all of scripture "the Law AND the prophets" are firmly established on that unshakable foundation.
Thanks be to God for the end of circumcision, and dietary laws, and walking distance parameters, and clothing requirements, etc.
All foreshadows of the separation from sin we can enjoy today.

When asked about what commandments to keep - in Matthew 19 just before chapter 22, Jesus quote from the TEN just as Paul does in Romans 13
Keep in mind that He was talking to OT men, whose requirements differed substantially form NT men.
The things of the ten commandments are in our new, divine nature: inherent in the new creature.
Thanks be to God.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

No mention of the sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, feast keeping, tithing,

All encapsulated by "Love God above all else and your neighbor as you love yourself".

Jesus said "founded on" / "dependent on" you say "encapsulated by", I assume you mean to agree with Jesus when referencing those two commands from the law of Moses.

Thanks be to God for the end of circumcision

I guess if you are a Jew you would be glad about that - gentiles were never under that command OT or NT.

Keep in mind that He was talking to OT men, whose requirements differed substantially form NT men.
The things of the ten commandments are in our new, divine nature: inherent in the new creature.
Thanks be to God.

Are the Gospels in the OT or NT in your POV?

Do Christians allow themselves to be instructed by Jesus - in your POV?

There is no change from the TEN comm list Christ quoted in Matt 19 and the one Paul gives in Romans 13.

The New Covenant of Jer 31:3133 has the moral law of God written on heart and mind

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok...

OK...

OK...

Jesus said "founded on" / "dependent on" you say "encapsulated by", I assume you mean to agree with Jesus when referencing those two commands from the law of Moses.
I do indeed.

I guess if you are a Jew you would be glad about that - gentiles were never under that command OT or NT.
True, though some Jews tried to make it necessary for the salvation of the Gentiles...which Paul wrote against at length.

OT, until the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Yes, they do.

There is no change from the TEN comm list Christ quoted in Matt 19 and the one Paul gives in Romans 13.
Agreed, with the exception of sabbath day observation.
We, in Christ, call every day the Lord's day, as we rest in Christ.

The New Covenant of Jer 31:3133 has the moral law of God written on heart and mind
Amen.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok...

OK...

OK...

I do indeed.

True, though some Jews tried to make it necessary for the salvation of the Gentiles...which Paul wrote against at length.

OT, until the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Yes, they do.

Agreed, with the exception of sabbath day observation.
We, in Christ, call every day the Lord's day, as we rest in Christ.

Amen.

Sorry about the double post, but I'm having connection problems with this and other sites....or maybe my old "pull-start" computer is ready for a vacation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Brother, the scriptures confirm your view, the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week. There is a place on the earth where the seventh-day is no different from any other day of the week and the Sabbath, in that site, falls on the six-day, a Friday. I have recently learned from the Scriptures that the Sabbath is only the seventh-day in Eden, everywhere else the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week by your distance to Eden. To "remember the Sabbath" is to know your distance from Eden: in the case of Israel, the Sabbath starts 10 hours before the local seventh-day, giving us Eden from Israel and it falls on the International Date Line. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

I don't think the Garden of Eden is even on the earth any longer, so your premise is a mute point don't you think? We won't see the Tree of Life again until we see it in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the Garden of Eden is even on the earth any longer, so your premise is a mute point don't you think? We won't see the Tree of Life again until we see it in heaven.
Sister, where is Eden now does not change that the Sabbath tells us where it was at the beginning, when God taught us to count the days with the week to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. The most import thing is that it discredits the lie of defending the Sunday invented-tradition saying that it celebrates Jesus' resurrection when Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday. "While it was still dark" below it is before sunrise that starts the days from morning to morning in Genesis.

Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!” (John 20:1-2 NIV)​

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Where in Genesis does it say morning to morning? My Bible says evening and morning. Resurrection Sunday starts at sundown on Saturday.
Sister, the word translated as “evening” in the first day transitions from light to darkness, you cannot have an “evening” without light before to transition to darkness. Evening arrived in the middle of the first day in Genesis, separating the earlier period of light from the first light to evening from the later period of darkness from evening to morning that concludes the first day. The first day is from the first light to the light again or from morning to morning where God creates during the first light-half and has nothing to report during the second night-half because He stopped creating every night that concludes the first day that began with the earlier period from morning to evening of 12 hours of light.

And God said, let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sister, the word translated as “evening” in the first day transitions from light to darkness, you cannot have an “evening” without light before to transition to darkness. Evening arrived in the middle of the first day in Genesis, separating the earlier period of light from the first light to evening from the later period of darkness from evening to morning that concludes the first day. The first day is from the first light to the light again or from morning to morning where God creates during the first light-half and has nothing to report during the second night-half because He stopped creating every night that concludes the first day that began with the earlier period from morning to evening of 12 hours of light.

And God said, let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Don't try to change the wording of every other day to some esoteric meaning. It says and the EVENING and the MORNING was the ___day. Except the 7th day.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Don't try to change the wording of every other day to some esoteric meaning. It says and the EVENING and the MORNING was the ___day. Except the 7th day.
Sister, the phrase "And there was evening, and there was morning", which many assume is 24 hours, is only half the first day, the 12 hours of the second half of the first day that God called the night, which concluded the first day that began with the 12 hours of light before this sentence.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

Upvote 0