Why the silence of the Holy Spirit on Sunday against Saturday?

What did God call Sabbath?

• The Sabbath is not the seventh local day of the week in Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sabbath is not the name of the seventh day of the week worldwide

• The Sabbath is not a day of the week in the whole world

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The Sabbath is an independent period to the week

• The Sabbath is a 24-hour shared period for all people together

• all of the above

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit is the guide for all mankind. If anyone has a beef with that study 2Cor3:6-11.

Spirit-led Christians assume that the Holy Spirit's silence in their personal gaze at the debate of Sabbath versus Sunday defends their side and the Holy Spirit does not convert the other side because it is not directed by the Spirit. When, in fact, the Holy Spirit is silent on both sides of the debate because He cannot convert people to any of the established traditions as correct, since both are wrong and His silence is to encourage further study of the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. Since neither side prevails with the immediate help of the Holy Spirit, what must take place is a deeper study of the Scriptures before the Holy Spirit can convert to the truth that neither side has now.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26 NIV)​

The Scriptures show that the Sabbath has not been fully understood and that the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath is not defensible by stating that it is a resurrection reminder when Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, a fact clearly demonstrated when the Sabbath is understood completely. I have written a book on the subject, "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin", available on all major platforms. Those who prepare for Jesus soon return need to read this book. The Holy Spirit does not defend the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath with His silence; His silence should urge everyone to further study the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. God has imparted the Sabbath with the key to combat the “powerful delusion” to “believe the lie” that will “deceive” many before the return of Jesus.

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I regard every day alike.
Brother, the scriptures confirm your view, the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week. There is a place on the earth where the seventh-day is no different from any other day of the week and the Sabbath, in that site, falls on the six-day, a Friday. I have recently learned from the Scriptures that the Sabbath is only the seventh-day in Eden, everywhere else the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week by your distance to Eden. To "remember the Sabbath" is to know your distance from Eden: in the case of Israel, the Sabbath starts 10 hours before the local seventh-day, giving us Eden from Israel and it falls on the International Date Line. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sabbath (Saturday) and the Lords day (Sunday) are two different dates....

“I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet“ - Revelation 1:10

Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. - 1 Corinthians 16:2

And the church worshipped on Sunday from that time until the SDA came along. Regarding the commandment,

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. - James 2:10

Do you also have a table of shewbread? An altar of Golden incense? A lamp stand? If your going along with Old Testament law you had better keep it all!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have recently learned from the Scriptures that the Sabbath is only the seventh-day in Eden, everywhere else the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week by your distance to Eden.

Provide scripture reference please.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OC: Man was made to observe rituals and ceremonies on the Sabbath.

NC: Jesus freed us from that and gave control over to man. The irony is that now we can actually get some rest on the Sabbath day.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OC: Man was made to observe rituals and ceremonies on the Sabbath.

NC: Jesus freed us from that and gave control over to man. The irony is that now we can actually get some rest on the Sabbath day.
That's because you have ANOTHER day (Sunday) on which to observe ritual and ceremony.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Provide scripture reference please.
Brother, the first day is from light to light or from morning to morning as written:

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

“And there was evening, and there was morning” is misinterpreted to represent 24 hours when it is only the second half of the night that completes the 24 hours with the previous period from morning to evening of 12 hours of light. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have recently learned from the Scriptures that the Sabbath is only the seventh-day in Eden, everywhere else the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week by your distance to Eden.

Jorge,

Yes we are mostly familiar with the evening and morning demarkation of Sabbath. Where however is your scriptural support for what you said above???

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Jorge, Yes we are mostly familiar with the evening and morning demarkation of Sabbath. Where however is your scriptural support for what you said above???
Brother, the Sabbath in Israel from evening-to-evening is not a day from morning-to-morning set in Genesis, because the Sabbath is remembered in the time zone of Eden as verified by giving us the International Date Line as our origin where God taught us to count the days with the week to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,549.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The reason why the Holy Spirit is silent about the distinction between Saturday and Sunday being special holy days is that it is not an issue at all with Him. In actual fact, He doesn't care whether people worship on
Saturday or Sunday.

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day" (Colossians 2:16).

This means that if the Holy Spirit says not to allow anyone to judge us on these things, neither is he going to judge according to them. In fact, dietary laws, religious festivals, celebrations and Sabbath days are nothing to Him. And if they are nothing to Him, then they are nothing to the Father or Jesus.

So those who are insisting that people worship on Saturday or Sunday to remain right with God, are breaching inspired holy Scripture by judging and legislating for people when and how to worship God.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the scriptures confirm your view, the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week. There is a place on the earth where the seventh-day is no different from any other day of the week and the Sabbath, in that site, falls on the six-day, a Friday. I have recently learned from the Scriptures that the Sabbath is only the seventh-day in Eden, everywhere else the Sabbath is separate from the seventh day of the week by your distance to Eden. To "remember the Sabbath" is to know your distance from Eden: in the case of Israel, the Sabbath starts 10 hours before the local seventh-day, giving us Eden from Israel and it falls on the International Date Line. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
To those "in Christ", everyday is the Lord's.
BTW, where is Eden?
I thought God hid it.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, the Sabbath in Israel from evening-to-evening is not a day from morning-to-morning set in Genesis, because the Sabbath is remembered in the time zone of Eden as verified by giving us the International Date Line as our origin where God taught us to count the days with the week to remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Jorge, where is Eden, and the axis of the international dateline is through Grenwich in England if I am not mistaken...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,549.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
To those "in Christ", everyday is the Lord's.
BTW, where is Eden?
I thought God hid it.
Eden got totally destroyed in the Flood, when the whole geography of the earth was altered to such a degree that nothing was as it was previously.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
BTW, where is Eden?
Jorge, where is Eden
Brothers, I only get a longitude from the Sabbath in Israel and no latitude. I place it at 150.3 degrees West. Calculated using two nearby islands: Pape'ete on the Island of Tahiti and Tevairoa Island in the Bora Bora group. The time zone conversion tool at "timeanddate.com" with the sunrise time table for the mentioned islands approximate the true biblical date change line by matching the local sunrise time with the start of the Sabbath in Israel. A possible closest site could be "Maiao iti", but I could not confirm a local sunrise when the Sabbath begins in Israel using the tools mentioned. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still incomprehensible. This feels more like it fits in the conspiracy theory forum.

Plus, the Holy Spirit is not silent conserning the sabbath, I ministered in it a few weeks ago and the Holy Spirit had plenty to say.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Spirit-led Christians assume that the Holy Spirit's silence in their personal gaze at the debate of Sabbath versus Sunday defends their side and the Holy Spirit does not convert the other side because it is not directed by the Spirit. When, in fact, the Holy Spirit is silent on both sides of the debate because He cannot convert people to any of the established traditions as correct, since both are wrong and His silence is to encourage further study of the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. Since neither side prevails with the immediate help of the Holy Spirit, what must take place is a deeper study of the Scriptures before the Holy Spirit can convert to the truth that neither side has now.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26 NIV)​

The Scriptures show that the Sabbath has not been fully understood and that the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath is not defensible by stating that it is a resurrection reminder when Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, a fact clearly demonstrated when the Sabbath is understood completely. I have written a book on the subject, "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin", available on all major platforms. Those who prepare for Jesus soon return need to read this book. The Holy Spirit does not defend the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath with His silence; His silence should urge everyone to further study the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. God has imparted the Sabbath with the key to combat the “powerful delusion” to “believe the lie” that will “deceive” many before the return of Jesus.

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Jesus is the sabbath now.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It is unclear where that idea comes from.

But in John 16 "the Holy Spirit convicts the WORLD of sin"
In 1 John 3:4 "Sin IS transgression of the LAW"
In 1 John 5:2-3 "this IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments".

And as we know from 2 Pet 1:21 that is the Holy Spirit speaking

Upvote 0