Why the silence of the Holy Spirit on Sunday against Saturday?

What did God call Sabbath?

• The Sabbath is not the seventh local day of the week in Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sabbath is not the name of the seventh day of the week worldwide

• The Sabbath is not a day of the week in the whole world

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The Sabbath is an independent period to the week

• The Sabbath is a 24-hour shared period for all people together

• all of the above

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sister, the phrase "And there was evening, and there was morning", which many assume is 24 hours, is only half the first day, the 12 hours of the second half of the first day that God called the night, which concluded the first day that began with the 12 hours of light before this sentence.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

It means to the Jews that a day starts at sunDOWN.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It means to the Jews that a day starts at sunDOWN.
Sister, Judaism was wrong about Jesus, and they are wrong about the Sabbath. The Sabbath is not the seventh day of the week in places other than Eden. Made holy was the seventh day in the time zone of Eden that set a holy time throughout the world that God called the Sabbath, everywhere else separate from the local seventh day of the week. Set in the time zone of Eden, remembered is the Sabbath in Israel from evening to evening, 10 hours before its seventh local day of the week established in Genesis from morning to morning.

The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:16-17 NIV)​

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sister, Judaism was wrong about Jesus, and they are wrong about the Sabbath. The Sabbath is not the seventh day of the week in places other than Eden. Made holy was the seventh day in the time zone of Eden that set a holy time throughout the world that God called the Sabbath, everywhere else separate from the local seventh day of the week. Set in the time zone of Eden, remembered is the Sabbath in Israel from evening to evening, 10 hours before its seventh local day of the week established in Genesis from morning to morning.

The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’” (Exodus 31:16-17 NIV)​

Agree to disagree. Bye!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Agree to disagree. Bye!
Sister, examine the Scriptures to see if what I said is true.

Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men. (Acts 17:11 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spirit-led Christians assume that the Holy Spirit's silence in their personal gaze at the debate of Sabbath versus Sunday defends their side

The Spirit teaches us that we should worship on Sunday. More than 99% of Christians agree.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Spirit teaches us that we should worship on Sunday. More than 99% of Christians agree.
hmmmm.... most of Israel "agreed" they wanted a king like other nations too.

God warned them beforehand , but they still rebelled.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He did not say what spirit... what spirit is most common in the world ? (not Christ's Spirit)
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes on the last day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit? I wouldn't want to be in your shoes on the last day.
You mean you don't want to be in someone's shoes who is following the wrong spirit. (hopefully; we hope that you are not bearing false witness )

EVERYONE is told to "test" the spirits until known or proven true - same as any message before believing it.... and this is necessary daily.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I think many of us here would have loved to see an actual text being quoted there just then - to make your point from scripture.

As it is we have "every Sabbath" believers gathered for worship to hear Gospel preaching in Acts 18:4 along with non-believing Jews and non-believing gentiles.

Yes. The relevant Bible verses have been cited a number of times on this thread.

So then "no sense in quoting them" when stating a doctrinal position -- given that almost nobody here claims to ever have seen even one such text. And those that do claim to have seen one - are not inclined to post it at present.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Spirit-led Christians assume that the Holy Spirit's silence in their personal gaze at the debate of Sabbath versus Sunday defends their side and the Holy Spirit does not convert the other side because it is not directed by the Spirit. When, in fact, the Holy Spirit is silent on both sides of the debate because He cannot convert people to any of the established traditions as correct, since both are wrong and His silence is to encourage further study of the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. Since neither side prevails with the immediate help of the Holy Spirit, what must take place is a deeper study of the Scriptures before the Holy Spirit can convert to the truth that neither side has now.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26 NIV)​

The Scriptures show that the Sabbath has not been fully understood and that the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath is not defensible by stating that it is a resurrection reminder when Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, a fact clearly demonstrated when the Sabbath is understood completely. I have written a book on the subject, "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin", available on all major platforms. Those who prepare for Jesus soon return need to read this book. The Holy Spirit does not defend the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath with His silence; His silence should urge everyone to further study the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. God has imparted the Sabbath with the key to combat the “powerful delusion” to “believe the lie” that will “deceive” many before the return of Jesus.

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 NIV)​

I for one wish that the poll in this thread had included one right answer

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So then "no sense in quoting them" when stating a doctrinal position -- given that almost nobody here claims to ever have seen even one such text.
I don't know what would cause you to say something like that. The verses have been posted a number of times.

If I didn't care to do the work that another poster should have done if this was his concern, it doesn't mean that I want a false impression to go unchallenged, either. I am referring to the claim that no verses have been produced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I for one wish that the poll in this thread had included one right answer
Just looking at the poll, it seems an anti-Scriptural effort is being made,
and even if it had one right answer,
that effort would still be behind it ?

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Spirit-led Christians assume that the Holy Spirit's silence in their personal gaze at the debate of Sabbath versus Sunday defends their side and the Holy Spirit does not convert the other side because it is not directed by the Spirit. When, in fact, the Holy Spirit is silent on both sides of the debate because He cannot convert people to any of the established traditions as correct, since both are wrong and His silence is to encourage further study of the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. Since neither side prevails with the immediate help of the Holy Spirit, what must take place is a deeper study of the Scriptures before the Holy Spirit can convert to the truth that neither side has now.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26 NIV)​

The Scriptures show that the Sabbath has not been fully understood and that the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath is not defensible by stating that it is a resurrection reminder when Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday, a fact clearly demonstrated when the Sabbath is understood completely. I have written a book on the subject, "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin", available on all major platforms. Those who prepare for Jesus soon return need to read this book. The Holy Spirit does not defend the invented tradition of Sunday replacing the Sabbath with His silence; His silence should urge everyone to further study the Scriptures to resolve the disagreement. God has imparted the Sabbath with the key to combat the “powerful delusion” to “believe the lie” that will “deceive” many before the return of Jesus.

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 NIV)​

The Holy is always silent with those who are not with God.

It is not known when Jesus rose; we assume he was in the grave for three night and three days. The Pharisees were offered proof; they didn't check it out, so they do not know when He rose either.

Today we have a story to believe, and it is good that the story checks out and is feasible and we trust that it is true; but it is strange that most Christians believe something that if it were true would prove Jesus a fake. Today we can see prophesy being fulfilled with our own eyes which is our conviction.

Upvote 0