Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please consider everything written here before posting.

So the other day my teacher taught a lesson on Romans 7; and the perspective of the life of Apostle Paul and his writing about himself as a Christian believer; in his struggles between the flesh and the spirit. He even absolves himself by saying that when is flesh acts up it is not Him that is doing it. In Romans 7:17 and it is the sin that dwells in the Apostle Paul, who was a Disciple of Christ who is showing from his own experience of being a Christian chosen Apostle in life from his writing.

If you ever read this before 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. From Galatians 5.

Why is it any of these actions of the flesh not inherit the kingdom of God? Because all of the actions though people may not react upon them reside in our flesh, in this body of death. Paul exclaims as a living and breathing Apostle this notion : Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?.

Thinking on why it is our fleshly body can not go to heaven is because of it's sinfulness. It was tainted with sin since birth, and we can not shake it off as much as a dog who needs to go to a groomer for a flea bath to take care of the fleas that has not way of getting their because of no owner, to take them to be cleaned.

Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, the life, and no one has access to the Father except by and through Him; is the one who cleanses us of our sins and forgives us, in which from God we are in-birthed with faith by being persuaded by God and the hope He provides to us as believers. We are given a spirit to live by and that spirit is the spirit of Christ that resides with-in. Where you may ask? It it in the flesh? I would suggest it is inside of the Body of Flesh; is where the Spirit resides and because we are now spiritually raised from the dead with Christ; we are able to live by the spirit if we walk by the spirit.

Seeking out the things of the spirit and not so much the flesh; And the spirit causes us to have self-control over our flesh; kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, love, joy, peace, forbearance, longsuffering towards God and towards Others.

The Flesh can not enter the kingdom of heaven because it is tainted with sin; it will corrupt go into the ground and die but where do you go? Where does your soul (mind(heart)/will/emotion) Go? Our Soul goes back to God; and we are judged and resurrected into spiritual bodies from there on, at least that is what I believe.

What do you believe, or think about these matters? Please share your perspective if you would like to.

Last edited:

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So the other day my teacher taught a lesson on Romans 7; and the perspective of the life of Apostle Paul and his writing about himself as a Christian believer; in his struggles between the flesh and the spirit. He even absolves himself by saying that when is flesh acts up it is not Him that is doing it. In Romans 7:17 and it is the sin that dwells in the Apostle Paul, who was a Disciple of Christ who is showing from his own experience of being a Christian chosen Apostle in life from his writing.

If you ever read this before 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. From Galatians 5.

Why is it any of these actions of the flesh not inherit the kingdom of God? Because all of the actions though people may not react upon them reside in our flesh, in this body of death. Paul exclaims as a living and breathing Apostle this notion : Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?.

Thinking on why it is our fleshly body can not go to heaven is because of it's sinfulness. It was tainted with sin since birth, and we can not shake it off as much as a dog who needs to go to a groomer for a flea bath to take care of the fleas that has not way of getting their because of no owner, to take them to be cleaned.

Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth, the life, and no one has access to the Father except by and through Him; is the one who cleanses us of our sins and forgives us, in which from God we are in-birthed with faith by being persuaded by God and the hope He provides to us as believers. We are given a spirit to live by and that spirit is the spirit of Christ that resides with-in. Where you may ask? It it in the flesh? I would suggest it is inside of the Body of Flesh; is where the Spirit resides and because we are now spiritually raised from the dead with Christ; we are able to live by the spirit if we walk by the spirit.

Seeking out the things of the spirit and not so much the flesh; And the spirit causes us to have self-control over our flesh; kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, love, joy, peace, forbearance, longsuffering towards God and towards Others.

The Flesh can not enter the kingdom of heaven because it is tainted with sin; it will corrupt go into the ground and die but where do you go? Where does your soul (mind(heart)/will/emotion) Go? Our Soul goes back to God; and we are judged and resurrected into spiritual bodies from there on, at least that is what I believe.

What do you believe, or think about these matters? Please share your perspective if you would like to.

resurrected into spiritual bodies

What does a spiritual body look like?

Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a great question; Eleos1954. We can hear and see indication of trees or grass being blown over by the wind but we can not see it, or grab it, or hold on the wind. So I do not know what a spiritual body will look like though believe that is what people will receive at the end of this life if flesh is unable to stand in the presence of God. This body of flesh dies and corrupts but our spiritual person - new creation in Christ - from spiritually dead to spiritually alive is what as believers is fed by the everlasting waters and everlasting bread of Christ Jesus.

To feed ourselves we live off of Gods word; and it feeds the spiritual man/inner new man or new woman from the heart.

1 Corinthians 1:29

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is a great question; Eleos1954. We can hear and see indication of trees or grass being blown over by the wind but we can not see it, or grab it, or hold on the wind. So I do not know what a spiritual body will look like though believe that is what people will receive at the end of this life if flesh is unable to stand in the presence of God. This body of flesh dies and corrupts but our spiritual person - new creation in Christ - from spiritually dead to spiritually alive is what as believers is fed by the everlasting waters and everlasting bread of Christ Jesus.

To feed ourselves we live off of Gods word; and it feeds the spiritual man/inner new man or new woman from the heart.

1 Corinthians 1:29

well .... actually we do know

Luke 24:39
New King James Version
Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what does that mean Eleos1954?

Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

Behold my hands and feed; that it is I myself; (The Flesh?). Handle me and see (The Flesh?)

For a spirit (Spirit) does not have flesh and bones as you see I have. Seeing the flesh and bones of Jesus Christ; then Jesus talks about the (Spirit); A spirit does not have flesh and bones.

What do you make of this brother out of curiosity? I still can not say what a spirit looks like other than it has no flesh or bones, just like I can not tell you what the wind looks like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what does that mean Eleos1954?

Behold my hands and feed; that it is I myself; (The Flesh?). Handle me and see (The Flesh?)

For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have. Seeing the flesh and bones of Jesus Christ; then Jesus talks about the spirit; A spirit does not have flesh and bones.

Jesus is the one who connects mankind back to God. Jesus is our example in all things.
Physically and spiritually.

He was born in human form and will remain that way .... so will we .... we will be as we were originally created before the fall of mankind.

It is helpful when trying to understand what happens to a person at death to study Genesis 2:7 and Ecclesiastes 12:7 together. In as much as Genesis 2:7 describes the making of a human at Creation, Ecclesiastes 12:7 describes the un-making of a human at death.

Death is the reversal of the creation act: the dust returns to the earth where it came from, and the breath of life returns to God who gave it.

Scripture gives us a simple equation for understanding the nature of humans:
Body (dust of the ground; the earth's elements) plus
Breath of life ("spirit" of life from God) equals
A living person (a soul).

Nowhere does the Bible speak of the soul as an immortal entity capable of living apart from our body. Neither does it speak of the spirit as an entity which can exist independent of our physical nature. We are not made of independent parts temporarily connected, but of body, soul, and spirit in one indivisible whole.

What does it mean to be "spiritual" or to "grow spiritually"? It means to become more and more like Jesus ... putting on His character .... being conformed to His image.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes, you're on the right track. That is what Apostle Paul taught.

It's not what many brethren believe though, for there are still old traditions that some just refuse to let go of that clouds their Bible study.

In 2 Corinthians 5, Paul made it clear that we have two bodies, this earthly house we live in on earth, and a house not made with hands (meaning non-flesh), eternal in the heavens. Paul said if our earthly house were dissolved, we still have that eternal house not made with hands.

That means 2 separate bodies, one of flesh, and one of spirit, just like Apostle Paul taught in Romans 7, and 1 Corinthians 15.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does a spiritual body look like?

Gen 19:1-5
19 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, 'Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways.' And they said, 'Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.'

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, 'Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.'

KJV

Matt 22:30
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
KJV

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is the one who connects mankind back to God. Jesus is our example in all things.
Physically and spiritually.

He was born in human form and will remain that way .... so will we .... we will be as we were originally created before the fall of mankind.

Of course not all of that is true, nor Biblical.

The idea of "human form" I interpret you to mean a flesh body, the image of man. If you're thinking that means the image of man always means a 'human form' involving FLESH, that simply is false.

Before Jesus was born through woman's womb, did He have a flesh body? I mean, per the end of John 8, He said Abraham saw His day and rejoiced, and the Pharisees then asked Him if He saw Abraham, and Jesus said, 'verily, before Abraham was, I AM'. Jesus met Abraham at his tent door with the two angels He sent to Lot in Genesis 18 & 19. The angelic body has the image of 'man'. So we should not ever confuse the image of man as always meaning a flesh body. It can mean an angelic body too. Afterall, God created man in His Image likeness, meaning outward likeness, which is the image of a man. That is our Heavenly Father's outward likeness image also.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
KJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gen 19:1-5
19 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, 'Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways.' And they said, 'Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.'

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, 'Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.'

KJV

KJV

Angels can appear in the form of ordinary people. Hebrews 13:2 , NIV. "

They are a different kind of created being.

There will not be marriage in heaven .... but that is not to say .... we will physically look like or be like angels in other ways.
Different kind of created being.

Psalm 8:5

New International Version
You have made them (mankind) a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.

Obviously angels (the heavenly host) have abilities that exceed that of humans, one being able to appear human form.

Did the apostles see Jesus in human form after His resurrection? Yes
Did Jesus point out the fact
that after His resurrection He had flesh and bones? Yes

Our best example is Jesus. He died as Himself (human form).... and resurrected as Himself (flesh and bones-human form) and stated specifically spirits do not have flesh and bones.

1 John 3:2, NASB: "Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is."

We get a glimpse of this at Jesus’ ascension in Acts 1:9–11.

As [the disciples] were looking on, [Jesus] was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

He went up with a human body. He sits now in God’s presence in his humanity. And he will return “in the same way as you saw him go into heaven”—in his humanity.

Will we be human? Yes, with a glorified imperishable body.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course not all of that is true, nor Biblical.

The idea of "human form" I interpret you to mean a flesh body, the image of man. If you're thinking that means the image of man always means a 'human form' involving FLESH, that simply is false.

Before Jesus was born through woman's womb, did He have a flesh body? I mean, per the end of John 8, He said Abraham saw His day and rejoiced, and the Pharisees then asked Him if He saw Abraham, and Jesus said, 'verily, before Abraham was, I AM'. Jesus met Abraham at his tent door with the two angels He sent to Lot in Genesis 18 & 19. The angelic body has the image of 'man'. So we should not ever confuse the image of man as always meaning a flesh body. It can mean an angelic body too. Afterall, God created man in His Image likeness, meaning outward likeness, which is the image of a man. That is our Heavenly Father's outward likeness image also.

KJV

This is talking about marriage ... not physical bodies.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Angels can appear in the form of ordinary people. Hebrews 13:2 , NIV. "

Duh?... angels have the image of man. Of course they do not have a flesh body, which was my point! So how was it that Lord Jesus said those of the resurrection are AS... the angels of God in Heaven??? Explain that according to your fleshy resurrection! Don't bother, because I know you cannot explain, because you'd rather believe some idiot preaching his own word, instead of The Word of God as written.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is talking about marriage ... not physical bodies.

I well know it's definitely... not talking about physical 'flesh' bodies. And yes, Lord Jesus was... talking about the resurrection as to HOW it will manifest. Or did you miss why the angels in Job were called the "sons of God", and now those in Christ are called the "sons of God", which is actually referring to the future resurrection?

Evidently you miss this too...

1 Cor 15:48-50
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

Can you explain that above Scripture from Apostle Paul to me???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When we die I believe we get a spiritual body inhabitation. The Bible says that in Corinthians. Though I believe Jesus is Lord God Almighty. And is the one who sits on the throne with hands to grab scrolls described in revelation.

God's Word gives us examples of only two different dimensions of existence, this earthly one we live in, and the heavenly one where He and the angels dwell, which is also where Satan's abode of hades is.

In the below Scripture, Apostle Paul is explaining what 'type' body the resurrection is. He points to those two different dimensions of existence, the "earthy" and the "heavenly". I don't see any way around that declaration he made there to mean the resurrection is about the raising of our flesh body...

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

As I've said before, it's the orthodox Jews who believe in a fleshy resurrection, because they believe the soul cannot manifest without a flesh body. That's based on their Old Testament traditional interpretation of Genesis 2:7 about Adam's flesh becoming a living soul by God's Breath.

This is also why they deny Jesus' story of Lazarus and the rich man which both died, their flesh buried, and they found themselves in Paradise, Lazarus on one side, and the rich man in hell on the other side. And also what Jesus said to the malefactor crucified with Him that believed on Him, that the man would be with Jesus that day in Paradise.

So naturally, the orthodox Jews simply bypass Apostle Paul's explanation of the resurrection body type in 1 Corinthians 15.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Duh?... angels have the image of man. Of course they do not have a flesh body, which was my point! So how was it that Lord Jesus said those of the resurrection are AS... the angels of God in Heaven??? Explain that according to your fleshy resurrection! Don't bother, because I know you cannot explain, because you'd rather believe some idiot preaching his own word, instead of The Word of God as written.

Our bodies will be changed into fleshly bodies that are not corruptible.

1 Corinthians 15

46The spiritual, however, was not first, but the natural, and then the spiritual. 47The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48As was the earthly man, so also are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so also shall we bear the likeness of the heavenly man.

So how was it that Lord Jesus said those of the resurrection are AS... the angels of God in Heaven???

In context .... the statement was made to the Saducees who did not believe in resurrection .... and the question posed by them (using marriage) was an attempt to discredit resurrection. The statement Jesus made was in direct response to the question their question posed MARRIAGE in heaven .... not a statement we will be like angels in all ways.

Where else does it say we will be exactly like the angels? Nowhere.

Angels have the ability to appear as humans .... not that they are human. They are able to change their form.

Don't bother, because I know you cannot explain, because you'd rather believe some idiot preaching his own word, instead of The Word of God as written.

Really? and who would that be? Like you know? LOL

One thing I do know .... nobody is the authority on Gods Word we all endeavor to understand it (and should do so by individual study) and should treat others with kindness and respect when discussing scripture.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our bodies will be changed into fleshly bodies that are not corruptible.

Really? another FLESH BODY, hmmm....

Then explain this...

KJV

I find it truly amazing how you somehow make a change of a flesh body of "corruption" into another flesh body of "incorruption". That especially when Paul made it plain that the body of "incorruption" is a "spiritual body"!

That 1 Corinthians 15:50 verifies what I'm saying. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither does CORRUPTION (flesh) inherit INCORRUPTION ("spiritual body").

1 Cor 15:44-45
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
KJV

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m talking about Jesus being Lord God Almighty on the throne. He still has hands to grab things unless I’m wrong about that interpretation. Yes Corinthians is very clear on an spiritual body you have made that known.

You know, our Lord Jesus is actually sitting on the right hand of The Father's throne. The throne our Lord Jesus is to inherit is David's throne, an earthly throne.

Just because many preachers don't understand the Genesis 49:10 and 2 Samuel 7 prophecies that there would always be one of David's seed to sit upon that earthly throne until Jesus comes, doesn't mean to default to ideas like, well David's throne ain't in Jerusalem anymore, so it must be Heaven with Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0