Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
@ViaCrucis what bible are you reading friend?

I might as well toss my bible away if it is not true.

Romans 3
9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

This is why we need the Lord Jesus Christ - So that we can be restored from spiritual deadness becoming alive again being born and becoming spiritually alive in looking towards God; and looking towards the Lord Jesus Christ and his righteousness. For Christ Jesus righteousness is what makes us right with God.

No amount of trying to good is going to help anyone get closer to God; it is by and through the Lord Jesus Christ we have access to God. In the following of God is apparent we desire to do well when it comes to living and being pleasing to God no doubt, living by the spirit.

To say that as human beings we are all good is a lie however because we have all missed the mark.

God loved the population of everyone in the world He sent his Son. (John 3:15-20) But people loved the darkness more than the light. Jesus Christ sets us free from darkness, the bondage of sin, and allows to have new life by and through the spirit. (though we live in the flesh) a spiritual body is created.

An according to scripture to keep alive the spirit is to read the word of God ; communicate with God and pray; have faith; but if you wanna kill the spirit just dont pay attention to God and live solely for your fleshly desires. (For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.)

I believe in Original Sin and Total Depravity, so I am in full agreement of man's complete and utter inability to be righteous in accordance with God's commandments.

I'm a Lutheran, we're the "Grace Alone" people you read about in the history books about 16th century Europe.

I'm not talking about moral or righteous good brought by our human efforts.

I'm talking about the natural good of creation.

It's not that my body is sinful and my soul is pure; it is in fact my soul that is corrupted by sin and so infects my body with the inwardly bent lusts of the flesh. Man is incurvatus in se, bent or curved inward upon himself in sin. Concupiscence--the sinful desire "inherited" from fallen Adam--is a sickness not of skin and bones or blood or neural tissue: it is a sickness of the soul. It is spiritual sickness.

The new birth renders in us a new creation--a new man. It is called the new man because it is, indeed, new. This καινὸν ἄνθρωπον (kainon anthropon), "brand-new human" as Paul calls it in Ephesians 4:24 is just that--a new humanity. What is this new humanity? It is Christ's humanity--the humanity which was plunged into death in His Person and then raised up glorified on Easter morning. It is not some interior spiritual person, or a kind of second body. Rather, by the grace of God we have "put off the ancient humanity" (παλαιὸν ἄνθρωπον. palaion anthropon) and put on the new, which is made new and matured in the knowledge of the image of Him who created it (Colossians 3:9-10)

The old humanity of Adam, full of death, had been brought to death by Christ who tasted death for all human beings (Hebrews 2:9), that raised up in Him is a brand-new humanity, a new Adam, no longer subject to decay because the curse of death has been broken.

And so read this mystery written long ago in the book of Job,

"But I know that my Redeemer lives, and in the end He will stand upon the earth. Even after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God. I will see Him for myself; my eyes will behold Him, and not as a stranger." - Job 19:25-27

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe in Original Sin and Total Depravity, so I am in full agreement of man's complete and utter inability to be righteous in accordance with God's commandments.

I'm a Lutheran, we're the "Grace Alone" people you read about in the history books about 16th century Europe.

I'm not talking about moral or righteous good brought by our human efforts.

I'm talking about the natural good of creation.

It's not that my body is sinful and my soul is pure; it is in fact my soul that is corrupted by sin and so infects my body with the inwardly bent lusts of the flesh. Man is incurvatus in se, bent or curved inward upon himself in sin. Concupiscence--the sinful desire "inherited" from fallen Adam--is a sickness not of skin and bones or blood or neural tissue: it is a sickness of the soul. It is spiritual sickness.

The new birth renders in us a new creation--a new man. It is called the new man because it is, indeed, new. This καινὸν ἄνθρωπον (kainon anthropon), "brand-new human" as Paul calls it in Ephesians 4:24 is just that--a new humanity. What is this new humanity? It is Christ's humanity--the humanity which was plunged into death in His Person and then raised up glorified on Easter morning. It is not some interior spiritual person, or a kind of second body. Rather, by the grace of God we have "put off the ancient humanity" (παλαιὸν ἄνθρωπον. palaion anthropon) and put on the new, which is made new and matured in the knowledge of the image of Him who created it (Colossians 3:9-10)

The old humanity of Adam, full of death, had been brought to death by Christ who tasted death for all human beings (Hebrews 2:9), that raised up in Him is a brand-new humanity, a new Adam, no longer subject to decay because the curse of death has been broken.

And so read this mystery written long ago in the book of Job,

"But I know that my Redeemer lives, and in the end He will stand upon the earth. Even after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God. I will see Him for myself; my eyes will behold Him, and not as a stranger." - Job 19:25-27

-CryptoLutheran

Cool I do not believe or agree with everything you say here.

I believe because of what Adam died; everyone is spiritually dead until being reborn again from above which is by seeking God and being reborn again by Christ; and looking for answers found in the bible. Depends on the person who may make the choice to go and learn more about the bible.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This is why.

Romans 7

21So this is the principle I have discovered: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law. 23But I see another law at work in my body, warring against the law of my mind and holding me captive to the law of sin that dwells within me. Romans 7.

For in my inner being (soul) (spiritual body - by being spiritually born again from above) delights in God's law - but there is another law at work in my body -> Flesh fleshly body.

1 Corinthians 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. (NASB1977)

1 Corinthians 15:44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. (NLT)

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. (BSB)

There is outer body - the natural body
The inner man ( the spiritual body).

The dualistic nature of human beings. We are all born with a soul - mind(heart)/will/emotion. We are also all born spiritually dead until being born again in which we become alive spiritually. That is not the natural part of me but is the inner man part of me that delights in Gods law.

Paul even absolves himself of when his body sins that it is not him it is the sin with-in him. (Romans 7:17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which indwells me.)

Where, in any of this, do you get "inner being" being a second body? And where do you get that human beings have a dualistic nature? Where does Scripture say that we are born with a soul (note that I've intentionally highlighted the word with here)?

Let's start somewhere much more simple.

Why do you believe that ψυχικόν in 1 Corinthians 15:44 means "physical"?

-CryptoLuthearn

• Prayers
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My flesh goes and I tell it with my soul inside to hit a tree.

What has just happened physical contact. My hand raises; punches, and hits a tree.

What is spiritual? The inner man the new creation of Christ Jesus is from being born again.

2 Corinthians 5:
12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Epehsians 3:16 Ephesians 3:16, NASB: "that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner self," Here we have another instance of inner being.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can not see spiritual things. None of us can see spiritual things. All spiritual things come from with-in a person by and through Christ Jesus but also by their reborn again new spiritual body. The natural body doesn't understand but the new spiritual body does understand.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Here is another instance of natural man

Natural man does not accept the things of the spirit of God:

Our inner being is that new spiritual creation by being born again from God.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My flesh goes and I tell it with my soul inside to hit a tree.

You do? How does that work? When I hit a tree with a part of my body, that's me that is striking the tree. The signal originates from my brain, and the signals from my brain are sent and tell my muscles to move such and such a way. And by this a part of me, say my hand, or a finger, or perhaps my foot, strikes the tree.

What has just happened physical contact. My hand raises; punches, and hits a tree.

Well, yes, yes it does. That's what bodies do, because they are comprised of trillions of atoms linked together in many complex molecules; and those molecules consequently make up the building blocks of the cells which make up my body. And so is the tree, it too is made up of the same basic building blocks as everything else. It's matter.

Also, both the flesh of my body and the bark of the tree are both good. Made by the good Creator God.

What is spiritual? The inner man the new creation of Christ Jesus is from being born again.

2 Corinthians 5:
12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Absolutely, I've already gone into this subject a few times already. We have received a brand newness in Christ by having been regenerated. We are a new creation in Christ, because we have received in Christ grace, granting to us a renewal of ourselves as God continues His work. The work which He promises to continue until the Last Day.

Epehsians 3:16 Ephesians 3:16, NASB: "that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner self," Here we have another instance of inner being.

I'm not at odds with Paul's language of the "inner man".

But, and this is important, I'm asking about how you get "inner man" or "inner self", or "new creation" to refer to some second body.

That's the leap you are making which I am asking you to back up.

But, again, I feel we should start more simply.

Why do you believe that ψυχικόν means "physical"?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I answered you @ViaCrucis

Let me ask you simply

1 Corinthians 15:44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. (NLT)

do you believe this is true or no?

I believe that people are given spiritual bodies when they are resurrected by dying with Christ and being raised again with Christ. Being spiritually reborn born again. We can not be born again by going into our mothers womb can we? No we can not. We are born again by the spirit.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I answered you @ViaCrucis

Let me ask you simply

I believe that people are given spiritual bodies when they are resurrected by dying with Christ and being raised again with Christ. Being spiritually reborn born again. We can not be born again by going into our mothers womb can we? No we can not. We are born again by the spirit.
That passage is future in the Resurrection of the saints.

• Winner
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You can not see spiritual things. None of us can see spiritual things. All spiritual things come from with-in a person by and through Christ Jesus but also by their reborn again new spiritual body. The natural body doesn't understand but the new spiritual body does understand.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Here is another instance of natural man

Natural man does not accept the things of the spirit of God:

Our inner being is that new spiritual creation by being born again from God.

Except that the soulish human (ψυχικὸς δὲ ἄνθρωπος, psuchekos de anthropos) has nothing to do with our physical bodies. And we see again that "spiritual" in Paul's usage is connected with the power and work of the Holy Spirit.

The soulish person is without the Spirit, and it is the Spirit that energizes and makes us alive as spiritual people in Christ.

The soulish person that we once were, that's the old man, the old Adam, and it still clings onto us. Which is why we are called to continually put off the praxis of the old man (Colossians 3:9)--the old habits and patterns of thinking--and to instead put on the new (Ephesians 4:24). The putting off the old and putting on the new is, at once, both what has been accomplished already in our Baptism in which we have put on Christ (Galatians 3:27), and it remains the daily struggle (what the entire chapter of Romans 7 is about).

This is why Lutherans speak of the paradox of the Christian as simul iustus et peccator, simultaneously saint and sinner. The old man continues to cleave to us, and thus it must be mortified by repentance, that is why St. Paul says not to be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds; it is why the same Paul tells us to present our bodies as living sacrifices to God (Romans 12:1), and to have the same attitude and mind as Jesus Christ our Lord (Philippians 2:5).

There will be no more old man at the resurrection, because "See! I make all things new! ... the former things have passed away".

And, again, we see the connection between our present salvation connected with the fullness of that salvation at the renewal of all things.

The new creation which has begun in us by the grace of God? That's the newness God is going to bring about to all creation--including our own mortal bodies.

The body that strikes the tree, and the tree that is struck by my body, both are included in God's rescue mission.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

But you haven't. You haven't provided a single reason for understanding psuchekon as "physical". You have simply shown how translators have used "natural" to render this world.

That only post-pones and slightly rewords the question:

Why do you believe that the word "natural" here chosen by the translators means "physical"?

Let me ask you simply

Of course I do. And you know I do, because we have been discussing the meaning of the word in this passage for several posts now.

And even then this spiritual new birth is still a bodily experience.

mjn1lcou1cw-scaled.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am glad we could have all the discussion we have had today.

All I know is to look at the word of God for answers.

There is natural part of man, and there is also the spiritual new created born again person in Christ Jesus.

Ill it to you like this when it comes to be born again.

(Born again we start as in babes in Christ)
(Sometimes as born again Christians we become children)
(Children bicker with other children)
(Growing and progressing learning the word of God)
(You continue on unto a teenager)
(The less fighting the comes about when a person becomes a mature adult - in their walk with God and the Lord Jesus Christ becoming mature).

(Romans 8:14 -For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. )

Never believe anything I say because I am a liar for the most part only saved by the grace of God by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ friends.

:) Always check that word of God and do not believe just whatever anyone tells you.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
5591 psyxikós (an adjective, derived from 5590 /psyxḗ, "soul, natural identity") – properly, soulish, i.e. what is natural, as it relates to physical (tangible) life alone (i.e. apart from God's inworking of faith).

5591 /psyxikós ("natural") typically describes the natural ("lower") aspect of humanity, i.e. behavior that is "more of earth (carnality) than heaven." 5591 (psyxikós) then sometimes stands in contrast to 4152 /pneumatikós ("spiritual") – the higher, spiritual aspect of humanity that develops through faith (4102 /pístis).

444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

444 (anthrōpos) relates to both genders (male and female) as both are created in the image of God – each equally vested with individual personhood and destiny (cf. Gal 3:28). Accordingly, the Bible uses 444 (ánthrōpos) of a specific man, woman, or class (type, group) of people – i.e. mankind in general (inclusive of every man, woman and child; see also 1 Cor 11:7). (435 /anḗr specifically refers to a male and 1135 /gynḗ to a female.)

[444 /ánthrōpos ("man") answers to the Hebrew term, ̓adam – and 435 (anḗr) answers to the Hebrew term ̓ish.

K. Wuest, "There are two words in Greek which mean 'man,' anēr, which refers to a male individual of the human reace, and anthrōpos, which is the racial, generic term, and which has the general idea of 'mankind' " (3, Great Truths to Live By, 46).]

4983 sṓma – the physical body. 4983 (sṓma) is also used figuratively of the mystical Body of Christ (= the Church, the one people of God).

4152 pneumatikós (an adjective, derived from 4151 /pneúma, "spirit") – spiritual; relating to the realm of spirit, i.e. the invisible sphere in which the Holy Spirit imparts faith, reveals Christ, etc.

@ViaCrucis this all I know from what biblehub helps me find for the most part

4561 sárksproperly, flesh ("carnal"), merely of human origin or empowerment.

[4561 /sárks ("flesh") is not always evil in Scripture. Indeed, it is used positively in relation to sexual intercourse in marriage (Eph 5:31) – as well as for the sinless human body of Jesus (Jn 1:14; 1 Jn 4:2,3). Indeed, flesh (what is physical) is necessary for the body to live out the faith the Lord works in (Gal 2:20).]

4561 (sarks) is generally negative, referring to making decisions (actions) according to self – i.e. done apart from faith (independent from God's inworking). Thus what is "of the flesh (carnal)" is by definition displeasing to the Lord – even things that seem "respectable!" In short, flesh generally relates to unaided human effort, i.e. decisions (actions) that originate from self or are empowered by self. This is carnal ("of the flesh") and proceeds out of the untouched (unchanged) part of us – i.e. what is not transformed by God.

Words here Spiritual, Natural, Body, Man, Flesh

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
5591 psyxikós (an adjective, derived from 5590 /psyxḗ, "soul, natural identity") – properly, soulish, i.e. what is natural, as it relates to physical (tangible) life alone (i.e. apart from God's inworking of faith).

5591 /psyxikós ("natural") typically describes the natural ("lower") aspect of humanity, i.e. behavior that is "more of earth (carnality) than heaven." 5591 (psyxikós) then sometimes stands in contrast to 4152 /pneumatikós ("spiritual") – the higher, spiritual aspect of humanity that develops through faith (4102 /pístis).

444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

444 (anthrōpos) relates to both genders (male and female) as both are created in the image of God – each equally vested with individual personhood and destiny (cf. Gal 3:28). Accordingly, the Bible uses 444 (ánthrōpos) of a specific man, woman, or class (type, group) of people – i.e. mankind in general (inclusive of every man, woman and child; see also 1 Cor 11:7). (435 /anḗr specifically refers to a male and 1135 /gynḗ to a female.)

[444 /ánthrōpos ("man") answers to the Hebrew term, ̓adam – and 435 (anḗr) answers to the Hebrew term ̓ish.

K. Wuest, "There are two words in Greek which mean 'man,' anēr, which refers to a male individual of the human reace, and anthrōpos, which is the racial, generic term, and which has the general idea of 'mankind' " (3, Great Truths to Live By, 46).]

4983 sṓma – the physical body. 4983 (sṓma) is also used figuratively of the mystical Body of Christ (= the Church, the one people of God).

4152 pneumatikós (an adjective, derived from 4151 /pneúma, "spirit") – spiritual; relating to the realm of spirit, i.e. the invisible sphere in which the Holy Spirit imparts faith, reveals Christ, etc.

@ViaCrucis this all I know from what biblehub helps me find for the most part

4561 sárksproperly, flesh ("carnal"), merely of human origin or empowerment.

[4561 /sárks ("flesh") is not always evil in Scripture. Indeed, it is used positively in relation to sexual intercourse in marriage (Eph 5:31) – as well as for the sinless human body of Jesus (Jn 1:14; 1 Jn 4:2,3). Indeed, flesh (what is physical) is necessary for the body to live out the faith the Lord works in (Gal 2:20).]

4561 (sarks) is generally negative, referring to making decisions (actions) according to self – i.e. done apart from faith (independent from God's inworking). Thus what is "of the flesh (carnal)" is by definition displeasing to the Lord – even things that seem "respectable!" In short, flesh generally relates to unaided human effort, i.e. decisions (actions) that originate from self or are empowered by self. This is carnal ("of the flesh") and proceeds out of the untouched (unchanged) part of us – i.e. what is not transformed by God.

Words here Spiritual, Natural, Body, Man, Flesh

That's a very good start.

And now I would encourage you to keep looking into the subject.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Jesus is YHWH you are right that is true. I also still believe however we are given a spiritual body when we are born again which we are going to receive at the end of life at the resurrection. According to my belief of 1 Corinthians 15 and the Apostle Paul explains what he has to say about it.

In this life while we are living it we reap to the spiritual body or reap to the fleshly body which is totally a choice of what we do with what our heart (mind) is set towards.

Is it loving God and Loving others?

Or is something different all together? That is good question to ask oneself.

Thank you for being part of the discussion and you too @ViaCrucis

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your time creating this for people to read. I find that I lean towards the belief in what is explained in 1 Corinthians 15 by Apostle Paul who was a disciple of Christ Jesus by the will of God - tells us about the resurrection of the spiritual body that imperishble.

I personally do not desire this body anymore though my soul; and my spiritual body lives inside of it (And that fine for the moment I can still share Christ Jesus :ebil: ). I believe as we walk this earth we build our spiritual bodies up inside of us that lies in the heart of our desires of whether or not we walk by the spirit or we walk by the flesh.

I believe if we sow and reap to the spirit and long for God - the reward that God will give us is that of a spiritual body that is given to God that is fit enough to dwell in the light of the kingdom of heaven.

While unbelievers have a loss though being resurrected the same way and placed outside the kingdom of heaven, they given a spiritual body but without reaping to the spirit they have forfeit a loss because of that which was a made choice while on earth.

Thank you again for taking time to explain a little more I am still confused about it myself sometimes especially when it comes to this understanding.

No problem, your welcome.

I would love believe that we are going to get brand new flesh bodies at the resurrection, but there is too much Scripture written to show that is not true. 1 Cor.15 doesn't stand by itself. I only pointed to 2 Corinthians 5 in passing at times, where Paul is also clear that at present we have also a body eternal in the heavens, not made with hands, if our earthly house were to perish. Paul is pointing directly to his idea of the "spiritual body" with that.

Also, the story of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16 that Lord Jesus gave reveals the existence of a spiritual body in the heavenly dimension, as He showed when the rich man died, his body was buried, but the rich man found himself in the abode of hell, on one side in paradise. Even the malefactor that died on the cross that Jesus said would be with Him in paradise that day, is another witness to the two separate dimensions of existence and their body types.

Thus I do find it amazing that those who believe the 'sleep in the ground' tradition would discard so much Bible Scripture evidence against it just to keep their tradition.

• Informative
Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just like Jesus resurrected body which is literal flesh and bones as per Luke 24:39

Complete with all the wounds we may receive in our death?

Those poor car crash victims or folks burned in a fire, or horribly ripped apart in war.... In your view they'll have to spend eternity in a Body riddled with wounds "Just Like Jesus"?

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would encourage you to go back to 1 Corinthians 15, at no point does the Apostle mention a "spiritual resurrection". He mentions the resurrection of the dead.

Man, that above is a big fat fib. I hope you aren't preaching that junk to a congregation.

The 1 Corinthians 15:44-54 Scripture specifically covers the subject of 2 different type bodies, one of flesh, and another one of spirit. Paul even goes into the matter of those still alive on earth when Jesus comes being 'changed' "at the twinkling of an eye", to what???? To that spiritual body he taught there, for he wasn't speaking of being changed to another flesh body that one still alive is already in! Thinking that change is to another flesh body is so silly...

1 Cor 15:51-53
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

KJV

The rest of your post of just 'sleep in the ground' traditions of men rhetoric against the written Scriptures.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Complete with all the wounds we may receive in our death?

Those poor car crash victims or folks burned in a fire, or horribly ripped apart in war.... In your view they'll have to spend eternity in a Body riddled with wounds "Just Like Jesus"?
Nice strawman only Jesus our Savior retains any scars in their resurrected body.

Upvote 0