Why Social Justice is Marxism, and Why it Applies to Your Marriage.

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. All I can say is ... :doh:

Why don't you start your own thread then, you're welcome to. I don't see this as any kind of refutation or contribution in any way. If you don't want to have a dicussion but would prefer to just attack me and put me down you're welcome to move on.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see, engaging in all that negatively doesn't seem to me to be the right thing to do.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Matt 6:25-27 - “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You see, engaging in all that negatively doesn't seem to me to be the right thing to do.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Matt 6:25-27 - “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Ever read the prophets? How about Revelation? He warns us so that we will trust in Him, so that we will let Him make straight our paths. Psalm 23 isn't a picnic in the park, I will fear no evil because I have placed my trust in Him. That doesn't remove the evil or stop bad things from happening. Would you give this same advice to Cory ten Boom in 1940? Or would you be encouraging her that though she would be facing devastating trials that the Lord would keep her?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever read the prophets? How about Revelation? He warns us so that we will trust in Him, so that we will let Him make straight our paths. Psalm 23 isn't a picnic in the park, I will fear no evil because I have placed my trust in Him. That doesn't remove the evil or stop bad things from happening. Would you give this same advice to Cory ten Boom in 1940? Or would you be encouraging her that though she would be facing devastating trials that the Lord would keep her?
I would tell her to trust in God, and that He has plans for her.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you start your own thread then, you're welcome to. I don't see this as any kind of refutation or contribution in any way. If you don't want to have a dicussion but would prefer to just attack me and put me down you're welcome to move on.

The continual doom and gloom and overblown hyperbole of your posts is getting old and is not a very good witness for Christ. Do you not receive joy and peace from the Holy Spirit and want to share that with others?

I choose not to live in fear, but in the grace of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I'll just focus on this from you:

I'm not running scared, I'm preparing for what the Lord has shown me is coming.

The Lord has shown everyone what is coming. It's in the Bible. In the twinkling of an eye and at an hour only known to God the Father, not just to you.

All your "preparations" just demonstrate to me that you either don't understand what is coming or don't trust God. By your account, you are stockpiling provisions, arming yourself, and preparing for the collapse of the world as we know it. IOW, you are preparing to be self-reliant. Isn't that a contradiction to your claim that we should rely on God?

I certainly want to be among those that mourn, and sigh and cry, I'd rather have the seal of the Holy Spirit than be among those the Bible says are eating and drinking and marrying (as it was in the times of Noah).

Why would you want to be among those that mourn?? Those are the ones left behind when Jesus returns and will have to endure the hell on earth that is to come.

I would rather be looking forward to meeting Jesus in the air, getting ready to check out my mansion he is preparing for me when I am taken up right after those who are asleep or dead in Christ.

Your words and your logic do not add up to what is written in Scripture, yet, on other topics that have been banned, you are very adament about taking the Bible literally, even to the point of it being an issue of salvation.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
All your "preparations" just demonstrate to me that you either don't understand what is coming or don't trust God. By your account, you are stockpiling provisions, arming yourself, and preparing for the collapse of the world as we know it. IOW, you are preparing to be self-reliant. Isn't that a contradiction to your claim that we should rely on God?
Exactly......isn't that placing trust in material things? Isn't *that* Marxism?

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The continual doom and gloom and overblown hyperbole of your posts is getting old and is not a very good witness for Christ. Do you not receive joy and peace from the Holy Spirit and want to share that with others?

I choose not to live in fear, but in the grace of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I'll just focus on this from you:

The Lord has shown everyone what is coming. It's in the Bible. In the twinkling of an eye and at an hour only known to God the Father, not just to you.

Why would you want to be among those that mourn?? Those are the ones left behind when Jesus returns and will have to endure the hell on earth that is to come.

I would rather be looking forward to meeting Jesus in the air, getting ready to check out my mansion he is preparing for me when I am taken up right after those who are asleep or dead in Christ.

Your words and your logic do not add up to what is written in Scripture, yet, on other topics that have been banned, you are very adament about taking the Bible literally, even to the point of it being an issue of salvation.

What do you think that Ezekial 9 is talking about? Do you suppose that he is talking about the Temple in Israel or the Temple in Heaven? I think it's the latter, I think it's the same temple being referred to in Revelation 11, I think we had better be sealed with the Holy Spirit or we are going to get sealed by the Beast. I don't see in my Bible where it says Jesus is returning, I see "Christ in you the hope of glory" and a "spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba, Father".

I guess all of the martyrs that have died over the last 2000 years would probably take issue with this notion that they shouldn't have mourned or that they would be raptured in the hour of their trouble? The ten Boom family had nothing to worry about, the rapture was coming, the Chinese Christians had nothing to worry about the rapture was coming. Oops.

What happens if/when Jane proves correct and it isn't really the end? What if it's just another crisis, another judgement? What then? Still counting on the rapture?

If you have to count on teaching that everything is going to be okay in order to "win" converts what will they do in their day of trouble? Whose fault will it be when they fall away?

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Exactly......isn't that placing trust in material things? Isn't *that* Marxism?

I suppose that Noah building an ark was "Marxism" too, right? I mean he should have depended on God to rescue him out of the flood? Joeseph's preparations were a clear lack of faith too I suppose? I'm preparing out of obedience, I happen to believe that I won't be around to partake of much that I have stored up. Preperation in obedience is not fear and it isn't gloom and doom. Just because people don't want to deal with it doesn't make it unbelief on my part.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't we have a representative government....that basically is "WE the people"?

Not really. We have the illusion of that but in reality, the people we get to "choose" from come from a very small pool of people that the existing power structure has deemed to be acceptable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I suppose that Noah building an ark was "Marxism" too, right? I mean he should have depended on God to rescue him out of the flood? Joeseph's preparations were a clear lack of faith too I suppose? I'm preparing out of obedience, I happen to believe that I won't be around to partake of much that I have stored up. Preperation in obedience is not fear and it isn't gloom and doom. Just because people don't want to deal with it doesn't make it unbelief on my part.
I'm not the one that's crying "Marxism" over people attending to the physical needs of others. I just found it ironic that the one that has been is relying on storing up material provision so heavily (it seems). It's been said over and over again (when the topic of caring for others was mentioned) that people should rely on God to provide their needs....that He is the provider. It just seems contradictory to me.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't see in my Bible where it says Jesus is returning, I see "Christ in you the hope of glory" and a "spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba, Father".
:confused: I'm confused by this statement. What do you mean by it....that you don't see Jesus returning....at all?

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not the one that's crying "Marxism" over people attending to the physical needs of others. I just found it ironic that the one that has been is relying on storing up material provision so heavily (it seems). It's been said over and over again (when the topic of caring for others was mentioned) that people should rely on God to provide their needs....that He is the provider. It just seems contradictory to me.

I'm not using materialism to take over the world, I'm not establishing the "Beast" government as seen in Revelation. They are materialists, I am not. Making material preparations out of obedience is not even roughly in the same territory as being a materialist. I suppose that without considering the leading and unction of the Holy Spirit how one might have a hard time distinguishing between the two.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... I don't see in my Bible where it says Jesus is returning, I see "Christ in you the hope of glory" and a "spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba, Father".

Therein may lie the problem.

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. [1 Thes. 4:13-18]

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. [Mat. 24:30-31]

Might want to check/read your Bible again...

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Thanks for posting this. It eluded me earlier! Yes .. I am waiting for that loud command. Until then, I refuse to worry about the end of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you saying that God spoke directly to you as He did with Noah and Joeseph? That you have a direct revelation from God?? If so, for what purpose - to save His people or to save yourself?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for posting this. It eluded me earlier! Yes .. I am waiting for that loud command. Until then, I refuse to worry about the end of the world.

Why worry about what we cannot control?? If we trust God, God will provide.

If the end of the world is truly near, like so many of those carrying street signs proclaim, I'm all for it. I get to go home to the mansion My Heavenly Father has prepared. Then, " 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” [Rev. 21:4]

No longer will I have to care about this world and its troubles.

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Therein may lie the problem.

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words. [1 Thes. 4:13-18]

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. [Mat. 24:30-31]

Might want to check/read your Bible again...

What is a cloud? Who is in a cloud? You are taking literal what is spiritual.

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that God spoke directly to you as He did with Noah and Joeseph? That you have a direct revelation from God?? If so, for what purpose - to save His people or to save yourself?

To be His witness, to be prepared. I don't see everything or know everything, just what He has chosen to show me. Do you not get direct revelation from God? That is quite an admission.

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why worry about what we cannot control?? If we trust God, God will provide.

If the end of the world is truly near, like so many of those carrying street signs proclaim, I'm all for it. I get to go home to the mansion My Heavenly Father has prepared. Then, " 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” [Rev. 21:4]

No longer will I have to care about this world and its troubles.

Haven't you noticed, there isn't any mourning, crying or pain here? You're quite the doom and gloomer, God delivers us from all of that didn't you hear?

Of course we have a whole class of people who think that nothing could possibly be going better. Clearly they aren't sighing, crying, mourning or repenting.

Upvote 0