Why so much conservative hostility towards undocumented immigrants?

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How did the native Americans obtain their lands?
Their ancestors immigrated across the Being Sea land bridge, according to the experts, for what good that does.
And how do you know they didn't want them here?
They waged wars against the settlers, according to historians.
It sounds like the native Americans were in the same position we are today.
No, they came when there were no humans on the continent.
If you are correct they captured their lands from each other, then they didn't want white people here.
Blame them?
Some Indians welcomed the settlers.
Some did at first. The Native Americans that were at the 1st Thanksgiving, the Wampanoag, went to war against the settlers later because of intrusion by Europeans.
Just like some of you welcome the illegal immigrants. Look what happened after a while.
Yeah, white plague needs to be wiped out.
We Americans if today are the native Americans of yesterday. Were the native Americans of yesterday racist because they didn't want white people here?
Well, today, just as from the beginning of this nation, Americans comes from a diverse set of ethic and religious back ground.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

So you're an anarchist? No borders should exist? That seems to be the logical conclusion to your argument.

Isn't that a bit extreme.

No more extreme than your stances.

If I remember right, this thread didn't say anything enforcing present laws but the lack of compassion by Conservatives.

Because you and others are equating enforcing present laws with a lack of compassion.

Hmmm, how did you come to that conclusion from what I wrote??? I did say "Immigrants should come here legally."

And you said that you didn't care if they did come here illegally. Therefore, you should immediately remove that door and allow anyone who wants a better life to squat there indefinitely.

Hmmm, again, how did you come to that conclusion from what I wrote.

Which part? The first? Because you literally compare what I said to meaning that attacking and murdering people was compassionate.

Anyhow, again, what tribe are you?

Incorrect, legal immigrant workers are also paid that same exploited wage

What are you talking about? Are you one of those people that think everyone should be paid the same wage no matter the job? We've tried that. Rocket scientists seem to get really angry and not work as hard when they're getting paid the same as the guy who sweeps the floors for some reason.

Most illegal immigrants are not here because of the lack of a secure border. Most illegals come here legally and over stay their time limits.

That doesn't change the fact that as long as the border remains unsecured, both physically and legally, this will not change.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Don't bring that bull in here.

When you start providing some source material.
You haven’t requested any. So you are either deflecting or trolling.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You haven’t requested any. So you are either deflecting or trolling.
You haven't provided anything other than one liners with little value, that is closer to trolling. I have given lots of info to those who want to converse.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This continues to evade the logical discussion.

The real fun is when you consider the British colonization of Africa in light of the logic of "everyone is illegal." If that's the case, then weren't the Brits just trying to return home?

You haven't provided anything other than one liners with little value, that is closer to trolling. I have given lots of info to those who want to converse.

Do you regularly stand outside during a thunderstorm and swear at the saints? Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure they were. It was their ancestors who were the first known humans on these continents.

Can they prove those claims? Just because the tribes were already here when the explorers got here does not necessarily make them first.

Consider this: Who Were The First Americans?

And you know this how? Native Americans were territorial and waged wars or negotiated treaties to set borders. Plains Indians were different since they migrated to follow buffalo herds. Eastern tribes sometimes shared hunting grounds, such as Kentucky, but maintained a tribal territory.

Historically that means the tribal nations lost their wars, negotiated treaties they could not enforce. See the problem we have today? We are making the same mistakes.

I don't know of any Progressives that advocate "open borders" but then I'm a Libertarian.

Oh, they exist...

Should the U.S. have an open borders policy for migrants?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Really? Yet you won’t answer my questions, but continue to deflect/troll.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very little that I know of. We did have a new roof put on and all of the workers were immigrants but I don't know if any were illegals, and I don't care. They were really good workers.
I was referring to donations. Not tax money or paying for services.

However, let's just let that question of how much advocates for open borders donate their income to actually help people in need as a general question for all of us to answer in one's heart.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some did at first. The Native Americans that were at the 1st Thanksgiving, the Wampanoag, went to war against the settlers later because of intrusion by Europeans.
Possession is 9/10ths of the law. The Wampanoag, Iroquois etc. knew that maxim all too well dealing with neighboring tribes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The real fun is when you consider the British colonization of Africa in light of the logic of "everyone is illegal." If that's the case, then weren't the Brits just trying to return home?
Ah well placed historically and scientifically.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
To get back to the OP, if the posts here are any indication, conservatives aren’t hostile towards illegals.

(Sorry if that was only one sentence. I’m just good at being concise.)

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? Yet you won’t answer my questions, but continue to deflect/troll.
I answer your questions in the same manner in which you answered mine. If I am deflect/trolling then that is what you have done for every one of my posts in which you have responded to.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I answer your questions in the same manner in which you answered mine. If I am deflect/trolling then that is what you have done for every one of my posts in which you have responded to.
Nice try.

• Haha
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0