Why so much conservative hostility towards undocumented immigrants?

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that the way it worked is that the Europeans took the Americas illegally ... and then, ultimately, passed laws to severely limit who else could come to America.

How did the explorers take the Americas illegally? What international law did they break?

Now if you were to say the explorers and colonists eventually turned to a violent way of expanding their possessions here, then you would have an historically sound argument.

I recall that slavery was once LAWFUL (i.e. legal) ... and helping a slave escape to the North was unlawful (i.e. illegal).

Don't know what the above has to do with the subject at hand.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A country of illegal immigrants denying immigrants. Yep, hypocrisy.

It's not a country of illegal immigrants any more than the British Isles is.

No, as Christians.

Not every conservative is a Christian. That being said, not wanting to get wiped out isn't due to a lack of compassion. There's more options on the table than "Let them all in" and "Deport all brown people!"

Didn't say that it did, but what judgment have many Conservatives lain upon immigrants? Many, not all, down grade immigrants from Latin America as criminals and thieves and those from Muslim countries as terrorists without understanding that most are good people.

Illegal immigrants? Yeah, they're criminals. They're here illegally. That's a crime. Putting that aside, how about the judgement you are making on conservatives. They want their laws enforced, so they must be racist and xenophobic!

And?? Immigrants should come here legally but I have no problem with a person who needs to feed or give their family a better life coming to America to do just that, even if it may be illegally. That is part of the reason people came here from Europe in the first place.

Do you have a dwelling like a home or apartment? Do you have a door on that dwelling, perhaps even a lock? By your logic, you should remove the door and allow anyone who wants to squat there with you.

I glad that you believe that the Native Americans who waged war against early Americans were being compassionate and it was the European settlers who were the sinners

I'm sorry, did you just compare people who want others to come here legally to waging war on others? Also, might I ask what tribe you belong to?

Why is it so hard to understand that compassion is paying people a living wage to that work? With higher wages it wouldn't be exploitation.

It's lower wages because they're here illegally, and so there's no LEGAL recourse they can seek if they're being exploited. As long as the border is not secured and illegal immigration is a thing, these people are going to be exploited.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obviously those foreigners residing in ancient Israel didn’t have visas or passports.
I think they were vetted, when they arrived. They were checked out to make sure they had good intentions, and then they were to be treated like brothers and sisters, since they had intentions of honoring the God of Israel.

God wants us to treat undocumented immigrants in the US with compassion.
Jesus wants us to have hope with compassion for any and all people.

Of course I’m aware of drug traffickers, sex traffickers, and violent criminals who come here illegally. By all means deport them.
Should we send an evil person elsewhere where he or she can hurt someone else . . . as long as it isn't me??

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good question since when?
Since they violated the "Land Bridge Immigration Act". :)

Even "Native" Americans were not here first.
Sure they were. It was their ancestors who were the first known humans on these continents.

Did the various Native tribes have immigration laws? Of course not.
And you know this how? Native Americans were territorial and waged wars or negotiated treaties to set borders. Plains Indians were different since they migrated to follow buffalo herds. Eastern tribes sometimes shared hunting grounds, such as Kentucky, but maintained a tribal territory.
I thought some Progressives advocate open borders?
I don't know of any Progressives that advocate "open borders" but then I'm a Libertarian.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, we could say the same law invoked by the Founding Fathers. "Nature's Law and of Nature's God". The America's belong to the people who occupied that land for thousands of years and it was theirs to decide what was allowable on that land.

Was - until more technologically advanced, more disciplined, better organized and more resourceful people came along to fight them for it and ultimately prevailed. Then, by Nature's Law, it belonged to somebody else. How could it be otherwise? That is precisely how the land came into their possession in the first place - conquest from other tribes.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In general, I’m against illegal activities.

The liberals love them and so the conservatives MUST hate them.
There are liberals and conservatives

who love votes.

If we love ones who come illegally across the border, is it really good for them?

One report says that statistical studies were done on illegals. It is considered, that illegals can have a higher incidence of Alzheimer's . . . possibly, the researchers say, because they are away from family, stressing in an illegal lifestyle and culture, and because they can tend not to be exercising their minds in ways which would help to keep their minds better functional.

Leaving one's family, sneaking around, and fearing being detected or rejected can be not healthy.

But does this mean they have no right to be here?

• Informative
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
A country of illegal immigrants denying immigrants. Yep, hypocrisy.

No, as Christians.

Didn't say that it did, but what judgment have many Conservatives lain upon immigrants? Many, not all, down grade immigrants from Latin America as criminals and thieves and those from Muslim countries as terrorists without understanding that most are good people.

And?? Immigrants should come here legally but I have no problem with a person who needs to feed or give their family a better life coming to America to do just that, even if it may be illegally. That is part of the reason people came here from Europe in the first place.

I glad that you believe that the Native Americans who waged war against early Americans were being compassionate and it was the European settlers who were the sinners.

Why is it so hard to understand that compassion is paying people a living wage to that work? With higher wages it wouldn't be exploitation.
So you are for abolishing the immigration laws. Open borders is okay with you.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not a country of illegal immigrants any more than the British Isles is.
And?

That being said, not wanting to get wiped out isn't due to a lack of compassion.
Isn't that a bit extreme.

Putting that aside, how about the judgement you are making on conservatives. They want their laws enforced, so they must be racist and xenophobic!
If I remember right, this thread didn't say anything enforcing present laws but the lack of compassion by Conservatives.

Do you have a dwelling like a home or apartment? Do you have a door on that dwelling, perhaps even a lock? By your logic, you should remove the door and allow anyone who wants to squat there with you.
Hmmm, how did you come to that conclusion from what I wrote??? I did say "Immigrants should come here legally."

I'm sorry, did you just compare people who want others to come here legally to waging war on others? Also, might I ask what tribe you belong to?
Hmmm, again, how did you come to that conclusion from what I wrote.

It's lower wages because they're here illegally,
Incorrect, legal immigrant workers are also paid that same exploited wage.

As long as the border is not secured and illegal immigration is a thing, these people are going to be exploited.
Most illegal immigrants are not here because of the lack of a secure border. Most illegals come here legally and over stay their time limits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You and I are at liberty to do so without any law.

How much of your income is used to support refugees or illegal aliens in this country?
Very little that I know of. We did have a new roof put on and all of the workers were immigrants but I don't know if any were illegals, and I don't care. They were really good workers.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Native Americans didn't want them here but they came anyway.
How did the native Americans obtain their lands? And how do you know they didn't want them here? It sounds like the native Americans were in the same position we are today. If you are correct they captured their lands from each other, then they didn't want white people here. Some Indians welcomed the settlers. Just like some of you welcome the illegal immigrants. Look what happened after a while. We Americans if today are the native Americans of yesterday. Were the native Americans of yesterday racist because they didn't want white people here?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Was - until more technologically advanced, more disciplined, better organized and more resourceful people came along to fight them for it and ultimately prevailed. Then, by Nature's Law, it belonged to somebody else. How could it be otherwise? That is precisely how the land came into their possession in the first place - conquest from other tribes.
So, the tyrannical rule which the Founding Fathers set up violated the ideals set forth in the Declaration. Hypocritical.

Upvote 0