"Why should I let you into my heaven?"

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

But, clearly, the majority in His audiences for the sermon on the mount were unbelievers. Hearers perhaps, but unbelievers.

Recall what happened in John 6, when the majority of hearers left from hearing ... because they couldn't accept His teaching ...

John 6

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

While Jesus’ audience were primarily unbelievers, that does not mean all of his teachings were to guide the life of the unbeliever in their unsaved state. Jesus’ is not going to entertain the world of unbelievers and to make the unbeliever’s world better. Jesus was all about the faith and getting people to believe.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@A_Thinker

For clarification: At the sermon on the Mount, Jesus spoke to both:

#1. Unbelievers.
#2. Believers.

Yes, the majority were unbelievers, but that does not mean some did not believe. Even the many disciples that stopped following Him in John 6:66 had at one point believed and followed Him. Otherwise, they would not have been a disciple of Jesus to begin with. They believed for a while just like those in Luke 8:13.

“which for a while believe,” (Luke 8:13).

But of course you don’t accept that truth as it is written.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because an unbeliever is already lost and they have no chance of entering God’s Kingdom without first accepting the Lord as their Savior. Matthew 5:28-30 talks about how they can enter the kingdom maimed. No unbeliever can enter the kingdom… period. Only a believer can enter the Kingdom. So this is why Matthew 5:28-30 is exclusively for the believer. For like I said, if an unbeliever were to not look at a woman their whole life (say they are blind or say they do not even know about sex or sexual lust), they would still be condemned to hell if they rejected Jesus as their Savior.
The unbeliever's sin disqualifies them for eternal life with God.

The only thing that can save them is belief in Christ.

This teaching is an attempt to communicate the unbeliever's need for Christ.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But of course you don’t accept that truth as it is written.
I don't believe I have articulated that (i.e. that a believer can't turn to unbelief).

Your statement is a false judgment.

Will you repent ?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe I have articulated that (i.e. that a believer can't turn to unbelief).

Your statement is a false judgment.

Will you repent ?

My apologies. It is just the common belief these days. So I take your belief to be “Free Will Baptist” belief then? They believe a Christian can fall away into unbelief but they also hold to the view they can sin and still be saved. Is that what you believe?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My apologies. It is just the common belief these days. So I take your belief to be “Free Will Baptist” belief then? They believe a Christian can fall away into unbelief but they also hold to the view they can sin and still be saved. Is that what you believe?
That's fairly accurate.

Is it your belief that you can't sin and go to heaven ?

If so, then how do you reckon with your own sin, like a minute ago ?

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The unbeliever's sin disqualifies them for eternal life with God.

The only thing that can save them is belief in Christ.

This teaching is an attempt to communicate the unbeliever's need for Christ.

This is a common view held by many in the church, but I believe they will be in for a rude awakening. Many will be shocked when they face the Lord.

Think, how do you know the good guys from the bad guys in novel, movie, on the news, etc.?

What separates the Satanist from the Christian besides just their beliefs? Can one tell a Christian and Satanist apart if a belief in Jesus as the Savior is all that is needed to be saved?

What do you make of verses like 1 John 3:7-8?
What about 1 John 3:10?
What about 1 John 3:15?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's fairly accurate.

Not all sins are the same. In Matthew 5:22 we learn that Jesus teaches us about sins that do not lead to death and a sin that does lead to death.

“But I say to you that everyone who continues to be angry with his brother
or harbors malice against him shall be guilty before the court;
and whoever speaks
[contemptuously and insultingly] to his brother,
‘Raca
(You empty-headed idiot)!’ shall be guilty before the
supreme court
(Sanhedrin); and whoever says,
‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of the fiery hell
.”
(Matthew 5:22) (AMP).​

The words in blue above are “sins not unto death” because they are the kind of sins that lead to punishment in earthly courts, but the words in red above is a “sin unto death” because it involves punishment in the afterlife in fiery hell.

Of course a believer can confess and forsake sins unto death and be forgiven (as long as they are remorseful and they do not intend to sin again).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's fairly accurate.

As a believer who holds to the biblical view that certain sins can separate me from God and his salvation, I believe that the saint needs to confess and forsake all sins and make apologies to others if necessary (or if it is possible). I believe this is a basic biblical teaching in regards to maintaining salvation. So the saint strives to learn from his mistakes and to live more holy in God’s sight. To not do so is to not have a proper fear of God as the Bible talks about. Ask yourself. Does the sin and still be saved mentally appear to seem plausible in passages like 2 Timothy 3:1-9, Jude 1:4, 2 Corinthians 7:1, and 2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a believer who holds to the biblical view that certain sins can separate me from God and his salvation, I believe that the saint needs to confess and forsake all sins and make apologies to others if necessary (or if it is possible). I believe this is a basic biblical teaching in regards to maintaining salvation. So the saint strives to learn from his mistakes and to live more holy in God’s sight. To not do so is to not have a proper fear of God as the Bible talks about. Ask yourself. Does the sin and still be saved mentally appear to seem plausible in passages like 2 Timothy 3:1-9, Jude 1:4, 2 Corinthians 7:1, and 2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14?

With reference to Romans 5:12-17, out of curiosity,

when you were in Adam, before you accept the free gift of salvation that Christ gave you, do you think there were certain good deeds you could have done to separate you from the death that his disobedience in the garden gave you?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

when you were in Adam, before you accept the free gift of salvation that Christ gave you, do you think there were certain good deeds you could have done to separate you from the death that his disobedience in the garden gave you?

One of the few ways a person who is in Adam can not die is if they die as a baby, or if they are mentally handicapped since birth to not know right from wrong, etc.

But not everything is neat and cut out the way we want it. Jesus is called a door but He obviously does not have hinges like a door. So there are limits to analogies. So your striving to disprove the “sin not unto death” mentioned in 1 John 5:16-17, Matthew 5:22, etc. by comparing the imputation of Adam vs the imputation of Christ is not really valid - IMO. These verses are still true in what they say.

Even life teaches us that not all crimes or offenses leads to a death penalty or major punishment (like imprisonment). This is important to understand because Jesus accepted an extended parable by a Canaanite woman. What she offered was a real world example by saying that even the dogs can eat from the master’s table.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible Highlighter said:
Does the sin and still be saved mentally appear to seem plausible in passages like 2 Timothy 3:1-9, Jude 1:4, 2 Corinthians 7:1, and 2 Peter 2:1, 2 Peter 2:14?
These all seem to be infiltraters, ... rather than true believers ...

Obviously you mean with the exception of 2 Corinthians 7:1, right? For in 2 Corinthians 7:1: Paul is telling the Corinthians to cleanse themselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Now, why would he say that to them?

My point here is that you appear to hold to the view that a believer can sin and still be saved. Yet the verses I quoted condemn this very kind of thing. You say they are infiltrators. Why? What makes you believe that way? Peter talks about how there are false prophets who cannot cease from sin. Do you believe in ceasing from sins that lead to spiritual death? Paul talks about how there are those who have a form of godliness and they are lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God. Was the prodigal saved when he was living it up with prostitutes? You said he was still a son (implying he was saved the whole time). When he was with these prostitutes, was he a lover more of pleasure or a lover more of God? So this shows that prodigal son was not saved if we are apply the bad characteristics of those individuals in 2 Timothy 3:1-9. For that is how we identify these kind of individuals is by what they do.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

When a person accepts Jesus as their Savior, they are associating with Christ’s sacrifice. But you need to realize that this also includes walking in the light as He is in the light (afterwards), too.

For 1 John 1:7 says:
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the few ways a person who is in Adam can not die is if they die as a baby, or if they are mentally handicapped since birth to not know right from wrong, etc.

But not everything is neat and cut out the way we want it. Jesus is called a door but He obviously does not have hinges like a door. So there are limits to analogies. So your striving to disprove the “sin not unto death” mentioned in 1 John 5:16-17, Matthew 5:22, etc. by comparing the imputation of Adam vs the imputation of Christ is not really valid - IMO. These verses are still true in what they say.

Even life teaches us that not all crimes or offenses leads to a death penalty or major punishment (like imprisonment). This is important to understand because Jesus accepted an extended parable by a Canaanite woman. What she offered was a real world example by saying that even the dogs can eat from the master’s table.

But you would agree that, no amount of good deeds can cause an unbeliever to lose Adam's "free gift" of death that the unbeliever inherited?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously you mean with the exception of 2 Corinthians 7:1, right? For in 2 Corinthians 7:1: Paul is telling the Corinthians to cleanse themselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Now, why would he say that to them?
It is a quite reasonable exhortation for the children of God.

My parents instructed me to do similarly.

I received quite clear exhortation, notice of expectation, and the occasional chastening from my earthly parents, ... but neither myself ... or my five siblings, was ever disowned by the family headship due to occasional non-compliance.

And God is the perfect Father ...

Matthew 7: 11 If you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What separates the Satanist from the Christian besides just their beliefs? Can one tell a Christian and Satanist apart if a belief in Jesus as the Savior is all that is needed to be saved?
Their belief (i.e. posture) regarding God is enough to separate them from God.

Those who wish to be separated from God ... ultimately receive their desire.

Those who wish to be with God ... also ultimately receive their desire ... in the main because God also desires that they be with Him.

Psalms 8

4 What is man, that You are mindful of him? and the son of man, that You visit him?

5 For You hast made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet:

Matthew 11

28 “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Revelation 21

3 Then I heard a great voice from the throne crying, “See! The home of God is with men, and he will live among them. They shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, 4 and will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death shall be no more, and never again shall there be sorrow or crying or pain. For all those former things are past and gone.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But you would agree that, no amount of good deeds can cause an unbeliever to lose Adam's "free gift" of death that the unbeliever inherited?

Actually, that is not true. The good deed (or good work of God) is seeking forgiveness with the Lord, accepting Christ as one’s Savior, and believing that He died for our sins, He was buried, and He was risen three days later for our salvation. This good deed will help us to lose the “free gift” of death given to us by Adam. We need to initially move towards God in faith or belief so to be saved by His grace.

For Jesus said:
“…This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” (John 6:29).

Actually, what you fail to understand is that babies have this free gift of Christ automatically because if a baby dies, they are saved by Christ’s sacrifice. For the baby has not done any wrong to merit condemnation. But when the baby grows up and falls into sin, they then need to regain the sacrifice of Christ by coming to the Lord of their own free will choice. It’s like the parable of the Prodigal Son: When he came home and sought forgiveness with his father over his prodigal sinful life, his father said he was “dead” and he is “alive AGAIN.” The prodigal son did not physically die, so the parable is obviously speaking in spiritual terms. The prodigal son was dead spiritually when he was living it up with prostitutes, but when he came back home to the father and sought forgiveness with him, he became alive AGAIN spiritually. To ignore this obvious fact of the parable (that is plain) is to simply bury one’s head in the sand to such a truth (because one does not want to see it).

You also are ignoring what 1 John 1:7 says, as well. It says IF we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

So we have to walk in the light (after we are saved by God’s grace) in order for the blood of Jesus to continually cleanse us from all sin. Walking in the light is conditional and not a guarantee because John uses the word IF. Being cleansed from all sin is a salvation issue. Walking in the light is loving your brother according to the indirect wording used in 1 John 2:9-11. So you have to love the brethren (which involves good deeds) so that the blood of Jesus cleanses us (Saves us). So you have to look at the whole counsel of God’s Word and not focus a laser beam on those verses you prefer to see from your own particular belief, friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is a quite reasonable exhortation for the children of God.

My parents instructed me to do similarly.

I received quite clear exhortation, notice of expectation, and the occasional chastening from my earthly parents, ... but neither myself ... or my five siblings, was ever disowned by the family headship due to occasional non-compliance.

To be born into this world means to come into this world and be alive. One can stop being in this world and stop being alive by dying (Even by their own hand or free will choice). A Christian can die spiritually if they justify sin.

The Bible’s teaching that serious sin is separation from GOD,

[God said to Adam,]
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:17).

[Eve said to the serpent,]
"But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. (Genesis 3:3).

And the serpent said unto the woman,
"Ye shall not surely die." (Genesis 3:4).

"...she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked..." (Genesis 3:6-7).

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." (Romans 5:12).

"For the wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23).

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2).

"Now we know that God hears not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and does his will, him he hears." (John 9:31).

“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:” (Psalms 66:18).

“...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.”
(Matthew 5:22).

28 “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” (Matthew 5:28-30).

“But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.” (Proverbs 6:32).

“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” (Matthew 6:15).

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)

Important Note: If you were to look at 1 Thessalonians 4:3 you would learn that the will of God (i.e. the Father) is to be holy or it is our sanctification; And Hebrews 12:14 says, without holiness no man shall see the Lord.

“22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’” (Matthew 7:22-23 ESV).

“26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
(Matthew 7:26-27).

“15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matthew 7:15-20).

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." (Hebrews 10:26).

"he that commits sin is of the devil." (1 John 3:8).

"everyone who does evil hates the light." (John 3:20).

"Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee." (Acts of the Apostles 8:22).

6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:6-7).

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15).

"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now." (1 John 2:9).

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10).

41 "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,
42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." (Matthew 13:41-43 ESV).

“For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” (Matthew 12:37).

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing,..." (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
(James 4:6).

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." (Romans 11:21-22).

16 "There is a sin unto death..."
17 "...and there is a sin not unto death." (1 John 5:16-17).

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8).

19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication,, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

5 "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affe
ction, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them." (Colossians 3:5-7).

5 “...God;
6 ...will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law” (Romans 2:5-12).

“But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.” (Ezekiel 18:24).

9 “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. “ (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” (James 2:17).

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30).

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

You said:
And God is the perfect Father ...

Matthew 7: 11 If you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Every person is technically a son of God because we all came from Adam who was made by God. So in one way or perspective, even unbelievers can say they came ultimately from God the Father. This does not mean they are of God. Ever really read 1 John 3:10 slowly lately and ponder it’s meaning word for word?

“In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

This same truth is expressed here with the Lord Jesus:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.” (John 8:44-47).

We learn in Matthew 25:21 that the Lord calls one of his servants (faithful believers) as good.

“His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” (Matthew 25:21).

Now, contrast that with what is said about the unprofitable servant.

“His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant,…” (Matthew 25:26).

“And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).

So we see that a faithful servant is called good by our Lord in Matthew 25:21, and yet the unprofitable servant is called wicked in Matthew 25:26 with his fate as being thrown into outer darkness (Matthew 25:30). We learn that those who do the lusts of their father the devil do not hear (obey) God’s words because they are not of God (John 8:44-47). For he that does not righteousness is not of God (1 John 3:10).

For the person who says they know the Lord and yet they do not keep His commandments, they are a liar and the truth is not in them (See: 1 John 2:4).

All liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8).

So Jesus was not referring to believers being evil but unbelievers in Matthew 7:11.

But one can only know this if they look at the whole counsel of God’s Word and accept what that counsel says. Unfortunately, most today in the church will not accept this counsel because they prefer their own comforting message that simply is an illusion or mirage. In the end: It is my prayer and hope that will not be the case for you.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Their belief (i.e. posture) regarding God is enough to separate them from God.

Those who wish to be separated from God ... ultimately receive their desire.

Those who wish to be with God ... also ultimately receive their desire ... in the main because God also desires that they be with Him.

But your missing the point. A belief leads to proper actions. If a man cheats on his wife and says he loves her, he is not really loving his wife. He would only be paying lip service in that he loved his wife while he cheated on her.

For example: If Rick said that his old rocking chair on his porch was able to hold his weight, and he said he believed that with all his heart, would he truly be showing forth that his statement of faith was true if he never sat in the chair? Especially if he was asked to sit in it and yet he refused to do so? In other words, if Rick believed that his porch chair would hold his weight (and he told others this), he would no doubt take the action necessary by sitting in that chair to prove that such a statement was true. Otherwise it would just be an empty profession of faith. In other words, if a person says they love God, and they have no visible good fruit to show that such a thing is true, then it would be just an empty profession of faith that they love God. Meaning, they really do not love God. It would just be a paying of lip service. I mean, a man can say he loves his wife, but if he does nothing to please her in any way, then he really does not love her. Action shows forth whether one's faith is the genuine and the real article vs. it being fake.

The Bible actually talks about this in James 2. Faith without works is dead (James 2:17). For even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19). Can a dead faith access the saving grace of God? I don’t see how? For a person can deny God by being reprobate unto good works (See: Titus 1:16).

What you fail to understand is that the same word “justified” is used in James 2:24 to refer to both works and faith. Most Christians will not argue with me that we are justified by faith in regards to being saved. But they bury their heads in the sand when it comes to that same word pointing to works because they do not like that truth. They do backflip twists through the air in order to avoid such a truth.

full

You said:
Psalms 8

4 What is man, that You are mindful of him? and the son of man, that You visit him?

5 For You hast made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet:

I am not sure exactly how this passage proves your point that believers can sin and still be saved.
Please explain.

You said:
Matthew 11

28 “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Nowhere in the context does this suggest that believers can sin and still be saved or do evil. A yoke is a thing put on cattle and it was a burden for them to carry.

full

So while Jesus’ yoke is light, it is still a yoke or burden. Unless you believe that it is not a burden to follow the teachings of Jesus in picking up your cross, and denying yourself so as to follow Jesus. Remember, Jesus talked about counting the cost in following Him.

What I believe that Jesus’ meant in his yoke being light is by comparison to the burdens that unbelievers carry.

You said:
Revelation 21

3 Then I heard a great voice from the throne crying, “See! The home of God is with men, and he will live among them. They shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, 4 and will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death shall be no more, and never again shall there be sorrow or crying or pain. For all those former things are past and gone.”

This is said to the believer who will keep His commandments.

“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:14-15) (KJB).

Does not sound like a sin and still be saved concept going on this passage to me.
Oh, and this passage is at the end of our Bible, too. So this shows that things have not changed in regards to Jesus’ teaching on holy living as a part of entering God’s Kingdom.
On top of that the apostle Paul says if any man does not agree with the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine according to godliness, he is proud and he knows nothing (1 Timothy 6:3-4).
James 4:6 says God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Obviously people who justify sin are proud and not humble before God.
The whole Bible from beginning to end focuses on God’s displeasure over man’s disobedience, and His pleasure in man’s obedience to Him. God never agrees with man’s sin in any way. That is what a sin and still be saved doctrine does. It means God would have to be on board with that kind of plan of salvation. God would have to agree with man’s sin in order to save him because he is allowing him to sin and still be saved. But God is holy, just, and good and separate from sinners.

“For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens” (Hebrews 7:26).

Jesus is our high priest and He is holy and separate from sinners.
We are called to follow in His footsteps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0