Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I've come to the conclusion that Obama is certain to win this race. Difficult as it is to admit, it is nearly certain, unless something catastrophic happens.

Here's why.

1) The polls have all been showing high upswings for Obama. This morning a new Zogby poll shows Obama leading McCain 51% - 42%. Most polls have shown these tendencies. According to Real Clear Politics right now even if McCain won all the swing states he'd come up short to Obama. Now the talk for some is not if Obama will win, but how big will he win?

2) The economy. The race was very close until the bank collapses. At this point, swing voters clearly had enough of Republicans in high office, and want the Democrats in. People are afraid and they are voting emotionally.

3) McCain is showing weakness in states that traditionally vote Republican. Most of the swing states, including mine is leaning towards Obama.

4) The enthusiasm gap. Have you noticed how all the talk on the right is about Obama? How much is about McCain? Republicans have become reactionary. Contrast this with when Bush ran both times. Republicans believed in and supported Bush. There is not much enthusiasm for McCain, in fact, much of it is manufactured enthusiasm out of fear of what an Obama presidency will mean. This is what it was like in the'90s when the obsession was with stopping Clinton. The Republicans were the anti-Clinton party. It was all about stopping Clinton, it was not about the Republican candidate, Dole who was a mediocre choice.

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Those are all indicators that Obama will and that have lead you to believe he will win, but not necessarily the reasons why he is winning.

In my opinion the reasons why Obama will win are
#1 because the people have become foolish, ignorant, and by and large have been successfully indoctrinated into a globalist, humanist world view.
#2 because even the 'conservatives' have grossly fallen short due to lack of understanding, and lack of insight. Many adopted a seriously flawed worldview that has failed, and in its collapse it has only served to seriously damage the rest of the conservative remnant in America.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He just might win becuz of rampant voter fraud which the left doesn't mind stooping to in order to achieve what they want.

But we can continue to pray he doesn't win - it isn't over yet.

I'll continue praying that total power of this country doesn't sink into the hands of the far left - and since at least 1/2 the country either doesn't care, is too ____? to realize it or WANTS it to go there, it just might happen.
So be it - maybe the country might need to wake up from its slumber & he might be the one to achieve that purpose.

God is in control & I'll keep remembering that whoever gets into office becuz whoever it is will carry out His plan in end times prophecy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
This election has made me vary grateful that I can't vote since if I would be voting I would be voting against Obama instead of for MaCain. Thing's aren't looking for good old MaC, but I trust in the Lord that he will put the leader HE please according to his divine plan.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Republicans have become Democrats Lite. They offer most of the same social programs albeit not as full featured. Until they learn that people really do want conservative issues pushed, not government handouts, they will never win big again.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
He just might win becuz of rampant voter fraud which the left doesn't mind stooping to in order to achieve what they want.

But we can continue to pray he doesn't win - it isn't over yet.

I'll continue praying that total power of this country doesn't sink into the hands of the far left - and since at least 1/2 the country either doesn't care, is too stupid to realize it or WANTS it to go there, it just might happen.
So be it - maybe the country might need to wake up from its slumber & he might be the one to achieve that purpose.

God is in control & I'll keep remembering that whoever gets into office becuz whoever it is will carry out His plan in end times prophecy
The voter fraud is actually registration fraud. Huge difference. Those fake registrations will never get to vote. Unless they issue Mickey Mouse some form of id!

As for the slumber...people are coming to the polls in record number. Go early voting! If anything it looks like people are waking up.
That doesn't automatically make them smart voters! But they're voting in any case.
:p

Republicans have become Democrats Lite. They offer most of the same social programs albeit not as full featured. Until they learn that people really do want conservative issues pushed, not government handouts, they will never win big again.
That's a good way to put it.

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The voter fraud is actually registration fraud. Huge difference. Those fake registrations will never get to vote. Unless they issue Mickey Mouse some form of id!
I would of agreed with you 2 wks ago, but this is now discovered as a separate fact.
There IS voter fraud going on now - aside from Acorn's registration frauds.
And reg. fraud isn't minor either.

As for the slumber...people are coming to the polls in record number. Go early voting! If anything it looks like people are waking up.
That doesn't automatically make them smart voters! But they're voting in any case.
:p
voting early makes people "awakened"? I guess who one votes for means nothing, just that you voted. :scratch:
That's what people say about relgion too; as long as you believe a God exists & you're open to religion, you're spiritually awake.
Nevermind who you think he/she/it is?

Either way, I hope more Christians are getting out to vote - maybe they'll see how important a leader is?

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I would of agreed with you 2 wks ago, but this is now discovered as a separate fact.
There IS voter fraud going on now - aside from Acorn's registration frauds.
And reg. fraud isn't minor either.

voting early makes people "awakened"? I guess who one votes for means nothing, just that you voted. :scratch:
That's what people say about relgion too; as long as you believe a God exists & you're open to religion, you're spiritually awake.
Nevermind who you think he/she/it is?

Either way, I hope more Christians are getting out to vote - maybe they'll see how important a leader is?
Oh, I have heard of some of the actual voter fraud as well. Just from what I've seen so far (which isn't all that in depth I admit) it seems fairly minor. And that sort of monkey business goes on across the board. The last two elections have taught us that bitter lesson.

The thing about early registration...I was only saying that a *lot* of people are getting out there and voting. I wasn't commenting on *who* they are voting for. They are fired up either way!
And in the long run, I think that's a score for democracy.

Honestly, I don't see either candidate as a "golden child" for the Christian voter out there. That's politics for ya!

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even many confirmed Republicans are wavering at the moment. McCain just isn't a good choice :( But to vote Obama is unthinkable... ugh. I don't envy y'all who have to actually vote :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Obama.. someone needs to find out if he truly was born in Lebanon. Some one also needs to find out where all this funding is coming from... rich foreign money looped through muslim cells in the US?? I do not trust Obama.. I think he is dangerous.// smart, great speaker, and has charisma.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even many confirmed Republicans are wavering at the moment. McCain just isn't a good choice :( But to vote Obama is unthinkable... ugh. I don't envy y'all who have to actually vote :hug::hug::hug:
I think it's easy - vote against the worst of the 2 evils.

I still would love to know how McCain even won the repub. candidacy!???

By the time it got to my state, he already won, so I didn't get to vote here. But I still say this, if it was Huckabee or even Fred Thompson, there wouldn't be ANY hope for either in this election.
I still believe McCain is the only reason we have a chance of winning this - more democrats would vote for him who dislike BO.
They feel safer with him.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know we have to pray that this country doesn't fall into the hands of far left power -
I'll keep praying that people will get a clue as to how far left this is all going to go if he's voted in & dems. gain more seats in the senate.
Dangerous times.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

But then you're "settling" and still casting a vote for an evil. I can not in good conscience vote for either Obama or McCain.

Oh allow me. He got it because Republicans are out of touch with what it means to actually be a Republican.

By the time it got to my state, he already won, so I didn't get to vote here. But I still say this, if it was Huckabee or even Fred Thompson, there wouldn't be ANY hope for either in this election.
I still believe McCain is the only reason we have a chance of winning this - more democrats would vote for him who dislike BO.
They feel safer with him.

Of course they feel safe with him. He's crossed party lines to work with the Dems so often, they probably consider him one of their own. And when Obama wins, watch how many times McCain crosses the aisle again.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know we have to pray that this country doesn't fall into the hands of far left power -
I'll keep praying that people will get a clue as to how far left this is all going to go if he's voted in & dems. gain more seats in the senate.
Dangerous times.

I think it's time people stop settling for either Republican or Democrat and vote outside of their party. If enough people vote for a third party candidate, to the point where it has a noticeable effect on the election, both parties would have to take notice that people aren't just going to vote for whoever they put before us, because we are either a Democrat or a Republican.

Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1) McCain was actually the Republicans best shot at winning this year because he can woo independents and even some liberals, because of his maverick image. Fact is, whoever the Democrat running for President is, they should be up by near double digits right now. Because the incumbent party is having a hard time right now with the economy and other issues. It's amazing it's as close as it is. For historical precedent, see Hebert Hoover and his loss to FDR and Jimmy Carters loss to Reagan. Generally in these types of situations the party in control loses big.

2) McCain is a conservative. Not a moderate. I would not call him evil.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But then you're "settling" and still casting a vote for an evil. I can not in good conscience vote for either Obama or McCain.

Well first off, define what "evil" he is... he's against abortion and gay marriage last I heard from the debates.
That rules out the moral 'evils' that would keep me from voting for Obama right there (abortion first& foremost) -
to not vote for the one upholding LIFE to me is the evil when the other has such a high possibility of being elected.
Then I haven't done ANYTHING to keep him out of power. (nevermind the electing of liberal supreme judges who equally support gay marriage/abortion etc.).

Oh allow me. He got it because Republicans are out of touch with what it means to actually be a Republican.
agreed - I heard Rush Limbaugh say the same

Of course they feel safe with him. He's crossed party lines to work with the Dems so often, they probably consider him one of their own. And when Obama wins, watch how many times McCain crosses the aisle again.
I'm not 100% against crossing party lines to get something done - it just depends on what it is.

At this rate, it's been MORE harmful to have a stalemate gridlock where absolutely nothing is getting done at all.

I think it's time people stop settling for either Republican or Democrat and vote outside of their party. If enough people vote for a third party candidate, to the point where it has a noticeable effect on the election, both parties would have to take notice that people aren't just going to vote for whoever they put before us, because we are either a Democrat or a Republican
When one worth voting comes along, I hope so too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well first off, define what "evil" he is... he's against abortion and gay marriage last I heard from the debates.

Yeah, while he supports Prop. 8, it seems he would be comfortable with a homosexual president and he wants to leave gay marriage to the states. Which is it? Marriage is either "one man and one woman" or the states can decide what a marriage is.

That rules out the moral 'evils' that would keep me from voting for Obama right there (abortion first& foremost) -
to not vote for the one upholding LIFE to me is the evil when the other has such a high possibility of being elected.

Look beyond the abortion issue to the whole life issue. John McCain also supports federal funding for continued embryonic stem cell research.

Supports fetal tissue research; against over-intensity

McCain was asked how he could be anti-abortion and still vote to support fetal tissue research. He supports fetal-tissue research, McCain said, because it has helped make progress against Parkinson’s disease. McCain concluded that abortion rights and anti-abortion activists should cooperate on issues of foster care and adoption. He had made his decision on abortion, he said, “after a lot of study, consultation, and a lot of prayer.” He added, “I’d like to have less intensity on this issue.”
Source: Boston Globe, p. A11 Jan 22, 2000

Abortions are okay if a woman is raped, but he's against testing for rape. I guess we just take the woman's word for it?

Abortion OK if raped; and no testing for rape

McCain was asked whether he would reinstate the Reagan era rule that prevents international family planning clinics that receive federal funds from discussing abortion. “I don’t believe they should advocate abortion with my tax dollars,” McCain said, adding that he opposed abortion except in cases of rape and incest. He was then asked how he would determine whether someone had in fact been raped. McCain responded, “I think that I would give the benefit of the doubt to the person who alleges that.”
Source: New York Times, p. A17 Jan 25, 2000
Then I haven't done ANYTHING to keep him out of power. (nevermind the electing of liberal supreme judges who equally support gay marriage/abortion etc.).

Well, McCain won't take any action to repeal Roe v. Wade so don't count on a huge victory for the pro-life crowd with him in office.

Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it

McCain said, “I’d love to see a point where Roe vs. Wade is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.” A spokesman said that McCain “has a 17-year voting record of supporting efforts to overturn Roe vs. Wade. He does that currently, and will continue to do that as president.”
Source: Ron Fournier, Associated Press Aug 24, 1999

Seems there's a bit of misunderstanding between McCain and his spokesman.

I'm not 100% against crossing party lines to get something done - it just depends on what it is.

At this rate, it's been MORE harmful to have a stalemate gridlock where absolutely nothing is getting done at all.

I was taught in high school that that's actually how the founders designed the government to work. It's supposed to gridlock. Their thinking supposedly was that if it's gridlocked at the federal level, that leaves the states free to govern as they see fit. They didn't want the federal government ever having the kind of power over the states that they do now.

I think it's time people stop settling for either Republican or Democrat and vote outside of their party. If enough people vote for a third party candidate, to the point where it has a noticeable effect on the election, both parties would have to take notice that people aren't just going to vote for whoever they put before us, because we are either a Democrat or a Republican
When one worth voting comes along, I hope so too.

So Bob Barr's not an option?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Somebody needs to find some way to make the 3rd party more noticeable.
We're not even told who the other parties are much less what their agendas are.

how do we change this? Who's in charge of it?

If Barr wants to get into office, maybe he should campaign or something?

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think we have a chance :)
Gideon could have said the same thing - so could Elijah & many more where numbers looked overwhelming.

Polls now show the race is tightening up.

I'll pray & continue to. =0)

Upvote 0