Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Gideon could have said the same thing - so could Elijah & many more where numbers looked overwhelming.

Polls now show the race is tightening up.

I'll pray & continue to. =0)

good, but in that case its not John McCain that is giving us a chance. :)

Upvote 0

Angel4Truth

Legend
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟65,490.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today I've come to the conclusion that Obama is certain to win this race. Difficult as it is to admit, it is nearly certain, unless something catastrophic happens.

Here's why.

1) The polls have all been showing high upswings for Obama. This morning a new Zogby poll shows Obama leading McCain 51% - 42%. Most polls have shown these tendencies. According to Real Clear Politics right now even if McCain won all the swing states he'd come up short to Obama. Now the talk for some is not if Obama will win, but how big will he win?

2) The economy. The race was very close until the bank collapses. At this point, swing voters clearly had enough of Republicans in high office, and want the Democrats in. People are afraid and they are voting emotionally.

3) McCain is showing weakness in states that traditionally vote Republican. Most of the swing states, including mine is leaning towards Obama.

4) The enthusiasm gap. Have you noticed how all the talk on the right is about Obama? How much is about McCain? Republicans have become reactionary. Contrast this with when Bush ran both times. Republicans believed in and supported Bush. There is not much enthusiasm for McCain, in fact, much of it is manufactured enthusiasm out of fear of what an Obama presidency will mean. This is what it was like in the'90s when the obsession was with stopping Clinton. The Republicans were the anti-Clinton party. It was all about stopping Clinton, it was not about the Republican candidate, Dole who was a mediocre choice.

I think thoughts like this is what they want. It demoralizes the republicans and makes many (independants as well) think they might as well stay home since they cant win.

MCain can win - if people get out and vote. The polls had kerry winning- he didnt - the polls said it was a done deal many times when clinton kept winning till the end.

Dont listen to the polls - there can be fraud there just like voter fraud - people get out and vote and pray Gods perfect will be done.

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
good, but in that case its not John McCain that is giving us a chance. :)
well let's just all throw up our hands and claim defeat
2 wks before anything is set to occur ---
things look challenging, so lets all just give up in discouragement

:) :thumbsup:

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think thoughts like this is what they want. It demoralizes the republicans and makes many (independants as well) think they might as well stay home since they cant win.

MCain can win - if people get out and vote. The polls had kerry winning- he didnt - the polls said it was a done deal many times when clinton kept winning till the end.

Dont listen to the polls - there can be fraud there just like voter fraud - people get out and vote and pray Gods perfect will be done.
Exactly

I don't give into defeatism - it should be against a Christian's nature
IF they actually believe God is all powerful and can do anything
and performed the miracles we see in our Bible's.

Is God's arm too short?

If this is how easy we give up, then my gosh, how poor an army
we've become

With that said, maybe God DOES want BO to win -
since He hasn't shown me that on any secret scrolls, I'll continue praying
for McCain and against BO

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you think Bob Barr has a snowball's chance to win this election right now?

:o

No, I don't think Barr will win. But keep in mind my rationale for voting outside my party, which is Reform so I don't know if I actually have the right icon showing. My point in voting for somebody who is neither Republican or Democrat is to send a message. Kinda like a horse head in the bed. LOL Let both parties know that people are sick and tired of voting for candidates simply because we're registered as one or the other. It's time to send the message that a strict two-party system isn't what the people want anymore. We want choices! Why do I have to get just french fries or onion rings with my cheeseburger? What if I want tater tots or a salad? Can I not have tater tots or a salad in the land of opportunity? Give me tots or give me death.*steps down from soap box and heads to the bar for some Bushmills* hehehehe

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Exactly

I don't give into defeatism - it should be against a Christian's nature
IF they actually believe God is all powerful and can do anything
and performed the miracles we see in our Bible's.

Is God's arm too short?

If this is how easy we give up, then my gosh, how poor an army
we've become

With that said, maybe God DOES want BO to win -
since He hasn't shown me that on any secret scrolls, I'll continue praying
for McCain and against BO

It aint ovah till it's ovah...:thumbsup:

God's will be done...:amen:

It's obvious someone wants Obama to win...where in the "world" is he getting ALL this money...the shear shock and awe of his campaign must be setting some kinda record...:eek:

I voted today...:)

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I don't think Barr will win. But keep in mind my rationale for voting outside my party, which is Reform so I don't know if I actually have the right icon showing. My point in voting for somebody who is neither Republican or Democrat is to send a message. Kinda like a horse head in the bed. LOL Let both parties know that people are sick and tired of voting for candidates simply because we're registered as one or the other. It's time to send the message that a strict two-party system isn't what the people want anymore. We want choices! Why do I have to get just french fries or onion rings with my cheeseburger? What if I want tater tots or a salad? Can I not have tater tots or a salad in the land of opportunity? Give me tots or give me death.*steps down from soap box and heads to the bar for some Bushmills* hehehehe
it does send a message -

but only when enough people do it (hint: not this election)

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
it does send a message -

but only when enough people do it (hint: not this election)

Wait a minute. I thought you didn't buy into defeatism. As long as people believe that the third party won't get enough votes this election, so they might as well vote Republican or Democrat, things will never change. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. There is one last option, but it's a risky one. I believe it was William Bennet who urged Republicans not to vote in this election and then in four years vote for Ronald Reagan's successor. The problem with this is, there's no guarantee that a true successor to Reagan will be found within 4 years. I mean they haven't found one yet, so I guess in 3 years one will just fall out of the sky or be delivered by the stork. I'm screwed in this election and the government won't even be gentlemanly and send me flowers!!! LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wait a minute. I thought you didn't buy into defeatism. As long as people believe that the third party won't get enough votes this election, so they might as well vote Republican or Democrat, things will never change. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. There is one last option, but it's a risky one. I believe it was William Bennet who urged Republicans not to vote in this election and then in four years vote for Ronald Reagan's successor. The problem with this is, there's no guarantee that a true successor to Reagan will be found within 4 years. I mean they haven't found one yet, so I guess in 3 years one will just fall out of the sky or be delivered by the stork. I'm screwed in this election.
Sending a message and defeatism aren't exactly the same thing.

I'm not claiming defeat - God will just have to use others to do the mission if it will get done at all.

If we're God's "hands and feet" on the earth, then He will use us or whoever else He has to in order to accomplish His will.

I consider that we're all "screwed" in this election, however we DO have Palin who is a Christian and being slammed by the left.
I'd like to think God can use her in the VP office if McCain is a total loser.

Who knows, I won't limit God tho.

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The voter fraud is actually registration fraud. Huge difference. Those fake registrations will never get to vote. Unless they issue Mickey Mouse some form of id!

Sorry but you are wrong. It was reported last week that Ohio had something like 200,000 early votes that are suspected fruadlant, so what does the Supreme court say, "Ah thats ok; you don't have to get it corrected" :doh:

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/31957174.html

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah, so the plan is to somehow get Palin into office... well we've done that before with desirable VPs.
I didn't say that either - I'm simply pointing to the better choice which actually carries a Christian of the 2 (or 3)

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am no where near giving this election to Obama. Has anyone heard of the Bradley effect?;)

We do have to get out and vote. We can't assume that anyone is winning yet and deter us from voting. I think that is what the Obama camp wants us to think.:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Polls don't elect people. The media doesn't either. I think main stream Americans will shock the liberals around the country including the pollsters and media pundits when McCain/Palin are elected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find a lot more important things in my life to worry about than Obama as President. Of course I'm voting for McCain, and I hope he wins, but there are so many more important things going on that it's way down on the list.
That's fine by me - but if an all left govt. runs this nation without any checks & balances, you might find politics alot more important in your life in several aspects.
I try to not to worry about it - I keep reminding myself that God is in control and His will might be to turn this country completely liberal and get this over with sooner to push world events where they need to go.

Nothing I'll enjoy watching

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Polls don't elect people. The media doesn't either. I think main stream Americans will shock the liberals around the country including the pollsters and media pundits when McCain/Palin are elected.
I hope you're right, we'll all find out soon enough

Upvote 0