Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The 2nd Law permits life to exist and evolve. It doesn't require life to exist and evolve anywhere.
But I think the point is that the Second Law would prevent life from occurring naturally.

If it permits life to exist, then that life that it is permitting to exist got started outside of thermodynamics.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You are free to reject any science that doesn't agree with your twisted interpretation, when you do so though you are no longer able to claim that "science agrees 100%", it's that simple.

Weak reply which shows the bankrupt nature of Godless Evolution. Try to do better.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So?

Day-time surface temperatures here are high enough to melt ice!

Considering that complex life (as we know it) consists out of water for the most part, I think it's safe to say that such life won't be thriving all too well in an environment that is hot enough to melt lead.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's obvious that you do not understand the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Read the following if you want to know why:

CF001: Second Law of Thermodynamics

I guess I'm not the first one to think of that huh?
Ok so if disorder can lead to order then maybe you give some examples of it. I can't think of any offhand.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically, anyone that seriously uses it is unknowingly showing the world that they have no idea how thermodynamics work.

That's a little funny because...that's sorta what I do at work, lol. Perhaps a better rendition of the question would be, Basically, anyone that seriously uses it is unknowingly showing the world that they have little understanding how atheists think?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Considering that complex life (as we know it) consists out of water for the most part, I think it's safe to say that such life won't be thriving all too well in an environment that is hot enough to melt lead.
I take it you never saw the episode, The Devil in the Dark on Star Trek?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You all are not taking into account everything. ;)
Educatees can't think outside the box.

They can only harp about what they can see in a telescope or microscope and draw on paper, and refuse to admit there's a much, Much, MUCH larger spiritual realm in operation.

Acts 23:8a For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit:

• Winner
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Educatees can't think outside the box.

They can only harp about what they can see in a telescope or microscope and draw on paper, and refuse to admit there's a much, Much, MUCH larger spiritual realm in operation.

Have to disagree with you there...I am a student but I do know there is something big out there. But I am not sure what it is.
Interesting verse in your signature too btw

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps a better rendition of the question would be, Basically, anyone that seriously uses it is unknowingly showing the world that they have little understanding how atheists think?

No, that makes little sense I'm afraid.

That's a little funny because...that's sorta what I do at work, lol.

Given your expertise on the subject, I'd be interested to see your take on why the 2nd LOT is a problem for us "scientificologists".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have to disagree with you there...I am a student but I do know there is something big out there. But I am not sure what it is.
Have you asked your secular guides what it is?

If so, did you get a mini lecture on how they don't think that way?

And just out of curiosity, what are you a student of?
MissRowy said:
Interesting verse in your signature too btw
Which one?

My signature or [new] tagline?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Weak reply which shows the bankrupt nature of Godless Evolution. Try to do better.

At least I addressed your post. Childish name calling doesn't exactly help your case. I'll say it again though.... science does not agree 100% with your interpretation of Genesis.

Maybe if you said that....

"Science, that I can accept because it doesn't conflict with my interpretation of scripture, 100% agrees with my interpretation of scripture"

It would be more accurate, but I expect even you can see how ridiculous a statement that is.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll say it again though.... science does not agree 100% with your interpretation of Genesis.
I have a feeling that if scientists met Jesus today, one of their first questions to Him would be:

What planet are you from?

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess I'm not the first one to think of that huh?
Ok so if disorder can lead to order then maybe you give some examples of it. I can't think of any offhand.

Yes your argument is a well know PRATT (Point refuted a thousand times) so just let it go.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟245,975.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually it is an assumption to say that it is evolution that causes biological life to move from disorder to order or simple to complex as far as the 2nd LOT. I think that it is more associated with design if anything. There are mechanism that are more directed and already a part of living things that allow them to become more ordered and complex. If anything Natural selection is a threat to more ordered and complex networks. There is support for showing that Neo- Darwinan evolution causes a deterioration of the genome especially in humans with the accumulation of slightly deleterous mutations.

Plus I think an open system can still be subject to entropy.

"The second law is only valid in closed systems with no external sources of energy. Since the Earth receives continual energy from the Sun, the second law does not apply". (see: http://biologos.org/common-questions/scientific-evidence/evolution-and-the-second-law2 ) This is statement is incorrect, and needs adjustment.

The 2nd Law captures the fundamental property of physical reality that the disorder of a system increases if the sum of all energy flows that pass its boundaries is zero. It is evident that this sum is zero for a closed system. However, the sum is also zero if the energy flows that enter an open system are equal to the energy flows that leave it! Notice that all physical systems are open. Closed systems only exist in theory.

Illustration: Let Earth2 be identical to our Earth, except the presence of living organisms. Move Earth2 from a dark place in the universe into the light of the Sun. Draw an imaginary sphere around Earth2 with a radius of 100,000 kilometers. Measure the energy flows entering or leaving this sphere. Initially, the sum of the energy flows that enter the sphere will be greater than the sum of the energy flows leaving it, because Earth2 is warming up. After some time equilibrium will be reached and on average the sum of all energy flows that pass the sphere around Earth2 will be zero. According to the 2nd Law, the disorder on Earth2 will increase. Complex molecules that are produced from simple molecules by natural processes as lightning, wind, rain, heating, cooling, radiation, tectonic forces, etcetera, will fall apart sooner or later; the larger the molecules that are formed, the sooner.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics also holds for open systems

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a feeling that if scientists met Jesus today, one of their first questions to Him would be:

What planet are you from?

I have a feeling that a lot of the things you write down, are made up on the spot and then just posted without much thought.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.