usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If we knew the end from the beginning as He does and could see the Divine purpose of this earth being under satans control as long it has, we would fall on our faces, thanking Him for the suffering we have endured in this great controversy.
What is happening here is being observed by the rest of God's creation throughout the universe, from the moment Eve ate of the fruit to the pain, suffering, death and destruction that comes as a result of sin. We will the be living oracles of God's Love throughout eternity so that sin could not rise again.
It was for not obeying God's commands

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If God is in control, why after ions of time, has He not taken control of Satan and stopped the ongoing torture of the human race? Would not a truly loving God have dealt with this evil long,long ago?
Then why are you claiming to be his servant via membership in one of his denominations?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Interesting question....You already know that science cannot prove the existence of the spirit world...
As Jesus said my friend...You cannot see the wind but you can see what it does...You cannot see demons but you can see what they do. Selah
That's where the atheist ability to infer suddenly breaks down.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you read Deut. 32 & Psalm 82 they both imply that the nations were put under the supervision of created beings, lower case gods. Still only one YHWH. And yes they were not to be worshipped. You can guess what happened. Gods responce is in Psalm 82 also. This is the thesis of Dr. Micheal Hieser. And the subject of two of his books. Excuse my spelling atrocities. Have a good one.
Placed under their control but not to be worshiped? Quite a conundrum there since obviously doing that would lead ignorant, deceived, weaker humans to worship out of sheer superstition or fear. What a veritable, illogical, stinking mess!

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"And the archons took him and placed him in paradise. And they said to him, 'Eat, that is at leisure,' for their luxury is bitter and their beauty is depraved. And their luxury is deception and their trees are godlessness and their fruit is deadly poison and their promise is death. And the tree of their life they had placed in the midst of paradise.

"And I shall teach you (pl.) what is the mystery of their life, which is the plan which they made together, which is the likeness of their spirit. The root of this (tree) is bitter and its branches are death, its shadow is hate and deception is in its leaves, and its blossom is the ointment of evil, and its fruit is death and desire is its seed, and it sprouts in darkness. The dwelling place of those who taste from it is Hades, and the darkness is their place of rest.

"But what they call the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which is the Epinoia of the light, they stayed in front of it in order that he (Adam) might not look up to his fullness and recognize the nakedness of his shamefulness. But it was I who brought about that they ate."

And to I said to the savior, "Lord, was it not the serpent that taught Adam to eat?" The savior smiled and said, "The serpent taught them to eat from wickedness of begetting, lust, (and) destruction, that he (Adam) might be useful to him. And he (Adam) knew that he was disobedient to him (the chief archon) due to light of the Epinoia which is in him, which made him more correct in his thinking than the chief archon. And (the latter) wanted to bring about the power which he himself had given him. And he brought a forgetfulness over Adam."- Secret John

The world came about through a mistake. For he who created it wanted to create it imperishable and immortal. He fell short of attaining his desire. For the world never was imperishable, nor, for that matter, was he who made the world. For things are not imperishable, but sons are. Nothing will be able to receive imperishability if it does not first become a son. But he who has not the ability to receive, how much more will he be unable to give?- Gospel of Philip

Tell me something. Where was God when Vlad the Impaler was impaling people and having them suffer days without dying as he smiled with pleasure? Weren't those people pleading for his help? I mean. if I had power to help those people and didn't raise a finger I would be accused as cooperating. If I claimed to be loving and merciful, people would laugh in my face. If I were to imitate God I would need to turn away in profound silence from people asking me for help. I would need to inflict aging sickness and death while I remain vibrant healthy young as always and immortal because they didn't do as I said or else to prove a point.
You know, that I deserve to tell them what to do.

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Did Jesus use violence to achieve His ends? Nope! And He defeated death, sin and all the heathen powers liike Vlad by His resurrection. Vlad thought he had absoute power by takeing those lives. He was sadly mistaken. Death had no power over those who were Christs as when He restores Eden they will reign as priests. Forever. Its a matter of loyalty.

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
When God left the nations under lesser controll they were to represent Him first and formost. Then He chose Abram to begin a nation to live with and show His intended will. He did srate that through this nation all humanity would be redeemed.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have extreme difficulty taking commands from someone who doesn't apply them to himself.

That doesn't make much practical sense.

When I was active duty military, I might well have been given an order that my commander did not apply to himself. I gave orders that I did not apply to myself. Happens all the time--it's supposed to happen that. Leaders have other work to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sparow

Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟481,862.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why do you want scientific evidence for something that is by nature beyond all of that?

Do you have pictures or documentation of God's existence?

This is interesting and possibly off topic but what form does God's existence take; is God a part of the physical realm; how many other forms of existence in addition to the physical are there? Many things exist only in the human mind; for example, thought, has no physical existence can we say thought does not exist; how does the existence of God differ from the existence of thought. I expect better men than me have takled this.

Upvote 0

daniel_B_0506

Jan 3, 2018
Dubuque
✟15,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not so fast. There were 3 angels (one of which turned out to be a theophany) that visited Abraham in Gen 18. The other 2 went on to visit Lot in Sodom and then called down fire to destroy the city. James says to be hospitable to strangers as we may be hosting "angels unawares."

That seems pretty visible and corporeal to me.
"Unaware" invisible is implied. If we saw them for what the were they would indeed be visible. It's more complicated than that

Upvote 0