why must I post here when I am a believer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHeart

Evil Christian™
May 20, 2002
Visit site
✟684.00
Faith
Christian
Athanasian Creed said:
The answer is simple - according to the core tenets of Biblical Christian faith you ARE a non-Christian. Sorry to put it so bluntly but that is fact. ;) If you do not believe the Nicene Creed which states, contrary to JW doctrine, that God is Triune in nature (One God=3 distinct Divine Persons) AND that Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, is the Almighty God as stated in John 1:1, not A god as in the New World Translation of JW's. In truth, JW's are henotheists, not monotheists as Christians are, meaning they believe in a Supreme God (Jehovah) and a subordinate or lesser deity (god) Jesus.

For help in distinguishing TRUE Biblical Christianity, a good place to start would be:
http://www.bible.ca/jw.htm

Also, an excellent ex-JW's site is:
http://www.watchman.org/jwtools.htm

May God help you James to distinguish Truth from the multitude of falsehood which masquerades as "Christianity" Remember, Jesus said He was the Truth and that Truth was also found only in His Word.;)

Ray:wave:

Hi Ray :wave: The reason is because you don't believe in Christ being one with the Father and you don't believe Christ is God, its a Christian forum after all.

Upvote 0

JW youth

Apr 14, 2004
Sydney
✟363.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
WhiteHeart said:
Hi Ray :wave: The reason is because you don't believe in Christ being one with the Father and you don't believe Christ is God, its a Christian forum after all.
:clap: You responded to a responce in your responce.....:D I think it is important to note what the original thread was and stick to it,:| rather than responding to a responder as your responce...:D I hope you read this respone as My name is James the original thread starter

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
As a Quaker I have developed my own beliefs, and I do not see the Jehovah's witnesses as a seperate entity from Christianity. If you accept Jesus as your means of salvation, and truly attempt to follow God's will in each action every day then you are a christian. Everything else is dross.

Upvote 0

WhiteHeart

Evil Christian™
May 20, 2002
Visit site
✟684.00
Faith
Christian
JW youth said:
:clap: You responded to a responce in your responce.....:D I think it is important to note what the original thread was and stick to it,:| rather than responding to a responder as your responce... I hope you read this respone as My name is James the original thread starter

Well ok then James. I quoted somebody, and I don't think it was you, but whatever.

Ok, well in a nutshell you deny the deity of Christ being equal and one with the father, and some sketchy stuff about Michael and Christ being the same, whatever it is, simply you deny the nicene creed, which is the basis for being considered Christian on this forum, I personally have JW friends and their reverence for the Lord is admirable, and as long as you believe Jesus is the God in which you obtain salvation, well then I cannot judge, and its not really a debate forum, I don't accept the doctrine of the JW's, but I love talking with my JW friends, they are humble and honest and on the rare occasion they cannot answer a question, they admit it.

The thing is, is that JW seem to confuse the issue of Christs deity and oneness with Jehovah, thats my experience anyway, and if I get time, Ill debate you one day, but beware I have the Reasoning from the scriptures book and a comprehensive concordance, and Im totally unreasonable, j/k. ;)

:wave:

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
JW youth said:
I feel shut out, I am not a non believer but one who LOVES Jehovah, and yet I am judged and relegated to a non christian area. It adds to the mixed feelings and it is a struggle in itself. I can't help that.

James

James,​

I feel shut out,

Many people have tried to explain to you what the rules are for this site and why, if you don't believe in the guidelines, you may not post freely on this site.​

I am not a non believer but one who LOVES Jehovah,

and who is Jehovah? For you, Jehovah is God, separate from Jesus Christ, and for mainstream christianity, Jehovah of the Old Testament IS the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ. You may profess all the love of God that you want, but it won't save you, nor does it make you a Christian.​

and yet I am judged and relegated to a non christian area.

Again, professing a love of God doesn't save you, nor does it make you a Christian. So, what is a Christian? I refer you back to my posting concerning the "Christ of Calvary". I refer you to my posting where I asked you if you believed in the doctrine of the trinity.​

It adds to the mixed feelings and it is a struggle in itself. I can't help that.

I would encourage you to continue posting in the "struggles by non-Christians" and in the "questions in Christianity" forums. You have rejected all of the information that has been given to you with the profession that​

"you love God"​

That just isn't enough and it isn't a measurement of Christianity.​

Being a Christian isn't about loving "God", but about being reconciled TO God through Jesus Christ. Only God can forgive sins, James, and only through the forgiveness of sins by Christ, will you be saved. Jesus Christ IS God.​

~serapha~​

Upvote 0

Tawhano

Northland Highwayman
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟48,938.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JW youth said:
I feel shut out, I am not a non believer but one who LOVES Jehovah, and yet I am judged and relegated to a non christian area. It adds to the mixed feelings and it is a struggle in itself. I can't help that.
When you first came to this forum surly you must have read the rules then? If you were offended by the rules then why do you stay here if it makes you feel shut out? If you wish to debate whether or not you are a Christian then the place to do so would be in Open Discussion & Debate > Unorthodox Theological Doctrines forum not here. There are many such debates going on now. Your posting here appears to be flaunting the rules because you are angry this forum does not recognize your religion as Christian.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
JW youth said:
I agree, and when we are born we have no choice until we reach some maturity where we mat worship and whether The Bible has been taken out of context. All my life I will never reach a full conclusion but it is a journey I look forward to with great anticipation and JOY as Jehovah God reveals my path and journey.

I just pray that man and my mind doesn't get in the way

When we realise this and rest in His promises I think our own internals battles will begin to cease.

James
JW youth,

The one thing I would encourage you on is to not rely totally on what the New World Translation, or it's accompanying booklet the Watchtower alone, define for you what scripture means. While there are many good things about the Jehovaha's Witnesses, It is pretty common knowledge that the New World translators did not know Greek and in many place totally changed what the scripture says. I would encourage you to get Greek and Hebrew translations and do the homework for yourself and you will see for yourself where the errors are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Athanasian Creed

Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Solus Christus !!!
Aug 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
✟18,484.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think after reading various other posts from James, that after studying the true Scriptures (as opposed to the JW's NWT (per)version) he is beginning to see and understand Christ's true nature as the God-Man and that God is a triune Being. :clap: :pray:

If this is so, he can ask Christ for forgiveness in believing false doctrine/heresies and can also ask God's Holy Spirit to continue to lead him into all truth as revealed in God's "true" Word. Then he could begin to post within "Christian only" forums as a CHRISTIAN. ;)

Ray :wave:

Upvote 0

JW youth

Apr 14, 2004
Sydney
✟363.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Athanasian Creed said:
I think after reading various other posts from James, that after studying the true Scriptures (as opposed to the JW's NWT (per)version) he is beginning to see and understand Christ's true nature as the God-Man and that God is a triune Being. :clap: :pray:

If this is so, he can ask Christ for forgiveness in believing false doctrine/heresies and can also ask God's Holy Spirit to continue to lead him into all truth as revealed in God's "true" Word. Then he could begin to post within "Christian only" forums as a CHRISTIAN. ;)

Ray :wave:
Through Jesus Christ I have asked for forgiveness for living among teachers prepared to give false doctrine and ask for guidance from The Holy Spirit.
I truely hope that He knows me and that the truth will be revealed not by calling myself non denominational, for I feel that even those that proclaim to be non denominational have their beliefs and limitations on what to accept from The Bible. I would love to be declared CHRISTIAN openly first by Jehovah God and then by man and pray that my life echoes all that The Bible has taught me and will be able to help others.

Thank you for your post

James

Upvote 0

Vessel Of Mercy

May 10, 2004
Topeka, KS
✟15,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James,

Wow, after reading what you have posted, my prayer and hope for you is that you can know God through the only Mediator, His Son, Jesus Christ. Jehova is truly a triune God, three persons, one essence. Three in One, One in Three. It is quite necessary to our salvation that Christ is God, He could not have saved all His people as a mere man. Rather, Jesus is fully God and fully man. I pray that you would both take my word for it, as I see it to be an accurate representation of the wide range of content in the Scriptures, but most of all, read the Bible, particularly those passages that deal with Christ's deity and accept them as Jehovah's truth! I am overjoyed that you are perhaps considering these things and would like to propose that you read some of the articles on this site:
http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/topic/justification.html
They all deal with our justification before God by faith alone, which is a clear New Testament teaching. Our works are evidence of our salvation and we desire to do them because we love God, but they do not justify us to Him. Rather, Christ's perfect righteousness justifies us to Him! What other sacrifice is there for our sins but Jesus? Our works apart from being regenerated (born again) in Christ are as filthy rags to God. We must rest in Christ alone. I pray that God would lead you to do this, friend!

May Jehovah bless you, James,
Ben

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.