UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What Relationship does the modern, multi-ethnic, secular, democratic nation state of Israel have to the ancient, Hebrew, theocracic Israel of Hosea 2?

Can you demonstrate ANY connection besides geography and name?
Is it the dirt, or the map, that Calls God "My God" or is it the people?

If it's the people, then:

Is there a demonstrable, provable, political connection?
-How is the Modern, Secular, Democratic, Government Related to the Ancient Theocratic Government?

Is there a demonstrable, provable, religious connection?
-How is the Modern Secularist, Christian, Muslim and Talmudic Jewish Israeli citizenry religiously connected to the Ancient Mosaic Hebrew Citizenry?

Is there a demonstrable, provable, genetic connection?
-How is the Modern, Multi-ethnic, Secular, Christian, Muslim and Talmudic Jewish Israeli citizenry genetically connected to the Ancient Mosaic Hebrew Citizenry?

Can you demonstrate ANY connection between these two separate, distinct entities?
Hello @parousia70,

I believe that it is the Israel to which Paul referred in Romans 11:29 (see reply#79).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello @parousia70,

I believe that it is the Israel to which Paul referred in Romans 11:29 (see reply#79).

So, you agree that you in fact can't demonstrate ANY connection between the two seperate distinct entities of Ancient Hebrew Theocratic Israel and Modern, multi-ethnic Secular, democratic Israel.

Do I have that right?

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, you agree that you in fact can't demonstrate ANY connection between the two seperate distinct entities of Ancient Hebrew Theocratic Israel and Modern, multi-ethnic Secular, democratic Israel.

Do I have that right?
Hello @parousia70,

I have not even tried, for there is no need to. The Biblical record is sufficient.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @parousia70,

It is sufficient to fulfil God's purpose.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

What did the Apostle Paul say below about using "genealogies" in our faith?

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

The Israel of God is found in the verse below and we are a part of His Body.
(See also Matthew 1:1, and Galatians 3:16.)

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

There is no Plan B of salvation outside of the New Covenant Church found in the New Testament. The only path to salvation for any person on this planet is found below.

New Covenant Whole Gospel:

Let us now share the Old Testament Gospel found below with the whole world. On the road to Emmaus He said the Old Testament is about Him.

He is the very Word of God in John 1:1, 14.

Awaken Church to this truth.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by

husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Is the most important genealogy in the Bible found in Matthew 1:1 (Gal. 3:16)? Is God's Son the ultimate fulfillment of Israel (John 1:49)? Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews? Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them? Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15? Who is the "son" in Psalm 2? Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53? Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed? Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, man-made Bible doctrines fall apart.

Let us now learn to preach the whole Gospel until He comes back. The King of Israel is risen from the dead! (John 1:49, Acts 2:36)

Watch the YouTube video “The New Covenant” by Bob George.

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

There is no Plan B of salvation outside of the New Covenant Church found in the New Testament. The only path to salvation for any person on this planet is found below.

New Covenant Whole Gospel:

Let us now share the Old Testament Gospel found below with the whole world. On the road to Emmaus He said the Old Testament is about Him.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by

husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Is the most important genealogy in the Bible found in Matthew 1:1 (Gal. 3:16)? Is God's Son the ultimate fulfillment of Israel (John 1:49)? Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews? Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them? Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15? Who is the "son" in Psalm 2? Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53? Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed? Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, man-made Bible doctrines fall apart.

Let us now learn to preach the whole Gospel until He comes back. The King of Israel is risen from the dead! (John 1:49, Acts 2:36)

Watch the YouTube video “The New Covenant” by Bob George.

And 1 Tim 1:4 reads like this , Nor to give attention to Fables , and Endless Genealogies , which cause questionings , rather than GOD'S DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA the one by FAITH .

The word EDIFYING is not in the Greek text , it is the Greek word OIKOMONIA '

Second we as Grace believers are PART OF CHRIST BODY and have nothing to do with the NEW COVENANT .

We are NOT the BRIDE OF CHRIST , PERIOD !!

dan p

• Agree
Reactions: readywriter
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Second we as Grace believers are PART OF CHRIST BODY and have nothing to do with the NEW COVENANT .

We are NOT the BRIDE OF CHRIST , PERIOD !!

Christ is the King of Israel found below.

You say we are part of the King of Israel's Body, but then turn around and claim we cannot be Israel.

Paul revealed the "remnant" of faithful Israel in Romans 11:1, and in Romans 11:5. The Gentile branches were grafted into the same Olive Tree. Only the unbelieving branches of Israel were broken off of the Olive Tree in Romans 11.

Paul disagrees with you in the passage below, which was written to the church at Corinth.

2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
2Co 3:6
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

The New Covenant is specifically applied to the "church" in the passage below. See the "blood" in verse 24.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

• Winner
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You say we are part of the King of Israel's Body, but then turn around and claim we cannot be Israel.

Paul revealed the "remnant" of faithful Israel in Romans 11:1, and in Romans 11:5. The Gentile branches were grafted into the same Olive Tree. Only the unbelieving branches of Israel were broken off of the Olive Tree in Romans 11.

Paul disagrees with you in the passage below, which was written to the church at Corinth.

2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,

The New Covenant is specifically applied to the "church" in the passage below. See the "blood" in verse 24.

Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

And I have NEVER EVER SAID , that we are part ofthe KING of Israel Body and have never seen a verse written like that , period !!

And Heb 8:8 says that saith the Lord I will make a NEW COVENANT with the house of Judah and with the house of Israel , is clear that the B O C is NOT a Covenant people .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Heb 8:8 says that saith the Lord I will make a NEW COVENANT with the house of Judah and with the house of Israel , is clear that the B O C is NOT a Covenant people .

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The very first post mentions Israel being "set aside". But it is not clear whether or not he meant permanently or temporarily. There's now 5 pages of discussion going back and forth without knowing what the actual question really was.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The very first post mentions Israel being "set aside". But it is not clear whether or not he meant permanently or temporarily. There's now 5 pages of discussion going back and forth without knowing what the actual question really was.
And we know that Israel will come back as Rom 11:26 says .

And 2 Cor 3:16 also shows How Jews are saved under Grace , today >

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who is your king?

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is your king?

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
And all people saved by Grace are " in CHRIST " and we are the BODY and Christ is the HEAD , and and we are COMPLETE in Him >

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And all people saved by Grace are " in CHRIST " and we are the BODY and Christ is the HEAD , and and we are COMPLETE in Him >

dan p

Glad you agree that the Church cannot be separated from Israel found below.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(reply#87)

New Covenant Whole Gospel:-

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Is the most important genealogy in the Bible found in Matthew 1:1 (Gal. 3:16)?
Is God's Son the ultimate fulfillment of Israel (John 1:49)?
Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews?
Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them?
Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15?
Who is the "son" in Psalm 2?
Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53?
Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34?
Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed?
Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

Hello again, @BABerean2,

That Israel is now in a Loammi condition is not something that can be denied: they are still in a state of blindness.

'For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved:
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is My covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes:
but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.'

(Rom 11:25-29)

The prophecy that you quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34, is addressed to the house of Israel and the House of Judah, and tells them that God will make a new covenant with them. This has not yet been fulfilled. Though the blood of the new covenant has been shed. It still awaits a future day for it's fulfilment for that nation.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(reply#89)

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi,
thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Hello @BABerean,

The nation of Israel rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, and failed to come to repentance, therefore they are in a state of blindness to this day.

The letter to the Hebrews was written to the believing remnant of Israel, who were indeed overcomers of faith within their generation, and therefore part of 'the general assembly and church of the firstborn', they had tasted of the New Covenant blessings during the Acts period, which was a foretaste of what is to come when the New Covenant is made with the house of Israel and the House of Judah, as prophesied in Jeremiah 31. Had Israel come to repentance then the New Covenant would have come into place, but they did not: so the new covenant and it's blessings is in abeyance at this time.

The ministry of the twelve apostles and also of Paul during his first ministry, was carried out with the repentance of Israel as it's object. They were indeed ministers of the New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Reply#96)
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Hello @BABerean2,

This was addressed to the believing remnant of Israel, who were overcomers in their generation, therefore had the hope of joining the ranks of those, like Abraham in Hebrews 11, whose hope was a city made without hands, who comprise the Bride of the Lamb.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(reply#96)
Glad you agree that the Church cannot be separated from Israel found below.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Hello @BABerean,

Here we see the nucleus of the believing remnant of Israel being called out, through the ministry of the twelve: and those who were called out of the nation of Israel during the ministry of the Lord. Praise God!

These would take the message back with them into the nations of the diaspora, as well as back to the regions of Israel from which they had come to celebrate the feast at Jerusalem.

It was the repentance of Israel which was the goal during this period, and would be throughout the 40 years covered by the book of Acts. For their repentance would result in the return of Christ as promised in (Acts 3:19-21). They would then become priests unto God among the nations, but this will now take place at the end of the age.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0