UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The very first post mentions Israel being "set aside". But it is not clear whether or not he meant permanently or temporarily. There's now 5 pages of discussion going back and forth without knowing what the actual question really was.
'For I would not, brethren,
that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;
that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved:
as it is written, 'There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob':
(Rom 11:25-26)

Hello @EclipseEventSigns,

In Romans 11:29. the believers at Rome were told of Israel's blindness, and why it occurs. The nation of Israel, in the land, had rejected the Lord Jesus Christ as their Messiah and King, as God knew they would; and only a believing remnant were saved by God's grace. Then at Acts 28, the Jews of the diaspora also failed to believe, and went away into the blindness of unbelief, and salvation was sent to the Gentiles (Acts 28:28), for they would hear it.

* This condition is temporary. For all Israel will be saved, as Paul explains to the believing remnant in Romans 11 (above). For Israel has a role to play in the latter day, as Priests unto God among the nations.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The nation of Israel rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, and failed to come to repentance, therefore they are in a state of blindness to this day.

The "remnant" of Israel in Romans 11:1-5 proves the whole nation did not reject their Messiah.

Was all of the nation partially blinded, or were part blinded and another part were not blinded? The answer is found in the "remnant" in the first five verses of the chapter.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'For I would not, brethren,
that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
as it is written, 'There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob':
(Rom 11:25-26)

Hello @EclipseEventSigns,

In Romans 11:29. the believers at Rome were told of Israel's blindness, and why it occurs. The nation of Israel, in the land, had rejected the Lord Jesus Christ as their Messiah and King, as God knew they would; and only a believing remnant were saved by God's grace. Then at Acts 28, the Jews of the diaspora also failed to believe, and went away into the blindness of unbelief, and salvation was sent to the Gentiles (Acts 28:28), for they would hear it.

* This condition is temporary. For all Israel will be saved, as Paul explains to the believing remnant in Romans 11 (above). For Israel has a role to play in the latter day, as Priests unto God among the nations.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I have found that pointing out the errors of others just results in useless arguments. Even if unassailable factual information is included. People just don't want to think they are wrong.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have found that pointing out the errors of others just results in useless arguments. Even if unassailable factual information is included. People just don't want to think they are wrong.
Hello @EclipseEvenSigns,

Thank you for responding to my post.

This is a forum, and a forum is for discussion, so it is inevitable that you will come across those who do not have the same understanding that you yourself have. We can only state what we have come to know, giving the relevant Scriptures, and leave it with the other person to consider them, and respond if he should desire to do so.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "remnant" of Israel in Romans 11:1-5 proves the whole nation did not reject their Messiah.

Was all of the nation partially blinded, or were part blinded and another part were not blinded? The answer is found in the "remnant" in the first five verses of the chapter.
Hello BABerean2,

Yes, you are right, there was a believing remnant that God called out of Israel, but the nation itself did not receive their Messiah. Paul's words in Romans 1-5 & 9-16 was an explanation of that fact, and an assurance to those so called, that Israel as a nation would one day be saved.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello BABerean2,

Yes, you are right, there was a believing remnant that God called out of Israel, but the nation itself did not receive their Messiah. Paul's words in Romans 1-5 & 9-16 was an explanation of that fact, and an assurance to those so called, that Israel as a nation would one day be saved.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Do you claim a whole nation of people are going to be saved, based on geographic boundaries or on their DNA?

Paul reveals below it will not be based on "genealogies".

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello BABerean2,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
That Nation of Israel is set aside permanently, God under the New Covenant manifests another Israel Nation which is Spiritual and is comprised of all ethnic groups Matt 21:42-43

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

This Nation is here 1 Pet 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

This nation consist of born again people 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which of the two Israels found in Romans 9:6-8, and Romans 11:1-5 are you talking about?

Are you talking about Israel of the "flesh", or Israel of the "promise", which is the "remnant" found in Romans 11:5, and also in Romans 9:27

The ultimate fulfillment of Israel is found in Matthew 1:1, as confirmed by Paul in Galatians 3:16.
Christ is both the Son of God and the King of Israel in the verse below.

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Pastor Chuck Baldwin reveals the Counterfeit Israel below:
(2) A Counterfeit Temple; A Counterfeit Israel - Bible Study by Chuck Baldwin on Feb. 1, 2017 - YouTube

Israel of Promise is the Church, the Body of Christ which belongs to Christ, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Christ generates Abraham a Spiritual Seed ! So He made him a Father of many nations Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

• Winner
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you claim a whole nation of people are going to be saved, based on geographic boundaries or on their DNA?

Paul reveals below it will not be based on "genealogies".

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
'For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
as it is written,
'There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is My covenant unto them,
when I shall take away their sins.'

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes:
but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.'
(Rom 11:25-29)

Hello @BABerean2,

I 'claim' nothing. I merely point out what the Scripture says (above). For I believe that God says what He means and means what He says.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That Nation of Israel is set aside permanently, God under the New Covenant manifests another Israel Nation which is Spiritual and is comprised of all ethnic groups Matt 21:42-43

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

This Nation is here 1 Pet 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

This nation consist of born again people 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
'I (Paul) say then, Hath God cast away His People? God forbid.
For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
God hath not cast away His People which He foreknew.

(Romans 11:1-2a)

Hello @Brightfame52,

Paul said the words above, and I believe what he says, for he was, and is, living evidence of the fact that God has not cast away His People Israel. Though they are at present in a Lo-ammi condition, having been laid aside, temporarily, in unbelief.

He also says in Romans 11:25-29 that the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. So, no! Israel has not been laid aside permanently, but temporarily, for God's will for them will yet be fully done as prophesied in His Word., in His time and in His way.

lest ye should, be wise in your own conceits;
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'I (Paul) say then, Hath God cast away His People? God forbid.
For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
God hath not cast away His People which He foreknew.

(Romans 11:1-2a)

Hello @Brightfame52,

Paul said the words above, and I believe what he says, for he was, and is, living evidence of the fact that God has not cast away His People Israel. Though they are at present in a Lo-ammi condition, having been laid aside, temporarily, in unbelief.

He also says in Romans 11:25-29 that the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. So, no! Israel has not been laid aside permanently, but temporarily, for God's will for them will yet be fully done as prophesied in His Word., in His time and in His way.

lest ye should, be wise in your own conceits;
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Doesnt change, Israel will be saved, the Church, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brightfame52,

No, it is the nation of Israel that is referred to in Romans 11:26.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
The Church is that Nation Matt 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

1 Pet 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Ps 33:12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

And in EX 19:6 and in Rev 1:6 , God says that Israel will be KINGS and Priests in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN which is the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM .

The BODY of CHRIST was never promised that at all .

We are to GOVERN the Heaven in 1 COR 6:2 and in verse 3 will GOVERN ANGELS .

Earth and the HEAVENLIES are 2 different places .

dan p

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And in EX 19:6 and in Rev 1:6 , God says that Israel will be KINGS and Priests in the KINGDOM of HEAVEN which is the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM .

dan p
The Body of Christ is Spiritual Israel. All Promises of God are yeah and amen to the Church in union with Christ 2 Cor 1:20

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hello @Brightfame52,

With respect, the Church is not a nation. The nation referred to in Matthew 21:43, is redeemed Israel which will become Priests unto God in the later day.

1 Peter 2:9, is written to the believing remnant of Israel in the diaspora (or among the nations) (1 Peter 1:1-2), they are that holy nation in embryo.

There is only one nation for whom God is the Lord (Psalm 33:12), and that is Israel.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as it is written,
'There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
For this is My covenant unto them,
when I shall take away their sins.'

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.'

Hello @BABerean2,

I 'claim' nothing. I merely point out what the Scripture says (above). For I believe that God says what He means and means what He says.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

And how "so" (In what manner?) will all Israel be saved?
The answer is found in the verses just before Romans 11:26.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

There is no Plan B of salvation outside of the Church found in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

dan p

Who is really teaching “Replacement Theology” ?

(Did God fulfill His promises to the Jewish people at Calvary? Matthew 26:28, John 19:30)

The advocates of modern Dispensational Theology often accuse others of promoting “Replacement Theology”, or some may even say “Antisemitism”. What does the Bible say about their accusations?

1. Who is replacing Christ as the seed of Abraham through which all the families of the Earth would be blessed in Genesis 12:3, with Abraham’s modern descendants? (See Galatians 3:8)

2. Who is replacing the one people of God in John 10:16, with two peoples of God ?

3. Who is replacing the one seed (Christ) in Galatians 3:16, with the many seeds?

4. Who is replacing the children of the promise in Romans 9:8, with the children of the flesh?

5. Who is replacing the faithful “remnant” of Israelites in Romans 11:1-5, with the Baal worshipers?

6. Who is replacing the word "so" in Romans 11:26, with the word "then"?

7. Who is attempting to replace the Church made up of all races of people, with one made up only of Gentiles? Why did Peter address the crowd as “all the house of Israel” in Acts 2:36, when about 3,000 Israelites accepted Christ on the Day of Pentecost?

8. Based on Hebrews 9:15, the New Covenant cannot be separated from the Messiah’s death. Is the covenant in Daniel 9:27 connected to the Messiah’s death in Daniel 9:26. Is the covenant with the “many” in Daniel 9:27 the same covenant with the “many” in Matthew 26:28? If it is, some have replaced the New Covenant in Daniel 9:27 with a future covenant made by an antichrist not found in Daniel chapter 9. (See the 1599 Geneva Bible used by the Pilgrims.)

9. Those promoting the Two Peoples of God doctrine of Dispensational Theology often accuse others of teaching “Replacement Theology”, but are they the masters of it? Are they promoting a form of Dual Covenant Theology based on race? (See “genealogies” in Titus 3:9) Is the most important genealogy in the Bible found in Matthew 1:1? Is God's Son the ultimate fulfillment of Israel? Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews? Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them? Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15? Who is the "son" in Psalm 2? Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53? Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed? Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

10. Watch the YouTube video “Genesis of Dispensational Theology” to see the origin of this man-made doctrine, which is less than 200 years old. It was brought to the United States about the time of the Civil War by John Nelson Darby. The doctrine was later incorporated into the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible, and then spread through much of the modern Church.

Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas Texas was created in part to promote John Darby’s Two Peoples of God doctrine of Dispensational Theology.

Lewis Sperry Chafer, the first president of Dallas Theological, had the following to say about the difference between Israel and the Church:

“The dispensationalist believes that throughout the ages God is pursuing two distinct purposes: one related to the earth with earthly people and earthly objectives involved which is Judaism; while the other is related to heaven with heavenly people and heavenly objectives involved, which is Christianity.”

Lewis Sperry Chafer, Dispensationalism (Dallas, Seminary Press, 1936), p. 107.

Chafer states that, ‘Israel is an eternal nation, heir to an eternal land, with an eternal kingdom, on which David rules from an eternal throne,’ that is, on earth and distinct from the church who will be in heaven.”

Lewis Sperry Chafer. Systematic Theology. 1975. Vol. IV. pp. 315-323.

John Walvoord, another prominent voice of Dallas Theological stated…

"...it is an article of normative dispensational belief that the boundaries of the land promised to Abraham and his descendants from the Nile to the Euphrates will be literally instituted and that Jesus Christ will return to a literal and theocratic Jewish kingdom centred on a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. In such a scheme the Church on earth is relegated to the status of a parenthesis.”

John F. Walvoord, The Rapture Question.1979, p. 25

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there two peoples of God in John 10:16? (See also 1 John 2:22-23, 2 John 1:7-11.)

What is the land promise to the Old Testament Saints in Hebrews 11:15-16?

Based on 2 Peter 3:10-13, is this earth “eternal”? Will it be replaced by a new earth?

Based on Acts 2:36, and Romans 9:6-8, and Romans 11:1-5, and Hebrews 12:22-24, and James 1:1-3, can faithful Israel and the Church be separated into two different groups?

Who is the New Covenant promised to in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and Hebrews 8:6-13?

Will modern Orthodox Jews ever be saved outside of the New Covenant Church?

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And how "so" (In what manner?) will all Israel be saved?
The answer is found in the verses just before Romans 11:26.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

There is no Plan B of salvation outside of the Church found in the New Testament.
'And it shall come to pass in that day,
that I will seek to destroy all the nations
that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour upon the house of David,
and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
the spirit of grace and of supplications:
and they shall look upon Me Whom they have pierced,
and they shall mourn for Him, as one mourneth for his only son,
and shall be in bitterness for Him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem,
as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.'

(Zec 12:9-11)

Hello @BABerean2,

This portrays the repentance of Israel, when they see the Lord returning, and acknowledge that it is they that have pierced Him, and mourn for Him whom they have pierced. This is the act of repentance in operation.

'So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west,
and His glory from the rising of the sun.
When the enemy shall come in like a flood,
the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion,
and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD;
My spirit that is upon thee, and My words which I have put in thy mouth,
shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.'

(Isa 59:19-21)

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'And it shall come to pass in that day,
that I will seek to destroy all the nations
that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour upon the house of David,
and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
the spirit of grace and of supplications:
and they shall look upon Me Whom they have pierced,
and they shall mourn for Him, as one mourneth for his only son,
and shall be in bitterness for Him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem,
as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.'

(Zec 12:9-11)

Hello @BABerean2,

This portrays the repentance of Israel, when they see the Lord returning, and acknowledge that it is they that have pierced Him, and mourn for Him whom they have pierced. This is the act of repentance in operation.

'So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west,
and His glory from the rising of the sun.
When the enemy shall come in like a flood,
the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion,
and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD;
My spirit that is upon thee, and My words which I have put in thy mouth,
shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.'

(Isa 59:19-21)

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

When was Zechariah 12:10 fulfilled?

Joh 19:31 Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Joh 19:32 Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him.
Joh 19:33 But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs.
Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
Joh 19:35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe.
Joh 19:36 For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, "NOT ONE OF HIS BONES SHALL BE BROKEN."
Joh 19:37 And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED."

The Spirit was poured out in Jerusalem on the Day of Pentecost, and about 3,000 from "all the house of Israel" (Acts 2:36) mourned for the one they had seen pierced a few weeks earlier and accepted Him as their Messiah.

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
Act 2:40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
Act 2:41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

Upvote 0