Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* The nation of Israel are the people of God, though at present in a Lo-ammi condition, as they have been so often in their history.

There is no nation that does not belong to the king of that nation found below.

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

The Apostle John also recorded what is found below.
John says those who reject Christ cannot be the people of God.
Why do you ignore this passage?

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,330.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no nation that does not belong to the king of that nation found below.

Joh 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

The Apostle John also recorded what is found below.
John says those who reject Christ cannot be the people of God.
Why do you ignore this passage?

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Hello @BABerean2,

Israel will come to repentance, and will acknowledge Christ Jesus as their Messiah and King, the nation will be restored and the times of refreshing will come from the presence of the Lord, as prophesied.

God created one nation to be set apart for Himself, through whom He will bless the nations of the earth.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created one nation to be set apart for Himself, through whom He will bless the nations of the earth.

Jesus agrees with you, except it is not the nation you are claiming.
Christ said below He is the "son" which is the "heir" to the land.
He also said the kingdom would be taken from those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone", and it would be given to another nation bearing fruit. That Holy nation is found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Paul confirms below what Jesus said.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,330.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus agrees with you, except it is not the nation you are claiming.
Christ said below He is the "son" which is the "heir" to the land.
He also said the kingdom would be taken from those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone", and it would be given to another nation bearing fruit. That Holy nation is found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Mat 21:33 - Mat 21:43
Paul confirms below what Jesus said.
Gal 3:8 Gal 3:16

'Therefore say I unto you,
The kingdom of God shall be taken from you,
and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.'

(Mat 21:43)

Hello there,

Matthew 21:43 refers to the New Israel, as prophesied in Isaiah 66:7-14, no other nation:-

'I also will choose their delusions,
and will bring their fears upon them;
because when I called, none did answer;
when I spake, they did not hear:
but they did evil before Mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at His word;
Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for My name's sake, said,
Let the LORD be glorified:
but He shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple,
a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to His enemies.

Before she travailed, she brought forth;
before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things?
Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
or shall a nation be born at once?
for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:
shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her:
rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations;
that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river,
and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream:
then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides,
and be dandled upon her knees.
As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you;
and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice,
and your bones shall flourish like an herb:
and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants,
and his indignation toward his enemies.'

:)

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,330.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Hello there, @BABerean2,

Yes, the gospel of Christ has blessed the nations through the message of justification by faith in His atoning sacrifice: and redeemed Israel will also have their part to play in blessing the nations, as Priests unto God, at the end of the age, and during the millennial reign.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

(This is the 2nd of two responses)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and redeemed Israel will also have their part to play in blessing the nations, as Priests unto God, at the end of the age, and during the millennial reign.
Revelation 20: Does your interpretation agree with all other scripture?

(Chronological or Recapitulation?) (Literal vs. Figurative?)

Based on the following scripture, will immortals and mortals both live on earth for 1,000 years after the Second Coming of Christ? Will there be renewed animal sacrifices in earthly Jerusalem for 1,000 years after the Second Coming of Christ? Will Christ conduct funeral services for mortals killed in accidents many years after His Second Coming? Graveyards needed?

Can the following questions be examined without ridicule, and condemnation, based on the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and Hebrews 12:18-24?

Can the number 1,000 be used in a symbolic manner? Psalm 50:10

Does an angel with a key come from heaven and open the bottomless pit in Revelation 9:1-2? Why did the angel have to unlock the pit if it was not locked previously?

Who is the king of the angels in the bottomless pit found in Revelation 9:11?

Are some of the angels “bound” in some manner in Revelation 9:14?

If the beast comes up out of the pit in Revelation 11:7, where is the beast before then?

John sees “souls” at the beginning of Revelation chapter 20.

Are these the same “souls” found in Revelation 6:9-11?

Is the “first resurrection” in Revelation 20:5 the first bodily resurrection in the Book of Revelation? (Rev. 11:11) Are there two different types of resurrections in John chapter 5?

John 5:24 (Spiritual) ? Were you dead, and now you are alive?

John 5:27-30 Christ describes the bodily resurrection and “hour” of judgment of “all” the dead.

Who is the “strong man” who is bound in Matthew 12:26-29?

How is Satan “bound” in Revelation 20:3?

How many mortals are left alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46?

Isaiah 65:17-25? Are people really dying in verse 20? Context, Context, Context…

The New Heavens and New Earth are found at the beginning of the passage, and the end of the curse is found at the end of the passage.

What happens if verse 20 begins with a negative statement? "There will be no more..."

Was Paul expecting Christ to return "in flaming fire", taking vengeance on those who do not know God in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10? How would mortals survive this fire?

Does the fire come at the end of Revelation 20?

Did Paul expect both the living and the dead to be judged at the appearing of Christ, in 2 Timothy 4:1?

When is the judgment of the dead in Revelation 20? Is it the same judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18?

What is the restitution of all things at the return of Christ in Acts 3:20-21?

Will Christ's sacrifice at Calvary also reverse the curse, at His return?

Does death die at the last trumpet in 1 Corinthians 15:50-55?

Why did Jesus correct the woman at the well when she said earthly Jerusalem was the place to worship? See John 4:20-24.

Why did Paul say the Jerusalem above is our “mother” in Galatians 4:24-31?

What is the inheritance of the Old Testament Saints in Hebrews 11:15-16?

Is the third temple found in 1 Peter 2:4-10? Is this temple just as real as a temple made of earthly stones?

What was Peter expecting on the day of the Lord when He comes as a thief in 2 Peter 3:10-13?

Do we find the judgment of both the living and the dead at the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, in Revelation 11:15-18? Why do most preachers ignore the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others in Revelation 11:18? What does it prove about the chronology of the Book of Revelation?

Is there a correlation between Revelation 20 and earlier passages in the Book of Revelation?

Is Revelation chapter 20 another example of “Recapitulation”?

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Rev_18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Judgment Before the Great White Throne.

Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, @1watchman,

Regarding the timing of Jeremiah 31:31 you say it will take place AFTER the millennium years. Would you be kind enough to furnish me with the Scriptures that make that clear. Not that I doubt that, but that I find it difficult getting the chronology of these things clear in my mind. If you do not have the time to do so, that's no problem. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

You might well see Hebrews 8 and note verses 6-10 to see the future for Israel AFTER the "millennium": the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ when He returns again with His "bride", which is the universal Church. We in the Church (as John 3; John 14; John 17; etc) will soon now be 'raptured' (lifted up in joy) to Heaven, I see.
Many saints of God are feeling our 'home call' is drawing nigh. Keep looking up, friend! You may chat with me about this at the Conversation page on CF herein.
--1watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,330.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reply #46
The subject heading:- 'Why Israel has been set aside!' (Temporarily) (started by @Dan Perez)

Hello @BABerean2,

You have raised many questions in this post which, if answered, would derail this thread. Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread of your own, in which to consider them.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,330.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might well see Hebrews 8 and note verses 6-10 to see the future for Israel AFTER the "millennium": the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ when He returns again with His "bride", which is the universal Church. We in the Church (as John 3; John 14; John 17; etc) will soon now be 'raptured' (lifted up in joy) to Heaven, I see.
Many saints of God are feeling our 'home call' is drawing nigh. Keep looking up, friend! You may chat with me about this at the Conversation page on CF herein.
--1watchman
Subject Heading:- 'Why Israel has been set aside, (Temporarily)!' (@Dan Perez)

Hello @1watchman,

Thank you for responding. You are right to relegate any further discussion on this to the Conversation Page, because if I respond to the points you have made in this thread it would derail it.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The subject heading:- 'Why Israel has been set aside!' (started by @Dan Perez)

Hello @BABerean2,

You have raised many questions in this post which, if answered, would derail this thread. Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread of your own, in which to consider them.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I just want to see one verse which clearly says "Israel has been set aside.", which is the question in this thread.

Is that too much to ask for?

You keep saying it, but is it in the text?

2Ki_4:4 And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.

Psa_101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Heb_12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,330.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just want to see one verse which clearly says "Israel has been set aside.", which is the question in this thread.

Is that too much to ask for?
You keep saying it, but is it in the text?
Hello @BABerean2,

The mystery of Israel's blindness is explained in Romans 11:25-32. Though it was foretold in Isaiah 6, 700 years before. In Acts 28:25+ Paul addressed the Jews as a corporate body for the last time, and utters the solemn sentence of blindness (Isaiah 6:9-10) which now has lasted for over 2000 yrs; and salvation was sent to the Gentiles, for they would hear it, in (Acts 28:28).

In AD70 Israel was scattered among the nations, as had happened time and again throughout their history when Israel, 'did evil in the sight of the Lord' , each one a Loammi period: but they were always restored again when they repented and sought the Lord. Recorded in the book of Judges.

God, through Moses, in Deuteronomy 32, warns them that this would be the consequence. So they were not without warning.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mystery of Israel's blindness is explained in Romans 11:25-32. Though it was foretold in Isaiah 6, 700 years before. In Acts 28:25+ Paul addressed the Jews as a corporate body for the last time, and utters the solemn sentence of blindness (Isaiah 6:9-10) which now has lasted for over 2000 yrs; and salvation was sent to the Gentiles, for they would hear it, in (Acts 28:28).

Nowhere in those passages does it say "Israel has been set aside".

Do you think all Israelites have been partially blinded in Romans 11, or have part been blinded and another part has not been blinded?
The answer is found in the "remnant" found in Romans 11:1-5.
You are both ignoring what Paul said earlier in the passage, and twisting what Paul said about Israel being blinded in part in an effort to get your man-made doctrine to work.

Romans 11:25

(CSB) I don’t want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you will not be conceited: A partial hardening has come upon Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(ESV) Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(ESV+) R8Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers:N1 R9a partial hardening has come upon Israel, R10until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(Geneva) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this secret (least ye should bee arrogant in your selues) that partly obstinacie is come to Israel, vntill the fulnesse of the Gentiles be come in.

(GW) Brothers and sisters, I want you to understand this mystery so that you won't become arrogant. The minds of some Israelites have become closed until all of God's non-Jewish people are included.

(HCSB) So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

(KJV) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

(KJV+) ForG1063 I wouldG2309 not,G3756 brethren,G80 that yeG5209 should be ignorantG50 of thisG5124 mystery,G3466 lestG3363 ye should beG5600 wiseG5429 inG3844 your own conceits;G1438 thatG3754 blindnessG4457 inG575 partG3313 is happenedG1096 to Israel,G2474 untilG891 G3757 theG3588 fulnessG4138 of theG3588 GentilesG1484 be come in.G1525

(NKJV) For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(NLT) I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ.

(YLT) For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret—that ye may not be wise in your own conceits—that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till the fulness of the nations may come in;

Those who twist the Word of God to make their doctrines work, have revealed it for what it really is.

=======================

Who is going to start preaching the New Covenant Gospel to modern Jews? (Jer. 31:31-34)

Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews? Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them? Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15? Who is the "son" in Psalm 2? Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53? Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed? Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you think all Israelites have been partially blinded in Romans 11, or have part been blinded and another part has not been blinded?
You are both ignoring what Paul said earlier in the passage, and twisting what Paul said about Israel being blinded in part in an effort to get your man-made doctrine to work.

(CSB) I don’t want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you will not be conceited: A partial hardening has come upon Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(ESV) Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(ESV+) R8Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers:N1 R9a partial hardening has come upon Israel, R10until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(Geneva) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this secret (least ye should bee arrogant in your selues) that partly obstinacie is come to Israel, vntill the fulnesse of the Gentiles be come in.

(GW) Brothers and sisters, I want you to understand this mystery so that you won't become arrogant. The minds of some Israelites have become closed until all of God's non-Jewish people are included.

(HCSB) So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

(KJV) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

(KJV+) ForG1063 I wouldG2309 not,G3756 brethren,G80 that yeG5209 should be ignorantG50 of thisG5124 mystery,G3466 lestG3363 ye should beG5600 wiseG5429 inG3844 your own conceits;G1438 thatG3754 blindnessG4457 inG575 partG3313 is happenedG1096 to Israel,G2474 untilG891 G3757 theG3588 fulnessG4138 of theG3588 GentilesG1484 be come in.G1525

(NKJV) For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(NLT) I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ.

(YLT) For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret—that ye may not be wise in your own conceits—that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till the fulness of the nations may come in;

Those who twist the Word of God to make their doctrines work, have revealed it for what it really is.

=======================

Who is going to start preaching the New Covenant Gospel to modern Jews? (Jer. 31:31-34)

Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews? Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them? Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15? Who is the "son" in Psalm 2? Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53? Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed? Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

=======================

And I also seem why the are different wording for the Greek word MEROS in Rom 11:25 and some Greek words have up to 12 different meaning , depending on its context .

#1 NLT says it means HARD HEART

#2 NIV renders it PARTIAL

#3 RSV says it is UPON PART

#4 YLY says it means HARDNESS OF HEART , and ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN and on .

# 4 And this is a partial TRANSLATION of the Greek word MEROS .

The passage in 2 Cor 3:14 has the Greek word END / TEROS and is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means , LIMITED .

The next Greek word , OF THAT WHICH IS ABOLISH / KATARGEO is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE .

The PRESENT TENSE MEANS that Israel has been a ABOLISHED and the PASSIVE VOIVE means that Christ was the one to side them aside and the PARTICIPLE is better translated BEING ABOLISHED .
The Greek word ABOLISHED can be translated by the following English words , to DESTROY , DO AWAY , CEASE , TO RENDER IDLE , INACTIVE . INOPERATIVE and many more .

And I do don't see the words PARTIAL HARDENING do you ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I also seem why the are different wording for the Greek word MEROS in Rom 11:25 and some Greek words have up to 12 different meaning , depending on its context .

#1 NLT says it means HARD HEART

#2 NIV renders it PARTIAL

#3 RSV says it is UPON PART

#4 YLY says it means HARDNESS OF HEART , and ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN and on .

# 4 And this is a partial TRANSLATION of the Greek word MEROS .

The passage in 2 Cor 3:14 has the Greek word END / TEROS and is ikn the ACCUSATIVE CASE and means , LIMITED .

The next Greek word , OF THAT WHICH IS ABOLISH / KATARGEO is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and is a PARTICIPLE .

The PRESENT TENSE MEANS that Israel has been a ABOLISHED and the PASSIVE VOIVE means that Christ was the one to side them aside and the PARTICIPLE is better translated BEING ABOLISHED .
The Greek word ABOLISHED can be translated by the following English words , to DESTROY , DO AWAY , CEASE , TO RENDER IDLE , INACTIVE . INOPERATIVE and many more .

And I do don't see the words PARTIAL HARDENING do you ?

dan p

Do you think Paul changed his mind?

I will give you one thing.
You are a master at using the Greek in an effort to claim the scripture does not mean what is plainly says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think Paul changed his mind?

I will give you one thing.
You are a master at using the Greek in an effort to claim the scripture does not mean what is plainly says.

Hi and anyone can learn what the TENSE , VOICES , MOODS , CASES , PRONOUNS and can also learn it as I did without going to SEMINARY , and you can learn it by reading the BLUE LETTER BIBLE or BIBLE HUB ., am still learning day by day , so try it and anyone can do it .
And the same goes for HEBREW .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi and anyone can learn what the TENSE , VOICES , MOODS , CASES , PRONOUNS and can also learn it as I did without going to SEMINARY , and you can learn it by reading the BLUE LETTER BIBLE or BIBLE HUB ., am still learning day by day , so try it and anyone can do it .
And the same goes for HEBREW .

dan p

I am amazed that multiple translations say one thing about the Greek, but you come up with something that all of the other translators of the Greek could not find.
You are amazing...

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed that multiple translations say one thing about the Greek, but you come up with something that all of the other translators of the Greek could not find.
You are amazing...

And ina book written by WILLIAN D MOUNCE called GREEK for the REST OF US can explain , why they EVEN disagree on their translation , WHEN TRANSLATING from the same Greek text text and the book is cheap .

dan p

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is TRUE that Israel as a religion has been set aside --having rebelled against their own Prophets (note Isaiah, etc.), as our New Testament shows; and ordered the Romans to kill Him, but we must also know that they are under Covenant by God as His earthly people, to be His 'earthly people' forever. They have suffered much over many years in many countries.
Now --today, they MUST come to the Savior: the Lord Jesus, as all mankind must for any hope for eternity. This present rejection of the Lord Jesus by Israel today will cost them ETERNAL loss and judgement.
We see in the Book of Revelation how a new generation of 144,000 new Israelites will be sent forth to re-establish Israel on earth under God, AFTER the Lord returns and reigns on earth with His "bride": the universal Church , which will be 'raptured' (i.e 'lifted in joy) to Heaven (perhaps very soon now, in view of all things viewed about us). The "millennium" speaks of the reign of Jesus Christ: our Savior, and "born again" saints (as John 3:16) will all be with Him.

We might well pray for Israel as a people (though many are deceived by their leaders).
---1watchman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but we must also know that they are under Covenant by God as His earthly people, to be His 'earthly people' forever.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
There are many reasons why Israel has been set aside .
#1 Moses was the MEDIATOR of the Law .
#2 Under the NEW COVEANAT , Christ will be the Mediator , and can anyone say that is true today , and the answer is NO .
#3 In Jer 3 :14 Christ says He was married unto to them .
#4 In verse 8 He gave Israel and Judah a BILL of DIVORCE .
#5 Israel and Judah are still divided and in Eze 37:19 Christ will make them ONE STICK again , and until that happens , there can not be a NEW COVENANT , PERIOD .
#6 In Eze 37:19 MAKE / ASA stick , and the Hebrew stem of make is QAL and is in the aspect is the PERFECT TENSE .
Qal means to know by experience .
#7 and in Eze 37:19 they will have to be ONE in Christ hand , and that has yet to happen .
#8 And Israel has yet to be in the LAND that Christ promised to Abraham .
dan p

(1) Deuteronomy 18:15-19
(2) John 12:44-50
(3) Jeremiah 3:14-15 Turn, ye children that have revolted, saith the Lord, for I will rule over you: and I will take you one of a city and two of a family, and I will bring you in to Sion; and I will give you shepherds after My heart, and they shall certainly tend you with knowledge.LXX (Matthew 24:40-41)
(4) Jeremiah 3:8 And I saw that [for all the sins of which she was convicted, wherein the house of Israel committed adultery, and I put her away, and gave into her hands a bill of divorcement,] yet faithless Juda feared not, but went and herself also committed fornication.LXX [parenthesis: not in the original text] (see also Matthew 19:7-8)
(5) Matthew 26:28 My blood of the New Covenant ... αιμα μου το της καινης διαθηκης
(6-7) Circular reasoning.
(8) Matthew 4:12-17 & Matthew 21:33-44... both houses of Israel, in the Promised Land.

Jeremiah 31:36-37 if these Ordinances cease from before Me, saith the Lord, then shall the family of Israel cease to be a nation before Me forever. Though the sky should be raised to a greater height, saith the Lord, and though the ground of the Earth should be sunk lower beneath; yet I will not cast off the family of Israel, saith the Lord, for all that they have done.LXX,Jeremias 38:36

Psalms 2:6-9 But I have been made King by Him on Sion His holy mountain, declaring the Ordinance of the Lord. The Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten thee. Ask of Me and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron, thou shalt dash them in pieces as a potter’s vessel. (Matthew 5:19-20)
dikaioma = an equitable deed:--judgment, justification, ordinance, righteousness.--Strong's

Last edited:
Upvote 0