Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some People are differently sexed than just pure male or pure female. The confusion in young women is partially due to the mixed toxic messages women get as they’re growing up . Also Females tend to be less tracked into being gay or straight than males It has something to do with how out brains are formed IIRC .And society also made it less of a stigma if women were gay but kept it quiet. Like in Greta Garbo’s case . Unisex back in the 70s made taking on roles traditional for the other sex possible . It also confused some people then. Nowadays you’ve got women refusing to put up with the disrespect we had to, for being in a ‘man’s ’ job . Redrawing gender lines is always going to be confusing especially since we’re also formally acknowledging the fact that sex and gender isn’t just male or just female

Intersex people with an actual physical chromosome issue are another matter entirely.

Gender is male and female.
Mark 10:6
"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'

These teenage girls that they are preying on are getting a buzz from testosterone and altering body fat distribution, nothing to do with being gay or gender dysphoria. They are being heavily marketed to during a very susceptible time of life and taking testostrone is making them feel better about themselves.

And yes it it partly to do with toxic messages towards females.
Messages saying your butt is too big, your boobs are too small or you don't measure up to this pretend image of femininity. These girls need female empowerment not testosterone, like masculinity is some kind of high standard to reach for. You can be entirely female and wear combat boots.

Most little girls wished they were boys at some point, didn't you? I know I did. It wasn't gender dysphoria it was a passing phase that happened because boys seemed to have 'things cooler'. Thank God there were no gender clinics back then. We could run around playing shoot em up with the boys and it was called 'being a tom boy' then we grew up and were glad to be women.

This is an attack on women which is nothing new under the sun, but now it's being done with male hormones not just words or withholding a promotion or sexual harassment.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sex and gender are different. Sex usually , but not always, happens at fertilization. Gender happens 5 months later when that part of the brain develops. This is under the control of the genes , hormones ( both fetal and maternal) and the environment. Human sexuality isn’t black and white or male and female as anyone reading the old Kinsey report could tell you . Modern research has backed that up too and it happens in other species besides humans as well. Abusing people over something they have no control over is why homophobic behavior is disgusting

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Why?

Have you not read Acts 11:4 But Peter began and explained to them the whole sequence of events: 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision of something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came right down to me. 6 I looked at it closely and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles, and birds of the air. 7 Then I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Get up, Peter, kill and eat.’8 ‘No, Lord,’ I said, ‘for nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’9 But the voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’10 This happened three times, and everything was drawn back up into heaven.
Keep reading and then Peter explains what he came to understand what the vision means.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
There is something different between sin and abomination. Sins have sacrifices offered to be forgiven the sin. Abominations are just a declaration against certain activities made by God but no cure offered. There is no comment on if you continue or quit the deed, there would be is a change of heart by God on the perpetrator. There is no comment of forgiveness, no healing, just one announcement on one abomination that it is worthy of death if found. Is something that God declared an abomination worse than sins in general, is it in a classification of its own? Why did God use the term " abomination" in the first place? How are we to relate to these activities or deeds?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Chapter and verse please
Acts 10:28
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Acts 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. 2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, 3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. 4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, 5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: 6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. 8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. 9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. 11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me. 12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: 13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Twice Peter explained the vision. God did not cleanse the animals, God cleansed the mind of Peter to see that Gentiles are not unclean and see that Gentiles have been granted repentance unto life too through the gospel.

Acts 10: 10 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, 2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Acts 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

And there you have it, a man who feared God, a Roman soldier, a centurion, who with his whole household were devout followers, and alms givers in honor of the Jewish God, were told by an angel to send for Peter to hear more of the gospel. The vision prepared Peter for the events to follow. Upon receiving the message from Peter, they also received the Holy Spirit, and were baptized by the Spirit. And that is the story of how the vision played a role in changing Peter's and ultimately all Believing Jews hearts about the Gentiles and their place in the kingdom of the Jewish God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
-57 said:
Why?

Have you not read Acts 11:4 But Peter began and explained to them the whole sequence of events: 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision of something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came right down to me. 6 I looked at it closely and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles, and birds of the air. 7 Then I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Get up, Peter, kill and eat.’8 ‘No, Lord,’ I said, ‘for nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’9 But the voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’10 This happened three times, and everything was drawn back up into heaven.

visionary said:
Keep reading and then Peter explains what he came to understand what the vision means.

Chapter and verse please

Peter explains it three times.

First time.
Acts 10
19 While Peter was reflecting on the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are looking for you. 20 But get up, go downstairs and accompany them without misgivings, for I have sent them Myself.”

28 And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean. 29 That is why I came without even raising any objection when I was sent for. So I ask for what reason you have sent for me.”

========================================================
Second time:

34 Opening his mouth, Peter said: “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35 but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him....

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. 45 All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also....Then Peter answered, 47 “Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?” 48 And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

======================================================
Third time:
Acts 11

Now the apostles and the brethren who were throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. 2 And when Peter came up to Jerusalem, those who were circumcised took issue with him, 3 saying, “You went to uncircumcised men and ate with them.”

4 But Peter began speaking and proceeded to explain to them in orderly sequence, saying, 5 “I was in the city of Joppa praying; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object coming down like a great sheet lowered by four corners from the sky; and it came right down to me, 6 and when I had fixed my gaze on it and was observing it I saw the four-footed animals of the earth and the wild beasts and the crawling creatures and the birds of the air. 7 I also heard a voice saying to me, ‘Get up, Peter; kill and eat.’ 8 But I said, ‘By no means, Lord, for nothing unholy or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’ 9 But a voice from heaven answered a second time, ‘What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.’ 10 This happened three times, and everything was drawn back up into the sky. 11 And behold, at that moment three men appeared at the house in which we were staying, having been sent to me from Caesarea. 12 The Spirit told me to go with them without misgivings. These six brethren also went with me and we entered the man’s house. 13 And he reported to us how he had seen the angel standing in his house, and saying, ‘Send to Joppa and have Simon, who is also called Peter, brought here; 14 and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’ 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 Therefore if God gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God’s way?” 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life.”

=============================================
4th Time:
Acts 15
Some men came down from Judea and began teaching the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.

5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses.” 6 The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter. 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9 and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith...11 But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.”

===================================

Instead of Peter repeating three or 4 times "Hey brethren GREAT NEWS - we can now eat rat sandwiches!!' -- Peter consistently claims that the meaning/the-lesson was that gentiles were just as much the objects of God's love and care, and just as much entitled to gospel salvation - as Jews.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Deuteronomy 22:5. A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God.

Its about cross dressing. Its about enticing members of the same sex to be attracted to you at a distance.

Many are still failing to see that angels were originally created sexual beings. Like Adam was created. Male and no female counterpart....

But, because of Satan's rebellion? God needed to call off providing female counterparts for the angels. How can we know this? Genesis 6 tells us of angels performing sexually with human women and crossbreeding.

Angels were created males with the ability to sexually reproduce!

Adam did not get his woman right away. He first had to perform a work assigned by God that most likely took many years to complete. Then, the Lord gifted Adam with his helpmate.

Angels too, most likely were to perform the equivalent of naming all the prehistoric animals, etc.. But, Satan rebelled before that work was completed. For, Satan hated being a servant to God. God called off the blessing of them realizing a female counterpart.

Afterwards.. God's grace took care of the pain on loneliness for His faithful angels. They are strong, happy, and celibate.

But, the fallen angels were not recipients of God enabling power of grace. Since they wanted to be independent of God? Thinking they had all self sufficiency for all their needs without God? God has allowed them to reap what they sow. In turn, as a result; in order to try to provide for their sexual appetites, the fallen angels within their own population began producing counterfeit opposite sex angels.

Drag queens did not begin with men... Demon influence introduced it to men.
God does not want his men dressing like a woman. Nor, a woman dressing like a man. For it reflects the fruit of Satan's kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Acts 10:28
And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Acts 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. 2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, 3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. 4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, 5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: 6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. 8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. 9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. 11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me. 12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: 13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Twice Peter explained the vision. God did not cleanse the animals, God cleansed the mind of Peter to see that Gentiles are not unclean and see that Gentiles have been granted repentance unto life too through the gospel.
Acts 10: 10 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, 2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Acts 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.
And there you have it, a man who feared God, a Roman soldier, a centurion, who with his whole household were devout followers, and alms givers in honor of the Jewish God, were told by an angel to send for Peter to hear more of the gospel. The vision prepared Peter for the events to follow. Upon receiving the message from Peter, they also received the Holy Spirit, and were baptized by the Spirit. And that is the story of how the vision played a role in changing Peter's and ultimately all Believing Jews hearts about the Gentiles and their place in the kingdom of the Jewish God.

Clement of Alexandria The Instructor. [Paedagogus.] Book II.
Chap. I. -Peter abstained from swine; “but a trance fell on him,” as is written in the Acts of the Apostles, “and he saw heaven opened, and a vessel let down on the earth by the four corners, and all the four-footed beasts and creeping things of the earth and the fowls of heaven in it; and there came a voice to him, Rise, and slay, and eat. And Peter said, Not so, Lord, for I have never eaten what is common or unclean. And the voice came again to him the second time, What God hath cleansed, call not thou common.” (Act_10:10-15) The use of them is accordingly indifferent to us. “For not what entereth into the mouth defileth the man,” (Mat_15:11) but the vain opinion respecting uncleanness. For God, when He created man, said, “All things shall be to you for meat.” (Gen_9:2, Gen_9:3) “And herbs, with love, are better than a calf with fraud.” (Pro_15:17)

Origen Against Celsus. Book VChap. XLIX.
But neither do the Jews pride themselves upon abstaining from swine’s flesh, as if it were some great thing; but upon their having ascertained the nature of clean and unclean animals, and the cause of the distinction, and of swine being classed among the unclean. And these distinctions were signs of certain things until the advent of Jesus; after whose coming it was said to His disciple, who did not yet comprehend the doctrine concerning these matters, but who said, “Nothing that is common or unclean hath entered into my mouth,” (cf. Act_10:14) “What God hath cleansed, call not thou common.” It therefore in no way affects either the Jews or us that the Egyptian priests abstain not only from the flesh of swine, but also from that of goats, and sheep, and oxen, and fish. But since it is not that “which entereth into the mouth that defiles a man,” and since “meat does not commend us to God,” we do not set great store on refraining from eating, nor yet are we induced to eat from a gluttonous appetite.
Chap. XXIX.
But it is to be observed that the Jews, who claim for themselves a correct understanding of the law of Moses, carefully restrict their food to such things as are accounted clean, and abstain from those that are unclean. They also do not use in their food the blood of an animal nor the flesh of an animal torn by wild beasts, and some other things which it would take too long for us at present to detail. But Jesus, wishing to lead all men by His teaching to the pure worship and service of God, and anxious not to throw any hindrance in the way of many who might be benefited by Christianity, through the imposition of a burdensome code of rules in regard to food, has laid it down, that “not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which cometh out of the mouth; for whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught. But those things which proceed out of the mouth are evil thoughts when spoken, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.” (Mat_15:11, Mat_15:17-19) Paul also says, “Meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.” (1Co_8:8) Wherefore, as there is some obscurity about this matter, without some explanation is given, it seemed good to the apostles of Jesus and the elders assembled together at Antioch,10 and also, as they themselves say, to the Holy Spirit, to write a letter to the Gentile believers, forbidding them to partake of those things from which alone they say it is necessary to abstain, namely, “things offered to idols, things strangled, and blood.”11

Origen’s Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Book XI.
12. Things Clean and Unclean According to the Law and the Gospel.
“And He called to Him the multitude and said unto them, Hear and understand,” etc. (Mat_15:10) We are clearly taught in these words by the Saviour that, when we read in Leviticus and Deuteronomy the precepts about meat clean and unclean, for the transgression of which we are accused by the material Jews and by the Ebionites who differ little from them, we are not to think that the scope of the Scripture is found in any superficial understanding of them. For if “not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man, but that which proceedeth out of the mouth,” (Mat_15:11) and especially when, according to Mark, the Saviour said these things “making all meats clean,” (Mar_7:19) manifestly we are not defiled when we eat those things which the Jews who desire to be in bondage to the letter of the law declare to be unclean, but we are then defiled when, whereas our lips ought to be bound with perception and we ought “to make for them what we call a balance and weight,” (Ecclesiasticus 28:25) we speak offhand and discuss matters we ought not, from which there comes to us the spring of sins.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Clement of Alexandria The Instructor. [Paedagogus.] Book II.
Chap. I. -Peter abstained from swine; “but a trance fell on him,” as is written in the Acts of the Apostles, “and he saw heaven opened, and a vessel let down on the earth by the four corners, and all the four-footed beasts and creeping things of the earth and the fowls of heaven in it; and there came a voice to him, Rise, and slay, and eat. And Peter said, Not so, Lord, for I have never eaten what is common or unclean. And the voice came again to him the second time, What God hath cleansed, call not thou common.” (Act_10:10-15) The use of them is accordingly indifferent to us. “For not what entereth into the mouth defileth the man,” (Mat_15:11) but the vain opinion respecting uncleanness. For God, when He created man, said, “All things shall be to you for meat.” (Gen_9:2, Gen_9:3) “And herbs, with love, are better than a calf with fraud.” (Pro_15:17)

Origen Against Celsus. Book VChap. XLIX.
But neither do the Jews pride themselves upon abstaining from swine’s flesh, as if it were some great thing; but upon their having ascertained the nature of clean and unclean animals, and the cause of the distinction, and of swine being classed among the unclean. And these distinctions were signs of certain things until the advent of Jesus; after whose coming it was said to His disciple, who did not yet comprehend the doctrine concerning these matters, but who said, “Nothing that is common or unclean hath entered into my mouth,” (cf. Act_10:14) “What God hath cleansed, call not thou common.” It therefore in no way affects either the Jews or us that the Egyptian priests abstain not only from the flesh of swine, but also from that of goats, and sheep, and oxen, and fish. But since it is not that “which entereth into the mouth that defiles a man,” and since “meat does not commend us to God,” we do not set great store on refraining from eating, nor yet are we induced to eat from a gluttonous appetite.
Chap. XXIX.
But it is to be observed that the Jews, who claim for themselves a correct understanding of the law of Moses, carefully restrict their food to such things as are accounted clean, and abstain from those that are unclean. They also do not use in their food the blood of an animal nor the flesh of an animal torn by wild beasts, and some other things which it would take too long for us at present to detail. But Jesus, wishing to lead all men by His teaching to the pure worship and service of God, and anxious not to throw any hindrance in the way of many who might be benefited by Christianity, through the imposition of a burdensome code of rules in regard to food, has laid it down, that “not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man, but that which cometh out of the mouth; for whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught. But those things which proceed out of the mouth are evil thoughts when spoken, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.” (Mat_15:11, Mat_15:17-19) Paul also says, “Meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.” (1Co_8:8) Wherefore, as there is some obscurity about this matter, without some explanation is given, it seemed good to the apostles of Jesus and the elders assembled together at Antioch,10 and also, as they themselves say, to the Holy Spirit, to write a letter to the Gentile believers, forbidding them to partake of those things from which alone they say it is necessary to abstain, namely, “things offered to idols, things strangled, and blood.”11

Origen’s Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Book XI.
12. Things Clean and Unclean According to the Law and the Gospel.
“And He called to Him the multitude and said unto them, Hear and understand,” etc. (Mat_15:10) We are clearly taught in these words by the Saviour that, when we read in Leviticus and Deuteronomy the precepts about meat clean and unclean, for the transgression of which we are accused by the material Jews and by the Ebionites who differ little from them, we are not to think that the scope of the Scripture is found in any superficial understanding of them. For if “not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man, but that which proceedeth out of the mouth,” (Mat_15:11) and especially when, according to Mark, the Saviour said these things “making all meats clean,” (Mar_7:19) manifestly we are not defiled when we eat those things which the Jews who desire to be in bondage to the letter of the law declare to be unclean, but we are then defiled when, whereas our lips ought to be bound with perception and we ought “to make for them what we call a balance and weight,” (Ecclesiasticus 28:25) we speak offhand and discuss matters we ought not, from which there comes to us the spring of sins.
One early form of New Age type thinking was Gnosticism, which flourished in the second and third centuries, and one of the most effective Christian responders was Clement of Alexandria.

Origen (c. 185–c. 253) was a Christian exegete and theologian, who made copious use of the allegorical method in his commentaries, and (though later considered a heretic) laid the foundations of philosophical theology for the church.

I wouldn't trust them or their opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Instead of Peter repeating three or 4 times "Hey brethren GREAT NEWS - we can now eat rat sandwiches!!' -- Peter consistently claims that the meaning/the-lesson was that gentiles were just as much the objects of God's love and care, and just as much entitled to gospel salvation - as Jews.
You were doing pretty good until this. Many believe that the dietary laws were abrogated by Jesus in Mk 7:19 but that does not make us devoid of reason or common sense. We have enough brains to know that certain things such as rats etc. are unsanitary, disease bearing etc. and we choose not to eat such things.
EOB Mark 7:19 because it does not go into his heart but into the stomach, and then into the sewer (thus he declared all foods to be clean)?”
Cleenewerck, L. (Ed.). (2011). The Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible: New Testament.
…..Greek is now, and has always been, the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church. Who, better than the native Greek speaking scholars who translated the “literal” Greek Eastern Orthodox Bible [EOB], know the correct meaning of Greek words.
https://azbyka.ru/otechnik/books/or...tament-(The-Eastern-Greek-Orthodox-Bible).pdf
The Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible EOB—New Testament 96 can be viewed or D/L at the link above. Whoever has doubts/questions about the EOB version please read the 200 page preface which documents the extensive Greek scholarship supporting this translation.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One early form of New Age type thinking was Gnosticism, which flourished in the second and third centuries, and one of the most effective Christian responders was Clement of Alexandria.
Origen (c. 185–c. 253) was a Christian exegete and theologian, who made copious use of the allegorical method in his commentaries, and (though later considered a heretic) laid the foundations of philosophical theology for the church.
I wouldn't trust them or their opinion.
Evidence? Documentation? Substantiation? Please don't don't quote some "scholar" giving their unsupported opinion.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
You were doing pretty good until this. Many believe that the dietary laws were abrogated by Jesus in Mk 7:19 but that does not make us devoid of reason or common sense. We have enough brains to know that certain things such as rats etc. are unsanitary, disease bearing etc. and we choose not to eat such things.
EOB Mark 7:19 because it does not go into his heart but into the stomach, and then into the sewer (thus he declared all foods to be clean)?”
Cleenewerck, L. (Ed.). (2011). The Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible: New Testament.
…..Greek is now, and has always been, the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church. Who, better than the native Greek speaking scholars who translated the “literal” Greek Eastern Orthodox Bible [EOB], know the correct meaning of Greek words.
https://azbyka.ru/otechnik/books/or...tament-(The-Eastern-Greek-Orthodox-Bible).pdf
The Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible EOB—New Testament 96 can be viewed or D/L at the link above. Whoever has doubts/questions about the EOB version please read the 200 page preface which documents the extensive Greek scholarship supporting this translation.
Out of the volumes on the rabbit trail.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unsupported? I guess that depends on who is an honest unbias "scholar".
You can criticize me on that point the next time you see me quote what any scholar said as you did. e.g. "One early form of New Age type thinking was Gnosticism, which flourished in the second and third centuries, and one of the most effective Christian responders was Clement of Alexandria." You either made that up or quoted what some scholar opined. "opine" is the verb form of the noun "opinion."
To make this credible one should add something like this "Clement wrote this <quote something Clement said and the name of the source e.g.Clement of Alexandria The Instructor. [Paedagogus.] Book II. repeat this a few times.
I might quote their evidence but not an unsupported opinion. e.g. Scholar X quoted Clement as saying such and such in a certain writing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Out of the volumes on the rabbit trail.
Is this supposed to make some kind of sense? I quoted from the Eastern Greek Orthodox N.T. Their language is and has always been Greek. Who better than the native Greek speaking scholars who translated the EOB NT know the correct meaning of the original Greek? I have debated with various heterodox religious groups and each of them have their own favorite version which OBTW just happens to support their doctrine.
To refute the EOB one must do more than provide a different version they must provide grammatical, lexical, historical etc. evidence that their pet version is correct and the EOB is wrong.

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And in our modern day culture all those lines have been eliminated via special rights groups.

male, female, family etc..... have all been redefined.

I would say this is exactly what Deut 22 is condemning as abomination.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Pagan`s were in the habit of gender blurring and cross dressing specifically when worshipping the goddess Ishtar. The Israelites, in their apostasy , worshiped this goddess under the name Ashtoreth. This transaled into a law.

Yup. This is where that scripture came from. it has nothing to so with women wearing jeans or traousers created for women and labeleld as such

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Is this supposed to make some kind of sense? I quoted from the Eastern Greek Orthodox N.T. Their language is and has always been Greek. Who better than the native Greek speaking scholars who translated the EOB NT know the correct meaning of the original Greek? I have debated with various heterodox religious groups and each of them have their own favorite version which OBTW just happens to support their doctrine.
To refute the EOB one must do more than provide a different version they must provide grammatical, lexical, historical etc. evidence that their pet version is correct and the EOB is wrong.
People with agenda are not the best to quote. Their ideology is not of the faith of the Hebrews including Yeshua, Paul or Peter.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
You can criticize me on that point the next time you see me quote what any scholar said as you did. e.g. "One early form of New Age type thinking was Gnosticism, which flourished in the second and third centuries, and one of the most effective Christian responders was Clement of Alexandria." You either made that up or quoted what some scholar opined. "opine" is the verb form of the noun "opinion."
To make this credible one should add something like this "Clement wrote this <quote something Clement said and the name of the source e.g.Clement of Alexandria The Instructor. [Paedagogus.] Book II. repeat this a few times.
I might quote their evidence but not an unsupported opinion. e.g. Scholar X quoted Clement as saying such and such in a certain writing.
Unsupportable as they are not Hebrew scholars.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0