Why is there a secular music part to a Christian site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
absolutely_lost_86 said:
Bible References in P.O.D. songs
Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few [are] chosen.
Boom "Many were called, but the chosen are few"

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Youth of the Nation "It’s the blind leading the blind"

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ridiculous "Beware of the false prophets, because they got my people bugg'n"

Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah....
The Messenjah "We pursue the conquering lion of the Tribe of Judah"

Isaiah 40:3 A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD ; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.
The Messenjah "Make straight through the path of the one voice calling"

Matthew 13:16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Greetings "So if you have eyes to see, and if you have ears to hear"

Psalm 3:5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
Lie Down "I lie down, I sleep, when I wake, sustain me"

Luke 23:34a Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Set Your Eyes to Zion "Forgive them Lord, for they not know that what they do, people blame it on you"

This is from www.warriorklan.com a POD website. it also has testimonies from people who have been saved because of POD and POD also answer questions for here are two examples:

9. hey I am a huge fan of your music!!!I think that your last album is
probably my favorite i have a question about the song Wildfire. What do you
mean when you say the rightous will burn again??? I was just curious about what
that meant. If u could e-mail me or wutever that would be cool THANKS!!!
-mellissa dollar

Sonny: That's getting deep. It's just living up to what the Spirit of God is
giving you. Living up to Him.

10. Hi P.O.D.! I realy want to thank you for given me hope and selfconfidents,
sinds you are in my life, everything goes better and I started more believe in
God. I was not rased in a Christian family and there are few people here, in my
place who belive in God, so my quistion is: How do you know for sure that there
is a God? Love:
-Michelle (14) The Netherlands.

Traa: I know because I know.
Jason: I know because of what I've seen and what I've experienced.

now try and tell me they arent christians!!
This is what you get for not reading past posts...

SPeaking genereally and going along with the cliche, yes POD are we would consider "christians" They claim to not a be a christian band. They are my fav band and thier views on God and the trinity and how they go about working with their relationships with God is absolutly awesome and qucik frankly, pure genious. Nevertheless, they claim to not be christian. They have been my fav band for 5 years and I think they always will be.

Upvote 0

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
the_sam_man87 said:
It should not be here because

1. If you want to talk about nonchristian music, go to anothier site
2. I am a christian and I dont think that you should be listening to people say the F word every onther word, I know that is what messed me up
3. christian music is better then secular you want to here good solos then not listen to KoRn
1. then why have a thread about news??? Thats secular... why have threads for pictures? Thats not based on God. Secular music is fine, and if it bothers you, don't come to the thread, cause obviously, it appears that many people on this prefer talking on this thread more.

2. There are MANY secular bands who do not cuss in their lyrics, and if they do cuss, are you telling me that you have never cussed in front of people?

3. That is truly based on opinion and is not a valid argument.

Upvote 0

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by: PreacherFergy
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif

"Is this for non-believers or something?

The Bible teaches Christians shouldn't listen to secular music which doesn't bring glory to God.

Now, an unbeliever, I understand them listening to secular music, but a Christian has no excuse to be listening to the music. It promotes an apathetic and flippant lifestyle toward Christian things.

Can we discuss this? :scratch: "

Does this mean that you don't watch tv? does this mean you don't play games? Does this mean you don't read books aside from the bible?

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why- in a world where God is in all, has made all, and is Lord over all - is there even the label of secular? Do you think God is not who he says he is?

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Why isn't our focus reaching the artists who have such wonderful talents and skills and minds for creation that God gave them?

Upvote 0

blackwasp

Skinless
Nov 18, 2003
Midwest
Visit site
✟4,736.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Wow Nadro, I agree completely. ;)

I'm very curious to know how christian music has branched out in a direction completely different than the secular market. From what I've heard, christian music has pop, punk, pop-punk, hardcore, and pop-rock -- hardly revolutionary.

Upvote 0

the_sam_man87

Dec 11, 2003
why should I tell you
✟7,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
xtxArchxAngelxtx said:
1. then why have a thread about news??? Thats secular... why have threads for pictures? Thats not based on God. Secular music is fine, and if it bothers you, don't come to the thread, cause obviously, it appears that many people on this prefer talking on this thread more.

2. There are MANY secular bands who do not cuss in their lyrics, and if they do cuss, are you telling me that you have never cussed in front of people?

3. That is truly based on opinion and is not a valid argument.

1. in the news and pictures are there ones about sex..........no
2. ok if so name one
3. no it is a fact...........in my book of facts

Upvote 0

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
the_sam_man87 said:
It should not be here because

1. If you want to talk about nonchristian music, go to anothier site
2. I am a christian and I dont think that you should be listening to people say the F word every onther word, I know that is what messed me up
3. christian music is better then secular you want to here good solos then not listen to KoRn
I'm a believer in Christ as well but I listen to Secular music and a lot of it and NOT all secular music uses swear words..........I think that your point #2 was a sweeping generalization..........

Upvote 0

blackwasp

Skinless
Nov 18, 2003
Midwest
Visit site
✟4,736.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
the_sam_man87 said:
ok if so name one
I believe that every Ozzy song (yes the Prince of Darkness!) is free from profanity. (at least every album I've heard, Diary of a Madman, Blizzard of Ozz, Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin, No More Tears)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nadroj1985

A bittersweet truth: sum, ergo cogito
Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
blackwasp said:
I believe that every Ozzy song (yes the Prince of Darkness!) is free from profanity. (at least every album I've heard, Diary of a Madman, Blizzard of Ozz, Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin, No More Tears)

Yep, and every Led Zeppelin song, and every Pink Floyd song I think, etc. etc. ad infinitum. But who cares anyway? Just because a band uses a bit of profanity doesn't make them evil.

Upvote 0

Axver

Dreaming on a railway track
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
the_sam_man87 said:
You've obviously never watched the news. Let's see some recent headlines ... "Brothels - To Legalise Or Not?" "Prostitution On The Rise" "Violent Rape In Inner City" "Debate Rages Over Nudist Beach [complete with picture, hmm]" Now what do you say?

2. ok if so name one
Your ignorance is repulsive.

Book of Falsity, you mean?

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
the_sam_man87 said:
hey "Eusebios" are you for nonchristian music or not? music is for the glory of god you can fool around some times as loung a you not diss god and that is all that nonchristian music does, what is the point of christain rock it you can listen to nonchristian music?
Okay, first and foremost, as I've mentioned earlier, how do you define "nonchristian" music?

And you're probably going to say this is a stupid question, but consider. I listen to:
-Bands made up of Christians on Christian record labels
-bands made up (at least partially) of Christians, on "secular" record labels
- bands made up of non-(to my knowledge)Christians on secular record labels.

Which is "nonchristian"? Do you define a "Christian" band by whether they're produced by a Christian label, or if all the members are Christians? If their drummer's a nonchristian, does that make them a "nonchristian band"? What about instrumental music, with no lyrics? See, this is a pretty nebulous thing....

Also, it's profoundly ignorant to say "all nonchristian music does" is "diss God". Thousands of bands out there, and every last one is actively opposing God? Not likely....

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
the_sam_man87 said:
ok name one that has never dissed god or talked about having sex, killing and raping, if there is one i would like to know
Name one?

I could probably name hundreds if I went through my CD collection.

If you believe every song made by a nonChristian talk about "having sex, killing and raping" you have an EXTREMELY narrow and ignorant view of popular music.

Even better.... name one you've heard that DOES. Because I don't tghink you actually have any particular song or songs in mind.

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
the_sam_man87 said:
What news are you reading? Sex and violence are all over the news.

2. ok if so name one
We could, clearly, name scads of bands you're not familiar with, but that wouldn't change the strereotype you're clearly operating on; if you really want to insist that Marilyn Manson is the basic standard for all secular music (without presenting any evidence, and clearly without much if any knowledge of the state of music today), nobody's going to be able to convince you otherwise if you're not open to learn.

Just keep in mind, passing around unsubstantiated information about people you don't know is usually called "Gossip"and "Slander".

And this is usually called an "opinion".

Your "book of facts" is not the standard for absolutely everyone on earth. Saying "it is because I say it is" is extremely arrogant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the_sam_man87

Dec 11, 2003
why should I tell you
✟7,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
EliasEmmanuel said:
Name one?

I could probably name hundreds if I went through my CD collection.

If you believe every song made by a nonChristian talk about "having sex, killing and raping" you have an EXTREMELY narrow and ignorant view of popular music.

Even better.... name one you've heard that DOES. Because I don't tghink you actually have any particular song or songs in mind.
ok 50 cent, nelly, shaggy, ozzy, KoRn,.......etc

Upvote 0

the_sam_man87

Dec 11, 2003
why should I tell you
✟7,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
EliasEmmanuel said:
What news are you reading? Sex and violence are all over the news.
is it the news on this site

We could, clearly, name scads of bands you're not familiar with, but that wouldn't change the strereotype you're clearly operating on; if you really want to insist that Marilyn Manson is the basic standard for all secular music (without presenting any evidence, and clearly without much if any knowledge of the state of music today), nobody's going to be able to convince you otherwise if you're not open to learn.

Just keep in mind, passing around unsubstantiated information about people you don't know is usually called "Gossip"and "Slander".
ok then do

And this is usually called an "opinion".

Your "book of facts" is not the standard for absolutely everyone on earth. Saying "it is because I say it is" is extremely arrogant.
there it was her "opinion" that started it when she said you listen to seculer music to hear a good solo

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.