Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Sooo you're saying they NEVER bad-mouth you there? NEVER been flamed there? Can you say, you've NEVER have flamed/gossiped about CF members/staff there?

I don't think Max said that at all. In fact, I don't think he was addressing your post.

I've been bad-mouthed there, by a CF staff member. I have gossiped about CF members and staff there, though IMO, I didn't flame anyone.

People get flamed and gossiped about at CF, too. It's happened to me here. :) It's also happened to me in a church. Human nature doesn't necessarily stop being human nature just because the word Ministry's on the door of the building or the banner of the webpage.

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can the members that post at IIDB say, they proudly talk about their sins there and use vulgar language that's not becoming of a christian or lifestyles that goes against scripture?

Not me. :)

You're painting a very lopsided picture of Elsewhere. Not a day goes by that I don't see people praying for each other there. I see people reaching out to each other there. I see people caring for each other there.

If it was as ugly as you say it is, I certainly wouldn't be there. I went there because of abominations I saw at CF. And, surprise surprise, those abominations weren't present in elsewhere. Thank God.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I actually like the IIDB (Elsewhere) for the most part.

Most people there are nice and they have a nice fellowship. Most of the time, there isn't fighting or bad things being said. Of course, I don't go on very much and I don't lurk anymore very much either.

I always looked at the Elsewhere forum as a way of reaching out and praying for people. Most of the time, I don't post... but I pray.

When I started lurking, it was to find out what the IIDB was about. After lurking and reading the struggles that some of them were going through and reading about their sorrow and suffering... I realized that I needed to pray.

The Elsewhere forum can be a wonderful place to minister or to pray for people at a distance. It helped me to have a deeper understanding of people that I didn't understand before. It was a positive eye opener for me.

I don't fear the IIDB, but I do fear what some people think about the IIDB. It hurts to read the criticisim of the IIDB members when I know those members are good people with good hearts.

Have you had a chance to make my red beans & rice with sausage recipe yet? :) :wave: :hug:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found that forum to be very useful. I have made friends there who have stuck my me through thick and thin - in good times and in bad and who have never looked down their noses at me. How many of the people I used to work with on staff can say they did that?

MIND There are some people there who are less than amicable - but I find that here as well. :sorry:

That being said - I am self-banned. Although I have been a very large part of recent discussion there - as I have been OTHER places . . . .I have no intent of ever posting there again.:cry:

I didn't know that. Sorry Max. :( You will be missed. :(

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was flamed by both members and staff at IIDB. It took a long time for me to see any good there at all. I was combative from day one. Now I see things like seebs and ksen talking and reconciliation. I guess it's all really dependent on whether you want to remember the love part of Christianity or not...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There probably wouldn't have needed to be a reconciliation between seebs and ksen, had they avoided the place in the first place. ^_^

The Lord instructed His disciples to take the gospel to the world. But if there was a place that wouldn't receive it.. to 'shake the dust from your feet'. The same meaning as 'wash your hands of it'. Mark 6:11

sidestepemote2.gif

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Left the river, made it to the sea
Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am reminded of this Bible quote for some reason:

[BIBLE]Matthew 5:14-16[/BIBLE]

I think a lot goes on at the thread in elsewhere besides discussion of the goings on at CF... Yes, it gets strident at times and has caused me to self-ban myself once but there are many redeeming values to the discussions as well ...

Prayer for others and fellowship make up a big portion of the discussion there as well and as a Christian I don't think I should be afraid to engage those who disagree with some of what I have to say...

Sometimes annoyed. Sometimes amused. Never afraid.

About sums it up for me....

Upvote 0

ChristianCenturion

Veteran / Tuebor
Feb 9, 2005
In front of a computer
✟32,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm quite curious.

I am staff and I see nothing even remotely credible for your speaking on my behalf. Presumption to do so only gives evidence to what you might cherish or don't cherish.

The list of what I fear is very short.
What would qualify for my fear... fear coupled with love and hope, and is therefore not a crippling dread, but rather filial reverence. A holy fear is preventive for carelessness in belief, and motivation to penitence. I fear (revere) the Lord, my God.

As you are well aware, since you moderate for that forum, that site is based on and promotes a Naturalistic or Atheist worldview. Its ideology is inherently in opposition to God, Jesus Christ, Christendom, etc. It isn't a matter of it posing a threat or even having respectable qualities; it is an issue of the principal membership having a recognizable focus and motivation. I make a point to know my surroundings and since this is the Internet, I take note of the site's existence and purpose.

Fear would not be the word I would choose to summarize that principal membership's mindset. In fact, fear would be far from the available descriptors since at times I have visited that site to engage the membership in dialogue. I visit as a stranger in a foreign, hostile and at times vile environment. An environment that many more adjectives might fit, but it would not solicit fear in me.

I'm glad I could clear up your confusion about me as a staff member.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am interested in why CaDan thinks staff "fears" IIDB.

I, personally, don't "fear" IIDB, I do, however, dislike it intensely.

Members there have trashed me since before I even became staff. I do think that the worst things that have ever been said about me in my life were said there. The two times I have gone over and tried to clear up some problems as much as staff can while obeying the confidentiality clause they agree to, I have been flamed, called a liar, and other nice little ditties.

I am not afraid of it, it is just not a nice place to be.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Not trying to just pick on you but IIDB'ers can answer this.
It depends on what is deemed *ministry*.
Can you say that the gospel of Christ is shared regularly there?

I think so, in various forms yes it is, differently than it might be shared here but still shared.

Are christians REALLY encouraged in the daily walk with Christ everyday? Is those subjects considered *off topic in ~Elsewhere?* What is the main subject that's talked about there?

There doesn't seem to be a topic in ~elsewhere~. It is anything and everything. As for the CF thread, the topic varies but yes the main theme is CF and no those subjects are not off topic.

I know a lot of bashing/lieing/gossip goes on there. I've been sent copies of things that were said about me, while I was on staff that were outright lies. I've been called names too like *tool*. Just glad that I considered myself a *tool* on the right side for God. :)
I know other members/staff who has been talked about and was flamed/lied about that caused hurt. Can you say that that doesn't happen on a regularly basis at ~Elsewhere?
Do members give links to put down other CF members/staff over there for other IIDB members to check out? Do they copy what staff has said, privately in staff forums or in PMs to use against staff members?
Can the members that post at IIDB say, they proudly talk about their sins there and use vulgar language that's not becoming of a christian or lifestyles that goes against scripture?

All these things (except for perhaps publicly discussing staff only because it is not allowed here and the language filter) occur here are CF on a daily basis. Does that make lying or gossiping ok, no it doesn't but let us not pretend that the CF thread on IIDB is so vastly different than what occurs right here in terms of peoples attitudes.

Can you say what goes on there glorifies & honors God regularly?

Maybe, maybe not depends on how you view glorifying God. Without a doubt there are times that there is no glory to God and people speak from hurt and angry positions.

Would what said other there cause hurt to members & staff if they read what was posted about them?

Maybe but you could say the same thing about a lot of the things you see psoted on CF.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obviously I'm not on staff anymore.. but I was never afraid of IIDB.. At one point we as staff were told not to go over there..
Anyways... I think its pretty sad though that usually whenever a staff member has to make a action over here, it is blasted over at IIDB.. and its usually never good..

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I posted there for several months and had more positive experiences than negative.

There IS a lot of true fellowship and prayer happening there. It doesn't claim to be a ministry but I'd say it is one anyway.

Most members that post there, even the ones that only flyby to make nasty posts, aren't harassed as they can be here. Does that mean there is no flaming ever? Nope. But people do apologize there and they generally mean it when they do. I've seen lots of peace made over there.

BUT there is also a lot of childish fighting that takes place. Some is started by IIDB members venting about a CF staffer but more often it is a staffer coming in an basically disrespecting everyone in sight and making people feel bad for even posting there. People are people no matter where you go I guess.

Just respect one another no matter where you are. If you are a nice poster on one board and a nasty hateful one on another...chances are it isn't the board but yourself.

Having said all that, I finally left for two reasons. One it is a fast-paced thread and I really have trouble keeping up with it while I'm at work. Second, the fighting that takes place between what really is just a select few brings the reading from the drama meter just a bit high for my blood pressure.

Moral of the story, everybody just be nice and try respecting one another! You can do it. We ALL can.
:wave:

If I ever made a nasty post towards anyone reading this over there, I extend my apologies now. It's never too late to say sorry!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.