Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems like IIDB was intimidated by Buzz.

He wrote this little ditty...

Buzzy:
Welcome to my Blog,
I guess you all know why we're here.
My name is Buzzy
and I beset you all with fear

If you want in my coterie,
you've got to play buzzball.
And put in your earplugs
put on your eyeshades
you know where to put the cork

Hey you typing f-words, so sorry!
I've got you clipped.
Hey you posting inside info!
This is a bust!

Hey hung up on lego-Sutra™,
Don't try to gain my trust!
'Cause you ain't gonna hassle Buzz any of those ways
Although you think you must

Infidels:

We're not gonna take it
We're not gonna take it
We're not gonna take it

"."

Upvote 0
The "What is a ministry" thread is located right over here.

Sooo by posting that link from CF, you're saying there's no ministry at IIDB only at CF? You don't want to answer my questions about IIDB, especially since you're a moderator there? Do you personally minister there at ~Elsewhere? Do you share the gospel and encourage members who post there in their walk with Christ? Do you participate personally in telling untruths/gossip/name calling there?

Upvote 0

TheDerek

Dum Diddy Dum Dum, Oh Boy!
Sep 25, 2002
MN, USA
✟24,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why is staff afraid of IIDB?

Well, I'll answer from my point of view.

I am not afraid of IIDB, but I do not like it.

Why? I have witnessed some of those on IIDB bash CF.

I can think of one very real example, but I'm not going to mention in here to bring up the past.

I haven't lurked on IIDB in quite a while. When I used to lurk a lot of time it was just people having fun. But abuse did happen.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is staff afraid of IIDB?

Well, I'll answer from my point of view.

I am not afraid of IIDB, but I do not like it.

Why? I have witnessed some of those on IIDB bash CF.

I can think of one very real example, but I'm not going to mention in here to bring up the past.

I haven't lurked on IIDB in quite a while. When I used to lurk a lot of time it was just people having fun. But abuse did happen.

What do you mean by "bash" in this context?

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just illustrating by my ditty that CF Staff who leak there have reason for concern. And frankly CF staff who are not in line with the IIDB agenda are usually baited there. That's why I did not post there as a staff member (except two or three fellowship posts). And I do encourage CF staff not to post there.

I am fine with my ban there. It was a wonderful exit with a party following no less. And I continue to pray for the 14 year old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheDerek

Dum Diddy Dum Dum, Oh Boy!
Sep 25, 2002
MN, USA
✟24,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Without trying to give out two many details (sorry, I don't want to) here's what I noticed.

Someone did something on CF. It might not have been right, but it was not against the rules. Some members on IIDB did not like what this person did, so they started to say negative things about this person.

I would like to say that I have only seen this happen once.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just illustrating by my ditty that CF Staff who leak there have reason for concern. And frankly CF staff who are not in line with the IIDB agenda are usually baited there. That's why I did not post there as a staff member (except two or three fellowship posts). And I do encourage CF staff not to post there.

I am fine with my ban there. It was a wonderful exit with a party following no less. And I continue to pray for the 14 year old.

What is the "IIDB agenda"? I've seen that term or variants thereof thrown around quite a bit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
I have found that forum to be very useful. I have made friends there who have stuck my me through thick and thin - in good times and in bad and who have never looked down their noses at me. How many of the people I used to work with on staff can say they did that?

MIND There are some people there who are less than amicable - but I find that here as well. :sorry:

That being said - I am self-banned. Although I have been a very large part of recent discussion there - as I have been OTHER places . . . .I have no intent of ever posting there again.:cry:

Upvote 0
I have found that forum to be very useful. I have made friends there who have stuck my me through thick and thin - in good times and in bad and who have never looked down their noses at me. How many of the people I used to work with on staff can say they did that?

MIND There are some people there who are less than amicable - but I find that here as well. :sorry:

That being said - I am self-banned. Although I have been a very large part of recent discussion there - as I have been OTHER places . . . .I have no intent of ever posting there again.:cry:

Sooo you're saying they NEVER bad-mouth you there? NEVER been flamed there? Can you say, you've NEVER have flamed/gossiped about CF members/staff there?

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Sooo you're saying they NEVER bad-mouth you there? NEVER been flamed there?
no more than I have in certain other forums that everyone knows about but few have seen.
Can you say, you've NEVER have flamed/gossiped about CF members/staff there?
I won't say "never" about anything.

What works about iidb is that it is a place were CF staff and CF members are on equal footing and can hash things out without the member fearing repercussions. I have seen staff more than once finally admit that they were wrong there. I did so myself. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.