Why is it ok to be a fat pastor but not a gay pastor?

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For example a 'white lie' doesn't have the same gravity, consequences and spiritual damage potential as fornication murder, gay 'activities' etc. Paul talks about sins that are of death and sins that are not of death.

I would say that Rahab's lie was a real whopper, resulting in the complete annihilation of Jericho. If you consider that to be a "white lie" then I am free to tell as many whopping lies as i please.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think my opinion is in line with God's.
hint: There are other passages of scripture that instruct believers to favor those with faith(conviction); albeit still loving all. Others instruct us to bring people in sin back to the Truth or tell them to leave.
collaborating more with people of faith is not the same as discriminating against people due to personality traits.
Everyone in this world can instantly become a Christian. Every moment. It's so easy: just confess and proclaim Jesus as Lord

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,520.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say that Rahab's lie was a real whopper, resulting in the complete annihilation of Jericho. If you consider that to be a "white lie" then I am free to tell as many whopping lies as i please.

It depends... with the intention, etc i think, God sees hearts, but i think yes, there is sins not so serious than others. We are not perfect and commit sins but there is sins that almost doesn't affect your relationship with God like being a little dishonest for example and there is sin that destroy your communion with God and harms you spiritually.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think my opinion is in line with God's.

collaborating more with people of faith is not the same as discriminating against people due to personality traits.
Everyone in this world can instantly become a Christian. Every moment. It's so easy: just confess and proclaim Jesus as Lord

My sister-in-law has, among other personality flaws, the uncanny ability to tell amazing lies which she sincerely believes to be true. These lies have, over the years, done irreparable damage to her victims. However, truth be told, she does not understand them to be lies at all and makes very vocal her (self-perceived) status as one of the finest Christians to grace this earth.

What would you do with a person like her, especially if you were in a leadership position in her church?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It depends... with the intention, etc i think, God sees hearts, but i think yes, there is sins not so serious than others. We are not perfect and commit sins but there is sins that almost doesn't affect your relationship with God like being a little dishonest for example and there is sin that destroy your communion with God and harms you spiritually.

My sister-in-law has, among other personality flaws, the uncanny ability to tell amazing lies which she sincerely believes to be true. These lies have, over the years, done irreparable damage to her victims. However, truth be told, she does not understand them to be lies at all and makes very vocal her (self-perceived) status as one of the finest Christians to grace this earth.

What would you do with a person like her, especially if you were in a leadership position in her church?

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
no idea. But if you want me to compare telling lies with whole personality traits, I say no.
A person who tells lies just stops doing so and that's it.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
no idea. But if you want me to compare telling lies with whole personality traits, I say no.
A person who tells lies just stops doing so and that's it.

You apparently have never had to deal with anyone who is psychologically a habitual liar. If you were to ask my sister-in-law to stop her lying she would become quite infuriated with you and demand to know why you think she is a liar, given the fact (in her mind) that she has always been the most forthright and honest Christian alive today.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know your sister-in-law. However, I'm against painting lies as a personality trait.
If someone told me I'm a habitual liar I would be infuriated and ask the person to provide even one example.
If you were to ask my sister-in-law to stop her lying

If you'd come up with such a claim you would need to prove your point giving her factual examples of her lying.
At that point, I still wouldn't call her a liar. This is judging the person, I guess. If you can prove it you can expose certain statements as lies though.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't know your sister-in-law. However, I'm against painting lies as a personality trait.
If someone told me I'm a habitual liar I would be infuriated and ask the person to provide even one example.

If you'd come up with such a claim you would need to prove your point giving her factual examples of her lying.
At that point, I still wouldn't call her a liar. This is judging the person, I guess. If you can prove it you can expose certain statements as lies though.

Not to worry. Many individuals have confronted her with her lies and some, indeed, have called her a liar, based on the fact that a person who does habitually tell lies is, by definition, a liar. When the facts of various lies are irrefutably presented to her such that she cannot deny them, her fallback position is that everyone else lies (especially her accusers(s)) so it is not really an issue.

As I say, it is evident that you have not encountered such a person and I am grateful that such people are really quite rare.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
her fallback position is that everyone else lies (especially her accusers(s)) so it is not really an issue.
well she can just stop lying.
If you say lying is a personality trait like sexual orientation, please back it up by citing scientific studies and/or Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
well she can just stop lying.
If you say lying is a personality trait like sexual orientation, please back it up by citing scientific studies and/or Bible.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so. If you are interested you may want to do your own research. I only know that my sister-in-law has very deep psychological issues which cannot merely be addressed by a simple change of behavior.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.
So you couldn't substanciate your claim by using sources.
my sister-in-law has very deep psychological issues
deep psychological issues - sounds a bit like mental disorder.
If you want to insinuate - making the comparison to gays - that being gay is a diesorder, then I'd like to ask you to back this claim up by citing decent sources. I.e. either science or Bible.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Speaking from a leadership position in the church. The answer is inner healing & deliverance and clearly articulated boundaries.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So you couldn't substanciate your claim by using sources.

deep psychological issues - sounds a bit like mental disorder.
If you want to insinuate - making the comparison to gays - that being gay is a diesorder, then I'd like to ask you to back this claim up by citing decent sources. I.e. either science or Bible.

No, I can't substantiate anything, certainly not to your satisfaction, nor am I in the least bit inclined to run down that bunny trail with you.

I certainly don't claim to know a thing about homosexuality, although I have known several homosexuals over my relatively long life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums