Why is it ok to be a fat pastor but not a gay pastor?

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Flatworm is fascinating study in that regard.
They dual one another with their penises in an hour long mating ritual and the first one to stab and inseminate the other wins, and stays male, while the loser becomes female and lays the eggs.

Remember a sexuality or changing of sexes of flatworms is not homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Studying the animals though, could give us a lot of insight though, even among mammals, what conditions or circumstances have to be present for them to exhibit unusual behavior, etc...?

For example, I have two male cats, or at least I do now, before that I had just one for about two years, and these are strictly indoor cats, that never ever go outside, etc, have no contact with any other animals, etc, and when I got my other cat, I had to get on to my two year old cat for trying to "dominate" my new cat or kitten a couple of times, etc, but the situation and circumstance is unique, etc, and so maybe a bit understandable, etc, maybe even natural maybe, under those circumstances, etc...

They don't go outside, have no contact with any other animals or female cats and never have, etc, but I did get onto him, my one cat, and he doesn't do it so much now anymore, etc...

But in nature, studying when and what circumstances are present, etc, or when the circumstances are not normal or natural, and creatures might exhibit "unnatural behavior", etc, could teach us a lot about ourselves maybe, etc...

I believe animal behavior is all parts or aspects of what human behavior is or could be, or are that which humans are at least capable of at least, etc, under or in certain circumstances and/or situations, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Studying the animals though, could give us a lot of insight though, even among mammals, what conditions or circumstances have to be present for them to exhibit unusual behavior, etc...?

For example, I have two male cats, or at least I do now, before that I had just one for about two years, and these are strictly indoor cats, that never ever go outside, etc, have no contact with any other animals, etc, and when I got my other cat, I had to get on to my two year old cat for trying to "dominate" my new cat or kitten a couple of times, etc, but the situation and circumstance is unique, etc, and so maybe a bit understandable, etc, maybe even natural maybe, under those circumstances, etc...

They don't go outside, have no contact with any other animals or female cats and never have, etc, but I did get onto him, my one cat, and he doesn't do it so much now anymore, etc...

But in nature, studying when and what circumstances are present, etc, or when the circumstances are not normal or natural, and creatures might exhibit "unnatural behavior", etc, could teach us a lot about ourselves maybe, etc...

I believe animal behavior is all parts or aspects of what human behavior is or could be, or are that which humans are at least capable of at least, etc, under or in certain circumstances and/or situations, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
I believe Adam came to fully know and learn about himself by studying and fully knowing all the animals/creatures in the Garden, etc...

Of course none of the circumstances or situations were "fallen" at the time, so I don't think he observed or learned about any kind of perhaps unnatural behavior from the animals at that time, I think that happened when they ate from the forbidden tree, etc...

When creation fell, it affected the animals as well, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Because God never destroyed a whole city over people being fat.

Because the Bible never says obesity is an abomination.

Because the Bible never says fat people will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

But the Bible does clearly say:

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NRSV)
Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

No one sin is greater than another. Period.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Might want to remove that "period".

Joh_19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Because Judas committed more sin. He had the greater amount of sin. Pilate had not yet committed sin. The wages of sin are death, and all are forgiven through Christ Jesus.
Whether or not one has received forgiveness is between God and the individual. It is not our place to condemn homosexuals or gluttons. That is for God alone to decide.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Joh 18:28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.
Joh 18:29 Pilate then went out unto them, and said, What accusation bring ye against this man?

The Jews delivered Christ to Pilate. That's who Christ was speaking of. Judas only identified who Christ was to the Jewish leadership and the ones who helped take Christ and thus isn't what Christ is talking about in this verse.

Either way, the sin the Jews committed by delivering Christ to Pilate was a greater sin than Pilate was going to commit.

Not all sins are equal but in the end they can lead to the same judgment.

Pilate had not committed the sin, so even if there were degrees, his sin could not be greater as he had not committed. But that's not the point.

Because all sins have the same consequences to God, they are equal. The wages of sin are death. God forgives all sin through Christ equally. Therefore, all sins are equal.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He was going to sin though and Christ knew it. That's why he spoke to Pilate and said someone else's sin was greater than his would be.

Doesn't change that Christ spoke of a "greater sin". Some sins are greater than others.

Delivering Christ to Pilate was a worse sin than Pilate's sentencing Christ to death.

Jesus knew, of course, but free will existed even then. Pilate was free of sin until he committed the act. God does not judge us for what we will do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus knew, of course, but free will existed even then. Pilate was free of sin until he committed the act. God does not judge us for what we will do.

I don't agree.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God knows what we will do in the future. I think you have a weak position since Christ did speak of the sin Pilate would commit.

Joh 19:10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Joh 19:16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.

And here is the lesser sin Christ was talking about.

But that's not what Jesus said. He wasn't speaking of Pilate's future sin. This where we disagree. I'm not sure debating this is helping the topic at hand though.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God is the one and only judge, and the only one who can judge, etc, when we do it we only bring judgment (and condemnation) upon our own selves, period, end of story, etc, when we insist on doing it, etc, especially "for sure", etc...

We can tell people that they may be taking a risk or might be playing with fire, etc, or that we think they are or may be, etc, but we are never to be anyone's judge ever, etc, especially "for sure", etc, ever, etc, period, end of story, etc...

We are not even ever supposed to ever even judge our own selves in that regard, let alone anyone else, etc, especially for sure, or with a certain amount of certainty, etc, etc, etc, either way, etc, ever, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God is the one and only judge, and the only one who can judge, etc, when we do it we only bring judgment (and condemnation) upon our own selves, period, end of story, etc, when we insist on doing it, etc, especially "for sure", etc...

We can tell people that they may be taking a risk or might be playing with fire, etc, or that we think they are or may be, etc, but we are never to be anyone's judge ever, etc, especially "for sure", etc, ever, etc, period, end of story, etc...

We are not even ever supposed to ever even judge our own selves in that regard, let alone anyone else, etc, especially for sure, or with a certain amount of certainty, etc, etc, etc, either way, etc, ever, etc...

God Bless!
"Even the very wise cannot see (or fully know) all ends", (and/or all peoples ends), etc, (especially each one each individually), etc...

Fully know all and each one(s) path(s) to or for or toward ultimate "redemption", etc... (or salvation or whatever, etc)...

Only God does and can know fully all of "that", etc, or can fully know or see all of "that", etc, and could fully know or could fully see all of "that" (especially with "everyone", etc) from the very beginning, etc... We cannot, and cannot ever, etc...

Were not God, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Even the very wise cannot see (or fully know) all ends", (and/or all peoples ends), etc, (especially each one each individually), etc...

Fully know all and each one(s) path(s) to or for or toward ultimate "redemption", etc... (or salvation or whatever, etc)...

Only God does and can know fully all of "that", etc, or can fully know or see all of "that", etc, and could fully know or could fully see all of "that" (especially with "everyone", etc) from the very beginning, etc... We cannot, and cannot ever, etc...

Were not God, etc...

God Bless!
So let's let Him (God) be the judge, etc, shall we, etc...?

And also, like I said, when we do it or try to do it, etc, we only bring judgement and condemnation upon our own heads and our own selves, etc, when we do it or try to do it "for sure" most especially, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And it is a person's (or nation's, or people groups) "ending" that "matters", etc...

Which we cannot know or ever see, etc...

But only God does or can, or can or does (or always did) know fully, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think we are supposed to anyone's judge of who is taking more or less risk, etc, for sure, etc, either, etc, etc, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just to point out human beings are not flat worms..
Not the point, but thanks for the clarification.

The point being, it's easy to Debunk the claim that Sexuality in the animal kingdom is only Male/Female "naturally".

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not the point, but thanks for the clarification.

The point being, it's easy to Debunk the claim that Sexuality in the animal kingdom is only Male/Female "naturally".

According to your source, it was the looser who changed sex so not a representation of human homosexuality where no change of sex occurs and no procreation is possible.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0