PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know that it may be hard to believe I believe in a literal Genesis and I think that the Scriptures claim that we are kinds after our own kinds which fits with the evolution as defined as any genetic change in a population that is inherited over several generations. These changes may be small or large, noticeable or not so noticeable.

In order for an event to be considered an instance of evolution, changes have to occur on the genetic level of a population and be passed on from one generation to the next.

It is also observable too.

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
You remind me of a certain Cardinal.

"First, . . . to want to affirm that in reality the sun is at the center of the world and only turns on itself without moving from east to west, and the earth . . . revolves with great speed about the sun . . . is a very dangerous thing, likely not only to irritate all scholastic philosophers and theologians, but also to harm the Holy Faith by rendering Holy Scripture false."--Cardinal Bellarmine, 1615

Sorry but I cannot respond to your blasphemy.

All I will say is things are not always as the appear, we have only scratched the surface when it comes to exploring space.

Now don't bring up the big bang theory, because believe me, like I did on the subject of evolution, I will blow your mind!

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry but I cannot respond to your blasphemy.

All I will say is things are not always as the appear, we have only scratched the surface when it comes to exploring space.

Now don't bring up the big bang theory, because believe me, like I did on the subject of evolution, I will blow your mind!

Things aren't always as they appear, but not everything tries to deceive or hide away either.

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
I know that it may be hard to believe I believe in a literal Genesis and I think that the Scriptures claim that we are kinds after our own kinds which fits with the evolution as defined as any genetic change in a population that is inherited over several generations. These changes may be small or large, noticeable or not so noticeable.

In order for an event to be considered an instance of evolution, changes have to occur on the genetic level of a population and be passed on from one generation to the next.

I believe we pick up family traits, looks ect but I don't believe these traits over short or long periods of term change the human species much at all.

To anyone that suggests we evolved from monkeys, that's absurd.

I say prove it, show me skeletons of the transformation of monkey to human.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe we pick up family traits, looks ect but I don't believe these traits over short or long periods of term change the human species much at all.

Well, we evolved from a common ape ancestor (monkeys have tails, apes do not), so you are skipping some steps there (like asking me to perform the problem 2+3+4+5+6 but getting rid of 3,4, and 5, but still expecting me to get an answer of 20). But we do essentially have what you are asking for several times over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Becoming a Christian is a powerful thing, it grips you and becomes central to your life. If you where to ask most Christians I would bet most would say god is central in there life.

Maybe in your church, you can't base all of Christianity on the people you hang out with (as they are likely to share your views rather than be representative of the population as a whole).

Plus, depending on how the question is worded, it can be leading towards that answer. I bet you would get completely different answers if you asked "what is most central to your life" versus "is god central to your life", as well as whether or not you asked around a place of worship.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I Don't see how any Christian that has read the bible can believe in evolution.
saying we evolved from fish contradicts what the bible tells us. If you believe the bible to be the whole truth, which most Christians do, how can you possibly believe in the evolution theory?

You can't, if you take the book literally.

From that point, this is how the process works; build up real strong defense mechanisms, to defend my belief that the bible should be taken literally and anything that disagrees with a literal interpretation, no matter what it is and how much evidence is available, must be put down at all costs.

The above, is something you see on this board every day, in living color.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Well, we evolved from a common ape ancestor (monkeys have tails, apes do not), so you are skipping some steps there (like asking me to perform the problem 2+3+4+5+6 but getting rid of 3,4, and 5, but still expecting me to get an answer of 20). But we do essentially have what you are asking for several times over.

where talking magic again sarah where a lizard becomes a bird or a mammal
and a load of animals just magically appear in the Cambrian
explosion ..its a kind of magic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well then you understand that traits can be passed down to the next generation. Which is very much observable and not in question.

So do you believe that life was created in full form?

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
How does one test something that you feel is so meaningless that the word God itself has no meaning? It seems to me that your position is one of total dismissal and lacking in any real reason behind it. It is not a lack on the parties that do indeed have a concept of God that you take your position but one in which there is no meaning in any concept and thus no evidence that anyone can provide testable or falsifiable.
It is not my problem that they make their god concepts unfalsifiable. You must be still unclear on this concept.
It is a position that builds an impenetrable wall around yourself
285427-albums5127-45701.png

and yet, reason which you pride yourself on has no bearing upon it.
I take no pride in this. Are you now telling me what I think?
Your very actions refute your position as you come here to a place that your position says is based on nothing, that has nothing to offer and has no way to supply anything to defend nothing. :doh:
Have I not shown where I accept mainstream science and provided links?
And I have problems.:D
We covered that in the previous post.:wave:
Nope, I was unaware.
Copi's book does cover tautologies, perhaps that will help.
Yet, how would I know what you think or what you believe about the nature of nature anyway? You are safely hid behind your self made wall.
As you mistakenly referred to me as an apatheist, I do wonder how closely you do pay attention to what I write. Would you like some links that show you wrong?
Do you believe that there could be something other than the natural world as we know it possible. :)
Another strangely formed question. If we discover something that is not part of what we previously understood as the natural world (magnetism, quantum particles), do they simply not become part of the natural world?
Will that ongoing process include anything other than the natural world we live in?
I don't claim prophecy. That would be religion. :cool:

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe we pick up family traits, looks ect

No need to 'believe' it - it's just the action of DNA at work, as it is in all organisms.

but I don't believe these traits over short or long periods of term change the human species much at all.

What do you regard as 'short' and 'long' periods of time?

For the skulls of human ancestors: 29 Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 1

For more general evidence for evolution: 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
where talking magic again sarah where a lizard becomes a bird or a mammal
and a load of animals just magically appear in the Cambrian
explosion ..its a kind of magic

Not really, sure, if things just suddenly popped into existence with no explanation of any kind, but that isn't what happens. The Cambrian explosion still took millions of years, it was just relatively "explosive" as far as evolution goes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.