• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Is Darwinism So Dangerous? (4)

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Phenotype, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oncedeceived

Oncedeceived Senior Veteran

+405
    Christian
    Married
    According to Scripture not me. ;)

2. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,148
    Ignostic
    Married
    Maybe. It might be like sticking your head in blender.

^_^

3. Oncedeceived

+405
    Christian
    Married
    They exist in name.

There are certain things that one can not dismiss.

No.

4. Oncedeceived

+405
    Christian
    Married
    Oh, I misread that. I thought you said you would stick your head in a blender. Motivation lost. :p jk

5. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,148
    Ignostic
    Married
    And in reality.

Why not? I do. They do.

Then you need to take greater care with how you construct your sentences. :wave:

6. PsychoSarah

PsychoSarah Chaotic Neutral

+1,062
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Even if this is accurate, what makes you think this matters to anybody? So there are some nuts who think aliens bred life on earth, or some other such nonsense, having a percentage of people not agree with evolutionary theory is meaningless.

7. florida2

florida2 Well-Known Member

+413
    Atheist
    Private
    Nope, it's because the flu virus mutates (ie. evolves) each year so the previous year's vaccine (and the immune cells your body produced for it) are no longer applicable.

An awful lot of current medicine uses evolutionary ideas - any time you have used antibiotics, for instance.

8. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+1,249
    Seeker
    I'm looking at the link you provided, and I can't find that figure. Where is it?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I see where you got it, now. I was a little confused, because from your wording I assumed you were talking about a worldwide statistics, and not just the United States, where misinformation about evolution is at its highest.

9. PsychoSarah

+1,062
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Sadly, the evolution misinformation is true.

10. Oncedeceived

+405
    Christian
    Married
    In which reality?

Are you claiming to be a Christian now?

So I've been told.

11. andy b

andy b Newbie

+46
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    I was a bona fide evolutionist till i visited this forum ..but its the evolutionists who have talked me out of it, ive done a bit of research and and a lot of the theories seem to just jump from a to z while missing the other letters.From what was a neutral point of view its sketchy at the very least

12. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+8,018
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    The discovery of DNA has indeed piled on the evidence to support evolution. Even a devout Christian like Francis Collins who is an expert on DNA, feels quite strongly about it:

Francis Collins: "The evidence is overwhelming. And it is becoming more and more robust down to the details almost by the day, especially because we have this ability now to use the study of DNA as a digital record of the way Darwin’s theory has played out over the course of long periods of time.
    Darwin could hardly have imagined that there would turn out to be such strong proof of his theory because he didn’t know about DNA - but we have that information. I would say we are as solid in claiming the truth of evolution as we are in claiming the truth of the germ theory. It is so profoundly well-documented in multiple different perspectives, all of which give you a consistent view with enormous explanatory power that make it the central core of biology. Trying to do biology without evolution would be like trying to do physics without mathematics"

Francis Collins and Karl Giberson Talk about Evolution and the Church, Part 2 | The BioLogos Forum

13. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,148
    Ignostic
    Married
    Wikipedia.

^_^

A Christian dismisses the gospels?

14. Davian

Davian fallible

+1,148
    Ignostic
    Married
    I do not think of polls as a useful means of exploring reality.

"According to a National Geographic survey, 77 percent of all Americans "believe there are signs that aliens have visited Earth", and according to a recent Harris poll only 68 percent of all Americans believe that Jesus is God or the Son of God. That means that the number of Americans that believe that UFOs have visited us is now greater than the number of Americans that believe what the Bible has to say about Jesus Christ. "

More Americans believe aliens have visited Earth than believe that Jesus is the Son of God -- High Strangeness -- Sott.net

15. PsychoSarah

+1,062
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Well gosh, if you need a complete fossil record to accept evolution, then you are out of luck. Not every species managed to have a member fossilize, and have a fossil last long enough to be dug up for us to see.

16. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,455
    Agnostic
    Can you give us examples?

17. ChrisBot

ChrisBot Version 7.0 Beta

+801
    Christian
    Private
    This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically closed.
    The new thread automatically created is here: "Why Is Darwinism So Dangerous? (5)"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.