WHY IS DANIEL 9:24-27 ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT PASSAGES IN SCRIPTURE ?

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The stones of old testament congregation make up of True believers and professed believers like the pharisees and Sadducess. Some good stones, some bad stones. But that old testament congregation fell, and Christ rebuilt it where the Gentiles stones were added to it. Again, some good stones (True Christians) and some bad stones (professed Christians).

There are no "bad stones" in the temple found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

If someone professes to be a Christian and is not, they are not a stone.
Based on 1 John 2:22-23, they are "antichrist".

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Gentiles Church is now a representation of Christ's body. Aren't we all part of Christ's body? Look it up in your Bible.

Show me the phrase "gentile church' in any scripture.

it does not exist.

There is no such entity as the gentile church.

The "church" is Israel and is Jewish (not gentile) in its origin. It existed all the way back with Moses in the Wilderness:

Acts 7:38
This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers

Acts 2:47
And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. [Note that this "church" exists prior to any gentile inclusion, thus is 100% believing Israel]

Read this: "Ye were...aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise
...[but Christ] hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us...Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens." (Eph 2:12,19)

Gentile converts to christianity go from being "foreigners of the commonwealth of Israel" to "fellow citizens of the commonwealth of Israel."

Why are you teaching the exact opposite of scripture here?
Why are you teaching that Jewish Converts to Christianity become Gentiles?
And what scripture could you possibly be thinking supports such an outlandish contention?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is historical fact

So you agree, that the Romans destroying Jerusalem and the temple in 70 ad were historical events that actually happened?

So you believe the literal destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 ad by the Romans was just a coincidence, as it had nothing to with prophecy, given by Jesus 40 years earlier, of armies surrounding Jerusalem (which Rome did in 70ad) and desolating it and the temple (which Rome did in 70ad)?

Luke 21:20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near.

but is it not biblical facts because it was not what God prophesied about! Selah!

What is being spoken of in Luke 21:5, a spiritual temple or a literal temple?

Luke 21:5 And while some were speaking of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said,

In Luke 21:6, what are the "these things that you see"? In other words, what were the disciples looking at? a spiritual or literal temple?

Luke 21:6 As for these things that you see, the days will come when there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you agree, that the Romans destroying Jerusalem and the temple in 70 ad were historical events that actually happened?

So the literal destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 ad by the Romans was just a coincidence, as it had nothing to with prophecy, given by Jesus 40 years earlier, of armies surrounding Jerusalem (which Rome did in 70ad) and desolating it and the temple (which Rome did in 70ad)?

Luke 21:20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near.

Luke 21:5 And while some were speaking of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said,

In Luke 21:6, what are the "these things that you see"? In other words, what were the disciples looking at? a spiritual or literal temple?

Luke 21:6 As for these things that you see, the days will come when there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.

I have to admit our friend here is positing an argument I have never come across before today.

I asked Him who else holds this view so I could research what they had to say to better study it, but it appears he is the only human on earth who does.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to admit our friend here is positing an argument I have never come across before today.

I asked Him who else holds this view so I could research what they had to say to better study it, but it appears he is the only human on earth who does.

Agree, I've not been able to find anything on this, with the exception of 'tribulations' posts.

Every time I submit these passages to the 70 AD Theorists, I am met with deafening silence, even as you will not address it

Makes sense though why people don't address him. It's hard to discuss history and the Bible with someone who rejects historical fulfillment if it wasn't written in the Bible.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now can you show me any scripture which says that the Jewish physical Temple building in 70 ad was "still" God's Holy Temple, and "still" had His Holy dwelling place inside?

Paul, in warning the 1st century Thessalonian congregation about this soon coming 1st century event of the revealing of the Man of Sin, sure seemed to think it was:

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

When faced with which two polar opposite claims to accept as true and correct, The Divinely inspired Apostle Paul or random, 21st century, fallible internet guy TribulationSigns, MY MONEY IS ON THE APOSTLE, EVERY TIME.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are no "bad stones" in the temple found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Yes, there are. You just lack spiritual discernment. The fallen stones are the "bad stones", they speak of professed believers. You don't believe because you are thinking carnally. You think these stones are only physical stones, not representing people which is why you don't know what is good and don't

1 Corinthians 3:11-15
[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Because clearly, there is a visible Church that is made of wood, hay and stubble, which "cannot" be those whose names are written in heaven. The unpalatable question then is, what Church is it that has these unsaved people within it? For when the Lord obviously has both saved and unsaved people in His house, then it is not an "alleged visible Church," It is in fact the visible Church.

2nd Timothy 2:19-20
  • "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
  • But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour."
The children of the kingdom who are vessels as precious as gold and silver, versus the children of the kingdom who are as worthless as wood and earth. Children of the kingdom unto honor, and children of the kingdom unto dishonor. So you can whine about "the stones" not being bad or people all you like, but God's word is the truth. Anti-lies. By definition these vessels of wood and earth are the false Christians within the Lord's house (the visible Church). Since there are no false Christians in the eternal body of Christ, then this cannot be the true indivisible body of Christ. It is a "representation" of the body of Christ, wherein the true believers congregate. Hebrew 12:23 is speaking of that true eternal Church, that true body of Christ. While Revelations 2 and 3 quite obviouslyspeak of the visible Church wherein there are many imperfect, unjust and unrighteous men.

If someone professes to be a Christian and is not, they are not a stone.
Based on 1 John 2:22-23, they are "antichrist".

Says who? You or God? There are "wood, hay and stubble" in His House. Stones are people. Some stones are Gold, silver and precious stones (saved). Some somes are wood, hay and stubble (professed believers - those who names are not written in the book of life).

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Yes, and?

So you believe the literal destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70 ad by the Romans was just a coincidence, as it had nothing to with prophecy, given by Jesus 40 years earlier, of armies surrounding Jerusalem (which Rome did in 70ad) and desolating it and the temple (which Rome did in 70ad)?

No, it is not a coincidence. It was NOT what Jesus talked about.

Jerusalem is synonymous for New Testament congregation, the church. Not physical city of Jerusalem like you believe. The enemies of the New Testament congregation prior to Second Coming are the rise of false prophets and christs that Christ mentioned in the context. Spiritual discernment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Of course, Christ's disciples was thinking about literal stones of the buildings. But Christ was thinking about something else that these building REPRESENTED! The disciples did not understand it until after the resurrection.

Something they understood after the resurrection. The stones are PEOPLE! The people of the congregation that His body represented! You, like the Jewish Scribes of Old Testament and Modern Dispensationalists still have carnal minds.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ha. I am not the only one on earth. There are people before me. One of the teachers you can check with is Tony Warren where you can read about.

Anyway, the most disturbing thing dealing with Preterism is the stressing of the continued importance of national Israel: They still continue as the people of God, the tribulation is all about a city in the mid-east being destroyed, still the literal temple is the holy place, God is concerned enough to detail the events leading up to the destruction of the literal temple. Yet God is not concerned any longer with the nation of Israel – their house has been left to them desolate. If that makes you cringe, then you don’t understand that national Israel was a type of the true Israel, just as their sacrifices were a type of the true sacrifice that was to come. The temple was a type of God’s true temple – the body of believers of which Christ is the head. The old temple, old sacrifices, old Israel, the old covenant, old types, and symbols have been fulfilled in the new. So why do Preterist, even covenantal Reformed Preterists, continue to cuddle national Israel as the centerpiece of God’s plan and make all prophecy fulfill itself in a Roman army and a literal Israel? Because they do not understand the focus of the Bible – it is on Christ and His bride. The destruction of Jerusalem pertains to the devastation and desolation of His church when sinful man is revealed and Satan rules over the congregations blaspheming God and deceiving through false prophets. While faithful churches in our day are nearly a by-word and the word of God is trampled underfoot by evil men in nearly all the churches, and as the world becomes seeped in evil to undreamt depths of depravity – the local churches have concluded the tribulation, deceptions, false prophets, wars, and all that must occur before the end of the age have already occurred in 70AD – they ignorantly wait for either the ushering in of Christ’s kingdom through Christian dominion over the earth or an earthly reign for a symbolic thousand years. In either case they do not suspect that the war is being fought right now – and the churches are become more apostasy than ever. They do not know that Satan is already ruling in most of the churches – yet the congregations are expecting worldwide revival or worry not about it (for they think these things will be not until after the thousand year period of Christ’s supposed earthly reign). They are not watching the signs of the time and they are not warning the flock – they are deceived!

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Paul, in warning the 1st century Thessalonian congregation about this soon coming 1st century event of the revealing of the Man of Sin, sure seemed to think it was:

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

What is the HOLY TEMPLE on this side of the Cross for the past 2,000 years where Christ has been a chief cornerstone of THAT temple building? Hello?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ha. I am not the only one on earth. There are people before me. One of the teachers you can check with is Tony Warren where you can read about.

The "Tony Warren" link travels to a site for Reformed Christian Eschatology.

One of the authors recommended on that site is Rev. Anthony Hoekema, who is acclaimed within that community (and by many outside as well).

In his book "The Bible and the Future", Rev. Hoekema writes on p. 155-156 of a "second fulfillment" which in his hermeneutic corresponds to the actual physical destruction of Jerusalem. He specifically acknowledges the flight of the Judeans to the mountains which would, and did, literally occur.

Rev. Hoekema does not discard the reality of a literally fulfilled prophecy, and replace it with a completely spiritualized future speculation.

Why do you?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The "Tony Warren" link travels to a site for Reformed Christian Eschatology.

One of the authors recommended on that site is Rev. Anthony Hoekema, who is acclaimed within that community (and by many outside as well).

Not everyone in Reformed Christian Eschatology or amillennialism agrees on everything. Tony Warren and I hold the same doctrine on Olivet Discourse, while there are some those in Reformed Christians Eschatology think this applies to 70AD based on "end of the ages". I only teach from Scripture, not "acclaimed teachers". Tony allows some books that he does not agree with doctrinally to be placed on his page for further studies on another subject that he agrees to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I only teach from Scripture, not "acclaimed teachers".

Wouldn't Rev. Hoekema et al claim the same?

Don't dispensationalists claim the same?

Don't the cults claim the same?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't Rev. Hoekema et al claim the same?

Don't dispensationalists claim the same?

Don't the cults claim the same?

2 Timothy 2:15
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Do most of them really compare Scripture with Scripture and allow it to be its own interpreter instead of following teachers, church traditions, history book, world news?

Doubtfully!

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 2:15
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Do most of them really compare Scripture with Scripture and allow it to be its own interpreter instead of following teachers, church traditions, history book, world news?

Doubtfully!

Christ Himself provides us with a practical example.

Matthew 11
2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Christ did not tell John's disciples, "I am He, just trust Me, go back and tell John". Instead, He based His claim of authenticity on actual literal physical verifiable evidence: The blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor hear the gospel.

Christ did not reject physical verification and validation. He endorsed and used them Himself.

It is entirely legitimate and scriptural to seek literal evidence of the fulfillment of spiritual claims, prophetic and otherwise. We often may not encounter such evidence, but when we do, it can provide credible independent confirmation of the veracity of said claims. And it in no way precludes the reality of spiritual fulfillments when literal physical evidence of fulfillment cannot be identified.

The verifiable physical evidence of the fulfillment of Jesus' predictions in most of Matthew 24 is nothing short of overwhelming.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Christ Himself provides us with a practical example.

Matthew 11
2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Christ did not tell John's disciples, "I am He, just trust Me, go back and tell John". Instead, He based His claim of authenticity on actual literal physical verifiable evidence: The blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor hear the gospel.

Christ did not reject physical verification and validation. He endorsed and used them Himself.

Like it or not, the word of God is the counsel of the wise, and the scriptures are the authority of the prudent. It's not my word that defines "He who hath ears to hear," but God's. You still haven't learned the difference.

Proverbs 12:15
  • "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise."
Moreover, to humor you I did give the scriptures illustrating just how absurd it was, since you insisted upon Biblical proof. You asked for it, you got it, you completely ignored it. But make no mistake, I had "no delusion" that you would bow to authority of scripture. That is in the hands of God, not something done by my witness. It is typical of rebellion against God's word to not have ears to hear, even though one has ears. Because Christ is not talking about physical ears, but Spiritual ears. Your absurd denials notwithstanding.

Ezekkiel 12:2
  • "Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house."
He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Selah!

Matthew 13:15-16
  • "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
  • But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear."
We hear because we are Spiritually Blessed to hear and Spiritually Blessed to see. God says

Revelation 2:17
  • "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
Why is the Manna hidden, what does the White Stone signify and how can no man know the name unless He has been given the Stone? these things are SPIRITUALLY discerned. So then, God declares (Not me), "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches!" ...what the Spirit saith, not me! No man is going to know the new name written on the white stone no matter how intently he listens. Thus, your argument is "fatally" flawed. He has to have Spiritual ears.

A commentary on which of course is found in the birth of John the Baptist (the fulfillment of this Elijah prophesy) found in:

Luke 1:15-17
  • "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
  • And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
  • And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
Which is the long way of saying, Christ is the healing of the remnant of Israel that they might hear and be saved. This is why He did so many miracles of making the blind see, and the deaf to hear! Not so that people would believe him because of the physical miracles (even though they should have) but because these are signs symbolizing the salvation of Israel. We see Israel should have known by the signs that this was the Messenger of the Covenant sent to redeem Israel. the healing of the sear of the servant of the High Priest of Israel, just another "sign" of the ministry of Christ. You may also see this in the episode of John the Baptist desiring to know if Jesus was the Messiah/Christ. Jesus' answer was of the "SIGNS." Selah. Now, please notice what disciples have asked Jesus:

Matthew 11:2-6
  • "Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
  • And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
  • Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
  • The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
  • And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me."
Healing of the ear was just another "sign" that Christ was the one who was prophesied to come that the remnant of Israel might hear. This is the Messenger of the Covenant which Malachi speaks of as Coming with Healing for Israel. The same healing for Israel that Christ signified by healing the ear of him who came against him with staves and sword. i.e., this man didn't deserve a healing, he deserved the swift judgment of the sword, signified by Peter lopping off his ear. But Christ took this one man who least of all deserved it, and healed him simply by Grace! And this is the same spiritual picture that permeates all of scripture. For example, Barabbas, a criminal guilty as sin, was set free instead of Christ's (his name actually means Son of the father) a "sign" or spiritual picture of Israel being the one worthy of death, but being set free because Christ was condemned to death in his stead. Set free because he was one of a remnant who was a "son of the father." Selah!

So let me ask you, have you physically helped blind man to see? A deaf man to hear? A lepers or anyone with cancer to clean? Have you resurrected someone physically? Of course not? That is not the point! Christ did the physical "miracles" to prove that He is Messiah, nothing more. He does not need the physical city of Jerusalem to be destroyed by ROman Prince to prove a point since he already started a new covenant with the Church, SPIRITUALLY! You missed the point!

Now I realize that not everyone will get this, accept it, nor even understand it, nevertheless, it is the Spiritual truth of scripture. Just a small snippet of the intricacies of scripture, and just one of a million reasons why no man or group of men could have ever written the Holy Bible. Only the mind of God could inspire such a book.

Bottom line, Christ healed the remnant of Israel, not all Israel. Unless we mean, all the Israel of God, which is all who are Chosen.

Isaiah 10:20-22
  • "And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth. The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God. For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant
    of them shall return
    :
    the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness
    ."
So, to make a long story short, Jesus suffer me thus far and healed the servant of the high Priest to symbolize that though they come against him with swords and staves, yet a remnant of Israel should be healed and hear.

"Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: -Romans 9:27"

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there are. You just lack spiritual discernment. The fallen stones are the "bad stones", they speak of professed believers. You don't believe because you are thinking carnally.

It would be best if we do not go down the path of accusation against our Brothers and Sisters who may disagree with us on the interpretation of a passage.
Doing so shows the weakness of our argument.

All of us must be willing to yield to correction by others if it is shown that our interpretation is not correct, based on scripture.
The ability to take correction reveals spiritual discernment.

Paul had to correct Peter in relation to the Galatian believers. We should expect the same.
Just like us, Peter was not perfect.

Is the word "stones" found in the following passage?

2Ti 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2Ti 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
2Ti 2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
2Ti 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
2Ti 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
2Ti 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
2Ti 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
(Paul used the word "house" instead of "Church" here. Those truly in the Church are not made of wood, etc. There may be those in your building on a worship day, which are not truly those who have been "born again" of the Spirit of God. My friend used to be one of them. A Church is not a building. A house is a building.)

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
2Ti 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Sadly, there will always be those who give a false profession of faith and lead others astray.
I have a friend who was a Sunday-School teacher at his local church for many years before he finally came to faith in Christ. The churches today are filled with these people.

In the letter above Paul is warning Timothy about this type of person.
Nowhere in the passage does Paul use the word "stone".

I love you, Brother.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0