Christian
Marital Status
Married
How tulc gets pressed:

B0000U7ENG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Upvote 0
F

Foon Nerfdahl

I can't say that I like Liberal Theology.

It seems that far too many "Liberals" have come only part of the way out of FundaGelicalism and are quite self-satisfied in that small progress.

It's too easy to pat each other on the back and bask in the excited hatred of the Fundies and feel that you MUST have come a long, long way when you've only taken a few small steps.

I call it the Martin Luther Syndrome.

Keep on seeking, fat and happy seekers.

The Journey is long.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Foon Nerfdahl said:
I can't say that I like Liberal Theology.

It seems that far too many "Liberals" have come only part of the way out of FundaGelicalism and are quite self-satisfied in that small progress.

It's too easy to pat each other on the back and bask in the excited hatred of the Fundies and feel that you MUST have come a long, long way when you've only taken a few small steps.

I call it the Martin Luther Syndrome.

Keep on seeking, fat and happy seekers.

The Journey is long.

for me, this is actually one thing i love the Liberal Theology Forum.

we get to witness people's transitions and progression in their own life through the discussions.

like myself, when i first started posting here, i was in a different stage of my faith/spirituality than what i am now. my posts showed that. and now my posts show me where i'm at. and there are a few people here on CF, that everytime i see a post of theirs, it's almost like i have to read it. a couple of them aren't here anymore on CF but i can still contact them through email, and a few i have contacted through email already. so it actually becomes what CF's whole intent seems to be...bringing the body together...fellowship, even if we aren't facing each other face to face.

another big aspect of the Liberal Theology forum that i like is the bluntness of discussion. i'm so tired of candy coated discussion. i love critical discussions. even the few people that come here sometimes and posts here that aren't liberal and fundamentalists, i enjoy sometimes the abrasive dialogue. now at the same time, it gets old too. i guess it is depending on context. but i believe we can be civil, blunt and even abrasive and not make personal attacks on each other. i get the sense that the GA forum is slightly the same. but here, this is strictly for liberal theology. and the few non-Christians that come in here and discuss, add blessings to the discussion. to put it simply, i like the honest/blunt discussions going on. seems like there was a stint where things possibly could have been seen to be going out of hand. but even then, at least it was honest...whether it was critical or not. i know i can find it on other forums here on CF but since the Liberal Theology Forum and WWMC is my main area where i discuss at, i'm thankful it's here.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
tulc said:
Ahh, an empty French press. :sigh: Is there anything that looks sadder?? Just ME, looking at an empty french press!
tulc(this is me on a good day:
images
)

The French Press? Is that a political comment on their journalism or a new weight lifting technique? (Not a new sexual position?... gasp!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
True, Liberal isn't really in our vocabulary to describe a religious or political point of view.

I still find it quite bizarre that in America I would be far, far, far to the left, but over here I'm kind of in the middle politically and religiously.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Athene said:
True, Liberal isn't really in our vocabulary to describe a religious or political point of view.

I still find it quite bizarre that in America I would be far, far, far to the left, but over here I'm kind of in the middle politically and religiously.

We all know that Americans are puritanical and Europeans are libertines...;)

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually I am quite fond of Liberal Theology too and you can find me in here and WWMC periodically. When I NEED a good laugh, I come here to find it.

Foon, while I totally appreciate the things you are bringing to the table, and how you stick to your guns, it kind of backfires for me when it is closely followed by poopypants attitude. Honestly, it makes me want to stop listening to what you have to say and move on to more of (tulc)'s antics so I can have a better day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ah.

But then I guess the UK was visited by a whole heap of saints to put us right and liberal. America was too far away to welcome any saints and had to rely on tradition and fear to keep its christianity.

I'm no historian and not very good at being unbiased!!! (esp.in regards to the US(S)A)

Upvote 0

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
FLANDIDLYANDERS said:
Ah.

But then I guess the UK was visited by a whole heap of saints to put us right and liberal. America was too far away to welcome any saints and had to rely on tradition and fear to keep its christianity.

I'm no historian and not very good at being unbiased!!! (esp.in regards to the US(S)A)
What is a Christian-Soap?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.