Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
#1 i do not choose to believe in annihilation because i WANT it to be true. If that were the case I would choose universal salvation. Also if that were the case I would not have gone many years believing in eternal punishment as being true.

#2 how sweet it is to be able to simply point to a lecture that can describe why I believe it much better than I'd be able to articulate it!! Not to mention that substituting an hour long lecture with writing would be one incredibly LONG post...

I like what he says in the beginning, he tells the audience please don't even make a decision tonight, just chew on the alternative viewpoint that you've probably never heard before.

EDIT...let me add something that will make it more intriguing to wanna watch, I'll list the people that he mentions as ALSO believing in total annihilation, it's probably not too enticing for you guys to read that 'Dirk1540' believes this lol...some of the more accomplished scholars who believe this view...

FF Bruce
John Stott
Michael Green
E. Earle Ellis
Philip E. Hughes
Thomas Olbricht
John McRay
John Stackhouse
Dale Moody
John Franke
Homer Hailey
Thomas L. Robinson
Clark Pinnock
John Wenham
Richard Bauckham
NT Wright

Last edited:

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
#1 i do not choose to believe in annihilation because i WANT it to be true. If that were the case I would choose universal salvation. Also if that were the case I would not have gone many years believing in eternal punishment as being true.

#2 how sweet it is to be able to simply point to a lecture that can describe why I believe it much better than I'd be able to articulate it!! Not to mention that substituting an hour long lecture with writing would be one incredibly LONG post...

I like what he says in the beginning, he tells the audience please don't even make a decision tonight, just chew on the alternative viewpoint that you've probably never heard before.
Or is hell a kind or type of reincarnation (or soul recycling) back into this kind of existence, and never getting into the next kind of existence...?

Hence, eternal torment, that is like a burning fire that never gets put out and never ends, cause you never transcend into a heavenly kind and type of existence...

Forever doomed, forever suffering, sorrow, misery, suffering and anguish...

Hell being symbolic of this realm and this kind of existence eternally, or until this universe ends...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or is hell a kind or type of reincarnation (or soul recycling) back into this kind of existence, and never getting into the next kind of existence...?

Hence, eternal torment, that is like a burning fire that never gets put out and never ends, cause you never transcend into a heavenly kind and type of existence...

Hell being symbolic of this realm and this kind of existence eternally, or until this universe ends...

God Bless!

I will admit that I would like that to be Hell. Oh and I'll take Tom Brady's recurring life please lol.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recently I have been thinking that God is such a bright, burning light of love, holiness, beauty, truth, mercy (and all other good things) that a person coming into such a Holy presence could be burned up by it. Maybe it would annihilate a thoroughly impure person who was full of darkness. Maybe it would feel like burning for an eternity. Maybe those with similar properties of love, light etc. could withstand it, although falling directly down before it in awe. Maybe it would burn in a purifying way and then reincarnation would occur. Maybe even an angel is so pure that this could happen. Maybe Mary could withstand the purity of Angel Gabriel because she was very pure. Maybe Sodom was burned by the purity of the angels because they were just so full of dark, negative energy.
These are just things I muse on of course. I don't claim to know anything :D

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Recently I have been thinking that God is such a bright, burning light of love, holiness, beauty, truth, mercy (and all other good things) that a person coming into such a Holy presence could be burned up by it. Maybe it would annihilate a thoroughly impure person who was full of darkness. Maybe it would feel like burning for an eternity. Maybe those with similar properties of love, light etc. could withstand it, although falling directly down before it in awe. Maybe it would burn in a purifying way and then reincarnation would occur. Maybe even an angel is so pure that this could happen. Maybe Mary could withstand the purity of Angel Gabriel because she was very pure. Maybe Sodom was burned by the purity of the angels because they were just so full of dark, negative energy.
These are just things I muse on of course. I don't claim to know anything :D
Awesome thoughts... And good questions...

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that many people will be saved that according to us would be hell-bound, or unsaved Christians.

Nevertheless I believe that total annihilation is what is in store for apostate Christians, who tasted the graces of the Spirit, and actually experienced the benefits of the Christian life.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!
That sounds new age to me, careful with those influences.

Upvote 0

agapebondservant

Jul 20, 2017
Gosford
✟9,817.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

EDIT...let me add something that will make it more intriguing to wanna watch, I'll list the people that he mentions as ALSO believing in total annihilation, it's probably not too enticing for you guys to read that 'Dirk1540' believes this lol...some of the more accomplished scholars who believe this view...

FF Bruce
John Stott
Michael Green
E. Earle Ellis
Philip E. Hughes
Thomas Olbricht
John McRay
John Stackhouse
Dale Moody
John Franke
Homer Hailey
Thomas L. Robinson
Clark Pinnock
John Wenham
Richard Bauckham
NT Wright

Interesting thoughts in the video ... thx for presenting it here for our viewing.

Am interested to hear your thoughts regarding the brief study I have attached to my reply.

God Bless.

Attachments

• IF GOD COULD SAVE EVERYONE WOULD HE.pdf
    167.3 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 25: KJV
45 "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. {46} And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Revelation 20:KJV

10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 25: KJV
45 "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. {46} And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Revelation 20:KJV

10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
! Thess 2:9 DESTRUCTION EVERLASTING

Upvote 0