Why Haven't major Muslim Leaders Denounced the Terroist?

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
And why are not the sick and perverted Catholic priests excommunicated instead of being transferred from one parish to another? Especially when the leaders know the situation!

And now, they want to keep them from the public, but retain them in their organization. How disgusting! Who would ever want to be part of that?

I don't know. I wish I did. But I don't.

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by lared
Words, words, words.

Why are there no excommunications of terrorists by respective mosques?

Why are suicide bombers and their accomplices not excommunicated rather made into matyrs?

Why were there no mass excommunications during the Iran-Iraqui war when fellow Moslem killed fellow Moslem?

Well, because excommunication doesn't exist in Islam.

Duh.

In recent news, in northern Nigeria, a woman is to be stoned to death for commiting fornication under Islamic law? Which is more deplorable......what she did or the plotting and training of killing innocent people or even one's own fellow Moslem in terrible ways?

And in the USA, there are christians who want to stone gays, lesbians and witches. What do you think of that?

They are part of the world and it is a wicked disgusting religion.

Who? The christians?

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by Pray4Isrel
Remember that in Islam religion and politics go hand in hand.
A Muslim will not seperate the two. The way their countries are run are in accordance to the belief systems of the religion.

IF true....then how is that different from what the Christian Coalition, or Focus on the Family want, for the USA?

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by Pray4Isrel
They rarely openly denounce attacks and when they do it's because they are forced to for political reasons. In all honesty they don't condemn the attacks - they promote them.

No, they do not.

There are extremist groups in all religions. That doesn't mean the entire religion is at fault. Lucky for christians, I might add. :rolleyes:

After all, it's a part of their religion to kill Jews and Christians in the QuRan.

Except that it isn't.

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by kiwimac
So you see quite a number of Muslims have protested the actions of Sept 11 2001. As well it is always dangerous to take verses from a holy book out of context! Read the Qu'ran, don't quote what others have said about it!

Kiwimac

So Kiwimac, in your expert opinion, would you say that christian fundamentalists who make statements that Muslims didn't denounce the 9/11 attack are:

1. simply misguided?
2. poorly informed on news and current affairs?
3. driven by an agenda?

Thank you for your participation in this little questionnaire. :D

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by LouisBooth
*wonders why christianity is always discounted because of the crusades but Islam is never by terrorist acts*

*wonders why Louis would ask such a question, considering how many christians are discounting Islam right now, in this very thread.

Losing your objectivity, Louis?

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Sauron,

Any religion that is part of the world, that is nationalistic, militaristic, political.......I view as a mere puppet belonging to Satan. So, yes, that includes christendom.

And I guess you didn't get the point regarding the Nigerian woman. If she could be stoned under Islamic law..............why aren't those who break Islamic law such as killing innocents in the name of Allah? Other Moslems have posted that such killings are contrary to Islamic law.

And yes, it would be reasonable that anyone claiming to be Christian would be excommunicated for having or giving an abortion or molesting children. But they are not.....and so there are many that are leaving such hypocritical religions and looking elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
Originally posted by lared
Sauron,

Any religion that is part of the world, that is nationalistic, militaristic, political.......I view as a mere puppet belonging to Satan. So, yes, that includes christendom.

Fine.&nbsp; I just couldn't figure out, from your comment, what you were driving at.

And I guess you didn't get the point regarding the Nigerian woman. If she could be stoned under Islamic law..............why aren't those who break Islamic law such as killing innocents in the name of Allah? Other Moslems have posted that such killings are contrary to Islamic law.

No, I got the point about the Nigerian woman.&nbsp; What you don't seem to understand is that the people killing innocents aren't Nigerian.&nbsp; If they were, then maybe the Nigerian govt would act under Islamic law here, and punish them.

The 9/11 attackers&nbsp;aren't under the control of any national govt, and can't be reached by a govt for the purpose of being punished.&nbsp; And since the particular twisted clerics that they listen to happen to agree with the actions, they aren't likely to be punished by those clerics, either.

And yes, it would be reasonable that anyone claiming to be Christian would be excommunicated for having or giving an abortion or molesting children. But they are not.....and so there are many that are leaving such hypocritical religions and looking elsewhere.

I didn't say anything about these issues, did I?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Are you accusing me of being duplicitous, Louis?"
no no, not at all!! I was just saying how people always say that christians can't use the "they weren't acting like christians thing" but say Mulsums have full licience to. don't you think that is a bit double standardish?

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
"Are you accusing me of being duplicitous, Louis?"
no no, not at all!!

Actually, I believe you were. Your comment was directed specifically at me, and you accused me.

I was just saying how people always say that christians can't use the "they weren't acting like christians thing" but say Mulsums have full licience to. don't you think that is a bit double standardish?

You have it backwards.

If christians can excuse the actions of fellow believers by saying, "Oh, but they weren't really true christians", then I see no problem with muslims pulling the same trick.

I'm sure that upsets the fundies, to realize that their own lame excuse is being used against them. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Actually, I believe you were. Your comment was directed specifically at me, and you accused me."

then your perception was wrong.

"If christians can excuse the actions of fellow believers by saying, "Oh, but they weren't really true christians", then I see no problem with muslims pulling the same trick."

Okay, that's fine. I'm willing to accept both, but most nonchristians aren't. There was a thread about it awhile ago. What's really funny is that they calimed that people killiing like hitler and him claiming to be christian shot down christianity.

wow..we agree..first time for everything huh?

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
"Actually, I believe you were. Your comment was directed specifically at me, and you accused me."

then your perception was wrong.

No, I don't think so.

I think what happened is that you simply realized that, as a moderator, you were treading on thin ice by accusing a participant of duplicity. So you changed your story in mid-stream, to save your posterior.
[/quote]

"If christians can excuse the actions of fellow believers by saying, "Oh, but they weren't really true christians", then I see no problem with muslims pulling the same trick."

Okay, that's fine. I'm willing to accept both, but most nonchristians aren't.

Sorry; I don't believe your claim. Do you have some proof that most nonchristians aren't willing to accept this?

From what I've seen, non-christians are FAR more tolerant of other views than christians are. Its' you people who have the control freak complex, after all.

There was a thread about it awhile ago. What's really funny is that they calimed that people killiing like hitler and him claiming to be christian shot down christianity.

Hitler did claim to be christian. It's easy to look up. HE was still a monster. But what he claimed as far as religion goes, is fairly easily verified.

wow..we agree..first time for everything huh?

We don't agree. Just more proof that you aren't paying attention during the debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"No, I don't think so. "

*chuckles* Sauron, I was not making the post towards you, are you a mind reader now? The post was made after kiwimac's post and he asked me about it and I explained. Why did you think it was about you?

"Do you have some proof that most nonchristians aren't willing to accept this?"

Sure check the archives about witchcraft. We had a long talk about it in one of the forums. you can start by reading this thread
http://www.christianforums.com/show...246&perpage=10&highlight=witches&pagenumber=8

"Hitler did claim to be christian. It's easy to look up. HE was still a monster. But what he claimed as far as religion goes, is fairly easily verified."

Exactly, and his actions proved that he wasn not one.

"We don't agree. "

Whatever you say sauron, you're always right, in your own mind anyway ;)

Upvote 0

Sauron

Jun 14, 2002
Seattle
✟2,482.00
"No, I don't think so. "

*chuckles* Sauron, I was not making the post towards you, are you a mind reader now?

I don't have to be. I made the previous post; you responded to it. You were responding to ME. And I don't appreciate it.

"Do you have some proof that most nonchristians aren't willing to accept this?"

Sure check the archives about witchcraft. We had a long talk about it in one of the forums. you can start by reading this thread
http://www.christianforums.com/show...246&perpage=10&highlight=witches&pagenumber=8

Insufficient as always. Your claim was that most non-christians wont' accept the principle we're talking about. The thread you posted does not support your claim.

Would you like some instruction on how to support a claim, Louis?

"Hitler did claim to be christian. It's easy to look up. HE was still a monster. But what he claimed as far as religion goes, is fairly easily verified."

Exactly, and his actions proved that he wasn not one.

I guess that depends on how one defines christian. There are a handful of christians today who agree with him, and they point to the bible for their justification.

I may not agree with them. But the final point remains that YOU, of all people, are not the abitrator of who is, or is not, a christian. THe most you can say is that a particular set of beliefs is, or is not, part of the christian mainstream of beliefs. But saying whether or not someone is a christian is quite beyond your abilities.

"We don't agree. "

Whatever you say sauron, you're always right, in your own mind anyway ;)

If I agreed with you, don't you think that I (of all people) would know it?

Trust me - we do not agree.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I don't have to be. I made the previous post; you responded to it. You were responding to ME. And I don't appreciate it."

Nope I wasn't. I neither quoted you, nor posted right after you, so again what makes you think I was responding to you?

"Would you like some instruction on how to support a claim, Louis?"

Nope, thanks, had instrustions from people far better then you in the matter. That does support my claim perfectly. Did you not read it?

9 min to post here and in another forum plus read that thread? wow, you must be a speed reader!

"I guess that depends on how one defines christian. There are a handful of christians today who agree with him, and they point to the bible for their justification. "

Ahh..true I, as does this board am talkig about historical christianity. According to the bible he didn't follow christ's teachings at all, so I think its safe to say he isn't a chrisitian. If you want to back up your claim and prove he acted like one then go for it. If not, we can assume he was not one.

"But saying whether or not someone is a christian is quite beyond your abilities."

Here I must disagree, for my defination is that of historical christianity, which he doesn't fit in the least. If you would like to prove he does, then go for it.

"If I agreed with you, don't you think that I (of all people) would know it?

Trust me - we do not agree."

Yup, as I said, you're always right sauron, in your own mind anyway ;)

Upvote 0