• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Why hasn't Jesus come back yet?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by mindlight, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Copperhead

Copperhead Newbie Supporter

+438
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    But even following basic grammatical structure, a "falling away" does not fit the context of the passage.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2 (NKJV) 1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 (NKJV) For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

The verses surrounding 2 Thessalonians 2:3 have a physical departure in view. It is a grammatical error to switch contexts by stating verse 3 has a spiritual departure in view.

2. Oseas

Oseas Well-Known Member

+113
    Brazil
    Christian
    Married
    Final 7 years - THE LAST WEEK

The Beast of sea - Revelation 13:v.1-10
    sea =-> peoples, and nations, and multitudes, and tongues - Rev. 17:v.15

Revelation 13:v.5-7 - the first period of 3.5 years - 1,260 days

5 And there was given unto him - unto the Beast of sea - a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. - 1.260 days

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revelation 13:v.11-18 - the 2nd period of the last week - 1.260 days plus 30 days plus 45 days

Revelation 13:v.11-14 & 2Thessalonians 2

11 And I beheld another Beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a Dragon. ---> a false lamb, a false messiah, AN IMPOSTER, an esoteric and kabbalistic and spiritist messiah -the son of perdition-, a former Cherub.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first Beast -Beast of sea- before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; ... 2Thessalonians 2:v.9-10 & 4 -
    9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

4 - Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. ---> Abomination of Desolation

Daniel 12:v.11-12 & 10

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away - the daily sacrifice of JESUS for forgiveness and salvation of souls finished - , and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 1260 days plus 30 days

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 1.335 days

---- the day 1335 is the day of JESUS's return ----

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

3. witness12

witness12 New Member

+6
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My friend, he has come, and he is come.
    Does the scripture not say the antichrist spirit is the spirit that does not confess Jesus Christ IS come in the flesh?

Christ came in the flesh and Before he ascended he commanded the disciples to tarry in Jerusalem. When they obeyed the Lord their God, a mighty rushing wind came in the upper room and they were filled with the Lord God’s Holy Spirit.

“If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. *I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.* Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and *I in you.* He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest *myself* to him.”
    ‭‭John‬ ‭14:15-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

4. ewq1938

ewq1938 When something is "mind bottling" Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,488
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican

It does fit the context. The passage speaks of a false god who will tell a lie and God will send delusion so they believe that lie. This is the Apostasy. Many people who worshiped the true God will become Apostates and worship the false god.

2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

In this verse Christians are warned to stand fast to what they believe in stark contrast to those who will become Apostates in verse 3.

5. GaveMeJoy

GaveMeJoy Well-Known Member

+658
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    sometimes I hate being here. Hoping it happens before the next 50 or so for me. But the JOY of the Lord is my strength!

6. GaveMeJoy

GaveMeJoy Well-Known Member

+658
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Literally never heard this, don't think it's real.

7. NW82

NW82 Well-Known Member

+520
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    Simple, the fulfillment of prophecy. We are still waiting on certain things to happen. That's a pretty clear indication why.

8. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+2,307
    United States
    Other Religion
    Celibate

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

If you are from the Most High, you are already a walking/living temple. The vessel you call a body is a housing facility; when you die (and if you are Redeemed), you will actually live - going back to the Father, and leaving behind this entire created universe.

We have been given, by the Redeemer, the secrets to escaping hell - which is where we are (grave/separation from the Most High): don't be fooled by the blue sky and decent tasting "food". This plane of existence caters to evil, and we have the knowledge to not be bound by the rulers and principalities that "run" this plane of existence.

9. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+2,307
    United States
    Other Religion
    Celibate
    It's definitely a driving force for the apathetic attitude toward mass death of a nations own people, and razing of the land.

A major world war (and possibly a cracked moon) brings the Masih ad-Dajjal, for example.

Others want to bring about the Antichrist of their particular brand, and close the gates so that no soul can get out, and definitely no Savior can come back in.

10. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,262
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Because Jesus has not returned yet. And because the rapture has not taken place yet.

But this generation will not pass without all of the end times prophecies being fulfilled.

11. Peter J Barban

Peter J Barban Well-Known Member

+755
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus was waiting to see how the Star Wars movies finish up. Having seen the conclusion, he's debating whether to come back at all.

12. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,341
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I've been hearing it for some time. It would be illegal to name names without evidence. I believe many have innocent blood on their hands in their rabid support for Israel.

13. SteveIndy

SteveIndy Active Member Supporter

+171
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    There is one prophecy that signaled the last of the last days and is the return of Israel to its homeland. In 1948 Israel became a nation again and Jesus eluded to that as the last generation, "That generation will not pass away until all be fulfilled." I was born in 1948 and I am 72 years old; I am of that generation which shall not pass away till all be fulfilled. All the players are present, all the pieces are in place, and only a few prophecies need to be fulfilled. I believe the return of Jesus is very, very, close. Look-up for your redemption draws nigh. Even though the Church appears to be healthy it is in full-blown apostasy. Good has become evil and evil good. Very few separate themselves from the world and are in complete conformity to it. The Church's actions and appearance are just like the world. Its divorce rate is the same as the world, it engages in all the same filth as the world. Yes, the Church as a business is doing well but it is not the Church as defined by Christ as His body. The Church loves death and not life. Just recently a Church in Texas was praised for killing a man inside the Church who was attempting to kill others. Jesus was explicit in the Sermon on the Mount that we are to Resist not the evil person, turn the other cheek, pray for our enemies, and give them what they want. He told them how to live and exemplified that life with His own death, the death of His Apostles, and the deaths of very many saints for nearly 300 hundred years until the "Theologians" hijacked the Church, linked it to the state, advised its members to join the military, protect itself from offenders, purchase weapons for self-defense, and praise evil as good and good as evil. The true Church has never been big and loud, it has always been small as in "My little flock." The true Church has always been persecuted and despised, where do you see that today? Those who promote turning the other cheek and not resisting the evil person, who do not vote or get involved in government, those who will not condemn their enemies in courts of law but instead forgive them, those who do not purchase or carry guns for protection, and those who do not watch the filth and violence on TV are considered weird and out of touch, and if they point out the inconsistency of the commercial Church they are persecuted. The end is near and while the commercial Church is gathered together to fight against the returning Christ the "few" will be rescued by their Savior.

14. Randy777

Randy777 Well-Known Member

+234
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    God parked Israel in Egypt 400 years until the sins of the nations living in the land God promised Abraham reached full measure. Than their judgment came. 2000 years or more is reasonable for the whole world then before the judgment will come. God is a loving, patient and just God.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,629
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The Holy Spirit has already been revealed to believers and is improving their lives. Miracles have happened in my lifetime. According to Matthew 24 the second coming of the son of God will be fast like lightening flashing from one end of the sky to the other. First the Gospel must be preached to all nations. God has been hidden from some and revealed to others. Why do people complain Jesus has not returned in 2000 years? It is difficult to do what God wants anyway. They want God to do for them what they want. Some who are obese crave more food. Others are malnourished and can not have a slice of bread. Some live in homes full of empty bedrooms, others slept on city sidewalks or heating grates. Many can not perceive God. The world has been millions of years in the making. This creation has taken more than six days. God is working seven days a week to make the world a better place. Are you?

16. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,539
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Well, I haven't heard it either... First time is your post...

From what I have read and been taught.. the north are to invade Israel... not Israel nuking all it's neighbors...

17. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,341
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This is Dispensationalism. It began in the 1800s and contradicts much of scripture It has no direct link to scripture but uses scripture out of context to support its theory. Not tied to historic Christianity. You need to study opposing views because of it's mind boggling twists and tangles.

18. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Disciple Supporter

+4,308
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Cause He is patient with us, not desiring that any should be perish or be destroyed (permanently, etc) but that they might, (all if possible), attain to repentance, etc, and, (all if possible), be saved eternally, etc...

That's why, etc...

It still remains to be seen just who and how many, and/or how many and who specifically might be able to be saved still, etc...

So we have to wait until that, and all of that, etc, can be decided and/or determined for sure, etc...

And that is actually a very good thing for all of us right now, etc...

Means we still have time right now, etc...

God Bless!

19. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Disciple Supporter

+4,308
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    That is, until the "Holy Spirit" can or does or is able to decide and/or foresee/decide/determine this all for sure, etc, then time will be up, etc...

But right now we still have some time still, etc...

How much or how little no one knows right now, except Him (The Holy Spirit) or Them (The Trinity), etc...

God Bless!

20. lsume

lsume Well-Known Member Supporter

+495
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He came to me as a thief in the night about 30 years ago and hasn’t left me since.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List