SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think I understand, but God is only as active with us a we are active with Him. If we are asking God's opinion on everything then He is more then happy to give it. He comes when we call. He knows that we need His comfort every day. That is why He tells us to pray without ciecing. So that we will have constant comunication with Him and He will be able to help us on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by SnuP
Pray without ciesing.  If God wants us to pray without ciesing, then what are we going to be praying about all of that time.

I believe that God is telling us to have a conversation with Him every moment of the day.  And, I have experience the reality of that conversation.  It is wonderful.  You never loose touch with God.  You never feel like God has left.  And every need that arises no matter how small, is met.  It is wonderful.

That is my experience with God too SnuP.  I know that a lot of people believe that God is not concerned about us in those minute areas, but He is. 

In the Song of Solomon we see a wonderful parrallel between their relationship and our relationship with Jesus.  As we read, we see that He takes a great interest in every detail of her life.  It's not that He does not already know the details, but He wants her to talk to Him.

One of my favorite parts of that book is the second chapter, verses 8-16.    Amplified: [Vividy she pictured it] The voice of my beloved [shepherd]! Behold, he comes, leaping upon the mountains, bounding over the hills. [John 10:27]

My beloved is like a gazelle or a young hart. Behold, he stands behind the wall of our house, he looks in through the windows, he glances through the lattice.

My beloved speaks and says to me, Rise up , my love, my fair one, and come away.

For, behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone.

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing [of birds] has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.

The fig tree puts forth and ripens her green figs, and the vines are in blossom and give forth their frangrance, Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

[So I went with him, and when we were climbing the rocky steps up the hillside, my beloved shepherd said to me] O my dove, [while you are here] in the seclusion of the clefts in the solid rock, in the sheltered and secret place of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.

[My heart was touched and I fervently sang to him my desire] Take for us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards [of our love], for our vineyards are in blossom.

[She said distinctly] My beloved is mine and I am his! He pastures his flocks among the lilies [Matt 10:32; Acts 4:12]

He's called us out from behind our walls.  He tells us that winter (depression and despair) is gone.  He's called us to come away with Him. And when we choose to "go away" with Him, while we are there, He asks to see our face.  IOW He wants us to be honest about ourselves before Him.  And He asks to hear our voice.

Everytime I read that I'm touched by His intense interest in me.   The world does not view me as anybody special, but He does.  Wow!

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"This statement was in reference to John 9, not Job."

okay, well it does EXPLICTLY say that his sickness was not because of his sin nor his parents sin, but so the WORK OF GOD might be displayed in his life. thus it was God's will for him to be sick apart from sin until this point in his life.

"The sin of Adam has affected all of mankind"

I agree, thus the EXCEPTION because Adam was born sinless...or should I say "born".

"Generational curses are still active in the lives of those who live in darkness."

Sure..this is a good place to start...

:"2Ch 25:4 But he slew not their children, but [did] as [it is] written in the law in the book of Moses, where the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin. "

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Stormy
I do not think that God takes an active hands-on part in everyone's everyday life... every second of that life. 

I do, every partical and every fiber of it. He has told me as much. We know that whatever  God is not a part of, is going to be destroyed by fire. So why not be purified of all unGodlyness now, rather than to suffer loss later on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.