✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why God always wants us to be patient?
God always wants us to wait during hard time, why?
Why didn't he take actions immediately?
My thoughts:
1. It develops our character.
2. It asserts His sovereignty - He is God, and not answerable to our commands, and He always knows best.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Agreed, God knows it teaches us patience and endurance. It builds character. I've noticed that during hard times that I pray to the Lord for help...and He does help, but He waits until the last minute before He does. Sort of a, last minute never late thing. I think He does this as a test for us so He can see us hold our faith until the end.

That's why He doesn't take action immediately sometimes. Plus, you gotta remember that a day for the Lord is like unto a thousand years to us, so if the Lord says wait a minute...it could be awhile! Lol.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever seen a child that was immediately given everything it wanted, the very moment it wanted it? Was never told "no" or "wait"?

I haven't, actually, but I've seen what happens when it is merely done too often. And it isn't pretty. Do you think God wants us to become like that?

Besides, it would make for a weak faith. If one always got an immediate and favorable answer, all would be well. But as soon as something happened that wasn't perfect, that person's faith would crumble.

It isn't good for us, bottom line. Though that might not be immediately apparent.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate waiting too, but some things only grow thru testing. If you've never read Rick Yohn's book God's Waiting Room I would recommend it. I read it about 20-30 years ago and it helped me

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While we are out wasting our inheritance on riotous living...God waits patiently and without judgement for us to return. It is only right that we are willing to do the same.

Also, you would find it quite unpleasant if you were to get everything you ask for even within a day of asking for it. You might not like the results or the way it come. Time is a gift for the impatient ......and in patience possess ye your soul.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides, it would make for a weak faith. If one always got an immediate and favorable answer, all would be well.

I happen to believe that asking ans receiving increases faith and not the opposite. And in time, as you become aware of and doers of the laws of God, your requests will come faster....

The ones in danger are those who are rich and feel their riches came through their own doing.....their riches will soon wither away because they are unaware of the source of their supply.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I happen to believe that asking ans receiving increases faith and not the opposite. And in time, as you become aware of and doers of the laws of God, your requests will come faster....

The ones in danger are those who are rich and feel their riches came through their own doing.....their riches will soon wither away because they are unaware of the source of their supply.

Yes, I agree that answered prayer can increase faith. :)

However, we can't put God on our timetable or make demands. Sometimes it happens that answers come more quickly to those in spiritual infancy, and more perseverance is required of those who are more experienced. God deals with us as individuals, and so it doesn't always look the same. :)

My point was more that God doesn't treat us like parents who spoil their children, but the OP didn't give a lot of context, so it's easy to misread. Thanks for giving me a chance to clarify a bit.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because we learn from the hard times. Look at this way.....

When you work out (physically) you put stress on your muscles and in the process, they grow and get stronger. Well, it is the same thing in the spirit... only when we are stressed do our spiritual muscles (if you will) get stronger and grow. We often have to go through the hard times to be effective in the good times.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hello and God bless

Lets see what the word of God says.

Better a patient person than a warrior,
one with self-control than one who takes a city.
Proverbs 16:32 | NIV

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 | NIV

Romans 5:2-4New International Version (NIV)
2 through whom we have gained access boast in the hope also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God's Word says that these trials are to increase our faith and for spiritual growth.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How do I know how long I have to wait until God answers my prayer?
Don't look at it that way. How long.

Just keep telling yourself "God's got this"

Is your prayer and the answer critical to your life or are you just impatient?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hello.

In order to get your prayers answered you need to build a relationship with God.

An advantage is to be in tune with the Holy Spirit.

God has to work with ppl and ppl make the world work. Sometimes it takes as long as it takes for all the pieces to fit.

Suffering, patience, hope, faith and love.

These all go together to produce a christian who will endure to the end of time. This christian will come out the other side stronger and un breakable!

A defeated christian gives up. A confident christian hangs in there and continues to.

Cheers and God bless

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just suppose that you have a very bad temper and you yell, shout and scream at someone. Won't it do more harm than good for your own reputation? Won't you lose your friends or even your loved ones that way?
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue. Proverbs 17:28

• Prayers
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It depends too on what you are praying for.

Be sure you are not waiting for God to do something you need to have a part in yourself.

For example, Paul says he runs the race, he subdues his body, he works out his salvation. If it is something you are supposed to be working on, it does no good to just wait on God.

And sometimes we don't get everything we pray for. Maybe it is better for us, or someone else, that we don't. Paul prayed repeatedly for the "messenger of Satan" to be taken away from him, but God's answer was to hope in God's grace, and let that be his source of strength, because God wasn't going to to remove it.

Upvote 0