Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh my, you make so many errors I do not know which one you made this time. But with your history I am sure it is a lulu.

It's ok to just admit you don't understand about the Leaky's and the pigs....

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
first: have you read my opening post? by the way english isnt my native so i may not understand some words here and there in general:
We all read the bad errors in your opening post, xianghua. We have been explaining those errors to you for almost 3 months now and you are repeating them.

Evolution is a scientific theory that makes predictions that can and have been tested.
29+ Evidences for Macroevolution - The Scientific Case for Common Descent

Finding an earlier fossil of a type of dinosaur (New dinosaur found in the wrong place, at the wrong time) is not finding a Precambrian rabbit.

Science is driven by evidence. Finding more evidence changes science, e.g. places the evolution of a type of dinosaur further back than previous fossils showed.

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
but any fossil will fit the theory. even a 100 my human.
Yet another bad error, xianghua. This is human evolution. Homo sapiens has existed for ~315,000 years. An imaginary "100 my human" will not fit the existing evidence and will be evidence against the theory.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
funny but we can still made an explanation to a 200 my old bear.
Repeating a "200 my old bear" error does not make it any more correct, xianghua.
We have millions of named fossils that support evolution.
If we found your imaginary "200 my old bear" or your imaginary "100 my human" or any other imaginary fossils that you come up with , then that would be evidence against evolution. But then we have those millions of named fossils.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
It's ok to just admit you don't understand about the Leaky's and the pigs....
We know what your post sounded like, Justatruthseeker:
Is this a insult of Louis Seymour Bazett Leakey, Justatruthseeker, by accusing of him being so ignorant that he did not know that the misidentification of Nebraska man as an ape was retracted in 1927?
That "the Leaky's" extends the question to Mary Douglas Leakey. The Olduvai Gorge research started in 1951 and was carried out by a large group of scientists over the years. The confirmed dating of the fossils was via dating the beds they were found in by geophysicists.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
funny but we can still made an explanation to a 200 my old bear. we just can push back bears like we push back any other fossils.

You mean your imaginary evidence against evolution that doesn't exist?

Why in the world are you trying to claim that evolution is wrong because we'd try to explain away imaginary evidence that doesn't exist?

Post some actual evidence or drop the subject.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
You start off with an incorrect claim. A fossil out of place does not necessarily falsify the theory. An extreme case would, but the one that you cited was nowhere near being an extreme case.

but if we agree that we can push back fossils then we can push back any fossil and this is a real problem. we can push back tetrapod fossil even to about 500my and it will be just ok with the theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
The first primates did not appear until roughly 63 million years ago if I remember correctly. A 100 million year old man would tell us that something was seriously wrong with the theory.

in this case we will push back primates evolution. so the first primate will push back to about 105-110 my and human to about100. no problem here.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Yet another bad error, xianghua. This is human evolution. Homo sapiens has existed for ~315,000 years. An imaginary "100 my human" will not fit the existing evidence and will be evidence against the theory.
so where is the limit that we can push back human? give me a specific number please.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
You mean your imaginary evidence against evolution that doesn't exist?

Why in the world are you trying to claim that evolution is wrong because we'd try to explain away imaginary evidence that doesn't exist?

who said that evolution is wrong because we cant falsify it? i just said that its unscientific. and so far you just proved my claim.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
who said that evolution is wrong because we cant falsify it? i just said that its unscientific. and so far you just proved my claim.
Is your claim that Humans designed humans?
Because that is the only claim you have proved with your own words.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
but if we agree that we can push back fossils then we can push back any fossil and this is a real problem. we can push back tetrapod fossil even to about 500my and it will be just ok with the theory.
Nope, that is patently wrong. Pushing back a fossil so far that it breaks phylogeny would doom the theory. This was merely a case where a specific type of dinosaur appeared a bit earlier than was thought. Or at least so it seems. If one pushed it back before the forerunners of dinosaurs appeared that would be a problem. This, not so much. You will notice that no one is bemoaning this finding claiming that it threatens the theory, that is because it does not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
in this case we will push back primates evolution. so the first primate will push back to about 105-110 my and human to about100. no problem here.

Nope, you are grasping at straws now by making false claims about scientists. One needs the forerunners to species. If the forerunners are found and a species is found to exist before them then the theory is in trouble. Nothing like that has happened.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
in this case we will push back primates evolution....
If we are indulging in irrelevant fantasies, why not push back primate evolution to 4 billion years, xianghua :p?

The point remains that fantasies about fossils are not real fossils and mean nothing. Making claims about what you imagine scientists would accept just makes things worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
but if we agree that we can push back fossils then we can push back any fossil and this is a real problem.....
Persisting with errors, xianghua. There is no "we" - this is your own personal misconception about the fossil record, evolution and science.

For everyone else in the thread, we can push back fossils as far as real physical evidence allows. That is called scientific progress. We find an earlier fossil of a type of dinosaur as in your erroneous OP and that pushes back the evolution of that type of dinosaur. This is not a problem for evolution.

Fantasies about finding bear or human of other fossils tens or hundreds of million of years before the currently earliest fossils are never a problem for evolution.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
so where is the limit that we can push back human? give me a specific number please.
OK. I will indulge this irrelevant fantasy yet again and give an equally irrelevant number of 13.8 billion years :D!

The point remains that fantasies about fossils are not real fossils and mean nothing. Making claims about what you imagines scientist would accept just makes things worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
i just said that its unscientific. and so far you just proved my claim. ...
Still extremely wrong, xianghua, because this is evolution (a scientific theory). No one in this thread has proved a story that evolution is unscientific.
Fantasies about fossils that have not been found are not real physical fossils and say nothing about evolution.
Fantasies about what people would accept as falsification are not real physical fossils and say nothing about evolution.
Repeating fantasies about the fossil record, evolution and science are not real physical fossils and say nothing about evolution.
Making claims about what you imagine scientists would accept just makes things worse.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.