Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your mistake is to assume your foolishness is of God. ;)
So, you're saying that believing in the Trinity is a foolish assumption on the part of the believer that the doctrine of the Trinity comes from God?

I hate to ask you to put 1 and 1 together, or to connect the dots between our posts, but you're the one that said this, not I.

Feel free to backtrack.

Upvote 0

Simply_Amazing

Who would have thought?
Jul 24, 2011
✟15,492.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So, you're saying that believing in the Trinity is a foolish assumption on the part of the believer that the doctrine of the Trinity comes from God?
I think you're missing a period there.

Although to clarify for you:

Me: Trinity is illogical.
You: The foolishness (illogicality) of God is greater than the wisdom of man.
Me: Your response implies that regardless of how illogical Christian doctrine is, it's still superior because it is of God. Your mistake is assuming what you say (Christian doctrine) is of God.

I don't see the problem. The foolishness part came from the implied point you made when you responded with that particular bible verse.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you're missing a period there.

Although to clarify for you:

Me: Trinity is illogical.
You: The foolishness (illogicality) of God is greater than the wisdom of man.
Me: Your response implies that regardless of how illogical Christian doctrine is, it's still superior because it is of God. Your mistake is assuming what you say (Christian doctrine) is of God.

I don't see the problem. The foolishness part came from the implied point you made when you responded with that particular bible verse.
Let me fix a line of that for you:

Me: Your response implies that regardless of how illogical Christian doctrine is [to me], it's still superior because it is of God. Your mistake is assuming what you say (Christian doctrine) is of God.

Upvote 0

Simply_Amazing

Who would have thought?
Jul 24, 2011
✟15,492.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me fix a line of that for you:

Me: Your response implies that regardless of how illogical Christian doctrine is [to me], it's still superior because it is of God. Your mistake is assuming what you say (Christian doctrine) is of God.
Well no. You should have said that instead of posting a verse that said, quite clearly, that the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of man. (right after I accused Christian doctrine of being foolish)

Since you didn't object, it would have been a good idea to say that you didn't think it was foolish, instead of accepting it. (or implying you did)

Upvote 0

Simply_Amazing

Who would have thought?
Jul 24, 2011
✟15,492.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry, Frenchy, but I 've lostmy glasses, and I'll have to get back with you onthis.

But for teh record, who said I implied I (or anyone) died? :scratch:
^ If this is what happens when you don't have your glasses, try not posting until you find them again. ;)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I buy those things by the dozen
and pay about two or three dollars each for them.
So I do not have to look very long before I find them.
C'est une excellente ... er ... that is an excellent idea!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thought is not really the right word. Its actually just a contradiction that one ends up with when trying to use emotional language without thinking about.

There is no such term other than on some opinion pages.
(That's an informational sentence.)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand why you keep bringing up evolution when we are discussing God's non-intervention policy. The biologist's view of nature accounts very well for the vast amount of suffering and wasteful death we see in the world. Your's doesn't. The only way you can retain your belief in an interventionist God in the face of the vast mountain of evidence presented by history and the world around us that man is on his own, is to wear blinkers.For instance, your example of the fortuitous dry clearing and the disabled man. You attribute this to intervention by God. Yet on that same day many millions of people around the world would have been suffering terrible pain and misery without any relief, and many would have died unpleasant deaths, including deaths in childbirth and infants of diseases like malaria. But God didn't do anything for them, instead, according to you, He chose to single out your unremarkable case in favour of all the other deserving cases, apparently because you are a selfless Christian who is one of God's good guys. Doesn't that strike you as both ludicrously unlikely and randomly callous?

I know a thing or two about pain both from experience, and from people around me. Not the imaginary knowledge of people on the other side of the globe. Myself and people in my life. Pain is all in your head. Pain is what makes us alive. Pain nerves and pleasure nerves are the same system. Angels have no pain. Dead folks feel no pain.

You are under the illusion that in a "just & fair" world there should be no pain and no death. You are in the wrong world pal.
My "Book" describes in detail why this world is the way it is, why men are the way we are, why God is unable to be here in physical form, why there is suffering in the world, & what we are supposed to do about it.

I fear for your sanity, cause you got nut'in but whining for the rest of your days. Actually, I worry more about the people around you if they have to listen to this sorrow day after day.

As to God answering our needs, He does that for every single person that asks. But don't forget, your solution of a huge morphine drip for every pain in the world , plus the option to never die, would again, not allow us to be human beings.

You seem to fear death a lot. Most likely that's your problem. I see answered prayer as a joy for everyone.
You see it as an insult to humanity. You are in a bad place and I doubt anybody envies your views on life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.