England
✟233,569.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
They claim so called planets near stars sometimes have an orbit that is opposite of other 'planets' orbiting the same star.

This is very interesting. A quick search on Google for 'counter-revolving extrasolar planets' provides evidence both that it is true and that there may be explanations for the phenomenon. It just shows how science is always enlarging our ideas of what is possible.

Reactions: wndwalkr99
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ambassadorOT_zpsb490d551.jpg

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look, just because somebody says they saw something very interesting, you jump in and say its insane and impossible? Do you want the claims of our religion to be judged by the same criterion?
They claim something that is biblically unsound, and that has zero basis in any semblance of fact whatsoever. Try to prove some little so called planet in deep space that orbits the wrong way does so for the reasons they cite!? Total conjecture based on certain beliefs. Falsely called science in every way.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is very interesting. A quick search on Google for 'counter-revolving extrasolar planets' provides evidence both that it is true and that there may be explanations for the phenomenon. It just shows how science is always enlarging our ideas of what is possible.
Post the gist of this supposed evidence! There is none.

I googled what you said and see this lame claim..

"
Stars and planetary systems tend to be born in star clusters rather than forming in isolation, and protoplanetary disks can collide with or steal material from molecular clouds within the cluster and this can lead to disks and their resulting planets having inclined or retrograde orbits around their stars.[3][4] Retrograde motion may also result from gravitational interactions with other celestial bodies in the same system (See Kozai mechanism.) or a near-collision with another planet,[27] or it may be that the star itself flipped over early in their system's formation due to interactions between the star's magnetic field and the planet-forming disk.[28][29]"

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/why-does-the-earth-rotate.7906046/page-51#post-69049987

Obviously they impose and project a belief sytem to explain all we see, and dig up so called explanations only from within that ridiculous little bag o tricks. End of story.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They claim something that is biblically unsound, and that has zero basis in any semblance of fact whatsoever. Try to prove some little so called planet in deep space that orbits the wrong way does so for the reasons they cite!? Total conjecture based on certain beliefs. Falsely called science in every way.

It is difficult for me to see finding an example of two planets out there orbiting a distant star in, amazingly, different directions to be a biblically unsound claim.

Your words are the falsely so called science scripture warns us to avoid.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is difficult for me to see finding an example of two planets out there orbiting a distant star in, amazingly, different directions to be a biblically unsound claim.

Your words are the falsely so called science scripture warns us to avoid.
Orbiting whatevers are not the problem. The problem biblically is the fables that are woven to explain how whatever is orbiting started doing do, the why and the when. The outstanding fail in being able to prove their claims in even the tiniest way testifies to the absurdity of their belief set based models.
If you want to claim that an object that you think is a 'planet' started orbiting a different direction than other objects in the system, then you really do need to do more than invoke strange godless ancient happenstances that you invented based on your religious beliefs alone.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Orbiting whatevers are not the problem. The problem biblically is the fables that are woven to explain how whatever is orbiting started doing do, the why and the when. The outstanding fail in being able to prove their claims in even the tiniest way testifies to the absurdity of their belief set based models.

A most interesting criterion for demonstrating absurdity, and we gleefully note it applies to all your posts.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A most interesting criterion for demonstrating absurdity, and we gleefully note it applies to all your posts.
I do not share the opinion that Jesus did not prove His words, or that His words suggest that the universe formed it's little self.

What is important here is looking at what proof you have for the claims you seem to cherish about how the earth got here and started rotating. Or what proof you have attempted to offer for your claims of why (so called) planets in deep space with retrograde orbits got that way.

Clearly the godless evolution folks appeal solely to belief and can provide not the slightest fact or evidence for either of the claims I cited, which are but a few examples in a sea of made up nonsense that is called science today.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do not share the opinion that Jesus did not prove His words, or that His words suggest that the universe formed it's little self.

What is important here is looking at what proof you have for the claims you seem to cherish about how the earth got here and started rotating. Or what proof you have attempted to offer for your claims of why (so called) planets in deep space with retrograde orbits got that way.

Clearly the godless evolution folks appeal solely to belief and can provide not the slightest fact or evidence for either of the claims I cited, which are but a few examples in a sea of made up nonsense that is called science today.
Since you easily dismiss evidence that would otherwise establish things like the age of the earth and the universe as being well beyond 6000 years, you cannot claim to establish things by "proof" or "evidence" . . . . you show us how you dismiss such things with simple keystrokes. So you can't use them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since you easily dismiss evidence that would otherwise establish things like the age of the earth and the universe as being well beyond 6000 years, you cannot claim to establish things by "proof" or "evidence" . . .
You must provide evidence not just pretend you have some. Gong!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dad, you might want to watch this. It's less than 2 minutes, and is presented by an actual astrophysicist (someone who knows a lot more about the universe than you).

No thanks, I don't like the looks of the woman on the clip.

You have weighed in here already. You claim if I recall (do correct me if I missed something) that-- little sweet balls of almost nothing bashed together to form a planet. All that bashing involved a lot of imaginary momentum so naturally the earth still rotates!!!!

So how did Eve form, and start walking and dancing...bashed by stardust and some angular momentum too? :)

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

You have weighed in here already. You claim if I recall (do correct me if I missed something) that-- little sweet balls of almost nothing bashed together to form a planet. All that bashing involved a lot of imaginary momentum so naturally the earth still rotates!!!!

So how did Eve form, and start walking and dancing...bashed by stardust and some angular momentum too? :)

Wilful ignorance. It's always a waste of time trying to converse with somebody who has earplugs firmly fitted in his ears, and only takes them out to hear what he wants to hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wilful ignorance. It's always a waste of time trying to converse with somebody who has earplugs firmly fitted in his ears, and only takes them out to hear what he wants to hear.
Hey, if you have something you think we need to ignore quit whiningvand post it. Just say the astrophysics fable in your words, using links for reference.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hey, if you have something you think we need to ignore quit whiningvand post it. Just say the astrophysics fable in your words, using links for reference.

Why should you need more links, in addition to the 10,000 million you have already had?

That's being greedy.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why should you need more links, in addition to the 10,000 million you have already had?

That's being greedy.
I could spam links also. The issue is what they say, and what you comprehend that is in them, and can discuss. So there you go Les.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

And the look of the woman has something to do with the validity of the evidence she presents?

Isn't that like me saying you can't possibly have anything important to say because I don't like your display picture? (Although that wouldn't have the sexist overtones, would it?)

Glad to see you've finally realised that I haven't been saying that Earth rotates due to a planetary collision.

Oh, and if you bothered to watch those two videos I posted, you would have seen that both of them said exactly the same thing.

In other words, all of science says that the Earth and other planets rotate due to conservation of momentum as the primordial dust cloud collapsed. No one is saying that the planetary impact caused the Earth to rotate except you.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the look of the woman has something to do with the validity of the evidence she presents?
Lighten up.
Isn't that like me saying you can't possibly have anything important to say because I don't like your display picture? (Although that wouldn't have the sexist overtones, would it?)
By the way I never did buy into that women's lib thing.

Glad to see you've finally realised that I haven't been saying that Earth rotates due to a planetary collision.
So not just molecules but a planet now? What, the planet that we smashed into up and vanished?
Oh, and if you bothered to watch those two videos I posted, you would have seen that both of them said exactly the same thing.

So? It is foolishness with no proof at all. Who cares if ten people say the same thing??
In other words, all of science says that the Earth and other planets rotate due to conservation of momentum as the primordial dust cloud collapsed.
Total imagination, godless conjecture with precisely zero proof.
No one is saying that the planetary impact caused the Earth to rotate except you.
Get your story straight! I don't care what it is just get one and be clear and stick to it.

Upvote 0