Why does the earth rotate?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the fulfilled prophesy pudding.

We already went over this, dad -- the writers wrote in the fulfillment because they had the prophecies in front of them... Matthew even admitted it.

It's not like they were personally there to witness the events -- Luke admitted that.

Now, you ask how would we know if the Spirit of God was in a man long ago? You wouldn't. So don't claim He wasn't.

Neither would you, but that never stopped you from claiming he was.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We already went over this, dad -- the writers wrote in the fulfillment because they had the prophecies in front of them... Matthew even admitted it.
NONSENSE.
It's not like they were personally there to witness the events -- Luke admitted that.
Nonsense. John was there as were others.
Neither would you, but that never stopped you from claiming he was.
The proof is in the pudding and it works. There is power in the words as Jesus said. History also fell into place like a lap dog to Scripture.

Now, when you guys tell a tall tale about imaginary stuff in imaginary time starting the uncreated earth a spinning, that shows you make stuff up.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
NONSENSE.
Nonsense. John was there as were others.

You should probably go and read those two Gospels -- they both explicitly say what I just said they said.

The proof is in the pudding and it works. There is power in the words as Jesus said. History also fell into place like a lap dog to Scripture.

Now, when you guys tell a tall tale about imaginary stuff in imaginary time starting the uncreated earth a spinning, that shows you make stuff up.

You were mentioning nonsense... now you're spouting it.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Those that seek find. Seek.

If God wants me to find him, he shouldn't be hiding.

Check the OP.

Please check post 997, where you claim that you consider the Bible to be accurate because of fulfilled prophecy.

If you don't want to talk about it, don't bring it up.

From your 3rd link....

"n all fairness, there are no true prophecies in the Quran and the ones that Muslims point to fail to be truly prophetic. The claim that the Quran contains dozens of prophecies is based purely on wishful thinking since none of the so called proof texts presented are convincing when taken within the context of the passage in question.

I'd say the same thing about the Bible.

But just as you think that there ARE real prophecies in the Bible, there are plenty of Muslims who believe that there are real prophecies in the Koran.

Let us see some examples of Qur'anic prophecies that has already been fulfilled. One example is a prophecy that occurs in Surah 30 of the Qur'an. In the first six verses Allah promised that the Romans who had just been defeated in the year 615 C.E. would turn around and win a decisive victory within nine years."

Hilarious. Anyone that thinks predicting a war 'within' 9 years is anything like biblical prophesy simply needs to get a grip and look into it.

Well, it really depends, doesn't it? If someone predicted at the start of the Gulf War that there would still be fighting going on nine years later, they'd be considered crazy, wouldn't they?

From your first link

"Whenever there is a withering of the law and an uprising of lawlessness on all sides, then I manifest Myself. For the salvation of the righteous and the destruction of such as do evil, for the firm establishing of the Law, I come to birth, age after age"

Absurd nonsense. This simply is vague balderdash that could never be shown true. The bible prophesies of Cgrist include hundreds of precise details...virgin birth, town, death, Resurrection, rich man's tomb, ride in on donkey as king, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Okay.

Give me an example of one of these incredibly detailed prophecies from the Bible, and then show me with non-Biblical sources how each of those details was fulfilled.

No. You supporters of false science use that word. Most scientists (not in the cultic paleo fields) probably don't abuse it.

Probably? If you don't actually know, then you certainly don't know enough about science to be in a position to decide whether something is scientific or not!

Apparently you do not understand what you read. The solution is to seek God and ask Him in to your heart and life. He can then start to illuminate you.

If you believe really hard in the Invisible Pink Unicorn, then she will bless you with her holy hooves and you will be able to see her.

You say this is nonsense, but I assure you that if you believe in her, you WILL experience her and you will have the undeniable proof you need.

(See, you think it's nonsense when I do it, so why do you expect me to take you seriously when you do it?)

By the way, is the topic about how the earth started rotating and how science knows?

And you have been told already. I told you in the second post, for crying out loud.

But you continue to insist that science says that the Earth rotates because another planet collided with it. You have been told that is not true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

Maybe one day you will join us over here on the scientific side of the fence, where the grass is indeed greener.

It means something is rotten in Denmark. The doctors get free stinky cheese so to speak.

Conspiracy theorist much?

Like where? Let's see your idea of earthly paradise?

Low crime rates, high happiness, good rates of pay, governments that work for the people, not for big business, decent healthcare system...

You see where I'm heading here, doncha?

The warmongering nation you speak of is not biblical in any real way. There are many Christians there, but they are not running anything. The old dream of freedom and prosperity has turned to a nightmare of slavery and fear and death. Never a more antichrist leader in history that I am aware has ever existed.

Yeah, what an antichrist. The jobless rate is down, the American economy is up, gas prices are lower... Clearly, he is driving th4 country into the ground and he must be stopped. *Rolls eyes*

Was it Mark Twain ( or was it CS Lewis?) that said that true Christianity is great, it is just that so few have ever tried it?

And funnily enough, everyone who claims to be a Christian believes they are a TRUE Christian. And everyone who disagrees with their interpretation of Christian is convinced that those people are mistaken.

In other words, it's just: "I'm right and you're wrong!" "No, I'M right and YOU'RE wrong!" "No, I'm right!" "No, I am!"

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You should probably go and read those two Gospels -- they both explicitly say what I just said they said.
Speaking of John, have a gander at this..

1Jo 1:1 - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

Lurkers does this seem unattached and third or fourth party, as mr valentine insinuates?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe one day you will join us over here on the scientific side of the fence, where the grass is indeed greener.
Maybe the grass is greener in heaven, and it is better to take God's word, that chew the cud of science?

Low crime rates, high happiness, good rates of pay, governments that work for the people, not for big business, decent healthcare system...

You see where I'm heading here, doncha?
Some people live in a sort of fool's paradise, thinking their country is better than the next guy's. I think Hitler was inclined in that direction. My take on things is that the whole world lies in wickedness and we need the Prince of Peace soon.

Yeah, what an antichrist. The jobless rate is down, the American economy is up, gas prices are lower... Clearly, he is driving th4 country into the ground and he must be stopped. *Rolls eyes*
One could say that about a North Korean prison also I suppose. Hard labor aplenty, all paid for by gov't...whoopee do. My concerns are the cities full of murdered kids each year their leader advocates for, the blasphemy against Jesus and His word, the terrorist drone murders that have grown in numbers like cancer, the starting of what could be a world war with Russia, that seemed to get going when the US leader was pushing Sodomite living and laws to Putin a few years ago, the loss of Christian values in general in his regime, and etc etc etc etc.
And funnily enough, everyone who claims to be a Christian believes they are a TRUE Christian.
Either we believe in Jesus or not. Jesus gave us the words to be able to check.

And everyone who disagrees with their interpretation of Christian is convinced that those people are mistaken.
Almost always it is not what people who reject Christ feel are things subject to interpretation, but the things they clearly despise.

Come on over to the cool side.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Because he was there and he wrote stuff. First hand stuff. The Christmas Kid made sure there were witnesses.

Cool story, brah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does this have to do with the earth's rotation?
Jesus created the earth, would that not have something to do with how it got here and started to do what it does? I understand you guys obsess over imaginary scenarios like molecule sized particles making the earth, and some residual momentum making it rotate, or etc etc... Give it a rest.

Upvote 0

wndwalkr99

I'd change my mind
Jun 22, 2013
Nebraska
✟13,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Jesus created the earth, would that not have something to do with how it got here and started to do what it does? I understand you guys obsess over imaginary scenarios like molecule sized particles making the earth, and some residual momentum making it rotate, or etc etc... Give it a rest.

Jesus created the earth? LOL. okay. That's a new one.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus created the earth? LOL. okay. That's a new one.
Col 1:16 -For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Joh 1:10 -He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Yes, the world was created by Jesus, science has been lying to you.

The Christian message is all about Jesus, not, as the US president suggested in a Christmas message, about some vague supposed tolerance.

Upvote 0

wndwalkr99

I'd change my mind
Jun 22, 2013
Nebraska
✟13,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Col 1:16 -For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Joh 1:10 -He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Yes, the world was created by Jesus, science has been lying to you.

The Christian message is all about Jesus, not, as the US president suggested in a Christmas message, about some vague supposed tolerance.
My comment, I mean laughter, stands. LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the grass is greener in heaven, and it is better to take God's word, that chew the cud of science?

And maybe the grass is greener in Asgard, and it is better to take Odin's word.

Science is the only thing that we can actually test. And I mean test in a way that everyone gets the same result.

Some people live in a sort of fool's paradise, thinking their country is better than the next guy's. I think Hitler was inclined in that direction. My take on things is that the whole world lies in wickedness and we need the Prince of Peace soon.

I'd agree with this.

And I think the same can be said of religions too.

One could say that about a North Korean prison also I suppose. Hard labor aplenty, all paid for by gov't...whoopee do. My concerns are the cities full of murdered kids each year their leader advocates for, the blasphemy against Jesus and His word, the terrorist drone murders that have grown in numbers like cancer, the starting of what could be a world war with Russia, that seemed to get going when the US leader was pushing Sodomite living and laws to Putin a few years ago, the loss of Christian values in general in his regime, and etc etc etc etc.

Cities full of murdered kids? Citation needed.

Blasphemy against Jesus? Blasphemy is just an excuse to stop people from disagreeing with your ideas. I've always believed that if the ideas can't handle criticism, then they aren't very good ideas. That's why I love science - it encourages us to find flaws in scientifically based ideas so the science can become more accurate.

As for the drone thing, I can't ever agree with war, but you gotta admit that a precisely targetted strike by a drone is better than the old techniques of carpet bombing which is much more damaging to life.

And sodomite laws? Let's not forget that the same part of the Bible that says gay is wrong also says you can't eat pig meat. And how was your Christmas ham?

Either we believe in Jesus or not. Jesus gave us the words to be able to check.

No, he gave you nothing. No part of the Bible was written by Jesus.

Almost always it is not what people who reject Christ feel are things subject to interpretation, but the things they clearly despise.

You mean you want me to use examples that I think are okay, but some people think are wrong based on their interpretation of the Bible?

Come on over to the cool side.

I have.

It's cool thanks to the air conditioner I have, which uses principles discovered and developed by science to keep me cool in the heat of an Australian Christmas.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And maybe the grass is greener in Asgard, and it is better to take Odin's word.
Jesus I know. Evil spirits I know not.
Science is the only thing that we can actually test.
False. They claim so called planets near stars sometimes have an orbit that is opposite of other 'planets' orbiting the same star. I'd have to look that up. but I heard it on the radio lately. Nowthen, how do you propose we 'test' the insane claims and fables science spews out about why that is so??! Impossible. Just like your micro tidbits forming earth, and the residual rotation being the cause of why earth spins now. Total fantasy. Falsely called science.

And I mean test in a way that everyone gets the same result.
I mean you are totally making stuff up.

Cities full of murdered kids? Citation needed.

Blasphemy against Jesus? Blasphemy is just an excuse to stop people from disagreeing with your ideas. I've always believed that if the ideas can't handle criticism, then they aren't very good ideas. That's why I love science - it encourages us to find flaws in scientifically based ideas so the science can become more accurate.
Unborn babies killed are greater in number than any city.. Science facilitates the murders.
As for the drone thing, I can't ever agree with war, but you gotta admit that a precisely targetted strike by a drone is better than the old techniques of carpet bombing which is much more damaging to life.
No. I don't.
And sodomite laws? Let's not forget that the same part of the Bible that says gay is wrong also says you can't eat pig meat. And how was your Christmas ham?
Not any part that applies to anyone on earth except Israel.

No, he gave you nothing. No part of the Bible was written by Jesus.
Yes. His words are in red in many editions. He also promised that His words would be carried down just right. Your baseless doubts have zero currency.

You mean you want me to use examples that I think are okay, but some people think are wrong based on their interpretation of the Bible?
Just be clear.

I have.

It's cool thanks to the air conditioner I have, which uses principles discovered and developed by science to keep me cool in the heat of an Australian Christmas.
Nothing in your household electronics is a result of Noah's time or the former age. That is present state fishbowl science.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The fact that you have not studied something does not mean it is false.

False. They claim so called planets near stars sometimes have an orbit that is opposite of other 'planets' orbiting the same star. I'd have to look that up. but I heard it on the radio lately. Nowthen, how do you propose we 'test' the insane claims and fables science spews out about why that is so??! Impossible. Just like your micro tidbits forming earth, and the residual rotation being the cause of why earth spins now. Total fantasy. Falsely called science.

Actually, this is easily tested.

Since I have explained this concept to you before and you have ignored it, I am not going to explain it again, since you will most likely ignore it again and I don't plan on spending time writing an explanation that will be ignored.

I mean you are totally making stuff up.

Then why does science work the same for everyone if it is just made up?

Unborn babies killed are greater in number than any city.. Science facilitates the murders.

A fertilized egg is not a baby, in the same way that an acorn is not an oak tree.

No. I don't.

So you prefer the killing of innocents alongside the target, do you?

Not any part that applies to anyone on earth except Israel.

So sodomite laws in the Bible don't apply unless you are in Israel? Well, I'm not in Israel, and I'd say you probably aren't in Israel. So why bring it up if you think those laws don't apply?

Yes. His words are in red in many editions. He also promised that His words would be carried down just right. Your baseless doubts have zero currency.

Meaningless. I can write a story and have the main character's words written in red if I wanted to, it means nothing. Having the words in a different colours means nothing except that they are in a different colour.

I can also have the main character say that his words will be carried through the ages without alteration. Again, it means nothing.

Just be clear.

I am.

Nothing in your household electronics is a result of Noah's time or the former age. That is present state fishbowl science.

Irrelevant, since your religion is not being applied in the former age either. This is present age religion against present age science, and present age science is the only one that is getting the results.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
False. They claim so called planets near stars sometimes have an orbit that is opposite of other 'planets' orbiting the same star. I'd have to look that up. but I heard it on the radio lately. Nowthen, how do you propose we 'test' the insane claims and fables science spews out about why that is so??! Impossible. Just like your micro tidbits forming earth, and the residual rotation being the cause of why earth spins now. Total fantasy. Falsely called science. . . . .

Look, just because somebody says they saw something very interesting, you jump in and say its insane and impossible? Do you want the claims of our religion to be judged by the same criterion?

Upvote 0