Why does Matthew 22:30 cause me SO MUCH PAIN?

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if I am made to not marry, that defeats the purpose of sexual desire. The only point of sexual desire is to have sexual relations.
Sexual desire one can control as Paul exemplifies. Again the new heaven is to be our highest goal. Each person has burdens and trials, some are seemingly unbearable. Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you. Also...call upon me in your day of trouble, I will deliver you and though shalt honor me. (Look upward and also look outside yourself and gaze upon the beauty of the Lord's Word to find your answers. The Holy Spirit will guide you to answers and Truth. God Bless and guide and keep you!

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sexual desire one can control as Paul exemplifies. Again the new heaven is to be our highest goal. Each person has burdens and trials, some are seemingly unbearable. Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you. Also...call upon me in your day of trouble, I will deliver you and though shalt honor me. (Look upward and also look outside yourself and gaze upon the beauty of the Lord's Word to find your answers. The Holy Spirit will guide you to answers and Truth. God Bless and guide and keep you!

To be perfectly honest, it makes me less prone to worship God and love God less, not more, when He leaves me with unmet needs.

again, my only way of trying to cope, is to devalue myself so badly, that it "doesn't matter" that I'm unhappy and expect to be unhappy forever.

Taking away a need is not the same as fulfilling one.

What it becomes is "thank you for not making it worse" cause .. that's really all I can do, is.. thanks for not sending me to hell, while feeling like I'd almost rather not exist at all.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: adnan007
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be perfectly honest, it makes me less prone to worship God and love God less, not more, when He leaves me with unmet needs.

again, my only way of trying to cope, is to devalue myself so badly, that it "doesn't matter" that I'm unhappy and expect to be unhappy forever.

Taking away a need is not the same as fulfilling one.
Consider that some fellow brothers in Christ are left destitute all their natural lives, or live maimed and crippled with pain or slaves brutally treated or those tortured for their faith and refuse to recant. You are also surrounded by bold witnesses in the Scriptures and one main reason for Scripture is endurance in the faith. So please do not despair!
Jesus makes it clear that we love and also fear God who can throw you into hell. (Matthew 5:29; Luke 12:5) Hopefully your desires will not overtake your great love and thankfulness to God!

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Consider that some fellow brothers in Christ are left destitute all their natural lives, or live maimed and crippled with pain or slaves brutally treated or those tortured for their faith and refuse to recant. You are also surrounded by bold witnesses in the Scriptures and one main reason for Scripture is endurance in the faith. So please do not despair!
Jesus makes it clear that we love and also fear God who can throw you into hell. (Matthew 5:29; Luke 12:5) Hopefully your desires will not overtake your great love and thankfulness to God!

I am crippled.

But I know in the resurrection I get a new body that will never be crippled again. It makes that easier to bear.

Being on disability, and being physically disabled, I'm too poor to live on my own, and even with money I would still need help with a lot of things, but again, I know one day I won't have to worry about that, God isn't going to leave those needs unmet, I'll be capable of functioning on my own and won't lack food, shelter, water, things like that.

It's companionship and a partner that are unmet needs that are promised to always be unmet, That's the one that becomes impossible to take comfort in and impossible to cope with.

Some people don't have that need, apparently Paul didn't. Good for him.
on the other hand, I do have that need, and it causes suffering to have it unmet and have the promise that it'll always be unmet, with the only "hope" being that need is taken away.

and scripture does not really address that adequately.

Jesus says marriage won't exist. Drops that bomb on people, then just walks away without further elaborating.
in Isaiah 56, God's promise to the Eunuchs is a monument and a name. Just what they always wanted I'm sure, a permanent monument to the fact that nobody but their creator and their parents loved them.

and that's basically it.
That's all there is in scripture on the subject, and the example of the apparently asexual Paul who never had that need, and the example of Jeremiah who was forbidden to marry or have children, and was depressed enough to be called "the weeping prophet", we never know if he actually wanted a wife and children or not, but if he did, that certainly didn't help with his depression did it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am crippled.

But I know in the resurrection I get a new body that will never be crippled again. It makes that easier to bear.

Being on disability, and being physically disabled, I'm too poor to live on my own, and even with money I would still need help with a lot of things, but again, I know one day I won't have to worry about that, God isn't going to leave those needs unmet, I'll be capable of functioning on my own and won't lack food, shelter, water, things like that.

It's companionship and a partner that are unmet needs that are promised to always be unmet, That's the one that becomes impossible to take comfort in and impossible to cope with.

Some people don't have that need, apparently Paul didn't. Good for him.
on the other hand, I do have that need, and it causes suffering to have it unmet and have the promise that it'll always be unmet, with the only "hope" being that need is taken away.

and scripture does not really address that adequately.

Jesus says marriage won't exist. Drops that bomb on people, then just walks away without further elaborating.
in Isaiah 56, God's promise to the Eunuchs is a monument and a name. Just what they always wanted I'm sure, a permanent monument to the fact that nobody but their creator and their parents loved them.

and that's basically it.
That's all there is in scripture on the subject, and the example of the apparently asexual Paul who never had that need, and the example of Jeremiah who was forbidden to marry or have children, and was depressed enough to be called "the weeping prophet", we never know if he actually wanted a wife and children or not, but if he did, that certainly didn't help with his depression did it?
I am sorry for you, don't misunderstand. The Apostle Paul does say he "burned" (presumably with desire for a wife), but says it is his own gift to overlook this in service to God. Can you follow suit? Can you not make it your goal to pray for that desire for God?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry for you, don't misunderstand. The Apostle Paul does say he "burned" (presumably with desire for a wife), but says it is his own gift to overlook this in service to God. Can you follow suit? Can you not make it your goal to pray for that desire for God?

Paul didn't say that he burned with passion himself.
Paul said it's better to marry than to burn with passion.
Paul wished for all men to be like him, apparently unburdened by that passion.

1 Corinthians 7
1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.
9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

3 things of note
1. Being unmarried leaves you weak to temptation of fornication, because you have an unmet need and if you do not have a lawful way to meet it and only have unlawful ways it becomes extremely difficult to deal with. That's why Paul said it's better to get married rather than just be stuck with that unmet need, because it will be a constant temptation to sin otherwise. Imagine being Jewish and in a famine and the only thing to eat was pork and shellfish. Do you sin, or keep being famished and feeling like your stomach is gnawing itself?
2. Paul was not commanding people to live as Eunuchs, he said he spoke by permission rather than commandment. He acknowledges that not everyone is able to do that.
3. If Paul said it was better to marry than to burn, and Paul wasn't married, then Paul wasn't burning with passion, he didn't have that need.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul didn't say that he burned with passion himself.
Paul said it's better to marry than to burn with passion.
Paul wished for all men to be like him, apparently unburdened by that passion.

1 Corinthians 7

3 things of note
1. Being unmarried leaves you weak to temptation of fornication, because you have an unmet need and if you do not have a lawful way to meet it and only have unlawful ways it becomes extremely difficult to deal with. That's why Paul said it's better to get married rather than just be stuck with that unmet need, because it will be a constant temptation to sin otherwise. Imagine being Jewish and in a famine and the only thing to eat was pork and shellfish. Do you sin, or keep being famished and feeling like your stomach is gnawing itself?
2. Paul was not commanding people to live as Eunuchs, he said he spoke by permission rather than commandment. He acknowledges that not everyone is able to do that.
3. If Paul said it was better to marry than to burn, and Paul wasn't married, then Paul wasn't burning with passion, he didn't have that need.
II Corinthians 11:29 in NIV 84 seems to indicate Paul did inwardly burn. In fact he would not easily have been able to instruct the brethren in this regard if he had no knowledge of the the existence of passions of the flesh.However one takes that passage, it is not to say I do not feel for you. I do think you are stuck on your desires though which may make you unfruitful and angry at God. The Bible clearly states that our new bodies are sin free and how great is that? Our wants and needs are completely taken away. Heaven is our goal...a Psalm says, a curse be on me if I do not make Jerusalem my highest goal. That speaks volumes. There are widowed Christians living much the same kind of spiritual life as you...somewhat angry with God because their loved one was taken away and they long for a heaven with marriage and a reunion with their loved one as in marriage rather than what God may have in store for them...we must trust God that heaven is superior to marriage in this life, don't we? We trust God with the difficult things too tough for us to comprehend.
Also, you do not know what God still has in store for you here on earth if you do make amends with Him. Ecclesiastes says, "What a heavy burden God has laid on men!" Chin up! Brace yourself for God's thoughts are not your thought nor His ways your ways...higher than heaven is from the earth are His ways from your ways.
I still believe it is you who needs to change in spirit and trust God to make all things right in your life. That being said I do have mercy on you and shall pray for your happiness and that you will be able to rejoice in your suffering. Philippians says we were not appointed only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him. Are you then not started on the path?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
II Corinthians 11:29 in NIV 84 seems to indicate Paul did inwardly burn. In fact he would not easily have been able to instruct the brethren in this regard if he had no knowledge of the the existence of passions of the flesh.However one takes that passage, it is not to say I do not feel for you. I do think you are stuck on your desires though which may make you unfruitful and angry at God. The Bible clearly states that our new bodies are sin free and how great is that? Our wants and needs are completely taken away.

Taken away.. a very disappointing way to deal with needs vs the way God has in the past dealt with needs, which was to supply for them.
When Adam was lonely God provided first for him pets, then a wife.
When the israelites were hungry in the wilderness, God provided them food.
It is only in the new Testament that God doesn't provide for needs but just declares His grace to be sufficient. Basically just ignore your needs and desires.

Heaven is our goal...a Psalm says, a curse be on me if I do not make Jerusalem my highest goal. That speaks volumes. There are widowed Christians living much the same kind of spiritual life as you...somewhat angry with God because their loved one was taken away and they long for a heaven with marriage and a reunion with their loved one as in marriage rather than what God may have in store for them...we must trust God that heaven is superior to marriage in this life, don't we? We trust God with the difficult things too tough for us to comprehend.
Because it is not good for the man to be alone. Genesis 2:18. Is that somehow less inspired?
Is Proverbs 31 (verses 10 onward) less inspired?
Is Proverbs 18:22 less inspired?

Also, you do not know what God still has in store for you here on earth if you do make amends with Him. Ecclesiastes says, "What a heavy burden God has laid on men!" Chin up! Brace yourself for God's thoughts are not your thought nor His ways your ways...higher than heaven is from the earth are His ways from your ways.

I have an idea of what it is, but you'd call me crazy. But I see a trap springing up all around me and God just telling me to wait. I have a family of unbelievers who almost every time I talk to them they have disdain for Christianity, they tolerate its existence but scoff at it and demean it, and they were raised Catholic, so the gospel falls on deaf ears because they heard it, misunderstood it, and I'm not the best witness. I have no gift for evangelism. I have no doubt that they'd deliver me up.
I'm disabled and rely on the VA for healthcare, they know where I live, and know I have no resources or ability to escape. I'm autoimmune and immunocompromised, so I'm unvaccinated during a pandemic where we are already building or have established "wellness camps".
I'm in a trap, and expect to be detained, maybe to die.
In that case, I'm not to be married because it leaves me less to hang onto in this life, less temptation to give into if I have to die for my convictions.

I still believe it is you who needs to change in spirit and trust God to make all things right in your life. That being said I do have mercy on you and shall pray for your happiness and that you will be able to rejoice in your suffering. Philippians says we were not appointed only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him. Are you then not started on the path?

That is the most likely conclusion I have, that that is what I'm meant to do, suffer for Him and all of this has been conditioning to give me reason to "love not their lives unto death"
It is just very debasing and depressing to think that that's my value to Him, to suffer and die.

Paul was motivated by promise of glory, to share in Christ's glory.
but me.. glory is .. next to wealth the thing I desire least that other people desire.

Heaven is described mostly in terms of glory and symbols of wealth and authority, all things that just kind of make me go "meh".
If I got a crown, I'd cast it at His feet, but not just because He deserves it more than me, but because I feel no attachment to something that just symbolizes wealth, authority, and glory.
It's easy to cast aside something that doesn't mean anything to you.
But I don't expect a crown, or really anything, I expect 1 Corinthians 3:15. If there's anyone living under a bridge on the new earth, it'd be me.

I only believe in what is promised, and make no presumptions of receiving anything else.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taken away.. a very disappointing way to deal with needs vs the way God has in the past dealt with needs, which was to supply for them.
When Adam was lonely God provided first for him pets, then a wife.
When the israelites were hungry in the wilderness, God provided them food.
It is only in the new Testament that God doesn't provide for needs but just declares His grace to be sufficient. Basically just ignore your needs and desires.

Because it is not good for the man to be alone. Genesis 2:18. Is that somehow less inspired?
Is Proverbs 31 (verses 10 onward) less inspired?
Is Proverbs 18:22 less inspired?

I have an idea of what it is, but you'd call me crazy. But I see a trap springing up all around me and God just telling me to wait. I have a family of unbelievers who almost every time I talk to them they have disdain for Christianity, they tolerate its existence but scoff at it and demean it, and they were raised Catholic, so the gospel falls on deaf ears because they heard it, misunderstood it, and I'm not the best witness. I have no gift for evangelism. I have no doubt that they'd deliver me up.
I'm disabled and rely on the VA for healthcare, they know where I live, and know I have no resources or ability to escape. I'm autoimmune and immunocompromised, so I'm unvaccinated during a pandemic where we are already building or have established "wellness camps".
I'm in a trap, and expect to be detained, maybe to die.
In that case, I'm not to be married because it leaves me less to hang onto in this life, less temptation to give into if I have to die for my convictions.

That is the most likely conclusion I have, that that is what I'm meant to do, suffer for Him and all of this has been conditioning to give me reason to "love not their lives unto death"
It is just very debasing and depressing to think that that's my value to Him, to suffer and die.

Paul was motivated by promise of glory, to share in Christ's glory.
but me.. glory is .. next to wealth the thing I desire least that other people desire.

Heaven is described mostly in terms of glory and symbols of wealth and authority, all things that just kind of make me go "meh".
If I got a crown, I'd cast it at His feet, but not just because He deserves it more than me, but because I feel no attachment to something that just symbolizes wealth, authority, and glory.
It's easy to cast aside something that doesn't mean anything to you.
But I don't expect a crown, or really anything, I expect 1 Corinthians 3:15. If there's anyone living under a bridge on the new earth, it'd be me.

I only believe in what is promised, and make no presumptions of receiving anything else.
When the Isrealites murmured against God He was angered and punishments were involved too. There are examples of needs being met and wants not being met. You are speaking of a want...sincerely felt as a need, but a want.
Oh dear, I feel like Job's friends...though Job was trying to figure out what He was being punished for while all along it was a test. It is not wrong to ask God for wants, but remember Him as your first love.
James 4:2-3 gives insight as to how we should pray and why...
You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask, and yet do not receive, because you ask wrongly, so that you may spend it on what gives you pleasure.
Marriage relationships are pleasures especially if you do not put God first. You find fault with God...find peace with Him before you ask and see how He provides you with answers.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When the Isrealites murmured against God He was angered and punishments were involved too. There are examples of needs being met and wants not being met. You are speaking of a want...sincerely felt as a need, but a want.
Oh dear, I feel like Job's friends...though Job was trying to figure out what He was being punished for while all along it was a test. It is not wrong to ask God for wants, but remember Him as your first love.
James 4:2-3 gives insight as to how we should pray and why...
You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask, and yet do not receive, because you ask wrongly, so that you may spend it on what gives you pleasure.
Marriage relationships are pleasures especially if you do not put God first. You find fault with God...find peace with Him before you ask and see how He provides you with answers.

Why I ask is so that I have people to love. It is not for pleasure. But rather to feel connected to people, where right now, I feel isolated, isolated from both the world, and from other Christians. Isolated where the only person I can be sure truly understands me, is Jesus. It's on the outside looking in for everything, Jesus may stand by me, but we're both on the outside looking in then.

But for pleasure? No.
I believe God can give pleasure
Funny thing is a lot of the way that Christians describe their imaginations of what heaven is like?

Sound almost exactly like a psychedelic drug trip. Something I stumbled into in my youth, but I was listening to Dr. Billy Crone do a presentation of what he thought of heaven at a prophecy conference...
some of the possibilities he mentioned? Colors we don't have words for, being able to experience sensations with different senses than normal like hearing colors, tasting sounds etc. That's called synesthesia, and it is something experienced during high doses of psychedelic drugs.

In general people talk about experiences of joy, bliss, contentment, euphoria that are not connected with current circumstances. Drugs do precisely that, in fact that's why drugs are even used.
Does it give pleasure? Sure. But you know its a facade, a trick, because your circumstances don't support the pleasure you're experiencing, and you just forget about the circumstances that are bad or unpleasant.

Talk about the meaninglessness of time in eternity. Psychedelics do that as well, time dilation, seconds can feel like they drag on forever. In fact it can be frightening, that you are somehow "stuck" in a moment of time.

and Finally, no longer caring about yourself and being selfless, in other words, "ego death", which is the "ultimate" psychedelic experience, almost in fact the goal of using those particular drugs.

So is it pleasure? Sure.
Can God make you feel pleasure like that? Easily.
He could make you forget your circumstances, experience ego death, and bombard you with sensations you don't even have words for. If a drug can do it, God can certainly do it.
But it feels cheap. It feels like cheating. Instead of fulfillment it feels like distraction.
Like a drug.

I could feel immense distracting pleasure, and still feel isolated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why I ask is so that I have people to love. It is not for pleasure. But rather to feel connected to people, where right now, I feel isolated, isolated from both the world, and from other Christians. Isolated where the only person I can be sure truly understands me, is Jesus. It's on the outside looking in for everything, Jesus may stand by me, but we're both on the outside looking in then.

But for pleasure? No.
I believe God can give pleasure
Funny thing is a lot of the way that Christians describe their imaginations of what heaven is like?

Sound almost exactly like a psychedelic drug trip. Something I stumbled into in my youth, but I was listening to Dr. Billy Crone do a presentation of what he thought of heaven at a prophecy conference...
some of the possibilities he mentioned? Colors we don't have words for, being able to experience sensations with different senses than normal like hearing colors, tasting sounds etc. That's called synesthesia, and it is something experienced during high doses of psychedelic drugs.

In general people talk about experiences of joy, bliss, contentment, euphoria that are not connected with current circumstances. Drugs do precisely that, in fact that's why drugs are even used.
Does it give pleasure? Sure. But you know its a facade, a trick, because your circumstances don't support the pleasure you're experiencing, and you just forget about the circumstances that are bad or unpleasant.

Talk about the meaninglessness of time in eternity. Psychedelics do that as well, time dilation, seconds can feel like they drag on forever. In fact it can be frightening, that you are somehow "stuck" in a moment of time.

and Finally, no longer caring about yourself and being selfless, in other words, "ego death", which is the "ultimate" psychedelic experience, almost in fact the goal of using those particular drugs.

So is it pleasure? Sure.
Can God make you feel pleasure like that? Easily.
He could make you forget your circumstances, experience ego death, and bombard you with sensations you don't even have words for. If a drug can do it, God can certainly do it.
But it feels cheap. It feels like cheating. Instead of fulfillment it feels like distraction.
Like a drug.

I could feel immense distracting pleasure, and still feel isolated.
Oh, dear...I fear we have different pictures of heaven. With absence of sin alone we will be so very happy and full of unadulterated pure love for our Savior and God who will walk among us and be our light. Fellowship with one another also will not be tarnished by the stain of sin. One can not fully fathom even these aspects of heaven they are so grand and God has more in store for us than we know. How can you compare it to drug experience?...I'm happy to say I never dabbled in such drugs. I don't believe you still are since you say you did so in your youth. As for isolation, it can be a form of torture all its own, but we have to trod through those narrow passages of the road He leads us on knowing we indeed are not alone, right? Jesus is with us.
Good Night to you.
I believe enough said from me...I have prayed for your needs and will so again.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, dear...I fear we have different pictures of heaven. With absence of sin alone we will be so very happy and full of unadulterated pure love for our Savior and God who will walk among us and be our light. Fellowship with one another also will not be tarnished by the stain of sin. One can not fully fathom even these aspects of heaven they are so grand and God has more in store for us than we know. How can you compare it to drug experience?...I'm happy to say I never dabbled in such drugs. I don't believe you still are since you say you did so in your youth. As for isolation, it can be a form of torture all its own, but we have to trod through those narrow passages of the road He leads us on knowing we indeed are not alone, right? Jesus is with us.
Good Night to you.
I believe enough said from me...I have prayed for your needs and will so again.

well, like I said, going off of other people's descriptions and they all sound like what is essentially a psychedelic drug experience not unlike you'd hear from Joe Rogan or something like that.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Dahlin

Nov 10, 2020
Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I have sexual desire, it automatically means I'm meant to get married. Why not?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If I have sexual desire, it automatically means I'm meant to get married. Why not?

I don't think it does. Some people are lucky enough to have the desire and have it fulfilled
some people are lucky enough to not have the desire and it's okay that they stay single and celibate
and then there are those unlucky who have the desire and it is never fulfilled

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it does. Some people are lucky enough to have the desire and have it fulfilled
some people are lucky enough to not have the desire and it's okay that they stay single and celibate
and then there are those unlucky who have the desire and it is never fulfilled
And that is sad and difficult...:sorry: but we do look to Jesus...we all have a cross to bear and try at least to count it all joy as James 1:2-4 explains. We all have trials though as Jesus says, in this world you will have many troubles, but take heart, for I have overcome the world. We look to the world to come. So, Come Lord Jesus!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And that is sad and difficult...:sorry: but we do look to Jesus...we all have a cross to bear and try at least to count it all joy as James 1:2-4 explains. We all have trials though as Jesus says, in this world you will have many troubles, but take heart, for I have overcome the world. We look to the world to come. So, Come Lord Jesus!

Yeah but no matter what it's a bit of a downer to know that it will NEVER be fulfilled and at best just taken away, after letting you linger with it for decades
there's nothing NOT disappointing about that.

Taking away a negative is not the same thing as a positive, to put it bluntly.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but no matter what it's a bit of a downer to know that it will NEVER be fulfilled and at best just taken away, after letting you linger with it for decades
there's nothing NOT disappointing about that.

Taking away a negative is not the same thing as a positive, to put it bluntly.
Are you forgetting that we will be made new in the resurrection and made perfect according to God's standards and not ours...this includes our way of thinking...Revelation...the old order of things will pass away; He shall wipe every tear from our eyes...the healing of the nations are spoken of in Revelation. You won't be thinking you missed out...you won't remember...that will be the old order of things which will be no more. You are suffering NOW, but you are ALSO bemoaning Heaven not even knowing all that awaits you should you prove faithful. I do not take your suffering lightly, but you must at least dwell on something else in God's Word , right? to give you contentment and hope.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Are you forgetting that we will be made new in the resurrection and made perfect according to God's standards and not ours...this includes our way of thinking...Revelation...the old order of things will pass away; He shall wipe every tear from our eyes...the healing of the nations are spoken of in Revelation. You won't be thinking you missed out...you won't remember...that will be the old order of things which will be no more. You are suffering NOW, but you are ALSO bemoaning Heaven not even knowing all that awaits you should you prove faithful. I do not take your suffering lightly, but you must at least dwell on something else in God's Word , right? to give you contentment and hope.

It's like imagine you have never been able to eat food or drink. You still have hunger, you still have thirst, but you're not allowed to eat or drink. You can watch other people eat and drink, seem like they really enjoy it, do jobs that they hate doing just to be able to acquire food and drink to sate their hunger and thirst, you experience the need, and while it doesn't kill you, your stomach gnaws at itself and your throat feels practically cracked like dry ground. You'd really like to try food and drink... but you can't. Whenever you try, God afflicts you and holds you away from it and says "you can't have it"
You eventually die, and see the wedding supper of the lamb, and all the people there eating and drinking reunited with loved ones and enjoying the taste of the food and drink so much, reminiscing about meals shared together on earth.
and God says to you "no food, or drink, but I'll make you never have hunger or thirst again"
do you consider that hunger and thirst fulfilled even though you never knew what it was like to eat exactly what you wanted at the time that "hits the spot" moment of actually having that need satisfied?

Would you really truly be satisfied in the person who for your entire life, and for the rest of forever, told you no and kept you from it?
What would your opinion be on that person?

There is only so much love you can have for a person vicariously based on the good that they did to other people, when from your experience has only ever taken away negatives, but never added positives, and has in fact, at times, added burdens to you to carry?
Like I'm glad that Jesus has done all these blessings for you in your life
but for me.. all He has done is cancel out the negatives, that leaves me at nothing better than a neutral at best, but with other negatives added on top, the net is a negative.
Forgiving sin cancels a negative, but adding affliction to a person's life adds negative back.
and being told you won't enjoy the blessings given to others but just have to be happy that they got them vicariously?

It's a tough sell.
There's only so much I can do when nothing positive ever happens for me.
I can only beat myself up so much and hate myself so much

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Something I've been struggling with more recently to be honest. But I don't really know which way to go in this.
I keep being pointed at 2 verses.
Romans 8:32, Revelation 21:7
the emphasis is on "how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
and "inherit all things"
and it is in direct response to this particular depression over this particular verse.
and I don't know how to take it because it's implying that I will get something the verse the topic is about says explicitly I won't get.
So is He telling me He's giving some substitution? Or do we have Matthew 22:30 all wrong?
or what?
I believe Matthew 22:30 at face value even though it always seemed to I don't know, be a reversal on something God made and declared good.
but every time I ask
that's my answer
He'll give us all things.
Including the thing I fear missing out on.
but I can't rest in that because of this one verse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Dahlin

Nov 10, 2020
Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something I've been struggling with more recently to be honest. But I don't really know which way to go in this.
I keep being pointed at 2 verses.
Romans 8:32, Revelation 21:7
the emphasis is on "how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
and "inherit all things"
and it is in direct response to this particular depression over this particular verse.
and I don't know how to take it because it's implying that I will get something the verse the topic is about says explicitly I won't get.
So is He telling me He's giving some substitution? Or do we have Matthew 22:30 all wrong?
or what?
I believe Matthew 22:30 at face value even though it always seemed to I don't know, be a reversal on something God made and declared good.
but every time I ask
that's my answer
He'll give us all things.
Including the thing I fear missing out on.
but I can't rest in that because of this one verse.
I came up with the doctrine of "intermediate compensation time." A time between death on Earth and the New Heaven and Earth in which I am compensated for what I've missed on Earth and get to do good things I never got to do on Earth, like sexual relations and romantic intimacy, not to mention missing a trip or missing out on food.
If I never get to have sex, that means sexual desire is wasted. The only purpose of sexual desire is to have sexual relations. It's that simple.

Upvote 0