Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,101.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, a question- why is it that God uses people? There is a reason for this. I have been pondering this, I think God may be about to give me this, if it does come I think it will be mind-blowing! It may have something to do with this, that God put mankind in charge of the earth, it is our responsibility to make sure that God's will is done on the earth and God only intervenes when things get way out-of-whack, or if He gets angry. The Lord's prayer says "on earth as it is in heaven". Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone, a question- why is it that God uses people? There is a reason for this. I have been pondering this, I think God may be about to give me this, if it does come I think it will be mind-blowing! It may have something to do with this, that God put mankind in charge of the earth, it is our responsibility to make sure that God's will is done on the earth and God only intervenes when things get way out-of-whack, or if He gets angry. The Lord's prayer says "on earth as it is in heaven". Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!
You are correct, God gave man authority over creation and has never rescinded that. Satan was a part of that creation. Adam should have brought Satan to heel, but we know the sorry story and we see the catastrophic effects.

Jesus is the "Last Adam". He defeated Satan and all his evil host. Jesus gave his authority to the church so that we will enforce the victory already won. The tragedy is that the church is too preoccupied with trivia to deal with the real issues. Thank God for the few, the overcomers, who fight on behalf of the many.

One day, Satan will be overcome completely. It will be by those who know the power of the precious blood, who are willing to testify to the Lord Jesus and who turn away from self to serve in God's kingdom. Those people are often hidden, often in the persecuted church and often shunned by those who value appearances more than reality.

All the problems are here on this earth. There is no war, poverty, disease, injustice, rebellion or pride in heaven. So God's will is not being done everywhere for now. That's why we must keep up the fight. The battle is won, but it is not automatic. God's people will prevail. However, we control just when this takes place.

Upvote 0
Nov 10, 2022
Midwest
✟8,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave Darling, are you referring to how God uses people (both good ones and bad ones) to accomplish His purposes? That was an oh wow moment, quite a brain thumper for me when recognizing it in scripture. As to why He does that, He does what works. This reality we're in is an interactive process from which a finished product will be obtained.
In a related matter, when I caught on to God setting things up ahead of time, well, to me it was astonishing. After thinking about it a while I realized that, yeah...
*The game is rigged.
*God is intimately involved with what goes on.
*And therefore creation (for lack of a more accurately descriptive term) has never stopped.

I'm just in awe of what little I've witnessed during my short stay here on Earth. God really does work in mysterious ways.
With that I'm going to say good night.
Good night yall.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No.
It is our privilege and honor to allow the Spirit to work through us doing good stuff, thank you God!!!

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Books could be written on the question of why God uses people. Topics in the books could range from "God, strangely enough, does things in the most mundane and apparently inefficient ways", to, "God, strangely enough, uses EVERYTHING to accomplish EVERYTHING he set out to do, even using our sin, just as he had planned to do from the beginning", to, "Just as one hires a criminal to figure out another criminal, God uses fallen humans to get incomplete, and even mistaken, but useful concepts across to other fallen humans, that they would not get from plain reading of the Perfect Word."

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that's really good. In truth God doesn't even need us, to exist, at all, but He wants us to exist, obviously, and in that He also wants the very best for us and created us to help each other along our way during this phase of our existence which will ultimately culminate in our fully knowing Him, the very Object of our existence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums