• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured why does God let this happen ?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Lily76_, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Lily76_

Lily76_ PRO-LIFE ( meaning all life ) Supporter

+2,349
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    It all hurts i was sexually assaulted a few months ago as well never reported it either ...i dont trust the police at all ....i cant even talk to them ..too many bad things

does God hate my ?

2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,617
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    That shouldn't have happened to you. I believe that abuse of free will is why this and other bad things happen to people by other people.

3. Lily76_

+2,349
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    God gave us free will but people now a days abuse it so much using it as away to hurt each other or for there own goals because they want power or money or status
    its really sad that free will is abused like it is God wouldn't want us to choose the way the world is right now i think he is ashamed of us humans , the way we behave the fact we are trying to kill one another in wars , the state of the world , thankfully God is forgiving and loves us but i think the end is near ...the planet is going to hell and only Jesus can save us

4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,146
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Paul was beaten and robbed while preaching the gospel. Left for dead once. Shipwrecked, imprisoned and executed. But said he learned to be content in whatever state (fix) he was in.
    “Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” 1 Peter 4:16–19 (KJV 1900)

5. Jermayn

Jermayn Active Member

+145
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    God didn't bring sin into the world, we did. Does that mean we deserve to be assaulted? Not at all. God tells us in his word NOT to do such things, but because we live in a world dominated by sin, bad things sometimes happen to good people, and this world is becoming increasingly hostile to Christians. As hard as it may be, we are called to forgive the people that have wronged us, just as Christ died so that we may be forgiven of our wrongs. Forgive the person who did this to you and draw close to God. Personally, I would also notify the authorities to help protect the same thing happening to others, but that is up to you. It may also be helpful if you get a group of trusted friends together and confront the person about what they did.

6. Swan7

Swan7 Made in the image of His Grace Supporter

+6,866
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    @Lily76_

As someone who also suffered abuse (not only sexual), my whole life speaks about the hidden hatred people have against those God calls out of this world. Yes, God calls to all people as He doesn’t want all to perish: John 3:16-17
    The world hated God first, so we shouldn’t be surprised that the world hates God’s people.

As far back I can remember I’ve always been hated without a cause. I’ve seen darkness in people and it turns them into animals. Sometimes I have had to learn the hard way because a decision I made turned very badly. There were many times I should have lost my life, but God would bring me out of a situation. Did I blame God? Sure, but He convicted me immediately. I was only mad at Him for a short time until I really began to think about the decisions I was making.

However not every decision I made put me in a scary situation either. It just happens because people who love darkness hate the light. The light of God shines in us in a way we can’t see, but is certainly seen by those lost in darkness.
    Those who have the light of God can recognize others who also have His light, but even they need to be tested.

I do hope you can see what I’m saying here as I don’t want to divulge too much details. As you understand, it’s pretty personal. :yellowheart:

7. Lily76_

+2,349
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Am sorry for blaming God i dint mean to say the things i said about him
    i dont blame God i blame the darkness that is in all of us there people in this world that stay in the dark because they enjoy it yet there are people in the darkness because they are forced to but even in the darkest dark there has to be a light however small its still there Jesus is the light hold on to that light and it get brighter and bigger maybe we have to hold on for a really long time but its there i should remember this instead of blaming God i should be hold on to him in my heart of hearts i know this but i get angry , its misplaced anger i should be angry at thoses in the dark even they have a small piece of light they once where a scared child they have light but its small ita there choices that make them in the dark

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Jermayn

Jermayn Active Member

+145
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."

You and I, and everyone who follows Christ is that light. If we let our light go out, or hide it under a basket, who will give light to those in the darkness that they may see? So, draw near to God and he will draw near to you (James 4:8), and be sure to always be a reflection of God's love in a world of darkness. I truly believe you have stored for yourself a great treasure in Heaven for pulling through this traumatic experience and not turning away from God Lily. May he richly bless you from this day forward. ;)

9. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member Supporter

+613
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    I'm not sure if anyone can truly reach holiness without a major trial. Sure we can be righteous, but complete obedience takes suffering. Praise God for your experience. He must have great plans for your life.

I was in an abusive marriage for 13 years. I had not listened to God the week prior to the wedding. I thought I was just having pre-marriage jitters. Now I believe it was actually God. That unintentional disobedience changed my life. I knew I was at fault for being impulsive. But by the end of the marriage I told God I didn't care if I wound up dead, I would never divorce him because I would never sin against God again.

Nominal Christians like the lukewarm of Laodecia (Revelation 3), will never make it to heaven without a major intervention causing them to truly repent. So, "count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." Many on these forums believe teaching perfection or sinlessness to be heresy, but that is exactly what God wants us to be.

10. Glorytothefather2245

Glorytothefather2245 New Member Supporter

+112
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    God is real, but it doesn't mean unpleasant things wont happen to you. Sometimes it's there to teach you a lesson. Sometimes things just happen. There will always be good an evil in the world until Christ returns.