Why does God allow bad stuff to happen to some people?

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Macchiato just here to share. Why does God allow bad stuff to happen to some people. It rains on the just and unjust. God never did this man/we did. This is the price of sin. He made this gave it to us. We then listened to a lie and as Satan told Christ "this was given/handed over to me". As Christ said to those taking Him "if this was my kingdom my servants would fight and not allow you to to take me". Again as its written Satan is the God of this world.

God can only do good and only creates life. I can't speak to any other person and what happened in their life ..unless He tells me but in my own life. My dad was mean you know come after you with a board and not stop no matter how much you cry scream. Yet in Church one day this grand mother (had a bible study I wen t to) comes up to me crying. See she knew how my dad was and said to me I have to ask him to forgive me. That was shocking and I was like 15 I think and started to cry. Didn't make sense what so ever.. me ask him to forgive me?

So as we were both down stairs watching TV (Three channels :) ) I look at the clock above the TV 8:30Pm. I Look to my left at him sitting in that black recliner and say "dad will you forgive me for ever hurting you?" He looks back and answers "yes will you forgive me". So I call the grandmother the next day and tell her "I did it". To that she asks me " was it about 8:30 when you did this?" I said YES how did you know?" She said "the lord told me to start praying right then for you". Now in this do you see? God never did any of that awful evil things to me nor allowed it. This is a fallen world where you and me right now can think say do anything we want. This world right now is still Satans. We know there is a time limit on it since the demons said to Christ "have you come to torment us before our time?".

The real question should be "why are we to pray?" I will leave that there to much to dive into. A girl a believer in Jesus Christ thinking everything in her life is just going bad to worse. Had to leave her apartment get a new one that is not as nice as the old one. Going to the store cars keep crossing in front of her so she cant make it the store she really wants to go to so goes to this other one she didn't want to. As she was checking out the casher looks at her thinking "wow she must be a Christian look at that wonderful smile I want to be like her". That week end that casher because of that girls simple smile got saved. The Christian girl in that apartment she didn't want didn't hear all the spirits scream as she came in as the left.

See with my dad ooh every time my dad hurt me Christ cried with me but GOD can not go against our (my dads) will ever. Yet Gods heart loved me also loved my dad just as much. I didn't have to ask my dad to forgive me. God can't move unless we repent. All God wanted was a legal way in to help my dad and me. Oh I am sure if we could hear 100% from God He would have told me what He wanted me to do but its gonna really hurt. My dad (step dad) had 6 kids and then married my mom with me and my bother who left at age 15. All I remember is he left the dinner table and my dad went after him and all I heard was screaming and the next day my brother moved out. So my dads 6 kids would never have anything to do with him.. he was mean. Yet one day he says to me 'out of all my kids I feel closet to you". I just forgave him and he did or Christ did find him.

So why are we to pray? My thinking is.. I wonder how many know there is no out there to help them.. no one knows whats going on and no one cares. THAT is GOD talking to you.. YOU have to make the choice to pray. So many things we can not just say a simple prayer we must really fight in prayer. Christ even said this. Know this after this life when they are with Him all that evil .. to them it never happened. BUT we must pray.. we know where the battle is.

So read pray always think dwell on Him. Renew our minds.. that was not written as a one time only thing. We have to do that every moment. Satan never sleeps. And if we are not living for God God has a very hard time helping. There is no middle ground. I leave you with this.. our Father is doing more GOOD then all the evil out there. I was thinking last night .....wondering why the praise reports are not standing out more then any other thread. Focus on Him.. no the evil or the sin.. pray ask Him every moment (HOLY SPIRIT) to lead and guide you.
I know. I'm not saying he did. I'm saying he allows it and I don't know why.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟185,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This isn't an attack on God. I acknowledge He is sovereign. So I'm not questioning Him I'm just wondering why.

I was talking to my friend last night and she suffered severe physical and sexual abuse from her family and said she'll probably be in therapy for the rest of her life. That made me so incredibly sad to hear.

I still remember my friend from 7th grade who told me dad molested her, a girl from my old job was also sexually abused and no one believed her, I have another friend that dealt with the same thing and a guy friend that was physically abused by his mentally ill mom.

While it makes me appreciate I haven't been abused and I thank God bc I don't have the strength and I'm not strong like them.

I just wonder why. Physical and sexusl abuse is so common.. I just feel sad.

I just wonder why was ai protected and not them?

Yes some people are evil and we all have free will but there are things outside of our control.. we can't choose our family and we can't choose where we're born.

So I just wonder why. This may seem like an age old question but.. I still wonder.

It is normal to query why God allow bad things to happen to good people. In truth, many people have asked this question throughout human history, but scripture provides some clues.

In John 14:30, Jesus told his disciples that "the prince of this world (Satan) cometh and hath nothing in me". In this statement, the Lord himself acknowledges that Satan is the prince of this world. So, contrary to popular belief, the text proves that Satan is in charge of the world in this age until "the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever " Revelation 11:15 KJV.

Until the return of the Messiah, Satan reigns and where he reigns, what we have is anarchy, corruption and death. Of course, God has the power to restrain Satan's rage on humanity but that's outside his eschatological plans. Satan's time is coming.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it makes it seem like we're just toys to God and he Can do whatever He wants to us. I mean he can but it just rubs me the wrong way.

To Him men shall come and shall all be ashamed who raged against Him ( Isaiah 45:24)

I happen to be reading this verse this morning, and then came across your quote above. The worst thing that happened to anyone in this world @Macchiato was to His Son Jesus Christ. How can it get any worse than that; to crucify the Son of God? But I tell you what looked like absolute disaster, worked to mine and your good. Suddenly in all of their sadness they were given eyes to see. He knows what He is doing.
See Luke 24:13-35 - Perhaps He will find you on the road to Emmaus today also. I will pray for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InThePottersChamber

Apr 29, 2017
Alabama
✟35,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This question used to be the reason I couldn't submit my will to God completely. I didn't want to be a Christian because I was afraid that God would make my life harder than it already was if I followed Him. But after a long time of following him, this question ceased to matter. I mean, why wonder?

If we are at this, let me ask, is there really a God? Why does my kindest friend's brother always try to harm his mother? Why did my first true love kill themselves, at age 27, speeding down a highway after snorting cocaine? Why is the sky blue when I don't like the colour blue? Why am I not a multimillionaire, don't I deserve it because of how compassionate I am (how self-righteous of me :) )? Why am I 26 and not yet graduated, surely God knew out of all my friends in high school only I really wanted to graduate early? Why did my best friend at high school move to another school? Why do the kids in university kind of hate me for my political views? Why is there so much suffering in the world? How come animals, so innocent and loving, get tortured in labs, and unlike humans won't get to go to heaven when they die from the torture? Why are there children who do not have clean water to drink or to wash themselves with? Why does God allow a corrupted, child molester to become infinitely rich and powerful? Why am I still sad at 26, when my first love died so many years ago? I will be 27 next year, will I also snort cocaine, cruise down highways and end up in a closed casket funeral?

I used to long for life, I loved life. I still do, but I'm quite desensitised to it by now. In life, know what you want, make sure it doesn't go against God's will, then try your best. If you succeed, more power to you. If you don't, it doesn't matter, you're not the only one. Always be grateful, look for things in life that love you and that you love. If you need a pet, adopt or buy one, if you need a friend, make one. If your friend mistreats you drop them. Read your bible, read literature, read about investing, read about the economy. Travel when you can. Marvel at man's art and God's handiwork. Tell your family you love them, buy your friends gifts. Pray. Thank God. Nothing else really matters. We will know the answers to all our questions one day. No need to be impatient. God bless you.

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just wondering why.
All suffering and death is due to sin. Period.

Matt 13:27 The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ 28 ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. [a reference t the explanation of thisparble, ie, no more metaphor, in verses 36-39]

So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ [to bring the judgement upon them?] 29 ‘NO!’ he said, [postpone the judgement because...] ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. The time of the harvest is the time of the maturity of the wheat and the only maturity that saves a sinner from the judgment is a mature holiness!

Thus sin separated these elect but sinful seed from the holy elect and are the cause of the continued suffering of mankind on this earth by forcing the postponement of the judgment upon the reprobate weeds.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This isn't an attack on God. I acknowledge He is sovereign. So I'm not questioning Him I'm just wondering why.

I was talking to my friend last night and she suffered severe physical and sexual abuse from her family and said she'll probably be in therapy for the rest of her life. That made me so incredibly sad to hear.

I still remember my friend from 7th grade who told me dad molested her, a girl from my old job was also sexually abused and no one believed her, I have another friend that dealt with the same thing and a guy friend that was physically abused by his mentally ill mom.

While it makes me appreciate I haven't been abused and I thank God bc I don't have the strength and I'm not strong like them.

I just wonder why. Physical and sexusl abuse is so common.. I just feel sad.

I just wonder why was ai protected and not them?

Yes some people are evil and we all have free will but there are things outside of our control.. we can't choose our family and we can't choose where we're born.

So I just wonder why. This may seem like an age old question but.. I still wonder.
God has set a path personally for each of us, and where it leads in the end is personal to each of us. What transpired in your life was necessary for you, but not for them, and vise versa. God works in all through good and bad circumstances, and they are to teach us the experience of life. Every action is a reaction, and where your friend is now is because of what transpired leading up to that point. God works out good through bad circumstances and people, and though we think being hit by the belt is bad, it was actually for our good ultimately. I hope this makes sense.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0