Why does God allow bad stuff to happen to some people?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Therefore God gave them up ... [Romans 1:24]
For this reason God gave them over ... [Romans 1:26]
God gave them up ... [Romans 1:28]

Not to start an argument in a Christian Advice thread, but, God the Spirit gave them up, or handed them over, but God the Father already knew all that ever is/was/is always going to, always happen, etc.

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: atpollard
Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to start an argument in a Christian Advice thread, but, God the Spirit gave them up, or handed them over, but God the Father already knew all that ever is/was/is always going to, always happen, etc.

God Bless!
My focus is on how many (even unsaved) does God not "give up" to absolute depravity but continues to restrain (as Satan in Job ... "you may go this far and no further") (or as Joseph's brothers ... "you meant evil, but God meant it for good".)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My focus is on how many (even unsaved) does God not "give up" to absolute depravity but continues to restrain (as Satan in Job ... "you may go this far and no further") (or as Joseph's brothers ... "you meant evil, but God meant it for good".)
God the Spirit handed them over to Satan, and how "depraved" they would get, or whether they would come back from the pit or not, or return to God the Father and God the Son and God the Spirit or not, etc, has always been up to God the Father's knowledge and discretion always, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Macchiato just here to share. Why does God allow bad stuff to happen to some people. It rains on the just and unjust. God never did this man/we did. This is the price of sin. He made this gave it to us. We then listened to a lie and as Satan told Christ "this was given/handed over to me". As Christ said to those taking Him "if this was my kingdom my servants would fight and not allow you to to take me". Again as its written Satan is the God of this world.

God can only do good and only creates life. I can't speak to any other person and what happened in their life ..unless He tells me but in my own life. My dad was mean you know come after you with a board and not stop no matter how much you cry scream. Yet in Church one day this grand mother (had a bible study I wen t to) comes up to me crying. See she knew how my dad was and said to me I have to ask him to forgive me. That was shocking and I was like 15 I think and started to cry. Didn't make sense what so ever.. me ask him to forgive me?

So as we were both down stairs watching TV (Three channels :) ) I look at the clock above the TV 8:30Pm. I Look to my left at him sitting in that black recliner and say "dad will you forgive me for ever hurting you?" He looks back and answers "yes will you forgive me". So I call the grandmother the next day and tell her "I did it". To that she asks me " was it about 8:30 when you did this?" I said YES how did you know?" She said "the lord told me to start praying right then for you". Now in this do you see? God never did any of that awful evil things to me nor allowed it. This is a fallen world where you and me right now can think say do anything we want. This world right now is still Satans. We know there is a time limit on it since the demons said to Christ "have you come to torment us before our time?".

The real question should be "why are we to pray?" I will leave that there to much to dive into. A girl a believer in Jesus Christ thinking everything in her life is just going bad to worse. Had to leave her apartment get a new one that is not as nice as the old one. Going to the store cars keep crossing in front of her so she cant make it the store she really wants to go to so goes to this other one she didn't want to. As she was checking out the casher looks at her thinking "wow she must be a Christian look at that wonderful smile I want to be like her". That week end that casher because of that girls simple smile got saved. The Christian girl in that apartment she didn't want didn't hear all the spirits scream as she came in as the left.

See with my dad ooh every time my dad hurt me Christ cried with me but GOD can not go against our (my dads) will ever. Yet Gods heart loved me also loved my dad just as much. I didn't have to ask my dad to forgive me. God can't move unless we repent. All God wanted was a legal way in to help my dad and me. Oh I am sure if we could hear 100% from God He would have told me what He wanted me to do but its gonna really hurt. My dad (step dad) had 6 kids and then married my mom with me and my bother who left at age 15. All I remember is he left the dinner table and my dad went after him and all I heard was screaming and the next day my brother moved out. So my dads 6 kids would never have anything to do with him.. he was mean. Yet one day he says to me 'out of all my kids I feel closet to you". I just forgave him and he did or Christ did find him.

So why are we to pray? My thinking is.. I wonder how many know there is no out there to help them.. no one knows whats going on and no one cares. THAT is GOD talking to you.. YOU have to make the choice to pray. So many things we can not just say a simple prayer we must really fight in prayer. Christ even said this. Know this after this life when they are with Him all that evil .. to them it never happened. BUT we must pray.. we know where the battle is.

So read pray always think dwell on Him. Renew our minds.. that was not written as a one time only thing. We have to do that every moment. Satan never sleeps. And if we are not living for God God has a very hard time helping. There is no middle ground. I leave you with this.. our Father is doing more GOOD then all the evil out there. I was thinking last night .....wondering why the praise reports are not standing out more then any other thread. Focus on Him.. no the evil or the sin.. pray ask Him every moment (HOLY SPIRIT) to lead and guide you.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Macchiato just here to share. Why does God allow bad stuff to happen to some people. It rains on the just and unjust. God never did this man/we did. This is the price of sin. He made this gave it to us. We then listened to a lie and as Satan told Christ "this was given/handed over to me". As Christ said to those taking Him "if this was my kingdom my servants would fight and not allow you to to take me". Again as its written Satan is the God of this world.

God can only do good and only creates life. I can't speak to any other person and what happened in their life ..unless He tells me but in my own life. My dad was mean you know come after you with a board and not stop no matter how much you cry scream. Yet in Church one day this grand mother (had a bible study I wen t to) comes up to me crying. See she knew how my dad was and said to me I have to ask him to forgive me. That was shocking and I was like 15 I think and started to cry. Didn't make sense what so ever.. me ask him to forgive me?

So as we were both down stairs watching TV (Three channels :) ) I look at the clock above the TV 8:30Pm. I Look to my left at him sitting in that black recliner and say "dad will you forgive me for ever hurting you?" He looks back and answers "yes will you forgive me". So I call the grandmother the next day and tell her "I did it". To that she asks me " was it about 8:30 when you did this?" I said YES how did you know?" She said "the lord told me to start praying right then for you". Now in this do you see? God never did any of that awful evil things to me nor allowed it. This is a fallen world where you and me right now can think say do anything we want. This world right now is still Satans. We know there is a time limit on it since the demons said to Christ "have you come to torment us before our time?".

The real question should be "why are we to pray?" I will leave that there to much to dive into. A girl a believer in Jesus Christ thinking everything in her life is just going bad to worse. Had to leave her apartment get a new one that is not as nice as the old one. Going to the store cars keep crossing in front of her so she cant make it the store she really wants to go to so goes to this other one she didn't want to. As she was checking out the casher looks at her thinking "wow she must be a Christian look at that wonderful smile I want to be like her". That week end that casher because of that girls simple smile got saved. The Christian girl in that apartment she didn't want didn't hear all the spirits scream as she came in as the left.

See with my dad ooh every time my dad hurt me Christ cried with me but GOD can not go against our (my dads) will ever. Yet Gods heart loved me also loved my dad just as much. I didn't have to ask my dad to forgive me. God can't move unless we repent. All God wanted was a legal way in to help my dad and me. Oh I am sure if we could hear 100% from God He would have told me what He wanted me to do but its gonna really hurt. My dad (step dad) had 6 kids and then married my mom with me and my bother who left at age 15. All I remember is he left the dinner table and my dad went after him and all I heard was screaming and the next day my brother moved out. So my dads 6 kids would never have anything to do with him.. he was mean. Yet one day he says to me 'out of all my kids I feel closet to you". I just forgave him and he did or Christ did find him.

So why are we to pray? My thinking is.. I wonder how many know there is no out there to help them.. no one knows whats going on and no one cares. THAT is GOD talking to you.. YOU have to make the choice to pray. So many things we can not just say a simple prayer we must really fight in prayer. Christ even said this. Know this after this life when they are with Him all that evil .. to them it never happened. BUT we must pray.. we know where the battle is.

So read pray always think dwell on Him. Renew our minds.. that was not written as a one time only thing. We have to do that every moment. Satan never sleeps. And if we are not living for God God has a very hard time helping. There is no middle ground. I leave you with this.. our Father is doing more GOOD then all the evil out there. I was thinking last night .....wondering why the praise reports are not standing out more then any other thread. Focus on Him.. no the evil or the sin.. pray ask Him every moment (HOLY SPIRIT) to lead and guide you.
I don't believe God can't go against our will. He did harden pharaohs heart.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I also agree with this too. And I'm not blaming God.. I'm just wondering bc I encounter too many people that are either molested or physically abused so naturally I just wonder.

It's the system in place that allows these things to take place.

Apart from "very blessed good people" not using their extra blessings the way it should be, it's the huge social inequality in place in society today that leads to abuse. Actually, those two are related.

Social inequality makes living independently / earning money way more difficulty so the weak and vulnerable are desperate to hold on to their jobs, or their abusive homes. They won't report the abuse to proper authorities out of fear of losing their homes or losing their jobs, or even losing their reputation and sabotaging their future careers.

If crimes can easily go un-reported and unpunished, then it will encourage abusive people to follow suit. That's why see lots of abuse-related crimes.

It would not have been the case if it's easy to earn money, easy to live on your own with little to no education or even raise a family easily even if you're uneducated.

I'm not talking of make-believe utopia because such places exist in this planet. Countries like Iceland, Denmark, etc. Places where it's so easy to earn money if you're a citizen and social inequality is virtually absent. Unsurprisingly, the crime rates are also very low in these countries.

So what leads to social inequality? Greed. Keeping most of God's good blessings only to your benefit, donating only enough to look good to the world (the lowly standards of this evil world) but not enough as God would have wanted. God will punish them severely in the end (The Unfaithful Servant, The Sheep and the Goats, and the fake Christians in the Book of Jude who only really cares for worldly things in their heart and only uses religion for convenience)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This isn't an attack on God. I acknowledge He is sovereign. So I'm not questioning Him I'm just wondering why.

I was talking to my friend last night and she suffered severe physical and sexual abuse from her family and said she'll probably be in therapy for the rest of her life. That made me so incredibly sad to hear.

I still remember my friend from 7th grade who told me dad molested her, a girl from my old job was also sexually abused and no one believed her, I have another friend that dealt with the same thing and a guy friend that was physically abused by his mentally ill mom.

While it makes me appreciate I haven't been abused and I thank God bc I don't have the strength and I'm not strong like them.

I just wonder why. Physical and sexusl abuse is so common.. I just feel sad.

I just wonder why was ai protected and not them?

Yes some people are evil and we all have free will but there are things outside of our control.. we can't choose our family and we can't choose where we're born.

So I just wonder why. This may seem like an age old question but.. I still wonder.

I would imagine that there are probably close to an infinite number of reasons why God might allow such things. Each individual case might have its own reason.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe God can't go against our will. He did harden pharaohs heart.

God used Pharaoh as an example because He knew that Pharaoh would never repent.

“For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth.” So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires. You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
‭‭Romans‬ ‭9:17-22‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

“For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth.” So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires. You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
I hate this entire verse.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes, "what if" Paul, "what if"...

Because it all seems pretty vain to me, etc.

Might have needed to be done or take place at that time, but still pretty vain to me, etc.

I am just glad that, after all of what Jesus did, that I'm not entirely sure you are all, all full-well informed about, etc, that God the Spirit is no longer like that, and that now we both and all have all been reconciled, and it was finished, and now we can all have and enjoy, and please notice that I said the word "enjoy", anyway, that we can all have and now enojoy, having a very deep and intimate, and very, very personal, relationship with Him now, now that we have all been taught a lesson from and to and by Christ, who is/was/always will be, our "great teacher", who was sent by the Father to do that One's will at the exact time he needed to do it, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Might have needed to be done or take place at that time, but still pretty vain to me, etc.

I am just glad that, after all of what Jesus did, that I'm not entirely sure you are all, all full-well informed about, etc, that God the Spirit is no longer like that, and that now we both and all have all been reconciled, and it was finished, and now we can all have and enjoy, and please notice that I said the word "enjoy", anyway, that we can all have and now enojoy, having a very deep and intimate, and very, very personal, relationship with Him now, now that we have all been taught a lesson from and to and by Christ, who is/was/always will be, our "great teacher", who was sent by the Father to do that One's will at the exact time he needed to do it, etc.

God Bless!
None of you knows the whole story, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
None of you knows the whole story, etc.

God Bless!
And I would probably have to write an entire book to explain it all to you.

Which is very frustrating, because I am not one who has the patience for writing entire books, etc.

Not to mention all the long years of indoctrination that I would have to somehow almost magically reverse or correct in some of you more religious folk, etc.

Very frustrating, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

God’s patience and kindness towards the unrepentant is mentioned several more times throughout scripture not just in Romans 9.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This isn't an attack on God. I acknowledge He is sovereign. So I'm not questioning Him I'm just wondering why.

One day, on the Great Day of Judgement, God Almighty will judge everyone and what they have done. The wicked will rightly be sent to Hell for punishment. But you can't punish someone for sins they never committed. They must be given time and space to choose the right or choose evil. I'm sorry your friends were abused, but one day the Lord will wipe every tear from their eyes while the wicked abusers are sent to hell. God Bless :)

Upvote 0