Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The coasts are infested with the disease of our Country, it is called liberalism.
The areas with the most strict gun laws are the areas that there is the most crime.

Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The anti christ needs people disarmed before he can attempt to take over the world, America and Israel are in the way.
If the government forces of the Antichrist are going to forcefully bring you away to be beheaded, are you allowed to fire at them and kill those who are supposed to arrest you?

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have thought this over, for a few hours, and am at a loss on how to answer, I have a lot of thoughts.
I am not sure we should "entertain" hypothetical questions, either ask them, answer them.
As Believers who give the indwelling Christ preeminence in our lives we are guided by Holy Spirit in all we think, do, and say. We are no longer our own, we are set apart for Christ.
When I think of the freedom to enjoy firearms I think of teaching young people to grow and mature in a safe way, and the shooting sports do so. I don't think of hurting people or what "might" happen, pretty much think of what I need to do to do His will here and now. Best wishes

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will not be here for the beheadings @Scann . I have guns for the pleasure of it. I am in-to guns. I enjoy them. I feel protected by the Lord though and don’t live in a bad neighborhood. I have them for protection too but don’t want to shoot anyone, but could if it was necessary. Guns are just like any other hobby and I’m not destructive with them. One time we were up in the hills plinking and a car sped by followed by ten cop cars. Finally one stopped and told us to put them away. But the robbers didn’t stop. We could have defended ourselves then.
A lot of bad stuff we hear about happens. So some of us should be ready. And if the government wants to be a dictator we should be ready. That’s our right, not a privilege but a right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are those who insist it's wrong for Christians to own guns because they should look to God for protection.
Anyone who claims the moral high ground like that should prove it by removing the locks from their doors and windows and cars etc.

Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written,

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,’

and

“‘On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”

7Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.

Those who advocate that Christians should look only to God for protection hear the whispers of Satan.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple 6and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written,

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,’

and

“‘On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”

7Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.

Those who advocate that Christians should look only to God for protection hear the whispers of Satan.
No idea what you are trying to say here, but I suggest you say it to all those faithful Christians who have been mugged, murdered, raped, sold into slavery, burnt at the stake, had their homes ransacked, etc.

Going back to my post, do you lock your doors at night, and lock your car when you leave it, do you have home and health insurance.
If so, then you obviously don't really believe your own post.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No idea what you are trying to say here, but I suggest you say it to all those faithful Christians who have been mugged, murdered, raped, sold into slavery, burnt at the stake, had their homes ransacked, etc

I was actually agreeing with you using scripture that Christians should not test God and put themselves in danger if they can help it.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I was actually agreeing with you using scripture that Christians should not test God and put themselves in danger if they can help it.
OOooooops, sorry. Got the wrong end of the stick.
I even modified that stick to beat you harder. My very very bad.:prayer:

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Your picture shows an orthodox icon.
Looking at his arm positions, I am sure you could photoshop an automatic rifle onto that pose with his right hand on the butt and left hand at the trigger guard, ready to use.
It would look much better!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OOooooops, sorry. Got the wrong end of the stick.
I even modified that stick to beat you harder. My very very bad.:prayer:

God forgives and I forgive. ;)

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your picture shows an orthodox icon.
Looking at his arm positions, I am sure you could photoshop an automatic rifle onto that pose with his right hand on the butt and left hand at the trigger guard, ready to use.
It would look much better!

Yep, it is St. Justin the Martyr/Philosopher. He lost his head in Rome many years ago.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Why does a christian need a gun?"

I suppose the word need is subjective...
But then we could ask why does a christian need a hammer or a saw, or a screwdriver. A firearm is a tool, like any other tool. When its needed we pull it out and use it, when we are done we put it back in the toolbox.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are those who insist it's wrong for Christians to own guns because they should look to God for protection.
Anyone who claims the moral high ground like that should prove it by removing the locks from their doors and windows and cars etc.

Agreed, I have been saying the same thing for years. I dont push my views of owning firearms onto others but occasionally the non-firearm group see's fit to pushing their views on us. More times than not, when discussing this issue with folks there seems to be a underlying fear of firearms: AKA- hooplaphobia
Hoplophobia:
Hoplophobia is a political neologism coined by retired American military officer Jeff Cooper as a pejorative to describe an "irrational aversion to weapons." It is also used to describe the "fear of firearms" or the "fear of armed citizens." Hoplophobia is listed simply as a phobia in some medical dictionaries as a fear of weapons or firearms.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.