bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer to my question should be why do the democrats wish to take away our guns?
This comes down to a simple question, "should the government fear the people? or will the people fear it's own government?"

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I can answer that question in one word, predators.
And there's one bunch of political predators who are determined to make sure the only ones left with guns are the street predators.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there's one bunch of political predators who are determined to make sure the only ones left with guns are the street predators.
And those controlled by the deep state.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

believeme

Oct 14, 2020
Europe
✟9,702.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For a German it is very interesting to read this! Don't take me wrong I can't answer this question and don't think it is wrong to own a gun. You have to understand that almost no citizen in Germany ever shot with a real gun. Unless they are/were a soldier or police men. I never had a gun in my hands. And yes I would like to try it to know how it feels. But if you are not used to it...it is a strange idea to have a gun at home in case someone wants to steel something. In Germany it is not common something that criminals steal if you are at home. This happens usually if they know for sure that people are in holidays. And this happens :-( Is it a realistic thought that you will use a gun to protect your family in the states? This is a serious question without prejudice!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
For a German it is very interesting to read this! Don't take me wrong I can't answer this question and don't think it is wrong to own a gun. You have to understand that almost no citizen in Germany ever shot with a real gun.
Really????
Unless they are/were a soldier or police men. I never had a gun in my hands. And yes I would like to try it to know how it feels. But if you are not used to it...it is a strange idea to have a gun at home in case someone wants to steel something. In Germany nobody steels something if you are at home.
Really???
This happens usually if they know for sure that people are in holidays. Is it a realistic thought that you will use a gun to protect your family in the states? This is a serious question without prejudice!
I think you have been asleep if you think there are no real gun deaths in Germany.
Wikipedia is a crap place to research, but it shows that maybe you need to check your facts a little.
List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia

Crime in Germany - Wikipedia

Owning guns is illegal in the UK, but all that does is leave guns in the hands of criminals, which of course still leaves us with a serious gun crime problem!
Interestingly from Wikipedia homicide rates, it seems that Germany has an even worse gun crime problem than the UK.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

believeme

Oct 14, 2020
Europe
✟9,702.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. really, really really ;-)

I said almost! Of course there is crime here and illegal use of guns. We don't live in Disney World either ;-) If you live a normal life here you won't met people who ever had a gun in their hands. Except they were in the army. Besides that guns are illegal so nobody is used to it. But you are abolutely right that there is crime and murder by guns!! No law can prevent that. You got me wrong. There is illegal use of guns. The point is that it is illegal. So honest people like you and me aren't used to them...

And please!! I am not judging it. If I would live in the states perhaps I would buy one I guess. I do not judge. I am interested...

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your input from the European perspective. I took my grandson out at 3 for his first shot, single barrel muzzleloader pistol, black powder- like this-https://youtu.be/QlZdxaEpLuQ?t=342
Of course we had eye and ear protection on and I was holding him, before I could draw a breath he hollered, "Let's do it again!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May our Lord bless and keep you as well my brother, I do have Hunters Safety instructor rating, NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor rating, Concealed Carry license.
He and I sat down and made a couple pistols a while back, you can get an 80% finished frame and complete it and have a pistol without a serial number. It was a fun project.

Upvote 0

believeme

Oct 14, 2020
Europe
✟9,702.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you too brother. Feels nice to be so called! I am glad to join this community...a christian community. And yes I understand this. I really do. Although I never had a gun in my hand. But I hope to visit the states some day and than I will :)

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Formal Target shooting, standing, one handed, bullseye target, 22 caliber, or air pistol, concentrating on sight alignment, sight picture, breath control, proper grip, trigger squeeze, focusing on the front sight. That is Bullseye target shooting, and there are clubs and leagues for this here and around the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married