Why do you pray to mary jesus mother she cant help you ?

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Indeed it is. Fortunately for you the Catholic Church has neatly dodged that theological landmine by insisting that only Mary needed to be immaculately conceived in order to bear the Son of God. However, you only have your denomination making that statement, so you are part of a Christian organization which differs significantly from all other Christian denominations on this dogma.
Mary did not NEED to be immaculately conceived in order to bear the Son of God. God saw that it was FITTING. She didn't HAVE TO BE SINLESS. You are forcing a "dogma" where there isn't one. Catholics believe Mary was conceived without sin because it's true. So did Martin Luther.

The Immaculate Conception was a doctrine Luther defended to his death (as confirmed by Lutheran scholars like Arthur Piepkorn). Like Augustine, Luther saw an unbreakable link between Mary's divine maternity, perpetual virginity and Immaculate Conception.

Although his formulation of the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception was not clear-cut, he held that her soul was devoid of sin from the beginning:

"But the other conception, namely the infusion of the soul, it is piously and suitably believed, was without any sin, so that while the soul was being infused, she would at the same time be cleansed from original sin and adorned with the gifts of God to receive the holy soul thus infused. And thus, in the very moment in which she began to live, she was without all sin..."​
Martin Luther, Weimar edition of Martin Luther's Works, English translation edited by J. Pelikan [Concordia: St.Louis], Volume 4, 694.

You accept Luther's "Bible alone" theory, but reject his views on the Immaculate Conception.
I accept the entirety of the deposit of faith, you accept whatever you choose.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Catholics believe Mary was conceived without sin because it's true.
Old Testament Temple theology helps bring this issue into better focus. The Temple was kept pure precisely because it was God's dwelling place. So isn't it fitting that Our Lady be conceived without sin since her womb would be Our Lord's dwelling place?

When I began exploring and considering Catholicism, the Church's clear, consistent and thoroughly logical teachings on this subject (others too, of course, but the Marian doctrines were really impressive) resonated deeply. Taking away the Protestant blinders and limitations to honestly consider the Church's point left me with no rational way to argue.

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most Christians would conclude that Jesus loved/honored His mother, only an idiot would say otherwise. There is no way around the fact that Mary is a saint.

We honor saints in heaven because they have attained the likeness (eikon / image) of God (2 Cor 3:18); “spirits of the righteous made perfect” (Heb 12:23). This is why we venerate them, because they reflect God’s glory and are His vessels. The painter is praised when his masterpiece is praised. It is His work. The saints are God’s workmanship, not man’s. Paul tells us to “imitate” him, which is a concept, it seems to me, similar to “honoring” or “veneration” (1 Cor 4:16, Phil 3:17, 2 Thess 3:7-9); and this is because he, in turn, imitates Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1, 1 Thesselonians 1:6). We are exhorted to honor and imitate the “heroes of the faith” in Hebrews 6:12 and chapter 11.

God Himself was the first to honor Mary by sending her an angel delivering HIS WORDS.

Imitating Christ means imitating the love and honor He has for her. We can't claim to accept the whole Bible while adding man made traditions to the parts we don't like.

Protestants are big "grace alone", which we heartily agree with, and apply it to everybody else, but downplay it when it comes to Jesus' mother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your positioning yourself on the intellectual high ground here is baseless.
Is it? I have studied Catholicism. I have also studied her symbols and practices. Many of these allegedly pagan things have either perfectly innocent origins or else an origin which precedes their pagan use.

By way of example, St. Peter's cross was used by the Catholic Church (and, I would assume, many others) for centuries as a symbol of perfectly orthodox Christianity. The fact that some satanists came along later and used an upside down crucifix for entirely other purposes doesn't mitigate the fact that the Church used the symbol first.

Disagree with the conclusions all you like, but don't indulge in caricatures while doing so.
Mmm. So in other words, my original critique should've extended beyond just the American Protestants? I'll keep that in mind.

It's actually the RC who is often ignorant of what paganism was, claiming, for example, that Catholics are not pagan because they pray to the person behind the image, not the image itself,
Speaking as someone who has prayed to saints, I can say that it is true because I am the one who did the praying and I know what my intent in doing so was.

As to "paganism", there were and are many forms and flavors of it. Cults of that pagan fish god had ideas, views and practices which differed from the cults of the pagan sun god. The fact that both groups were broadly pagan hardly suggests they agreed much with each other.

Considering how broad a canvas "paganism" in general is, it's a bit ludicrous to cherry-pick one or two similarities with Catholicism from among dozens or even hundreds of ancient pagan cults and use that as the foundation for arguing that Catholicism is a bizarre hybrid of different (and at times mutually exclusive) pagan cults from the ancient world.

By way of example, there are pre-Christian religions which had ceremonies approximating the Christian practice of baptism (something even many Protestants believe in and encourage believers to do). That fact does not, however, serve as evidence that Christianity stole the practice of baptism from those pre-Christian religions. It's an interesting similarity, I suppose, but it isn't "proof" of anything.

apparently ignorant of the fact that the ancient Romans claimed the exact same thing.
If we take those pagans at their word and believe them... so what? What does that prove exactly, apart from their beliefs being similar to ours?

Those same pagans believed in a deity of some kind. I gather you believe in a deity as well. Does the fact that both of you believe in higher powers somehow make your belief derivative of theirs?

Again, I am not going to be drawn into the implications of this.
Probably a good idea on your part.

I am simply stating the fact, so often unknown to Catholics.
Oh I've heard them all before. I imagine the majority of Catholics on CF have heard them as well.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Another thread when it is Jesus Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary whom interact with my heart daily x 8 years hearing and speaking to my heart yet many people still do not comprehend that God our Heavenly Father chose His Humble Holy Sacred Bride and Daughter - our Blessed Holy Mary - to be Holy Queen of Heaven - bestowing upon our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary Holy Graces through Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviour working together up in Heaven and here on earth.

In God The Most Highs Holy Word, God Himself has shown us His Catholic Saints in Heaven with Him in Holy Heavenly Light in God. Gods Holy Word frequently mentions in high Holiness all of Gods Holy Angels, Holy Saints. When Jesus appeared to thousands of His (now) Saints/Nuns each Century, Jesus Himself has requested that we include Holy Heaven, His Holy Angels and Holy Saints to pray for us and to pray with us. Many of the Holy Saints pray with me daily for many Holy causes IN Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviour, Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary but telling a non Catholic this or a Protestant is going against the tide and fruitless unless praying for Protestants and other Christians whom really have not asked Jesus Holy Spirit God our Heavenly Father for Holy Spirits Holy Discernment enlightening their hearts and minds and souls. So many people are missing out on our Lord Jesus healing for illnesses because they refused to believe in our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary and Gods Holy Saints.

Hence when Jesus appeared to His thousands of Saints/Nuns in their Catholic Chapels and Convents and Rooms often in the early hours of the morning in quietness solitude, delivering His Holy Prayers - His Divine Mercy Chaplet, Holy Wound Chaplet and The Most Holy Rosary - these Holy Prayers are from God our Heavenly Father Himself - it is Jesus with Holy Mother Mary appeared to His Saints/Nuns together or sometimes one without the other but most often together - Jesus Sacred Heart is intertwined with our Heavenly Mother Marys Holy Immaculate Heart and you are all receiving Gods Holy Graces through Jesus Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary and it wont be until one passes over that they realise this Holy Fact if Jesus has not spoken to your hearts and/or our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary has not spoken to your hearts in Holy Prayer daily.

What a shock that will be for many when save Jesus and His Holy Divine Mercy, souls realise that they most sadly should have asked of Jesus and Holy Spirit/God for our Blessed Virgin Holy Mother Marys Loving Holy Intercession with Jesus while praying to Jesus Holy Spirit, God our Heavenly Father.

Never mind.

Many souls could have been saved if they had but trusted in Jesus Holy Spirit and asked Jesus to guide them on His Most Holy Mother and Her Loving Holy Intercession.

One would discover that many many Prayers are heard and answered in Jesus God Holy Spirit and in particular The Most Holy Rosary that God Gifted Holy Mother Mary of which is based upon Gods Holy Word directly - with every Holy Mystery - the Holy Life of Jesus and Holy Mother Mary - with Jesus delivering The Most Holy Rosary to Saints Dominic in 1214 and to many other Saints each Century reminding them to pray it as

"The greatest weapon against satan" - and it is and much much more.

and God said:

"It is mans last mean/s of Salvation" - this is for hearts souls whom do not repent to Jesus

Anyway, it is greatly sad that people when passing over, could have received more greatly our Lord Jesus Mercy through Holy Mother Mary and Jesus explained to His Saints that so many souls are lost to Him - to satan and his evil spirits - through non repentance of sins made to Him in remorse - and blasphemies and profanities against our Blessed Holy Mother Mary - and ignoring Jesus during their lives.

It is our Blessed Holy Mother Mary Whom led my heart soul back receiving Jesus into my heart showing me Her Most Holy Rosary 8 years ago despite being Catholic had never known about it nor prayed The Most Holy Rosary - and the most beautiful Holy Roses in Heaven our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary has given me with Jesus for praying deeply focussing on Jesus Bitter Passion and Jesus Sorrows Torments Agonies, His Life at different times during each year with our Lords Holy Blessings Holy Gifts and Holy Graces in so many Holy Ways from our Lord Jesus Holy Spirit God our Heavenly Father and Holy Mother Mary I love You now and for eternity. Amen.

People are missing out on so many of our Lord Jesus Holy Blessings Holy Gifts and Holy Graces through His Holy Confession, Holy Communion and praying to our Lord Jesus Gods Holy Divine Mercy Chaplet/Novena, Jesus Holy Wound Chaplet and The Most Holy Rosary and Gods Holy Wound Chaplet does not contain the Catholic Creed and was delivered by Jesus speaking to Saint Marie Chambon with hundreds of Holy Messages given to Saint Chambon (a Nun/Sister) like Saint Faustina, one would need to read for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0