Why do you pray to mary jesus mother she cant help you ?

tysr

Dec 7, 2009
✟393.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MARY IS DEAD AND CANT HELP YOU CAUSE THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING ECCL 9V 3: This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
4: For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
5: For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
6: Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the
sun. ALSO JESUS SAID JN:14V6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. REV : 1V11: Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. REV: 1V18: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. JESUS HAS ALL THESE THINGS NOT MARY

tysr

Dec 7, 2009
✟393.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now the lord corrected job when he was talking kind of out of term and mary was not there when this happen neither did she exist read job:38v1: Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2: Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3: Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4: Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5: Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6: Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7: When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8: Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9: When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10: And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11: And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
12: Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
13: That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
14: It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. now my question where was mary

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now the lord corrected job when he was talking kind of out of term and mary was not there when this happen neither did she exist read job:38v1: Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2: Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3: Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4: Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5: Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6: Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7: When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8: Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9: When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10: And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11: And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
12: Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
13: That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
14: It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. now my question where was mary

I have come to the knowledge that Mary was the most blessed amongst woman, she was greater than any other woman was or ever can ever be.

Jesus taught us how to pray and it wasn't to Mary, nor was it to HIMSELF, but we are to pray to GOD the Father in the name of JESUS the Son.

I know other denominations think differently, but they themselves will have to answer to GOD for their actions, therefore, I myself cannot and will not judge them. As Jesus has put it, those who do not hear HIS WORD will be judged by HIS WORD. That is sufficient for me, I must just be careful myself to hear HIS WORD correctly, not only for my sake, but for the sake of those GOD has put in my path to share with on this earth.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I also believe HE means this:

Matthew 6:5-9 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then you Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

Many pray for their wants not knowing that GOD knows what our needs are and our wants may not be what HE knows we NEED. So they get dissappointed instead of being grateful for the NEEDS HE has provided us with.

Upvote 0

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
People do not pray to Mary for help. Have you listened to the Hail Mary?

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray fr us sinners now and at the hour of our death."

Christians have the belief that the church is one body, that they have the ability to pray for each other. When we ask Mary and other saints we ask them to pray for us. We ask them to turn to God, who they are with, and deliver the prayers to him just as we would ask our brother or sister on earth to do it. At no time is Mary being worshipped; we are simply asking for her to pray for us too. It is the principle of intercessory prayer that the entire Christian Church believes in.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If the dead are in Christ

and Christ is in us .

perhaps there is some communication between the two .

as for Mary, wouldn't know where to begin the conversation .

really blessed woman though as far as the angels say .

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If the dead are in Christ

and Christ is in us .

perhaps there is some communication between the two .

as for Mary, wouldn't know where to begin the conversation .

really blessed woman though as far as the angels say .

That is the belief we have, that the Body of the Church does not end because their bodies die. The "dead" are still alive in Christ and with Him in Heaven, so there should be no reason that we could still not ask them to pray for us like we would any other Chrisitian.

Upvote 0

theTruthful

Jan 9, 2010
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but if we really believe the words of Jesus that, "Wherever two of you agree as touching anything on earth in my name, it shall be done by my Father in heaven." or "Whatsoever you ask the Father in my name, that will He do," why would we ask Mary to deliver our prayers for us? yes, she is blessed among women, not above women. Mary had to believe in Jesus to be saved just like everyone else. and in Christ, all our prayers are heard by the Father.

Upvote 0

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
but if we really believe the words of Jesus that, "Wherever two of you agree as touching anything on earth in my name, it shall be done by my Father in heaven." or "Whatsoever you ask the Father in my name, that will He do," why would we ask Mary to deliver our prayers for us? yes, she is blessed among women, not above women. Mary had to believe in Jesus to be saved just like everyone else. and in Christ, all our prayers are heard by the Father.

Why would you ask anyone to pray for you?

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting In One, I've never heard it explained like this before. As I said I will not judge you for what you believe. If you believe that all the saints are now dwelling with Jesus and I do believe angels pray, it is possible that what you speak is truth. However, I would require proof of this via Holy Scripture.

I believe that we have direct communication with the Father through HIS SPIRIT and that HIS SPIRIT is what communicates with ours directly.

Romans 8:26-27 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting In One, I've never heard it explained like this before. As I said I will not judge you for what you believe. If you believe that all the saints are now dwelling with Jesus and I do believe angels pray, it is possible that what you speak is truth. However, I would require proof of this via Holy Scripture.

I believe that we have direct communication with the Father through HIS SPIRIT and that HIS SPIRIT is what communicates with ours directly.

Romans 8:26-27 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

And I agree with you 100 %...

Upvote 0

theTruthful

Jan 9, 2010
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would you ask anyone to pray for you?

im not sure what you are saying here? if you are asking me if i ask other people to pray for me, the answer is almost never. people throw the word pray around all the time. i get these text message prayers, "please pray for so and so"... i am deliberate in my prayers, knowing that God hears every word. the only time i pray with someone else is if i know that they have faith in God's Word like i do, and then we can truly pray the prayer of faith and agreement together. usually when people say pray for me, they start telling me how big their problem is. they have no real faith that "God has sent His Word and healed us." so usually, they dont want to pray together. they want to get in fear, and whine to God. that is not Biblical prayer. "Believe you receive when you pray! Nothing wavering!"

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And I agree with you 100 %...

Can you biblically show me where the Saints are right now at this moment with GOD?

Perhaps this is what is needed for me to 100% agree with you. Because biblically everything waits until GOD is ready to raise the dead in Christ Jesus. And it is my understanding that this has not yet happened.

Upvote 0

theTruthful

Jan 9, 2010
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my point is simply that we dont need mary to bolster our prayers. God hears the prayers of all His children. "God is no respecter of persons." In 1 John it tells us that when we pray according to the will of God, then we know He hears us, and if He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have desired of Him. if you really believe that, then asking someone else to deliver a prayer to God is not necessary. if you believe the Word, then you know that God hears you when you pray according to His will and you get what you pray for! :) how exciting!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
my point is simply that we dont need mary to bolster our prayers. God hears the prayers of all His children. "God is no respecter of persons." In 1 John it tells us that when we pray according to the will of God, then we know He hears us, and if He hears us, we know we have the petitions that we have desired of Him. if you really believe that, then asking someone else to deliver a prayer to God is not necessary. if you believe the Word, then you know that God hears you when you pray according to His will and you get what you pray for! :) how exciting!

I do not disagree with you, but my point is simply to make it clear we are asking Mary to pray for us just ask we could ask anyone else. We are even encouraged to prayer for others. "I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in the struggle by your prayers to God on my behalf." Romans 15:30 (NAB) That is the same principle.

Upvote 0

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can you biblically show me where the Saints are right now at this moment with GOD?

Perhaps this is what is needed for me to 100% agree with you. Because biblically everything waits until GOD is ready to raise the dead in Christ Jesus. And it is my understanding that this has not yet happened.

And that is the problem. All I can say is believe they are alive and well through the power of Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer. We know that there are people alive in Heaven now through what Jesus told the man on the cross who repented. He was told, from the mouth of God, that he would be in heaven that day. So obviously, there are those in heaven. Whether the saints are, I don't know. I believe they are, but even if I am wrong that does not change the fact there is nothing wrong in asking them to pray for us. We are not worshipping them, just asking for them to pray for us as the Apostle Paul asked the Romans to do.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I also believe HE means this:

Matthew 6:5-9 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then you Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

Many pray for their wants not knowing that GOD knows what our needs are and our wants may not be what HE knows we NEED. So they get dissappointed instead of being grateful for the NEEDS HE has provided us with.

I agree completely.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People do not pray to Mary for help. Have you listened to the Hail Mary?

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray fr us sinners now and at the hour of our death."

Christians have the belief that the church is one body, that they have the ability to pray for each other. When we ask Mary and other saints we ask them to pray for us. We ask them to turn to God, who they are with, and deliver the prayers to him just as we would ask our brother or sister on earth to do it. At no time is Mary being worshiped; we are simply asking for her to pray for us too. It is the principle of intercessory prayer that the entire Christian Church believes in.

You're making a generalization here that has no basis in fact. People who call themselves Christian are not all of one body. You have Christians who believe everyone is going to hell that do not worship God on the right day of the week. You have other Christians who believe the Roman Catholic Church is a cult. You have another branch of Christianity who believes you're going to hell if you're not baptized correctly. So from these few examples, I think I have shown that the church is not of one body.

Mary and everyone else considered a saint is dead. Their bodies are dead and they are returning to dust. So who's in Heaven? Their spirits are in Heaven, at least for those who are saved by His grace and mercy. Can disembodied spirits hear? Well the Bible warns us not to converse with the dead. Why? Because we are not communicating with who we think we are. We are communicating with demons. At least, that's what some knowledgeable Christians believe. Personally, I will not take that chance. I will only pray to the Father through His Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Occasionally, and not often enough, I will praise and thank Jesus for His selfless act, His sacrifice for me and all mankind, so I might live, and have life more abundantly. We have one, only one intercessor for us. His name is Jesus.

Upvote 0

In_One

Sep 11, 2009
✟7,727.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're making a generalization here that has no basis in fact. People who call themselves Christian are not all of one body. You have Christians who believe everyone is going to hell that do not worship God on the right day of the week. You have other Christians who believe the Roman Catholic Church is a cult. You have another branch of Christianity who believes you're going to hell if you're not baptized correctly. So from these few examples, I think I have shown that the church is not of one body.

Mary and everyone else considered a saint is dead. Their bodies are dead and they are returning to dust. So who's in Heaven? Their spirits are in Heaven, at least for those who are saved by His grace and mercy. Can disembodied spirits hear? Well the Bible warns us not to converse with the dead. Why? Because we are not communicating with who we think we are. We are communicating with demons. At least, that's what some knowledgeable Christians believe. Personally, I will not take that chance. I will only pray to the Father through His Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Occasionally, and not often enough, I will praise and thank Jesus for His selfless act, His sacrifice for me and all mankind, so I might live, and have life more abundantly. We have one, only one intercessor for us. His name is Jesus.

To pray only to God is the right thing to do, but God is three persons in one. Don't forget that. To say that the church is one body is not a generalization, it is the truth. Christ calls us to be one body with Him as our head. We, as Christians, are one body under the glorious blood that was given by Jesus Christ, the image of God in man. The Bible tells us in 1st Corinthians 12:27 "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." (NIV) The problem we have is there are so many differences in the church that no one can agree. We have forgotten where our roots are and those roots are in Christ and Christ alone. The Glory Be says it right, "Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. The world without end, Amen."

As for asking those who have gone before us to pray for us, I have to disagree but that is ok. We are not asked to agree on everything but to give Glory to God and God alone. When I pray for my brothers and sisters, I pray for them out of the love Christ has given me, whether their bodies are on this earth or not. I do not attempt to communicate with the dead, I just ask that the living pray for me. For we are all alive in Christ, whether our body is in the grave for because... "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

It is for all these reasons that I believe what I do:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

And that is all that matters.

Upvote 0