Why do White Christians Vote Republican and Black Christians Vote Democrat?

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's the case now. That wasn't always the case, however.

And as I'm sure you're aware, the cities weren't as welcoming during the Great Migration as their contemporary wokeness might lead one to believe.

I'm skeptical that that's true. Rural areas tend to be poor and require more infrastructure per capita. Certain services like mail and telecommunications wouldn't exist in rural areas without government subsidies. Agriculture is heavily dependent upon subsidies and other forms of government support. I suspect that rural areas are just as reliant on government, but that government aid manifests itself in different ways.
Also keep in mind that the two parties have change a great deal. They are not what they were just 10 years ago, they both have changed significantly.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And more to the point, was Trump known as a racist before he decided to run for President? Trump may be a lot of things, but racist is not a word that comes to mind.

Yes, he’s been known as a racist for years. He was sued for racial discrimination in housing and much of the evidence presented is published for anyone to see. Then there was his role in the wrongful arrest of the Central Park Five, whim he never acknowledged were innocent even after DNA evidence proved they were. His egregious comments about Mexicans and his war on immigrants also make it clear how he feels about people of color.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,240,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The alignment between urban dwelling and left-leaning politics is a somewhat more recent development than the alignment of black and democrats - or at the very least, the two alignments coincided with each other. I'm not sure how much one drove the other.
Very true.

I don't think most urban Blacks were leftists even if they became Democrats.

What has changed is that BLM combined racial and LGBTQWERTY issues, and got massive media attention for doing so. Before that race and LGBTQWERTY were mostly at odds. As the Democratic Party sidelined race in favor of gender politics Blacks were marginalized within the Party. BLM attempts to bring them back in by combining race issues and gender politics. I'm not sure how well it does at that. Kim Klacik presents a very different but compelling path for Blacks who want change but aren't on the liberal or sexual fringe. We'll see.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ROFL. You're trying to convince us that blacks and LGBTQ were manipulated by the media?

Far more likely it's those who listen to the teller of 16,000 lies who are manipulated. Are any Republicans disappointed that the president promised they would have a vaccine, and since that won't happen before the end of the year he's now trying to dupe them into thinking herd immunity (with all its dangers and consequences) would be the next best thing?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,240,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ROFL. You're trying to convince us that blacks and LGBTQ were manipulated by the media?
Are you responding to me? Very hard to tell who you respond to when you don't actually reply to a post.
Far more likely it's those who listen to the teller of 16,000 lies who are manipulated. Are any Republicans disappointed that the president promised they would have a vaccine, and since that won't happen before the end of the year he's now trying to dupe them into thinking herd immunity (with all its dangers and consequences) would be the next best thing?
You really do hate the man.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It refers to those who believe lies over reality.

I hate what Trump does. Putting someone so.unscrupulous and malevolent in charge of our country has allowed monstrous evil to occur--222,000 deaths, for starters.

If I believed that rehabilitation was possible, I would pray for his extreme makeover, but he is truly beyond redemption here on earth.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,240,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Are you responding to me? Very hard to tell who you respond to when you don't actually reply to a post.
I hate what Trump does. Putting someone so.unscrupulous and malevolent in charge of our country has allowed monstrous evil to occur--222,000 deaths, for starters.

If I believed that rehabilitation was possible, I would pray for his extreme makeover, but he is truly beyond redemption here on earth.
Does your religion teach you that there are people still alive that are beyond redemption? I consider that statement an indicator that you actually do hate the man.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Very true.

I don't think most urban Blacks were leftists even if they became Democrats.

What has changed is that BLM combined racial and LGBTQWERTY issues, and got massive media attention for doing so. Before that race and LGBTQWERTY were mostly at odds. As the Democratic Party sidelined race in favor of gender politics Blacks were marginalized within the Party. BLM attempts to bring them back in by combining race issues and gender politics. I'm not sure how well it does at that. Kim Klacik presents a very different but compelling path for Blacks who want change but aren't on the liberal or sexual fringe. We'll see.

Kim Klacik doesn't offer anything. She's a huckster who doesn't even live in the district she's running to represent. Her campaign videos dump on Baltimore City, while she's running for an office that doesn't impact Baltimore City all that much and covers a land mass that's mostly outside of Baltimore City.

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he’s been known as a racist for years. He was sued for racial discrimination in housing and much of the evidence presented is published for anyone to see. Then there was his role in the wrongful arrest of the Central Park Five, whim he never acknowledged were innocent even after DNA evidence proved they were. His egregious comments about Mexicans and his war on immigrants also make it clear how he feels about people of color.
That seems kind of weak considering that the housing issue was not directly handled by Trump and the fact that the Central Park Five issue was over Trump wanting the death penalty for the brutal murder of a woman. I don't see how that had anything to do with racism. As for his war on immigrants, Trump never said they were all rapists and criminals, only the press misquotes him on this. And Trump did not institute a travel ban that prevented all Muslims from entering the US like the press reported. The ban merely stopped Muslims from high terrorist countries as over 90% of Muslims could still come to the US under the travel ban. Even Obama instituted similar travel bans without being accused of being a racist. And no, Trump was not xenophobic like Joe Biden says he was for shutting down travel between China back in February to help stop Covid.

But say what you will, growing up I never heard the word racism mingled with the name of Trump until he ran for office, and I'm sure that is true for most everyone else.

As for Joe Biden, there is fare more on him such as his own VP pick accusing him of praising racists who supported separate bussing for minorities, but then stepped back and said, "But I don't think you are a racist Joe". So why exactly? I reckon we know the answer now, don't we? And back in 1977 he made comments about mixing racists in schools stating he did not want his kids growing up in a racial jungle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do white atheists vot

Lies like you can keep your doctor and your plan or the attack was in response to a video or the Russians and Trump campaign colluded or a man can become a women by willing it to be so? Are those the lies you are referring to that are being believed over reality? Throwing rocks in a glass house is not recommended.

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Oh where to begin?

Biden said Trump was xenophobic for shutting down travel to China in February. Then you had a parade of democrats like Pelosi tell the American people not to fear Covid as she was seen in Chinatown trying to keep up tourism to San Fran. Then Fauci himself said not to wear a mask? Later Fauci said he was merely trying to "save" such masks for medical staff . In other words, he lied. Fuaci was one of the "experts" Trump was depending upon. Any condemnation for them? Of course not.

Then there is the fact that closing down the economy kills people. I read an article from the Huffington post written in 2008, that I can't find now because the Left is purging all kind of information right now that they don't like, that said for every 1% of unemployment, the death rate increases by 50,000. That means that if the projected 20% unemployment figures could be reached, that is well over a million dead from such things as opioid over doses, and suicide an heart attacks, etc. Does anyone ever hear of these numbers? No. I even heard Fauci asked about it, and his response was that was not his concern being a medical professional. But how so Dr. Fauci? Does this still not involve medicine? Should the President not be concerned with the big picture such as this?

To politicize this pandemic and blame it all on Trump is beyond sick, but that's politics, especially when China knowingly allowed people to leave in mass from China after they knew exactly what was going on with the Pandemic, because they stopped travel into China.

In other words, China seeded the Pandemic to the rest of the world on purpose. But hey, it's all Trump's fault, right?

I reckon if Biden is elected he will give us all magic underwear to protects us, along with shutting down the economy again.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
and the fact that the Central Park Five issue was over Trump wanting the death penalty for the brutal murder of a woman.
It was a brutal rape and beating of a woman but she survived the attack. Also the Central Park Five were later fully exonerated in this crime.

• Winner
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It was a brutal rape and beating of a woman but she survived the attack. Also the Central Park Five were later fully exonerated in this crime.

Their convictions were overturned on a technicality. Not the same thing.

But why is it so important anyway?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, the “technicality” was that they didn’t commit these crimes.

It’s “important” because if the poster is going to get these pesky facts incorrect, then we can assume that the rest of the missive contains even more errors.

Are you new to the internet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The technicality was that the judge allowed a confession into evidence that shouldn’t have been admitted. That hardly means they were innocent, especially since post-trial interviews showed that the jury convicted based on the forensic evidence presented by the prosecution, which is just as solid now as it was then.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You call the REAL rapist confessing a "technicality?" I guess that's the baloney Trump is peddling.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,816.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The technicality was that the judge allowed a confession into evidence that shouldn’t have been admitted. That hardly means they were innocent, especially since post-trial interviews showed that the jury convicted based on the forensic evidence presented by the prosecution, which is just as solid now as it was then.
Actually the forensic evidence is weaker now since the DNA on the victim didn't match only of the 5 and the person it did match confessed and said he did it alone.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That wasn’t why the conviction was overturned. You seem to be unwilling to even consider the perfectly reasonable explanation that the Central Park Five were also involved - the doctors who treated the victim didn’t believe that the injuries inflicted on her could have been inflicted by a single assailant.

DNA evidence bears out his confession - his claim to have acted alone is another matter.

Of course, my major question remains unanswered - why is the guilt or innocence of the Central Park Five such a point of contention? Why all of the hullabaloo over a thirty year old case?

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,310.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh where to begin?

Biden said Trump was xenophobic for shutting down travel to China in February. Then you had a parade of democrats like Pelosi tell the American people not to fear Covid as she was seen in Chinatown trying to keep up tourism to San Fran. Then Fauci himself said not to wear a mask? Later Fauci said he was merely trying to "save" such masks for medical staff . In other words, he lied. Fuaci was one of the "experts" Trump was depending upon. Any condemnation for them? Of course not.

Then there is the fact that closing down the economy kills people. I read an article from the Huffington post written in 2008, that I can't find now because the Left is purging all kind of information right now that they don't like, that said for every 1% of unemployment, the death rate increases by 50,000. That means that if the projected 20% unemployment figures could be reached, that is well over a million dead from such things as opioid over doses, and suicide an heart attacks, etc. Does anyone ever hear of these numbers? No. I even heard Fauci asked about it, and his response was that was not his concern being a medical professional. But how so Dr. Fauci? Does this still not involve medicine? Should the President not be concerned with the big picture such as this?

To politicize this pandemic and blame it all on Trump is beyond sick, but that's politics, especially when China knowingly allowed people to leave in mass from China after they knew exactly what was going on with the Pandemic, because they stopped travel into China.

In other words, China seeded the Pandemic to the rest of the world on purpose. But hey, it's all Trump's fault, right?

I reckon if Biden is elected he will give us all magic underwear to protects us, along with shutting down the economy again.

Conspiracy Theories

Upvote 0