why do people think the moon landing was fake?

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So they designed and built a rocket system capable of going to the moon, orbiting it, landing on it, taking off again, rejoining the CM and returning home. And they did this six more times? And even unloaded a moon buggy on the surface?

So the simplified version was less possible to do?

You know we can see the tracks that the men made as they walked about plus the tracks of the buggy (remote control I guess)? And all the astronauts signed up to pretend they were dead if something went wrong and all the thousands of people involved have never said a word for over fifty years.

Are those moon buggy track images courtesy of NASA?

That bridge is still for sale. Let me know tomorrow morning if you're interested.

Sounds like you're saying you're a huckster.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably because it took place 50 years ago, and these days despite considerably more advanced technology, nobody seems able to achieve a manned moon landing.

While I'm not claiming it was faked, I don't expect to see anyone else go to the moon within my lifetime.

Totally because there is no profit in it, financial or political.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟243,485.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
While I'm not claiming it was faked, I don't expect to see anyone else go to the moon within my lifetime.
Sorry to hear you are seriously ill. My thoughts are with you.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry to hear you are seriously ill. My thoughts are with you.

Not ill, just getting old. The little kid who watched the moon landings, is getting close to retirement age. And I know of childhood friends who have already died.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟243,485.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Not ill, just getting old. The little kid who watched the moon landings, is getting close to retirement age. And I know of childhood friends who are already dead.
I'm comfortably past retirement age and still have some hopes of seeing the first Mars landing. That may be stretching it, but I think a further five years aren't beyond possible, so a return to the moon should make the calendar. It would be nice if Aldrin could hang on to see that.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm comfortably past retirement age and still have some hopes of seeing the first Mars landing. That may be stretching it, but I think a further five years aren't beyond possible, so a return to the moon should make the calendar. It would be nice if Aldrin could hang on to see that.

Color me pessimistic. I'll believe it when I see it. Right now it's just talk and plans.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to say it really does seem a bit crazy that the greatest technical achievement in history, happened half a century ago, back when at home we still had a B&W TV and a rotary phone.

I think a lot of good points have been raised.

I have always been of the belief that it was real but that if part of it was faked it was done as a face saving measure for the US. That perhaps technical difficulties prevented the actual moon walking but the US still said it happened to beat the Russians.

It just seems to have a lot of controversy around it and most times there is no smoke without fire. It would not be the first time something basically true has been embellished. There is no reason that it would all be fake since there is no way a country like China would agree to that. They landed on the other side of the moon in 2019, if that was impossible they would have soon called the US out. No country is going to spend billions on an outright fake, but partly faked for political reasons that only a select groups knows about, that I can see.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Brooklyn-Bridge-For-Sale-90-off-labeled-200px-.png.17abf88cf95c231f39398de63244cbf1.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let me list three reasons which are most likely the reason for not going back and you pick the ones you think are relevant:

1. Political.
2. Budgetary.
3. Technological.

Let me give you a clue. Pick 1 and 2. In that order.
I'll give you a clue. Pick 1 and 2.
I'll add one more to the list and that's PASSION. I think that was the driving force that made them do it in the first place. It was a thing that was dreamed about through all the ages and now they could do it. I think it was similar to the passion that led men to go to the south/north pole in years prior or to climb the mighty Mr Everest! After the number of times doing it though the passion was gone.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟659,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'll add one more to the list and that's PASSION. I think that was the driving force that made them do it in the first place. It was a thing that was dreamed about through all the ages and now they could do it. I think it was similar to the passion that led men to go to the south/north pole in years prior or to climb the mighty Mr Everest! After the number of times doing it though the passion was gone.

Same thing happens with other programs as well, especially after accidents. After Apollo 13, they probably asked themselves if it was still worth doing it again and again after already being done. It even happened with the shuttle program. First it was Challenger, and then Columbia. After that, they scrapped the whole thing, and there are actually people on this site who believe the shuttle program was faked as well. I kid you not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟243,485.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
On the other hand Mt. Everest is climbed routinely now. 5,788 people have summitted as of April 2021. Several of them have done so multiple times. Despite the $250k price tag more than two hundred people have paid a deposit to do a brief sub-orbital on Virgin Galactic. I don't think you can say the passion is dead.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On the other hand Mt. Everest is climbed routinely now. 5,788 people have summitted as of April 2021. Several of them have done so multiple times. Despite the $250k price tag more than two hundred people have paid a deposit to do a brief sub-orbital on Virgin Galactic. I don't think you can say the passion is dead.

Mt. Everest is fake.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Agreed and I supposed I should have put down basically dead or dead from the standpoint from having enough people nationally to have excitement in doing it at least in the last 50 years.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll believe in this when I step foot on the moon myself. Which was supposed to be possible by now. Remembering back to 1972, there was supposed to be a whole city on the moon by now. Going to the moon by now was supposed to be as easy as going to Hawaii. Where's that Pan-Am space shuttle that was going to take me to Luneropolis?

Upvote 0