why do people think the moon landing was fake?

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Agreed and I supposed I should have put down basically dead or dead from the standpoint from having enough people nationally to have excitement in doing it at least in the last 50 years.
I think the explanation is threefold:
  • The motivation for the landing had little to do with space exploration and everything to do with the Cold War. Once the landing was achieved the race was won and Cold War attention moved elsewhere, notably Vietnam.
  • The cost, although small in terms of national budget, was huge in terms of science investment. With the political goal achieved there was no way the program could be sustained.
  • This is your point. Public support was attracted to the novelty of the moon landings. Attention had already waned by Apollo 13, until it had "a problem".

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'll believe in this when I step foot on the moon myself. Which was supposed to be possible by now. Remembering back to 1972, there was supposed to be a whole city on the moon by now. Going to the moon by now was supposed to be as easy as going to Hawaii. Where's that Pan-Am space shuttle that was going to take me to Luneropolis?

If you'll recall, though, we thought the Jetsons and Lost in Space were pretty much the way things would be by now. If someone had told us in 1972 that when we were in our 60s we'd be driving Ford pickup trucks on the same asphalt highways our school bus took, we wouldn't have believed them. Large parts of the future worked out very differently than we thought they would.

And I have to say that as a broadcast engineer with 49 years of experience, I agree with Bradskii about faking the location of the transmission. Radio waves are electro-magnetic radiation that travels from point A to point B. We can detect the direction they are coming from- THAT cannot be faked.

The only way to "fake" the transmission would be to literally change the direction of travel by bouncing it off a reflector, which, if possible, might work for one receive location. But another receive location would triangulate the origination and it would be obviously coming from the wrong direction. I think Bradskii is right about that.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In 2014 I wrote a science-fiction story called Checkered Flag Moon. I did an audio youtube video of it. It was a story which suggested Mankind would go back the Moon in a big way but not for any practical scientific reason but for something that puts excitement and adventurism within people....it would be for an Annual Lunar Race in Moon Car (buggies) and a track that would cover a large area of the Moon. We know that sports makes the world go around and to win the actual Lunar Race would be viewed as a great honor.

My story had to do with a couple who had participated in the first Lunar Race in around 2030. The year now is 2055 and they're at the 25th Anniversary of the first event giving a speech. They relate why such a totally insane and seemingly frivolous reason to go to the Moon worked and brought back the passion of going there again and how it caused a spin off of a great many other things. Hotels being built just like a strange type of Vegas and other events of different types taking place on the lunar surface....mountain climbing anyone? A foolish crazy reason to get MAN back up there....but it worked. Sports and competitions always, ALWAYS create passion.

Here is a link to my youtube story (about 30 min) if anyone would like to hear it.

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟215,231.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'll believe in this when I step foot on the moon myself. Which was supposed to be possible by now. Remembering back to 1972, there was supposed to be a whole city on the moon by now. Going to the moon by now was supposed to be as easy as going to Hawaii. Where's that Pan-Am space shuttle that was going to take me to Luneropolis?
In comparison with sending people to the moon, building a bridge to Hawaii should have been easy. The fact that a bridge still hasn't been built proves that Hawaii is a fake island, part of a long running conspiracy to allow a someone who wasn't a natural born American to become President. But you only have to look at Trump's hair to know that could not be natural born. (I've a feeling I've mixed up some presidents).

Perhaps this is the connection between (fake) moon landing and the (fake) election results?

Mt. Everest is fake.

What! So, the couple of people I've meet who had summited Everest are part of The Conspiracy? And a former work colleague who unsuccessfully attempted to climb Everest? And friends who have been to base camp? And those who have seen Everest from a distance?

Flat Earth. Fake moon landings. Fake Everest (must be fake, otherwise everyone would see it from anywhere on a flat earth). They are all connected.

Why hasn't anyone approached me to become part of this worldwide conspiracy? I feel left out.

(Since 'gullible' has been removed from the latest Dictionary, everyone will believe this post. Trump's last act was to remove 'gullible', and which Biden endorsed. This may well be the only time they agreed on anything. The MSM failed to report it, but details here: www.gulliblenews.com/gullible_removed_from_disctionary )

• Haha
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

I'm not supposed to mention this, but we've been having difficulties discussing property rights with the natives.

• Haha
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Nine years after the moon landing Hollywood made Capricorn One, a movie where they had to fake a Mars landing. The movie poster seems intentionally provocative.

gbqBTqr.jpg

Here is the scene where it is being staged. A lot of conspiracy theories are popularized by Hollywood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I do NOT think that the moon landing was a fake.

Who does?

You could skim through the thread. d taylor, for example, firmly believes that the Moon landing was a fake. (He's a flat Earther, after all.)

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well here you go, here's why:

Four-Decade Study: Americans Taller, Fatter

Both men and women in the United States are roughly an inch taller and 25 pounds heavier than they were in 1960, the study concludes.

upload_2021-9-4_11-29-13.png

It's just not cost effective to send Americans to the moon anymore lol.

• Haha
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are the one who thinks that there's a place called Australia.

Wait...

... I thought that was Finland?

This Dude Accidentally Convinced the Internet That Finland Doesn't Exist

Heh. The Vice article references Poe's Law... WE'RE FAMOUS!!! Jesus is going to be SO happy!

There is an internet adage named after a commenter by the name of Nathan Poe, who was arguing creationism on Christian forums (because of course he was, this is the internet). Poe's Law states that "it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views."

Last edited:
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because of The Bible, in The Bible it states the moon is a created light, that has been placed in the raqia above the earth (same also for the sun and stars).

So the moon (or the sun and stars) is not out 230,000+ miles away from earth, in a made up outer space.
Wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums