Not open for further replies.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Want some better news? Some good news? Remember this information earlier this year, in the population overall ? >>
"Apr 25, 2020 — Of the 2,028 who tested positive, close to 95% had no symptoms. ..."

And other info harder to find now, was more widely published - about 90% to 97% of all people had no problems , no worries, even if they got covid ..... it simply did not harm most people at all.

If people got infected, they usually had no symptoms, and the next group of people if they got infected, had only mild symptoms, like a cold, or at worse like a one or two day flu.

it's still 2k people dying a day, and will go up as the hospitals reach their limits.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
it's still 2k people dying a day, and will go up as the hospitals reach their limits.
Good luck explaining that...the truth is people do not want to be told what to do. If there choice endangers others lives they do not.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good luck explaining that...the truth is people do not want to be told what to do. If there choice endangers others lives they do not.

I get that but still annoying. wish these guy would spend half the effort debunking trump or alex jones and such. at the rate half the people in this topic and across the us are going, we could hit easily 4k deaths a day by Christmas.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I get that but still annoying. wish these guy would spend half the effort debunking trump or alex jones and such. at the rate half the people in this topic and across the us are going, we could hit easily 4k deaths a day by Christmas.

While I am all for freedom I do not believe and individual freedom should trump the wellbeing of others. If your personal freedom cost other people there lives it is know longer a freedom its murder

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are reasons which are understandable, if anybody cares to know.
Reasonable? Out of touch with reality is not reasonable.
All the answers known from the start is not possible.
Everybody following the advice is not possible either when the president himself ignores it encouraging others to ignore it also.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have covid. Why should wear a mask?

Covid is smaller than the holes in mask. If I had it and wore a mask it would make no difference. Like a chain link fence stopping mosquites.

And yes, put me down as one of the group that is tired of politicians ursuping their authority, locking down, destroying business and fortunes. Go away and leave me alone.

And besides all the above: Christ is my healer. He redeemed me from the curse of the law so I have no fear of illness or death. And if I die it is but gain.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't have covid. Why should wear a mask?
Covid is smaller than the holes in mask. If I had it and wore a mask it would make no difference. Like a chain link fence stopping mosquitos.

And yes, put me down as one of the group that is tired of politicians usurping their authority, locking down, destroying business and fortunes. Go away and leave me alone.

Thats logic...well sperm are small but a condom still gives 98% protection if used right...same with the mask...if you have it and start coughing hard all the spit & crap will land in your mask...lessening the danger. Nothing is 100% but 80 or 90% that is protection. If your out in 20 below zero weather with protective clothing and stay out there eventually you will die...but the protective clothing will allow you to live longer. Guess what your rights and freedoms do not give you the right to endangers someone elses life...my children's life.

What is the death tole so far..200k...how many people have to die before your satisfied...oh wait your saved supposedly...that mean you go to heaven if you die...what about those who are not saved. That attitude right there is why Christianity is not gaining new converts...instead more and more are turning away.

And besides all the above: Christ is my healer. He redeemed me from the curse of the law so I have no fear of illness or death. And if I die it is but gain.

Here is a parable for you...a man was in a flood...three came to rescue him. He refused cause Jesus was going to save him. He drowns and gets to heaven and ask jesus why he did not save him and Jesus said...i sent three people what more do you want. Those doctors and scientist, emts etc...god put them there to help us...and then people you say Jesus is going to save me...yeah he is he has given doctors and scientists, and teachers, and emits and more all to help you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
200 years ago unless you were wealthy, the average person was considered old if he made it to 40. Now people live to there 100s easy. 120 years ago...any cancer was death sentence...2020 almost every cancer caught early is treatable and beatable. Vaccines have taken diseases that used to cause either death or severe physical problems and beaten them.
40 was never considered old. Life expectancy was low mostly due to infant mortality rates. Cancer rates have been on the increase from 120 years ago and the ones that are "beatable" are not due to vaccines. It's due to crude 'medievel like' treatments such as chemo. And I'm not sure who easily lives to their 100's, there is only 5 blue zones in the entire world. Three of them are basically rural villages/towns away from many modern ways of life including medical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reasonable? Out of touch with reality is not reasonable.
All the answers known from the start is not possible.
Everybody following the advice is not possible either when the president himself ignores it encouraging others to ignore it also.

Providing people with what one claims to be expert medical advice from a position of ignorance without a caveat is not reasonable. Neither is telling people something one thinks is not true so that one can arrange to have something one wants. And those are things that Fauci et al were doing back in March and April. That is what makes people skeptical. If one wants to be trusted, one must act in a trustworthy manner. Tell people upfront that the advice you are giving is not based upon known scientific fact but rather a best educated guess and don't purposely mislead people by telling them you don't think masks are effective if you actually think they are .

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
People chose not to use a mask and make big hoopla about it and go on about conspiracies. I think there is certain type of person who hates being told to do something. Doctors and Scientists who spent decades studying there craft and someone with know medical training will hoot and holler about conspiracies and then you look into were the conspiracy started and you find it was on Facebook page run by someone who did not graduate college.

Satan tempted Jesus he said jump of this building and gods angels will protect you. Jesus looked at Satan and said you should not put the lord your god to a foolish test.

Or the modern parable of the man who who was in a flood and kept saying god will save me. Three people tried to save him and he drowned and he asked god why did you not save me. God looked at him...probably like he was and idiot...and said I sent three people to save you.

God gives us emergency response people for disasters, doctors and scientist for disease...and you know what they do good job. In 1980 Smallpox one of the worlds most deadly disease was eradicated by vaccines. It had been around for thousands of year and killed millions if not billions of people. I hear all the conspiracy theories and look at the world and realize were not the bad off.

200 years ago unless you were wealthy, the average person was considered old if he made it to 40. Now people live to there 100s easy. 120 years ago...any cancer was death sentence...2020 almost every cancer caught early is treatable and beatable. Vaccines have taken diseases that used to cause either death or severe physical problems and beaten them.

Almost all the problems we have with covid could have been avoided if people had listened to doctors. Countries that practice social distancing and were masks have less covid problems.

I am really trying to understand this.

Here is an article about wearing masks telling you that you should were them why do people ignore it.

Yes, You Should Wear a Mask. Here’s How and Why
People fight back against masks because they don't work. I have medical journal studies dating back 40 years which question whether masks are useful in any setting. Just last week the largest mask study done so far showed them statistically insignificant in stopping Coronavirus. (Landmark Danish study finds no significant effect for facemask wearers | The Spectator)

Why do people not listen to doctors? First of all, only in the world of the mainstream media is there consensus from doctors about the virus. Go to more conservative outlets and you'll hear different advice from other doctors. Many people have been to their own doctor and been told something completely different about the virus. Mine, for example, said the masks were causing stress and anxiety levels to rise and he questioned the benefits. My kids pediatrician flat out said children shouldn't wear masks because it's bad for their development. She also said it's outrageous that schools have closed, that not being around other kids was bad for the long term health of children.

So which doctors are we expected to listen to?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Where in the bible does it say that wearing a medical mask is occultism. Oh wait it doesn't this conspiracy theory.

Mask have long been associated with the occult.

Only a small portion of the mask worn are medical, and many are decorated, just like occult mask are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Masks are probably "somewhat" effective. They are obviously not a panacea because if they were covid would have died out months ago.
The entire western world have been mandated to wear masks for 10 months now and there is still a second wave.
Have you noticed that we've even been conditioned to blame non-mask wearers as the culprit of the new spike even though we are all wearing them??? We are so mind f*$3d that we believe that our invisible neighbors are entering the same public spaces as us and are not wearing masks, we even think we see them on line at the register of the convenience store, at the pet store at Macy's etc. Lol

Only thing observable is that Covid acts just like any other virus. It lessens in the summer and increases as the weather gets colder. As we in the northern hemisphere are getting a second spike Australia are easing their restrictions as summer has lessened it's spread there.
As far as doctors, I come from a family of medical practitioners and I can tell you they are not as smart as you think. Most are completely out of the loop and usually repeat the same things they are told. I won't even get into their lack of street smarts. Idolizing doctors is really stupid, most are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed including in their field.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In before THIS thread runs its inevitable course.

Mask wearers- Just do it
Antimask wearers- No

Mods- Thread shut down because civility is lost.

No minds changed. I love the interwebs.:blush1:

Almost there. Not quite yet.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I would think the national Infection control experts.
Why should we listen to them? What are their qualifications vis-a-vis other infectious disease experts? What are their biases? It doesn't seem very wise to simply trust these people because they work for the government.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Masks have been mandated for the past 8 months and yet it has not eradicated covid.

In fact I work in the only type of establishment wear masks are not required to be worn by NYS decree. That's the restaurant business. You can take your masks off once seated at the table. I'm not aware of any spread atleast at my establishment. The same regulars many old timers been coming in even sitting at the counter.
And therein lies the hippocrisy of mankind. The blame for COVID on the invisible imaginary non-mask wearers. Only if everyone wore a mask! (Everyone has been wearing a mask and they still have gotten it). Except in restaurants were my customers complain about non-mask wearers spreading covid while they eat in a public setting not wearing masks!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.